The Dance that changed my life

Homecoming

The cold air brushes against my bare legs as I walked through the hallway. Holding my ticket and phone in hand, my mind is somehwere else. 

While going into the darkened auditorium, my eyes scan the crowd as I make my way through. Music booming, lights flashing, I'm nervous. My date couldn't come...in fact, he didn't even tell me. I'm dateless.

I walk up to my cousin telling him to hold my phone and sweater. Walking back to the crowd I see friends dancing. I decided to join them in giving them a hug. 

While talking to a friend, my heart suddenly starts beating faster and faster. Why? 

Blocking out the conversation that was going on infront of me, my eyes scan the crowd once more. In front of me was the guy that I used to like. He rarely talks to me during school, but for some reason he comes up to me and gives me a hug.

"You look beautiful." He says while hugging me

"Thanks" I replied as I give him a small smile.

He releases me as he walks away to our friends. I decided to ignore the feeling that was going on in the pit of my stomach. I felt like I was going to puke. 

Going back to my friends, I started to dance. It was about 30 minutes until a request was made.

Some girl apparently went up to the DJ and requested a slow song. Great. I don't have a date...I'm awkwardly standing in the middle of the dance floor while everyone else is finding a partner. 

I see him standing 3 feet in front of me, girls surround him. I see him slowly moving in my direction, glancing at the floor for a few seconds, I feel a presence right in front of me. 

I feel his hand take mine. My heart goes crazy. What's happening to me? I'm not supposed to feel this way. 

I lift my arms and put them around his neck. Looking anywhere but him. 

He's doing the same, sometimes glancing down at me. 

"So, are you having fun?" I whispered while looking to the side.

"I guess, it just started, are you having fun?" he replied as he looks down at me.

I felt his gaze linger on me for a second then he looks away.

"It's okay so far." I replied as I smiled.

We're both swaying from side to side. Never looking directly into each others eyes.

"I thought you had a date?" he asks me as he watches other people dance.

My hand tightens a little as I look up.

His eyes bore into mines.

" He couldn't make it...." My voice falters a little at the end.

"Oh..." That was all he said as he looks back up.

His face changes....it went from happy to bothered. I wish I knew what he was thinking....

"You know...you guys looks so cute together!" A girl to our left says to us as we swayed side to side.

None of us said anything. About 3 seconds later he speaks up.

"Thanks." he says as he laughs a little.

His laugh....his laugh is like music to my ears. My heart feels like it's about to explode.

I smile to myself as I look up. My brown eyes bore into his. We never been this close before, sometimes we would never talk in school. 

We're still looking at each other as I feel him move down a little. My palms felt like they were shaking. My heart started to race even faster. 

Still looking into his eyes, he smiles. I smile back. He moves down a little more and my smile falters a little.

What is he doing to me? I can't do this anymore.

My eyes shift side to side as I see couples kissing around us.

He keeps moving until the music suddenly fades away. We both break apart and smile at each other.

"Thanks for the dance, it was nice." he smiles and hugs me once more.

I stood there smiling to myself, missing his skin against mine. 

I walk away from the dance floor, my heart beating million beats per minute. 

Reality hits me.

I can never be with him.

I can not fall for him.

I can not be his other half.

I can not fall for my ex's bestfriend.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well guys...that was my night. 

Sorry about the not so good ending lol that's what really happened. I hope you enjoyed it >.< 

Bye <3