To Love Again/Can't Love You Again (Part III)

BEG/2AM Songfics
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Written from Ga In's point of view. Before the break was purely her thoughts and her recollections. After the break it goes into the present and her interactions with Kwon/2AM/BEG. I'm not sure what the official english title of the song is, but it's something along those lines. This is a 2AM song from their album Saint O' Clock, I think it's the 6th track. Please judge this piece leniently. 

---

You ask me to come back

But you know I can’t do it

 

You really promised the world. You promised to treat me better. You promised to protect me from everything. You promised to be braver and manlier.

But this really isn’t about you.

 

You cling and plead to start over again

But I think I’ll just make you cry again

 

You even promised to stop your crazy antics completely. That startled me, since it was something Jinyoung oppa couldn’t talk you out of. But this isn’t about you. To you there never was a problem with us, so I guess it’s about me—how I don’t think we will have any good end.

 

 

 

The common break up song feels just like your story

 

Indeed it does. Guy meets girl, there is mutual attraction, sparks fly, they get together, they’re happy for a while, then they realize they aren’t suitable for each other, so they break up. Well, only that we ourselves don’t know when the transitions from one stage to another happened. And we unofficially broke up before we even officially got together. Though I think I coldly dumped you yet you tried desperately to hang on would be a more accurate description of what transpired.

 

And I know you’re sill hurting over thoughts of me

 

And it’s been nearly three years. Our friendship has since been restored because you, and everyone else, stopped pursuing the topic.

 

I know it all but

 

You swore 2AM to secrecy. You swore miss A to secrecy. Everyone I heard from was sworn to secrecy. Despite that, they still tell me important snippets. Seulong said you provided a great deal of incriminating evidence while drunk, and you shove all the gifts sent by our fans into a box out of sight. Jinwoon said you cry while listening to BEG songs. Changmin said off screen, you would get very upset when rumours of some male and I went around.

 

 

 

Because to love you again

I’m too bad of a man

 

You think that you’re not good enough for me. Completely untrue. How could it be when you’re willing to fight and defend us, while I just give up? I’ll even say that if I weren’t me, I would think you’re close to perfect. If anything, I’m not good enough for you.

 

Even though you can’t still forget me

I can’t go back to your side

 

Jia said you knew all my schedules. Fei said that whenever I left, you would gaze at me longingly, and needed to be woken up from your daze. Min said you still act different whenever I’m there. But that moment I walked away from you, I had walked away from you forever.

 

 

 

I told you to be happy by meeting a person better than me

 

And so I told you to move on, to find someone truly worthy of your affection, so that we could close the chapter of our lives that were inevitably intertwined. There are many girls who are more suited for you than I, even though admitting it leaves a bitter aftertaste.

 

But why do you keep waiting for me like a fool

 

Even though on the surface you’ve given up on me, I know, that you are still silently hoping to change my mind. Did you realistically expect me to be in the dark, seeing how our social circles overlap so much?

 

Don’t make it hard for me anymore

 

Knowing that you’re still interested, knowing that there’s still room for a miracle makes it all the more difficult for me to harden my heart and turn away. You have no idea how many times I’ve been on the verge of letting my heart win out.

 

 

 

Even though I keep laughing when I see funny movies


How else am I supposed to react? Cry? That would be completely absurd.

 

And I know in the end tears come to my eyes

 

This is particularly so if we’re watching a romantic comedy—which is often the case, since that’s what the unnies love. I can’t help be reminded of how I was once also part of something like that for an extended period of time.

 

I know really well but

 

Ironically, it’s a 2AM song that takes the words out of my mouth.

 

---

 

Though we were allocated two different waiting rooms, somehow the 2AM boys always end up in our waiting room. Not exactly a mystery though, because they do have legs to carry them to our waiting room. Sometimes, BEG does perform at the same event as 2AM, but this is one of the rarer occasions where we’re doing a joint stage. That refers to Kwon and I, performing, what else but our only duet. A song that we’ve performed so many times, and has, to be blunt, long outlived it’s lifespan. Since we hadn’t performed it for quite a while, we had one night of practice before calling it a day—not much more was needed.

 

Yet this time gave me a strange feeling. Indeed, this was one of our better performances. Yes, I was singing the words, but I was honestly struggling to conjure up the feelings required. This was a struggle that had noticeably gotten more difficult in the recent years. What used to be bliss was now replaced

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter