Tiredness/Meet Her (Part I)

BEG/2AM Songfics
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Using Tiredness/Meet Her in Ga In's second solo album Talk About S. I actually really liked Tiredness, even though I was only okay with the album. I know, out of all the songs in her album--the others are all happy songs--i just had to choose the break up song :x This is one of the very few songs which similarities jump at me (of course, WFIL and TDIC are given). Written entirely from Ga In's point of view, and in first person. 

This will likely be the first songfic out of three. 

-

Get out and let go

Now turn your eyes away
I am getting a bit tired

 

It’s been slightly over a year since you were released from your obligation of feigning romantic interest in noona. Yet you keep trying to initiate conversations, keep trying to meet up, keep trying to obtain affection.


So let go, let me go
Now just let me go

 

I’d be lying to say that I am not flattered by the attention. I am. No one has made me feel so loved. I wish that were enough. But I don’t think so. Maybe for reel life it was.

 

 

But this afternoon is too romantic to say these words

 

I’ve wanted to tell you this—many times in fact. This isn’t a matter that I should be dragging my feet over, it’s something that I should have said the moment I realized it. But you’re being so exceedingly sweet today.


I used to shout out “you’re mine, you’re mine”
But I guess that me died a long time ago

 

Looking back, I wonder why I even uttered those words. Had I genuinely believed that I was capable of holding on to you? Was it an ardent wish of mine? I’m not sure myself. No longer do I have the right to say that though. I don’t wish to further delude myself that I do.

 

 

I’ll probably think of you

I used to be attracted to you as if I was dreaming

 

When the inevitable happens, when we finally realise that we’re not compatible that way, we’ll wind up awkwardly avoiding each other. I’ll reminisce fondly, the times when I depended on you, when you used to like me.

 

It was a melo, melodrama, as short as fireworks

 

I’ll concede, it was a variety show. It lasted a whole year and three months, much longer than fireworks last. But for someone sentimental like you, it probably could be considered fleeting.


Go and find a girl who’ll only look at you – hello hello

Funny, isn’t it?

 

There’s no lack of girls who are more suitable for you, girls who will treasure your affection better than I do, girls who will love you wholeheartedly. Girls spunky enough to confess to you first.

 


You’ll probably hate me so much for being like this

 

I can see the hurt in your eyes every time I push you away. But it’s for the better.


Oh let go, let go, let go
Now let me go and meet her
Let me go

 

The one moment that you act like you’re interested in me, the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter