1 - Bari

Daisy

 

I walked out of the front doors of the hospital where I worked as a nurse happily. I sat on a bench and waited patiently for my boyfriend to come pick me up.

I looked around contentedly but then I saw something that brought horrible memories rushing back; a daisy. I almost allowed myself to delve into my dark past, but then shook my head determinately. I would not go there. This was my life now, and I was the happiest I had ever been since... then.

A car honked in front of me and brought me out of my thoughts. I looked up and saw Donghae sitting in the driver’s seat and waving at me with an amused grin. I smiled and ran to the car.

I got into the passenger seat and gave Donghae a quick peck on the lips. I started to pull away but he grabbed my face and deepened the kiss. I let him for a few seconds then pulled away and giggled. He smiled and started the car.

“So what were you thinking about before?” he asked, keeping his eyes on the road as he drove, “You looked pretty out of it.”

I quickly made up a lie, executed perfectly from years of practice, “Oh, it’s nothing, really. There was just an incident at work today that kind of bothered me.”

He glanced at me worriedly and grabbed my hand, leaving only one of his on the steering wheel, “What was it? Did something happen to you?”

I shook my head and continued flawlessly, “No, there was just this lady who was sick. She always used to talk to me, but she died today. The horrible thing is that she left behind two young sons.”

This wasn’t entirely a lie. The lady had cancer and was obviously in much pain, but she was always friendly towards me. She reminded me of my own mother with her strength and never ending kindness.

Donghae sighed, “Oh. That must have been hard for you with your past. Are you alright?”

I might have kept a lot of secrets from Donghae, but the one thing that I was very open about was my mother. Everything that I had told him about myself up until I turned eight when my mother died was completely true. Of course I had to omit a few things about my father, but Donghae knew relatively everything. 

I smiled lightly, “Yeah, I’m okay. I told you not to worry too much about me, I’m stronger than I seem.”

He raised an eyebrow, “Are you sure? I’ll take you out for dinner tonight to make you feel better.”

I giggled happily, “Really? You’re the best boyfriend ever!” I leaned my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes in content.

He chuckled and ruffled my hair. From my spot on his shoulder I heard his phone vibrate in his jacket pocket. I looked at him, “Do you want me to get that for you?”

He quickly pulled his hand out of mine and grabbed the phone out of his pocket, “No, it’s okay. I got it.”

I frowned at him, “You know you’re not supposed to talk on the phone and drive at the same time.”

“It’s fine, it’ll just be really quick,” he said, pressing the talk button. “Hello? … Ah, yeah hyung, I know… Everything will go fine, don’t worry… No! I’m not backing out!”

He glanced at me and then spoke more quietly, “Don’t worry about me hyung, just focus on your own roles. I have to go, my girlfriend is here with me,” then he hung up.

I looked at him curiously but didn’t say anything. I kept secrets from him, so it was only fair that I didn’t in on his life. It seemed like he felt the need to explain though because me gave a half smile and said, “Sorry, that was one of my coworkers. We’re working on a project together and he worries too much.”

I nodded and smiled, putting my head back on his shoulder. I quickly forgot about it and focused my thoughts on what I would wear later for dinner.

~*~

I ate my favorite food happily at the restaurant. I had settled on a classy black dress with high matching leather boots as my outfit. When I finished my food, I sat back contentedly on my chair, feeling stuffed.

I looked over at Donghae and noticed that he was looking at his phone and still barely halfway through his dinner. I sighed; he had been checking it ever since we sat down.  

I had been hoping for desert, but instead I offered selflessly, “Donghae, I’m finished. What about you? Do you want to leave now?”

He looked up at me and blinked, “Umm…” Suddenly his phone beeped. He checked it and smiled, then he looked up at me, “Actually, yeah! Let’s go!”

I rolled my eyes; he must be really excited for work. We got into the car and drove quietly. Donghae looked at me and leaned over to squeeze my knee lightly, “Sorry, baby. I know I’ve been kind of out of it tonight, it’s just that this is a really big project and I could get fired if I don’t do it properly.”

I shook my head and smiled at him, “It’s okay, I know. I’m like that all the time and you put up with me; it would be hypocritical if I didn’t do the same for you.”

He smiled and kissed me on the cheek, “Thanks, Bari. You know I love you, babe.”

“I love you too, Dongie baby.”

I settled back in my seat and looked out the window. I was looking at the night scenery but then I saw the flash of a car’s lights in the rear view mirror and furrowed my brows. I had seen the same car parked near us at the restaurant and it had been following us for 10 minutes already.

I was beginning to be alarmed, but then the car changed lanes and sped past us. I let out a relieved breath. It was probably just my old habits of always having to check my back catching up with me. I mentally hit myself; I had left that old world long ago and I really needed to finally get used to it.

After a while I fell asleep and woke up when Donghae gently kissed my forehead. I opened my eyes and smiled at him sleepily. “Mmm… Are we home yet?”

He smiled and nodded. He got out of the car then walked around to open my door for me. He put his hands underneath my legs and shoulders and started to lift me up but I giggled and hit his chest playfully, “Donghae! It’s okay, I can carry myself.”

He shook his head with a fake disappointed look on his face, “Ah, fine.”

I stepped out of the car and into the drafty parking garage next to our apartment building. I grabbed Donghae’s hand and started walking lazily behind him as he pulled us towards the exit. Suddenly I heard the sound of speeding cars and my senses were immediately awakened.

Three black cars came into view and their tires screeched as they braked to form a circle, surrounding us. I instinctively got into my fighting stance, having been in this situation many times before. Two men came out of each of the cars and I was ready to fight, but then one of the men pulled out a gun and pointed it at Donghae, “Not so fast, Miss Bari. We just want to have a talk with you. If you come along quietly, no one has to get hurt.”

I hesitated for a second, but before I could make a decision one of the men from behind me kicked me in the back of the knee and I collapsed to the ground. Then he hit me in the head with enough force to make me fall on my back.

I felt a little dizzy but I wasn’t entirely out yet. Through the daze, I heard Donghae yell something and try to run to me. Two of the men tackled him and dragged him to their car. I panicked and tried to get up, “No!” The man kicked me in the side and I fell again.

The man with the gun came and stood over me, “Sorry, but you do know that we can’t leave someone as dangerous as you conscious for the trip. Don’t worry Bari, just relax.”

He pulled back his foot and kicked me in the temple then everything went black.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hii! I hope you like the first chapter, isn't Donghae such a sweetie? Unfortunately their moments won't last so enjoy it now!:) Anyway, I wrote most of this, but my lovely coauthor helped a lot, so give her some love <3 I'm better with fluff so I'll be writing those parts and puffy73 will be writing the violent parts because she's very good at that for some reason... :s Lol. jk :D I love her to death for helping me with this story since it's my first one, so check out her stories!!

Doll Eye (Minwoo from Boyfriend)

Black Vow (Jessica and Yuri from Snsd, and Taemin from SHINee)

- babydoll16     <3

Hi, I'm puffy 73 as babydoll said :3 ... I'm really awkward and don't really know what to say, so please subscribe and comment on my bestie's awesome story!! :D

- puffy73       :)