The Police Station

The Olive Branch

"I can't believe you actually fought with those people!"

"I didn't hit them that hard--"

"And to think that I was suspected just because I was hiding behind you! Oh my gosh, what's going to happen to my future? Am I going to be recorded for something I never did? All I did was chase after you to give you a packet of seeds that you left behind, but no. No! Once I found you, you were already done fighting and I was dragged along as not a witness, but as your partner. Who would ever want to be your partner? This !" Jessica complained. 

By now, Jaejoong was irritated over Jessica's whines. "Well, I'm sorry for dragging you into this mess! It's totally my fault since you were stalking me until I came home. Sheesh, and to think that I would like you."

"Did you say something?" Jessica asked.

Jaejoong flushed his cheeks. "Nothing."

Jessica blew her bangs and wrapped her skinny fingers around the bars. She stared at the police officers, who were busy filing papers, getting phone calls, and talking to a couple of troublemakers. Running her fingers through her blond hair, she began to chew her soft, pink lips.

"I shouldn't even be here right now. I would be at home, watching television, doing my homework, and going to sleep. I could be cooking right now so that when Yuri comes back, she actually has food to eat," Jessica mumbled.

"Why? Yuri doesn't eat real food?"

"If there's nothing tasty, she'll grab a snack and eat the whole bag. I pay for those snacks with the money my mom sends my from America."

"You're from America?" Jaejoong asked, quite surprised to here this. "Is that why you carry the book and the stick? Do people in America do that?"

Jessica shot him a glare. "Yes, I am from America! And no, not everyone in America carries a book and a stick like me. Sheesh, where do you come from? Planet Uranus?"

"I would perfer Saturn," Jaejoong corrected. "Saturn would be nicer. It looks pretty."

"Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto--"

"Pluto isn't a planet. It's a dwarf planet--"

"Whatever!" she cried. "I can't stand to be next to a nerd! Someone, bring me out of this place!"

Jaejoong narrowed his eyes. "I am not a nerd! Even though it doesn't seem like it, I listen to lectures in the class. How do you think I survive high school?"

"Yes," Jessica said, raising her pitch. "How is it that you survive high school? Haven't you been suspended?"

"Plenty."

"No expulsion?"

"I pay money."

"... Are you serious? You pay money and learn over your mistakes? With money? How much money do you have?" Jessica asked.

"More than you can ever imagine," Jaejoong said. He looked up, then broke into a smile. "There's my ride!"

When Jessica looked up, she found Yunho entering the police station. Surprisingly, Yuri was right behind him, giving the room an uncomfortable vibe. Yunho didn't even need to go and check up with an officer. Once he met eyes with the officer that was guarding the mini jail-cell, the older man unlocked the cage and pulled Jaejoong out. Jessica gritted her teeth, and waited for Yuri to do something. Instead, Yunho went up to a police and opened his mouth to say some words. He kept pointing at Jessica, causing her to feel irritated. The same cop who unlocked the cage repeated the same step as he did with Jaejoong, except this time he pulled out Jessica. 

"Yuri!" Jessica cried, running up to her friend. She gave the friend a tight squeeze, then pouted. "You have no idea what happened! I was just going to give this guy--" Jessica pointed her finger at Jaejoong. "--something he left, and what do I get? I get stuck in a mini jail-cell. It was the worst twenty minutes of my life!"

"You must be glad that I didn't pound you up against the wall like I did with the other wimps at Kirin," Jaejoong muttered. His eyes wandered to Yunho, then he grinned. "You should've seen me, man. I was pounding them up real good. I think one of them broke their neck--"

"And you said that you didn't hit them that hard!" Jessica exclaimed.

"Well I didn't," Jaejoong defended. "It just happened so that they were weak! I think that guy survived without drinking milk!"

"You can still get vitamin D from the sun--"

"Look who's our little nerd now," Jaejoong mocked.

"I'm not a nerd! It's called the internet!" Jessica exclaimed. She stopped, then turned back to Yuri. "By the way, what are we eating for dinner?"

"Unfortunately for me and you, but Yuri is going to join me for dinner tonight," Yunho announced. "Apparently Donghae invited her last minute to celebrate our newest dancer in my crew. Jaejoong, you're coming, too. I don't want to come back here and get you, so I got my eyes on you for now."

"You actually got a new dancer? I thought you rejected everyone because you had a secret crush on--" Before Jaejoong could finish, Yunho elbowed his stomach. Jaejoong groaned, and clutched his stomach, wincing the pain. "Y-You jerk..."

Jessica stared at Jaejoong with an amused expression. Then, she looked back at Yunho, who stared right back at her.

"Good job," Jessica said, raising her hand.

"Thanks," Yunho responded, slapping his hand against hers. 

Yuri shivered. "Ew. Hey, but is it okay if Jessica comes with us? I don't want to be the only girl..."

"What? Only girl? But there's a ton of girls in Yunho's dan--" Once again, Jaejoong was interrupted when Yuri crushed his toes with her foot. Jaejoong yelped and raised his knee to carress his injured foot. Yuri glanced at Yunho, who glanced back. The two stared at their hands, then stared back at each other with a frown on their face.

They weren't going to high-five each other.

"As long as she pays with us, I'm fine with anything," Yunho said. He checked his watch, then tapped on Jaejoong's arm. "Hey, it's time for us to go-- Are you okay?"

"Do I look okay?" Jaejoong hissed, biting his tongue to surppress the pain.

Yunho examined him from head to toe, then nodded. "Yeah. Let's go."

As Yunho walked out, Jaejoong hopped right behind him. Yuri and Jessica stared at them, and watched them disappear at the corner. The two girls shook their head, then clicked their tongues.

"They don't look like good friends," Yuri said.

"Definitely," Jessica agreed.