Everything

Love Like Winter (One-Shot)

 

Life was hard…

Back then, Oppa and I used to be homeless.

Winter was a hard time, with frost and cold always haunting us.

Summer was warm, but it soon got unbearable.

Food was always short back then, we were lucky to even be able to eat a proper meal. It seemed as rare as finding a fortune in your garden. Not saying it was impossible.

Then suddenly, Oppa went missing. He disappeared, only leaving behind a note, telling me to head to the Kim Household.

And so I did just that.

A lady greeted me and welcomed me in. She seemed nice enough for me. Her child was a young boy, two years older than me. He was talkative and chatty.

The Kim’s ran a business.

Not a office-type of business, but more so a syndicate-type of business. They trained agents that were soon sent on missions. Some never returned. Some returned. Some ran away.

They took me in and trained me.

Raised me as their own.

I was still confused then.

Why had Oppa asked me to come here? Where was Oppa?

A few years later from when Oppa disappeared, I caught a glimpse of him.

He was the top dog at the syndicate.

He took me under his wing, but I felt that he had changed.

He no longer laughed anymore.

He no longer had a cherubic smile on his face.

He no longer had his eye-smile on.

Instead, he wore dark clothing and frowned.

I still followed him, mostly due to respect and from our family bond. But nobody knew about that. The fact that we were family. Nobody was family in this syndicate.

Sometimes, he would ask me to commit crimes for his own personal gain.

I had murdered countless people due to his orders. I did not feel guilty, neither did I feel remorse.

As long as we had our moments together, I was willing to do anything for him.

Then, a few weeks after we met again, he sent me on a peculiar mission.

I was to venture to a distant island in the south and blend in with the crowd. The Topirs, to be exact.

I had no idea why he made me do that.

But he came along with me on the mission for once. And this was enough to make me say Yes.

On this island, countless deaths were caused by me. Or maybe sometimes us together.

The old Oppa never came back, even after the mission was over.

But still, no matter how much he changes, no matter how much he makes me kill, no matter what he does to me…

I’ll still follow him forever.