Not Worth It:Jealousy without a cause?

Not Worth It

 

Youngmin and Kwangmin have been in the entertainment industry for a very long time. They started starring in TV commercials and slowly building o the 17 year old performers that they are now. And because they are now famous, they can't help if they are being hated by others. But the twins don't mind as long as they have each other.

 

As far as their fans know, they are awkward in showing their affection for each other in public. Although awkwardness is a part of it, what the fans don't know is that they just don't want to live up on other people's expectations.

 

But in their own perfect little world, hardships are bound to happen. Just like any other normal siblings, Youngmin and Kwangmin still argue with one another. And they will learn from a senior that a single fight is not worth losing each other.

 

November 7, 2012; a day before their comeback.

 

Boyfriend is practicing in a practice room near their apartment for their new song "Janus"; it has a manlier dance step so they had to take practice seriously.

 

"Youngmin-ah! Could you help me go at the store to buy some lunch?"Kwangmin called.
"No. Ask Hyunseong-hyung instead. I'm tired,"Youngmin answered, irritated.
"Ok,"Kwangmin looked down. "Hyunseong-hyung, could you help me?"Hyunseong nodded.

 

Kwangmin glanced at Youngmin before they went out but Youngmin just kept on dancing with a blank face. "What's wrong with Youngmin?"  Kwangmin thought.

 

"Did you guys fight again?"Hyunseong asked.
"Not that I know of hyung. Maybe Youngmin's just tired,"Kwangmin shrugged.

 

Back at the practice room, Youngmin took a rest and sat alone in a corner. Minwoo took the liberty to talk to his hyung.

“Hyung, what’s wrong?” Minwoo levelled his eyes with Youngmin’s.
“Minwoo, do you remember the girl we taped with for Janus?” Youngmin uttered.
“Of course hyung! She was so close to Kwangmin. I thought you guys knew her from before,” Minwoo stated.
“We didn’t. I need some fresh air,” Youngmin stood up and went to the rooftop. “I’m gonna go out for some fresh air Donghyun-hyung, Jeongmin-hyung,”

 

Minwoo may be the youngest but he is not naive. He immediately knew what was wrong with Youngmin. The older is jealous at the girl who’s trying to get his brother away from him.

 

“We’re back!” Kwangmin jumped. Donghyun, Jeongmin and Minwoo just sighed.
“Where’s Youngmin?” Hyunseong asked. Kwangmin froze.
“He went to the rooftop. He seemed upset,” Donghyun said.
“Give this to Youngmin, Kwangmin. He might get hungry,” Jeongmin handed the plate to Kwangmin.

 

Youngmin was still sulking at the rooftop. It was getting chilly and he’s stomach was grumbling, but he still didn’t want to go down. Until, a familiar smelling jacket was put on his shoulders.
“You might get cold. It’s chilly here,” Kwangmin shivered.
“What do you want Kwangmin?” Youngmin’s voice was as cold as the wind.
“I just wanted your bring your lunch to you,” Kwangmin sat next to his twin.
“Thanks,” Youngmin had no emotion in his voice.
The twins just ate in silence. Until, Youngmin sighed and decided to break the ice.
“Kwangmin, do you still remember our deal?” Youngmin started.

“Of course Youngmin. We will only show our affection off-cam and around people only if we trust them,” Kwangmin leaned on Youngmin’s shoulders and smiled at the end.
Youngmin sighed again, feeling content. “What about our promise to each other?” Youngmin continued.
“Always be honest to each other, never to keep a secret from Youngmin, and we vowed to always be together forever even if we have girlfriends of if we get married. Twins before ladies,” Kwangmin said adorably then held his brother’s hand.

 

Before Youngmin could continue, he received a text from Minwoo.

From: Minwoo
To: Youngmin-hyung

“We’ll be going first. Be sure to straighten things out with Kwangmin.”

 

“Minwoo said they’ll be going first,” Youngmin shared.

“Youngmin, is there a reason you asked me these questions?” Kwangmin turned serious now.
“Are you keeping a secret from me Kwangmin?” Youngmin is getting teary-eyed so he looked at the door and saw a shadow that disappeared to soon.

“Of course not! Why would I do that to you? You’re my brother!” Kwangmin was taken aback.

“LIAR!” Youngmin exploded. “I’ve had it with lies and secrets. I know you’ve been in contact with Chae Won. I’ve seen your phone and your laptop she texted so many times Kwangmin!” then he ran away.

“Youngmin! Wait! It’s not what you think!” Kwangmin ran after his twin.

 

Kwangmin looked for Youngmin to no avail. He was surprised when he saw Kevin Woo of UKISS approaching him.

“You must be the other twin,” Kevin said.

“Have you seen someone who looks like me, sunbaenim?” Kwangmin was panicking.

“Call me Kevin-hyung,” Kevin directed, the he laughed like an angel. “He’s with me. Follow me,” Kevin shook his head then laughed again.

 

They reached Kevin’s apartment. Kwangmin almost ran when he saw Youngmin but didn’t.

“Youngmin told me everything,” Kevin started. “Let me tell you guys something, it’s normal for people to fight even twins. But don’t let this problem ruin your relationship with each other. I also had someone who was like a brother to me but because of contract problems, we were forced to get separated. We fought when I found out the truth. We still don’t talk and I regret that day when I let him go,”

“Are you talking about Kibum-sunbaenim?” Kwangmin interjected.
Kevin looked at the window and smiled but sadness filled his eyes. “Yes. Remember that whatever the reason, it’s now worth losing each other,” Kwangmin and Youngmin looked at each other. Understanding filled their eyes.

 

The twins left Kevin’s apartment with a new light. They thanked their sunbae for his help. Kwangmin then decided to explain everything to Youngmin.

“There is nothing going on between Chae Won and me. She doesn’t even like me. She likes you Youngmin. She contacted me so she can get close to you. She asked me to help her out. I didn’t want to lose you yet so I didn’t help her so she kept bugging me. I’m sorry for not telling you,” Kwangmin pleaded.

“I’m sorry too. For not letting you explain. I would’ve done the same thing. I don’t want to be separated from you yet, “ Youngmin smiled.

 

Youngmin was taken by surprise by his brother’s hug, when their chest slammed at each other.
“Can’t. Breathe. Kwangmin.” Youngmin choked.

“Oops, sorry. C’mon, let’s get back to the apartment,” Kwangmin held Youngmin’s hand and let the way.

 

November 18, 2012; free hug event.

 

Because of their comeback, the twins barely had time for each other. This was a day they decided to make JO twins shippers’ hearts leap with joy.

 

At the event, Kwangmin stood next to Hyunseong at first. But, he was feeling uneasy; he kept glancing at Youngmin, who is at the other side with Minwoo at his side. He kept on rubbing his chest as if to make him feel better but to no avail. He decided to go stand next to his brother. Youngmin looked puzzled but Kwangmin only smiled.

 

Kwangmin felt cold so he decided to hold his brother’s hand but he became aware of other people’s presence, he cling to Youngmin’s arm instead. They both just smiled and did their special hug event together, feeling happiness and contentment having to spend time with their fans standing next to each other.