Ten Seconds

The Upgraded Me

Yeonhee gasped as she was searching for her breath. She was completely awake now. The dream about her past occurred again in her sleep.

It was honestly a nightmare, even the good memories.

<:>

"Two, Fifty Nine," Yeonhee said as she waited outside the train whilst people walked passed her to enter it. "Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two-" Yeonhee stepped inside the train.

"One," Yeonhee and Changmin said in unison. They met eyes. 

"Ah.. Hello." Changmin greeted shyly.

"Jinx." Yeonhee gave him a small smile before walking off to her usual seat.

Changmin's eyes followed her. As usual Yeonhee watched the changing scenery, but today he noticed something different about her. She looked as if she was waiting.

<:>

"Ten seconds, nine seconds, eight seconds, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one." Changmin counted down. "She's not here today."

He sighed hopelessly as he got off the train . Unexpectedly in front of the train, Changmin came face to face to Yeonhee.

"You're not getting on?" Yeonhee asked through her panting voice. It was obvious that she ran.

"Huh? Ah.. I am." Changmin did a u-turn back into the train.

"I'm late," she said with her out-of-breath voice as she got on the train.

"You ran here?" 

Obviously!! Why would you ask that? Stupid Changmin! Changmin scolded himself in his head.

"Yeah.. What time do you get here? You're always early."

"Thirty minutes before the departure time," he answered.

"Why're you always so early?"

To see you.. Changmin secretly said in his head.

"I guess I don't like being late," he replied.

"Same." Yeonhee gave him a small smile before walking off.

Although the conversation was short.. I can't help but be so happy. Changmin grinned like an idiot.

<:>

"Why did you ask me to meet you?" Yeonhee snapped.

"My mom wanted me to give you this." Yunho handed her a large bag over the table.

"She.. really has no clue about what happened between us. She still sends me side dishes.." Yeonhee accepted the bag.

"I'll be leaving first." Yunho got up and left the cafe.

"I hate it. I hate it all." Yeonhee could feel her tears rising in her eyes. 

<:>

These side dishes are so heavy. Ugh.. I should've taken a cab home instead of walking home. This day keeps getting worse. Yeonhee titled her head back and closed her eyes to clear her head. She saw a floating paper airplane when she opened her eyes. Yeonhee carefully placed the bag of side dishes on the floor next to her.

"It's that stupid paper airplane again.." She caught the falling paper airplane. Yeonhee unfolded it quickly wondering if someone wrote in it again. She read its contents.

I'm waiting and waiting. 

I thought I was the only one, but she's waiting as well.

Were waiting and waiting.

A chance is very precious.

So we will both keep waiting and waiting.

Until it comes.

A chance.

She wrote her thoughts on it before littering it on a pile of garbage.

<:>

I knew it would be here. I had a feeling it would be on garbage again. Why does it keep landing here? Changmin rolled his eyes at the thought of the rude person's old message written on his last paper airplane.

"I wonder if anyone wrote in it." Changmin picked up his unfolded paper airplane. "The rude person did write again. Let's see.. Oh, this is new. Dear creepy guy, what if a chance never comes?"

There are always chances. Some are given directly to you and some are hidden chances. You have to find them yourself if it doesn't come to you. 

Changmin folded his paper airplane back into shape.

 


Loving this song

and this song too.

I will try to update every week.