1

Dear. Boy

 


Soo Ah remained rooted to the spot, unable to move, as Kai passed her by. His enchanting aura spellbound the said girl and she felt her cheeks heaten when his lips drew into that taunting smirk. His whole demeanor spelled trouble but she couldn’t help herself. She’d fallen head over heels for him even though his bad boy image should’ve made her heart realize it was a terrible idea. Not that any of it mattered, because he would never see her. She was just one of many who idolized him. It were pretty ridiculous in a sense, but Soo Ah didn’t know better and ended up trying to gain his attention. So far it’d all been in vain as he showed no sign of even being interested. Why would he when there were several other girls’ who were both prettier and smarter. Plus, thick rimmed glasses wasn’t exactly appealing.

“Dongsaeng ah, why aren’t you in class?” her gaze averted elsewhere when her older sister stepped up. “It wouldn’t look too good if you arrived late.” Soo Ah nodded before scurrying off, her books tightly pressed against her chest. She avoided everyones curious stares by keeping her eyes set on the floor, as she carefully navigated between the mass of bodies, totally unaware that someone was heading in the other direction. They were on a collision course, something Soo Ah only noticed when she facepalmed right into the other person, her glasses and books scattering against the floor beneath. Loud gasps and murmurs erupted in the crowded hallway and Soo Ah felt incredibly flustered, even more so when her slightly blurred gaze met Sehun’s. The male was one of Kai’s closest friends, and therefore also the interest of many girls. “S -sorry.” she stuttered, both out of fear and embarrassment, before she bent down to search for her glasses. They were in danger of being destroyed if they lay there any longer.

Sehun heaved a sigh as he watched the girl, how her hands patted the ground in an attempt to retreat the ugly spectacle’s she’d been wearing. His irritation level had increased massively at the impact and he sported a deep frown as a result. He disliked being interrupted, more so when deep in thought, “you should look where you’re going.” Soo Ah flushed an even brighter shade of red upon hearing those words, thus forgetting all about her glasses for a second. An action that frustrated Sehun to a point where he bent down and picked them up himself, “here.” once handed over Sehun headed off in the direction of his homeroom, totally ignoring the curious glances and whispers that were sent his way. He paid no attention to gossip or such as they only disturbed him, and he did most definitely not need more chaos in his life.

Sehun’s frown deepened though, when he stepped into the classroom and caught Kai flirting with one of the girl’s. His friend were far from discreet and would, with most certainty, end up breaking another girls’ heart. Were they all so desperate that they threw themselves at anyone who showed interest in them? It seemed so at least. Self-respect and dignity, did those words even exist? “Yo! Sehun.” Kai greeted him with that all knowing smirk, thus completely ignoring the girl for a moment, whilst Sehun made way over to his desk. “Dude, why didn’t you come Saturday night?” the younger of the two rolled his eyes, as getting wasted wouldn’t make his problems go away. They would still be there when he woke up, along with a terrible headache and no memory of what’d taken place. “Something came up.”

Soo Ah kept her head low as she slipped inside her homeroom. More whispers could be heard and she flinched when someone grasped onto her arm and pulled, thus causing the girl to falter to the side. “Owleyes, I got an errand for you.” Soo Ah refused though, she wouldn’t let anyone disturb or get in the way of her studies, even if it meant going against Aesol. “You like Kai don’t you.” her eyes widened, once again flustered but also curious to how anyone could know. But then again, she wasn’t exactly shy about her feelings for the male. “Do this and I’ll think about giving you Kai’s number.” she contemplated the deal. It was after all Kai and stupid as it sounded the girl found herself agreeing, believing that maybe he would finally notice her, “o -okay.” Aesol smiled and clasped her hands together, delighted that Soo Ah agreed, “great.”

Pushing at her glasses the girl advanced forward whilst nervously biting down on her bottom lip. Soo Ah suddenly wished she’d stood up against Aesol, even more so when the door in front slammed open, thus revealing the person whom she was supposed to meet. “Where’s Aesol?” the male questioned instantly, an ordeal that puzzled her, “I -I’m here instead of her.” Soo Ah knew she would be in deep trouble if her sister happened to see her, especially since the girl was ditching class to meet up with some unknown male she’d never before met. Her parents wouldn’t spare with the arguments either, as the two adults were constantly telling the girl to get good grades. Being the younger sister of the school’s student body president truly had its cons.

“Fine. The money first.” several thoughts crossed her mind at the statement, mainly because Aesol hadn’t mentioned anything about money. Truth to be told, the other girl had barely explained a thing to Soo Ah, something that now left her completely awestruck. “Money?” what in the world had she gotten herself into? “Yeah. Money first then I’ll give you the papers.” Soo Ah was getting more and more confused by the second, she couldn’t understand why anyone would buy a few sheets of paper from another student. “Yah! Are you just going to stand there?” a sense of fear erupted within by the sudden outburst and the girl recoiled, almost tripping over her own two feet as she took a few steps back. “I -I think there must be some sort of mistake.” Soo Ah readjusted her glasses all the whilst she continued to chew on her lower lip. It had to be a mistake. Or just Aesol toying with her.

“YAH!” the train of thoughts were briskly interrupted by the male, who stalked forward until he had her cornered against the wall, his jaw tensed and his lips pressed together, “do you know how hard it was to get a hold of the answers.” she flinched, startled, when his palm connected with the hard surface of the wall behind. It took her by such surprise that she snapped her head to the side, her glasses falling to the ground as a result of the sharp movement. “I wonder what people would think if they knew you were trying to buy the test results for the upcoming midterm.” Soo Ah’s eyes flew open in disbelief. No wonder Aesol didn’t want to risk anything, as getting caught would get her expelled. “So, owleyes, hand me the money.” first of all, she could barely see a thing. Second of all, Soo Ah didn’t want to spend her money in such a way. “I d -don’t have any m -money.” the girl felt incredibly vulnerable standing there, and an eerie feeling creeped on, thus leaving her shivering in fear. He terrified the girl in a way that made her tremble, and she expected the worst when his hand once again slammed against the wall, “do you think this is a joke.” the man snarled right as she squeezed her eyes shut, wanting no more than to escape from there. Sure she’d been bullied before, with students spewing hurtful comments and making rude remarks about her appearance. But this situation was new. She’d never experienced anything like it before. “O -okay, I’ll give you money.” Soo Ah couldn’t take it anymore since she didn’t dare go against Aesol’s order. Plus, she would be given Kai’s number as reward, which was a pretty decent deal.

The low sound of footsteps slowly closing in saved Soo Ah from further torture, but the male did only leave after have given her a warning, “don’t tell anyone about this.” her stomach constricted in worry, because what if someone found out either how? She would be expelled for sure and her whole family would be so ashamed. Not to mention, the chances of getting into a good University would be totally nonexistent.

Soo Ah bent down once again in a try to retrieve her glasses from the floor, and in difference from earlier did she get a hold of them rather quick, something that spared her the humiliation of crawling around on the dirty ground. But the relief was short lived because she almost bumped right into someone else after having stood up, a low gasp slipping from her lips once taking notice who it was, “Kai.” the handsome male glanced at Soo Ah, his eyes meeting hers for a brief second before he spoke, “hm, do I know you?” what did she expected, of course he didn’t know who she was. The said girl was probably no more than a mere nerd to him, someone who wasn’t worthy of his time and effort. “S -sorry.” she averted her gaze to the ground before hurrying down the hallway and away from Kai, who’d already his heel and left in the other direction.

She returned to her homeroom a minute later, thus earning looks and glances from everyone, including Aesol who gave her a hard stare. “Soo Ah sshi, why are you late?” she couldn’t possibly reveal the truth of what’d taken place in the hallway, and did instead explain that her sister had wanted to talk. “Make sure it doesn’t happen again.” the girl nodded, turned around, and walked towards her bench and the books she’d left there, completely ignoring the stares Aesol were sending her way. Kai though, was someone she couldn’t get out of her head, and it didn’t take long before her daydreams took over and Soo Ah let herself emerge into the fantasy world her mind created.


The bell rang in the far distance, indicating that the first class was over. But she remained in her seat, tightly gripping onto the sheets of paper that were lying in the pocket of her blazer, whilst the other students moved about to exit. She wouldn’t risk getting caught with them, and therefore waiting until everyone were gone before heading up to Aesol, who’d also stayed behind. “Here.” she placed the folded papers down, her heart suddenly racing at the thought of receiving Kai’s phone number. “Great. You can leave now.” a smirk graced Aesol’s lips as she unfolded and read through some of the answers, thus ignoring a now confused Soo Ah, “but, you sa -.” briskly interrupted the girl listened as Aesol snorted, “did you really think I would give his number to you.” Aesol laughed, amused, before continuing, “Kai would never look at someone as ugly as you, let alone want to be around you.”

~~~


decided to split the oneshot in two parts.