Is that your excuse?

Excuse

 

You laid on the bed in your hospital room when suddenly you heard someone knocked the door. Your head turned to the door and your best friend's head poked in through the door.
 
"Soraaa~" he sang as he skipped to your bed with a bouquet of flower. Your eyes softened seeing him as he placed the flower on the table next to your bed.
 
Slowly you sat up with the support of your hands but he helped you when he noticed it. "Aigoo~ Sora yah, you don't have to sit. Just lay down, okay?" he titled his head.
 
You shook your head, "No, I'm just fine" you gave him the sweetest smile ever. He giggled and pinched your cheek as he sat next to you on your bed.
 
He your hair and you smiled at his touched, "Ah! Let me comb your hair" he took the brush in the drawer and started to comb your hair softly and gently.
 
"Your hair is so soft" you smiled. You cleared your throat and started to cough. "Oh? Sora yah, are you okay?" he rub your back soothingly and patted your back once a while.
 
He leaned in, "Are you feeling better now?" you took a deep breath and nodded.
 
You were spacing out when he was talking about something. Your were busy thinking about what the doctor had told you back then.
 
*I'll die anytime now. Why do I have this disease? I have to leave all my family, friends, and even.. Sungjong* you turned to face him and a tear ran through your cheek.
 
He gasped, "Yah.. why are you crying, Sora yah?" he said in a low tone as he moved closer and pulled your head to rest on his collarbone.
 
"Shh.. don't cry. I'm here with you" you were taken aback at his sentences and cried even harder because you know, you will leave him too anytime. Or maybe.. today.
 
You grasped his shirt in your little hand and hugged him tighter. He wrapped his arm around you and slowly leaned backwards to lean on the bed. Now, you were leaning on his arm and cuddling with him on the bed.
 
It was so sad even for you to replay all the memories with Sungjong. Since you have no energy left, you fall asleep in his embrace.
 
He looked at you and his eyes softened, seeing you sleep comfortably in his embrace. "Sora yah, you have to be strong and promise me you won't leave me and recover soon, okay?" he pulled your pinky finger and locked it with his and smiled as you stirred in your sleep.
 
He tightened the hug and dozed off with you around his arms.
 
 
You opened your eyes and your nose was touching with Sungjong's. You smiled and closed your eyes again as you took a deep breath.
 
Just then, you sat up straight and started to cough again, made him startled and awake. He sat up next to you and rub your back soothingly, just like how he did before.
 
But this time, you coughed badly and your hand gripped the blanket with all of your might. He started getting worried and grabbed your hand while the other one he reached for the glass of a water on the table next to your bed and handed to you.
 
You couldn't stop coughing and squeezed close your eyes. He frowned and put away the glass to call the nurse.
 
Soon, the nurses came into your room with the doctor and examined you as Sungjong watched it from the corner of the room and played with his fingers worriedly and bit his lower lips.
 
You stopped coughing and Sungjong ran to you as the doctor and the nurses leave your room. His face was obviously showed that he was deadly worry about you.
 
One thing that he didn't realized is when the doctor and the nurses leave, they were showering with a guilt feeling for not revealing the truth. Not to you, but to Sungjong.
 
He took your hand but you pulled it slowly, "Sungjong ah, can you do me a favor? Buy me some apple" you gave him an innocent smile and he nodded as a smile plastered on his face.
 
"I'm going~" he waved at you and you just smiled at him. Your eyes were fixed on his figure as he retreat and finally leave the room.
 
The truth was, the doctor said you had reached the worst level and they couldn't do anything about it. You nodded and told them not to tell Sungjong about it.
 
 
Meanwhile, Sungjong was walking to the shop at the ground floor.
 
"Miss Sora, you had reach the worst level and.. we couldn't do anything about it" 
 
He brought the apples and the smile never faded on his face.
 
"Today could be your last day"
 
I'm sorry, Sungjong ah. I don't need that apples. I don't even enjoy eating it. I only enjoy being with you.
 
"We are so sorry"
 
Sungjong ah, I have to go now. Let's meet in our next life.
 
You started to cough again and you reached for the paper and the pen in the drawer. Even your hands were trembling, you still wrote down on the small paper.
 
Your hand gripped the pen tighter and the pen fall on the floor as your hand moved and placed it on your chest when you started to breath heavily.
 
Sungjong ah..
 
He was on his way to your room when suddenly he sprained his ankle but luckily he wasn't injured at all. He took a deep breath before proceeded to your room.
 
"Sora yah~ I've brought the.." his smile faded when he saw your weak figure laid on the bed. The apples were rolling on the floor as he ran to you, "Sora yah? Sora, Sora!!" he sat on the bed and shook your body with his hands on your shoulders.
 
His vision were getting blurry "Sora, open your eyes" he shook your weak body but you didn't budge. "Sora! Don't leave me!!" he hugged you with all of his might as he squeezed close his eyes and the tears started to run through his cheeks.
 
"Sora, you can't leave me!!" his voice now getting louder. When he broke off the hug, he noticed the small paper in your hand. He wiped away his tears and took the paper to read it.
 
He cried even harder after he read what have you wrote. "Sora, why didn't you told me?!" his head bend down and the tears dropped on the your pale hand.
 
He stood and picked an apple on the floor and cried again as his knees shaken and fall on the floor. His head lowered "Sora.. Sora.." the tears ran through his nose bridge and dropped on the floor this time.
 
"Sora yah, is that your excuse to leave me?" he looked at you and another tear escaped from his eyes. The small paper was still in his hand and it was written,
 
 
 
I'm sorry, Sungjong ah
Sorry for the excuses
I love you, Sungjong ah
Let's meet again in our next life