If Only...

Truly, Madly, Deeply Inlove

 

"Hi. I am Tiffany Hwang. And I will be your tour guide for today!"

As I said those words to the group that I had to handle, I noticed that everyone is not paying attention to me.

I continued to walk and only 4 out of 15 people are following me. I introduced them to the first destination. The shark tunnel.

"Okay. This tunnel is located under the tank where the sharks are supposed to swim. It is was also made for the people who wants to experience underwater close encounters with the sharks without getting wet. If we move closer here, we can see a great white shark and it measures almost a hundred and........"

"HEY EVERYONE! IT'S A GREAT WHITE SHARK THAT MEASURES MORE THAN A HUNDRED INCHES. COME ON HERE!"

When a guy said that, they hurriedly ran towards the tank and took pictures of it. It was like a stampede.

"No Flashes Please. Turn it off. No Flashes. No Flash Photography!" I shouted at them but they seem to ignore it.

I continued to tell them that, but no one turned the flashes of their cameras off.

When I looked up, I saw Dong Hae near the edge of the tank. He is a trainer and he trains sharks. Which is kinda weird because they don't eat him.

He jumped to the water and swam towards the tourists. He showed them a sign saying this: NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY. SHARKS ARE SENSITIVE.

After that, he entertained the tourists by putting up a show for them. He swam with the sharks and pet them without getting eaten. I just watched there with a smile on my face. When it was over, the tourists started to listen to me. And they were not using Flashes anymore.

++++

After the tour, I went to the platform where the Sea Lions perform and saw Dong Hae there, sitting while his feet are in the water.

I sat beside him and decided to thank him.

"Hello there." I said

"Hi. How are you with the tourists?" He asked.

"Well. Since you came earlier and showed the sign, they became more disciplined. And they did not use flashes anymore...Why did you do that, by the way?"

"Because you left your radio on and I heard everything you said. I was watching you from the edge of the tank. I can clearly see everything inside the tank from there." He said while fixing the radio which is clipped near my collar.

I stared at him and looked at his handsome face. His perfect noseline and his wonderful eyes.

When he is done, I quickly turned my gaze to another view because he might see that I was looking at him and notice that I have feelings for him.

"I was worried about you." He said while looking in my eyes.

Why? Why is he like thst? He makes my heart beat faster. He makes me melt. He makes me fall inlove with him. And it is wrong. Really wrong.

"No. Don't say that." I said and turned away from him.

"Why? Is it bad to worry about my dongsaeng?" He said and pouted like a child.

Hearing those words are like stabbing my heart a thousand times. Even if I act mature so that he will notice me, I am still a dongsaeng to him.

I love him and I cannot be with him. He cannot love me back. Never. Because he has Jessica. They are perfect for each other. Dong Hae is really handsome, she is gorgeous. He has 6-pack abs and she is y. He is a gentleman and she is a fine lady. Thinking of her makes me look at myself and compare her to me. I am nothing. If Only I was Jessica, I would love him like there's no tomorrow. I will kiss and hug him like he is my destiny. But I am Tiffany.

"It's already 6pm. I need to go home." I stood up and walked to the dressing room. I did not dare to look back at him because I am afraid that I might get hurt even more and he might see my tears.

When I am finished, I directly went home. It was a lucky day. A normal day for me is when I break my heart almost every minute because I see them together everywhere I go. And when I see them kiss, hug, and do sweet things to each other. I can say today is a lucky one because I only got hurt once. Jessica did not go to work. I did not bother to ask anyone.

I am here outside my house. I took out the keys and opened the door. I put my bags on the sofa and the television. I cooked noodles since I am the only one in this house. After I eat, I watch TV. And after that, I go to sleep.

++++

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. It is another day. The first thing that came into my mind is Dong Hae. Just the thought of himmakes me cry.

Stay strong Tiffany. It is just another day. Maybe you won't see Jessica again. You can do it.

I said those words of encouragement to myself almost everyday. But it doesn't seem to change anything. A thought suddenly came into my mind.

I took a bath, ate breakfast, grabbed a piece of paper from my drawer and headed to work.

=At work=

I was holding the paper in my hands. I handed it to our manager. He read it and looked at me with disappointment.

"A Resignation Letter?" He said.

"Yes. I have family issues that needs to be solved. I know it's sudden but I need to do this. This might take time. And I won't promise you that I will come back. My mom is in the US and I will also go there." 

I said while my tears are about to fall because I am thinking about the true reason why I am resigning. It's because of Dong Hae. I can't do my work properly knowing that we cannot be together and I am just a dongsaeng to him.

"Are you sure about this? I'll give you time to reconsider this. Tell me if you change your mind okay?" He said.

"Okay."

I walked towards the door and opened it. I was shocked to see Dong Hae crying in front of the door. I looked at him with curiosity and sadness.

"Why are you crying?" I asked him.

I wanted to hug him and comfort him but I can't. Jessica might see us and get the wrong Idea.

"W...why?...*sobbing*..are you leaving me?"

I was shocked by what he said. I don't know how to react. But I know that he is telling that to me because I am his Dongsaeng.

"How did you know? Were you listening?"

After I said those words, he nodded.

"Don't cry. It's for the best. I need to go to my mom and heal myself." I said while my tears are about to fall.

"Don't...Please..."

I can't stand this. I decided to be honest with him. I need to face this. I have enough courage to say this because I will never see him again anyway.

"Why do you keep doing that to me? Why do you keep making me fall inlove with you more?" I said and I bursted in tears.

"I want you to fall inlove with me! That's why! I never had the courage to say this to you because Jessica is always near me...I love you too!!*sobbing* Why do you keep denying me? Is it because of her? *sobbing* If it is, I broke up with her two days ago. I never loved her!*sobbing*" He said while crying.

"But I always see you kiss, hug, and do sweet things!! You don't have to lie to me in order to stop me from leaving! I am just your dongsaeng right?!" I said because I know that he is just saying those to prevent me from leaving because I am a younger sister to him for so many years.

"Why can't you understand?*sobbing*She makes the first moves. And our parents hires investigators because we were arranged to get married.*sobbing* I wanted to confess to you yesterday but you denied me."

Dong Hae's Flashback:

 

"Well. Since you came earlier and showed the sign, they became more disciplined. And they did not use flashes anymore...Why did you do that, by the way?" She said so cutely.

"Because you left your radio on and I heard everything you said. I was watching you from the edge of the tank. I can clearly see everything inside the tank from there." I said while fixing the radio which is clipped near her collar. Her skin is so fair. Nothing compared to Jessica.

I thought that maybe I could tell her about what I feel for her today. I will be honest with her.

"I was worried about you." I said seriously while looking at her beautiful eyes.

I wish she would not deny me right now. Please don't. She is looking like she is shocked. Is this good or bad?

"No. Don't say that." She said and turned away from me.

Maybe I was wrong. I may have startled her. I am too forward. Well I can brighten up the atmosphere with an aegyeo.

"Why? Is it bad to worry about my dongsaeng?" I said as I pouted.

She would not lay her eyes on me. Why? My tears are building up. I can't show her that I give up easily. She is silent for a long time. Did I make a mistake?

"It's already 6pm. I need to go home."

When she said those words, she quickly walked fast to the dressing room. Then I felt my tears fall. She did not look back. This hurts.

End Of Flashback

We just stood there crying. But Dong Hae suddenly knelt down and took my hand.

"Tiffany. Ever since I met you, you became the sun in my gloomy days. The rain which pours down after a drought. You became the beat which my heart plays. You became the love of my life...Now...Can I be the Sun, the Rain, the Beat, and the Love of you life?"

Is this a dream? Everything was wrong. Now I know the truth. He also loves me.

"Yes." I said while smiling at him.

He stood up and jumped around while shouting my name.

I was just there looking at him. And feeling this wonderful experience. Being truly, madly, deeply inlove...

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi! This is my first Oneshot so please enjoy it!! Sorry if it's lame :))))