Mine

It Feels Alright When I'm With You

 

You were hanging out with your bestfriend and his boyfriend who is also your other really close friend at the mall because she suggested you need to have some fun instead sulking and crying at Chanyeol on your apartment. Since the three of you were all hungry, you decided to eat at a restaurant and get your stomachs filled. They enter the restaurant and give their orders at the cashier and paid. Soon, the waiter came at your table and set your orders with the utensils at the table and bowed before he left.

You were feeling uncomfortable while eating your lunch. Well, how can you not? Your bestfriend Sumin and his lover are feeding each other and acting all lovey dovey in front at you. You regretted accepting her offer. It’s not because you’re jealous about them but the way they act made you feel a third wheel right now and this just made you missed Chanyeol more. You were supposed spending this day with him right now if only you did not have a heated argument with him the other day. You’ve been crying and abandoning your health this whole week. Thinking that starting this day you’ll forget the bitter event between you and him, you joined the couple. But you’re here seeing those two being mushy did not make feel any better but worse.

You sighed and stood up which made the two looked at you with curiosity in their eyes.

“What are you doing?” Sumin queried.

“I’m already full. I’ll stroll around the mall for awhile because I think you need some time alone.” You winked and smiled at them.

“Okay but don’t stroll too long you might miss your handsome bestfriend” Minjun said.

“As if” You playfully sticked out your tongue at him and finally bid bye to them.

Once you left the shop, your smile also left your face. You wondered when you will see him again.

“Ah stop it Jaeri. Have some fun you need to restore some tears before crying again tonight” You bitterly laughed at your own joke.

You put on your earphones and listen to the music on your Ipod to push aside the thoughts you didn’t want to think for the moment. You headed to the bakery to grab something to eat. Your stomach is demanding food because you didn’t have the chance to eat at least the half of your meal earlier and your tummy is grumbling right now. You lied to them that you were full so they will let you off.

Upon walking inside the bakery, your nose smelled the fresh baked pastries. You quickly go the counter and ordered a baguette and a frappe. After paying and getting your order, you go out off the shop.  You took a bite of the baguette and drink some of your frappe while walking around the mall, searching for a bench to sit at. You were looking at the shops you were passing by when you bumped into someone and your baguette fell on the ground. You bite your tongue preventing to lose your temper because your only food was gone to waste.

“I’m really sorry, miss” the person who bumped into you said.

That voice. It was weirdly familiar. You swear you lways hear it. The voice was deep and a bit husky like his. You slowly looked up and see no other than Chanyeol. Your eyes widen. You didn’t expect to see him. You missed that eyes that looks at you dearly, that person who asked you to be his, that face, his curly hair that always move when he laughs,  you missed him. You were about to give him a hug and say sorry to him when you see that there’s a girl standing beside him. She looks pretty and you could say her body was better than you, owning a slender figure. Your heart ache, did he already replace me? Is this the reason why he hasn’t giving me calls or even visiting me? Thoughts ran through your mind. You didn’t know what to do at this moment whether to slap him or run away.

“Jae-Jaeri-ah?” Chanyeol stuttered.

“Oh hi Chanyeol” you paused and look at the woman then back at him, “Who’s this? Your girlfriend?” you forcedly smiled.

“No. She is my..ah..”

“C’mon don’t be shy, you look good together. Well have fun” You glared at Chanyeol before leaving them.

You briskly walked away from them. You heard him calling you but that did not stop you from walking, it only made you run. You want to run away from here. You thought this day would make you feel better but it was the opposite. You just saw him with another girl, what could get any worse than that? Aren’t you good enough for him? The idea made your knees weak. You stopped at the entrance of the mall and set your hands on your lap while trying to get some air. You grabbed your phone from your pants’ pocket and texted Sumin you are going home first. You looked back at the entrance door of the building, seeing there was no sign of Chanyeol you breathed a sigh of relief and started walking on the sidewalk.

Chanyeol said to the woman that he would text her later and he needed to go immediately. The girl nodded, signalling him she understood. He quickly bowed and run fastly to the direction where he saw her went, reaching the entrance door. He skidded to stop at the sidewalk, he looked on his right and left. Then there he caught you walking on the sidewalk and your hand made a contact with your face that it seems your wiping something off of your face.Is she crying? Chanyeol dashed towards you and turned you to him, making you face him. Shock can be seen in your face. You were sure you didn’t see him behind you. Chanyeol wiped away your tears and hugged you.

“I missed you so much Jaeri” he whispered to your ears.

You try to break free from his hug, “Yeah right, you are missing me while you are having another girl with you!”

Chanyeol tighten his hug so wouldn’t be able to get away, “It’s not what you think—“

“Then what is it!?”

“I’m just asking her how I could surprise you and say sorry to you  plus she’s just like a sister to me and she is getting married next week.”

At that moment you stopped struggling, you freezed at your spot. You can’t imagine how foolish you acted earlier accusing them that they were a couple. Seeing your state, Chanyeol grinned.

“Aww my jagiya is jealous” Chanyeol teased.

Coming back to your senses you shot him a look, “Shut up and don’t think I have already forgive you”

You began walking away but Chanyeol got a grip of your wrist before you could get away farther and made you look at him. He went closer to and lean, closing the gap between you and him. He gave you a short but a sweet kiss. You felt butterflies on your stomach and your cheeks heated up.

Chanyeol cupped your cheeks, “I’m sorry for hurting you the other day and only having the courage to say that to you today. Please forgive me, I’ll try to heal the pain I caused in your heart if you’ll let me, please forgive me?”

His sincerity in his voice made your heart flutter and make you want to say yes. You nodded and smiled at him.

“I also want to say sorry because I wasn’t able to control my temper and hurt you after what happened earlier. I’m such a fool” you bite your lip.

Chanyeol chuckled, “The pabo I will and always cherish” he pulled you by the waist.

“Aiya you’re so cheesy right now” You lightly hit his arm.

“But you like it” He teased.

You rolled your eyes attempting to hide your smile, “C’mon let’s go inside, it’s getting cold here”

You went inside the mall, holding each other’s hands  with smiles on your faces.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________