One

Half of My Heart

 

Sometimes, the world works in your favor. Sometimes, it doesn't. Right about now, it seemed the world was really trying to bring AJ down.
He was leaving for New York in just a few days and it seemed that his relationship with Kevin was just becoming more and more distant. Kevin was completely ignoring him. Like AJ was just... invisible.
AJ's feelings towards Kevin grew stronger each day. The more Kevin rejected AJ, the harder he would try to get Kevin to notice him. It was a never-ending cycle. Frankly, AJ was getting really tired of it.
The story behind this relationship was complicated. AJ started out only thinking of Kevin as a good friend. But it seemed that the closer AJ tried to get, the more distant him and Kevin actually became. Due to this rejection, AJ wondered why he even tried. That's when he found the answer: He had fallen in love with the cute, feminine main vocalist.
Now, with just a few days before he left, we wanted to make it right. He wanted to explain to Kevin how he felt.
 
AJ walked into the U-Kiss dorm after a long night of practising. He wondered why he still had to participate in practice when he wouldn't even be with them for 5 months. He didn't complain, though. Practice meant being wherever Kevin was.
Immediately, AJ's eyes followed Kevin as he walked towards a sofa and sat down. Kevin closed his eyes and smiled.
"I'm curious as to what being a 6 member group is like now. I mean, we've been 7 since Man Man Ha Ni. Well, not all of us." Kevin said mockingly.
AJ glanced at the ground then to Hoon who was slightly pouting.
"But we're great members, too, right? We're all really close." Hoon replied, his tone slightly hurt.
"Oh, Hoon, you know I love you!" Kevin got up and grabbed one of Hoon's hands.
"What about me?" AJ asked. The whole room froze and Kevin looked him.
"What about you?" Kevin retorted.
"Nevermind." AJ shook his head and walked towards his room.
 
Time went by and soon enough, it was time for AJ to leave. He was all ready to go to the airport when Kevin walked into his room.
"Hey, you ready?" Kevin asked as he looked around the room.
"Yep." AJ replied in a monotone. He was trying not to show much feeling towards Kevin. He was done trying at least for now.
Over the past few days, Kevin had rejected AJ's attempts at talking and spending time together. It was always the same. AJ would say something and Kevin would just look at him, smile like nothing happened and walk away. He was completely unfazed.
"So... we haven't talked in a while." Kevin said, the tension building in the room.
AJ was writing something at the moment but froze when Kevin said that.
"You always ignore me. I wonder whose fault that is." he replied.
Kevin glared at AJ shrugged, "Hey don't blame me. You're boring most of the time."
"I like to listen." AJ said and continued writing.
"What are you even writing?" Kevin asked.
"Why should I tell you, you'll probably insult it and leave."
"You shouldn't be so quick to judge."
"When I know you perfectly? I can judge you when I know your personality back and forth. I know exactly what you'd do." AJ said and Kevin growled.
"That's not very fair! I don't know anything about you!"
"Because you always ignore me."
Kevin clenched his fists in frustration and left the room, "I am so done with you, Jaeseop."
AJ chuckled a bit to himself and shook his head, "I'm not done with you, yet, Kevin."
 
AJ walked out of his room with his stuff. It was time for him to leave.
He hoped that New York would bring a fresh start for him. He always felt like a new person when he was in New York. It made him happy.
Kevin looked at him with a look of disgust and anger. AJ had guessed that Kevin would hold this grudge for a while even if it wasn't like him. Kevin always seemed to overreact with AJ.
"I guess I'll be on my way." AJ said. Soohyun and the rest nodded while Kevin sneered.
"Good riddance." he said.
"I love you, too, Kevin." AJ said and left the dorm. Kevin froze and felt something shift in his heart. Suddenly, he felt regretful. With that one line, Kevin felt like he'd made a mistake. With AJ out of the dorm, though, he felt it was too late to fix it.
 
A few days passed without AJ and Kevin felt empty. He woke up each morning and took a deep, painful sigh. Another day without AJ meant another day he wasn't able to apologize.
After a month, Kevin tweeted to him.
"Hey AJ, how are you doing?" he tweeted. He didn't hear back for a while.
"Fine." AJ finally replied. Kevin didn't reply after that. He felt like a nuisance. He felt like he'd hurt AJ. In fact, he knew he'd hurt AJ.
 
In New York, AJ was feeling a bit better. The fresh air cleared his mind of Kevin at least for a little while. He had come to his senses and realized the game he was playing with Kevin was pointless. Who needed Kevin when you were enjoying yourself in the artistic capital of America?
Time flew by fast for AJ. Before he knew it, three months had already passed.
He was kind of dreading going back, but he did miss the group. Kevin, on the other hand, he did not miss.
The fun was cut short when a storm was fast approaching the East coast. AJ didn't worry too much, but it was definitely something to be cautious about.
 
Kevin heard about the storm, as did the rest of the members. Kevin acted by tweeting to AJ once again, asking if he was alright.
"Hey, Kevin." Soohyun said one day when they were watching the news.
"Yeah, hyung?" Kevin replied and smiled.
"What if something bad happens to AJ?" he asked, "He left thinking you hated him."
Kevin sighed and shrugged, "I don't know, I thought he always thought that way."
"Yeah, but it's different now, Kevin." Soohyun's tone became a bit more persitent.
"How?" Kevin asked, puzzled.
"What if he dies?"
"He won't die, hyung. He's not even in the worst part of it." Kevin shook his head and rolled his eyes.
"But what if. Then he'd die thinking you hated him. And do you even know how he feels about you? You don't, do you." Soohyun slightly glared at Kevin then looked away, "He really likes you."
"I know he does."
"Then why don't you do something about it?" Soohyun raised his voice, "You know, I really worry about you two. You're kind of like my children. I know what you're doing to him. Let me tell you something, Kevin..." he paused.
"What." Kevin asked, not anticipating what was to come.
"You feel the same way. You like him, too. You ignore him because it's entertaining to you, right? But you always rethink and make up for it." Soohyun said.
Kevin was kind of taken aback by Soohyun's words. He felt it, he knew it was true. He really did like AJ.
"You've been treating him badly. You've got a lot to make up for." Soohyun lastly said then left the room.
Kevin sat and thought. He thought about all of the things he'd ever said to AJ and why. The reasons had escaped his mind. He really had no reason as to why he'd treated AJ this way.
 
In a second, Kevin pulled out his cell phone and dialed AJ's number. It rang a couple of times and went to voicemail.
"Please pick up, please." Kevin begged silently.
He tried again and AJ picked up the phone.
"Kevin, what are you doing? It's midnight here." AJ answered.
"Jaeseop! Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I'm horrible to you. I didn't want to do this over the phone or the internet, but I just couldn't do it anymore." Kevin replied quickly. He didn't even realize the tears slowly running down his cheeks.
"What? Kevin, what are you talking about?" AJ asked, starting to get worried.
"I love you, AJ." Kevin said. Silence came over the two as his words hung in the air, the only thing bridging the gap between their nearly 7,000 mile distance.
AJ smiled to himself and in that moment, he was truly happy.
"I finally won." he said.
"You won what?" Kevin asked, confused.
"Your heart." AJ replied.
Kevin grinned, wishing that AJ could see, "You've always had it."

 

was that short? Too short for how long it took me to finish it -w- eheh well it's up now! I liked it so I hope you do, too!