I'm Sorry for Being a Monster

We Belong Together || Oneshot Collection [DISCONTINUED]

 

“I’m a sweet talkin’ empty shell
Ring your warning bells, better hold your pillow tight

I’ll be the reason you can’t sleep at night

But I swear I’m not a monster
I didn’t mean to take it out on you
In desperate need of a doctor
Prescribe a cure for my current misuse
I guess I’ll wear a smile until then
And pretend that I’m ready for love”

“Monster” - Mitchell Grey

 

 

I’m a monster, but I swear I’m not.

 

 

Woo Jiho his breath in. Being there was almost painful, but he wasn’t about to let anyone know that. He winked at the girls stealing glances at him, causing them to burst into a fit of giggles. Behind his pile of books, he tapped is desk nervously. All the scents were driving him crazy. But it was her scent that drove him insane.

He couldn’t help what he was. He wasn’t even always this way: a blood er. A vampire. A creature of the night. He’d only had this “condition” for six years now. He was only just accepting the entire concept of drinking blood once a month during the full moon in order to survive; of course, he drank blood before then anyway, but it was difficult for him to not throw up. He’d been almost living off of human blood for six years now. He disgusted  himself. He wished he could change everything. He wished he didn’t get mixed up with that foreigner that “got lost”. He wished that “foreigner” didn’t make a mistake and accidentally turned him into a vampire amidst the partial draining of his blood. Jiho rubbed his forehead. He was exhausted. The full moon was tonight, which meant he was losing power, which meant he needed blood. At least only a little blood is necessary, he thought wearily. He rested his head in his arms.

The rest of the school day went by slowly. After school, he had to stay after to fulfill his cleaning duty alone because the other person in charge never showed up. The sky was getting darker as he walked home. His usually cheerful face was impassive and kept his hands in his pockets.

“Jiho-ssi, is that you?”

He whipped around. His eyes narrowed and his insides burned as her scent flooded his nostrils. He struggled to stay calm. She looked at him warily as his intense gaze seemed to stare right through her.

“Nana,” he said lowly. “What are you doing here?”

“I’m running an errand,” she replied slowly. She was carrying two plastic bags, one filled with food and the other with medicine and shampoo. “A-are you okay?”

He noted fear in her voice. No, she didn’t know what she was. Well, it was more like he made it so that she couldn’t remember what he was. But he couldn’t suppress her fear of him. He found it hard to focus as he stepped towards her.

“Do you need help?” he asked politely.

“No.” She shook her head. He noticed her hands were trembling. She probably had no idea why she feared him so. Well, he knew why.

Nana was his source of energy. She was the only one he desired. She was the only one who would ever experience the blood-crazed wrath of Woo Jiho. She would be drawn to him her entire life, but her blood would run cold at the sight of him and would most likely never know why. Unless he refrained from wiping her memory clean of each messy affair that involved his fangs and her neck. But he figured that this way was better for the two of them; he’d suffer alone and she’d painfully unaware of mystical bond between the two of them.

“Oh, well, be careful then.” He flashed a smile and turned to walk the other way. His vision cleared slightly and he smirked as he sensed inner conflict generating from her: she was torn between wanting to call him back and running away from him. Don’t worry, you’ll see me soon, he thought grimly.

 

 

Night fell. The night sky was clear, allowing the full moon to shine brightly. Clad in black and black only, he soon found himself standing outside of her house. He jumped almost effortlessly onto the balcony outside of her room. He placed his hand on the door handle and opened the door. She never locked her door during the full moon as if she knew he would come. Not that it would matter; Jiho could get inside even if the door was locked. Silently, he slipped into her room. It was just as clean as it was last month. He turned his head to see her in her bed asleep. As he approached her, she to her side. Her blankets were thrown around slightly, as if she had been sleeping restlessly. He sat on the edge of her bed and noticed small beads of sweat on her forehead. His eyebrows furrowed. Was she sick? He gently pressed his hands against her forehead. But as soon as he touched her, her eyes flew open and she sat up quickly.

Staring at each other, they both froze. Nana’s eyes were wide, but for once, he couldn’t tell what she was feeling. She was tense, but she wasn’t looking at him with fear, which was unusual. It’s not that he wanted her to look at him with fear, he just wasn’t used to not being looked at that way. He relaxed slightly and stood up. He leaned back with simple grace and tilted his head. She blinked and opened .

“Jiho-ssi,” she whispered. She paused before continuing. “I remember now.”

“Really?” he mused, smirking. On the inside, he was a mess. She remembers, he thought. Why does she remember? She’s not supposed to. I’ve been taking her blood for six years, and she’s never remembered. I’ve always been successful in suppressing her memory. Is she going to scream? “What is it that you remember?”

“I know why you’re here,” she answered, almost inaudibly. She gripped her blankets. “You’ve been coming here for six years, right?”

She looked at him with probing eyes. He nodded slowly. She inhaled and exhaled deeply. He straightened up, only to be struck with a dizzy spell. He fell forward and landed on her bed. He lifted his heavy head and blinked slowly. Her scent was becoming too strong. He hated that things were this way, but he needed her blood now. She crawled back a little as he glared at her. His fangs elongated and he hissed softly. She gulped, but did not move. Steadily losing control of himself, he grabbed her arm and tugged her towards him.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered.

He sunk his teeth into her neck. Her gasp turned into a silent scream and she grasped his arms. Her body grew heavier and she slumped forward as he continued to drink her blood. He stopped as soon as she was resting her head on his shoulder. He wiped his mouth, torn between guilt and satisfaction. He enveloped her weak body in his arms and held her close.

“I’m sorry,” he repeated weakly, hugging her tight. He held his breath as she hugged him back.

“I know,” she replied quietly before passing out. All her weight was being pushed onto his left side, but he didn’t mind.

When a vampire takes blood from a human, he has bonded with that human for life. The human is picked based on the scent of their blood. But Jiho doesn’t believe that. He’s loved Nana since they were children; he picked Nana because he wanted to be with her forever.

“I’m sorry that you’re stuck with a monster. I’ll try harder to not act like one."

 

 


 

[ The Author's Ambiguous Corner ]

Yo. 
So here's the second oneshot~ orz it's short I'm sorry
@lalapoppy for requesting this
I normally don't like vampires, but if it's for Zico, it's okay <3
Thank you, thank you for reading and subscribing!!
Btw

Mitchell Grey's "Monster"
Go love it as much as I do~

11/18/12 ; November 18, 2012