Changes

The Struggles of Adjustments

 

Taemin sighs.

It's almost been three months since the disbandment of SHINee. After fifteen years in the business, the five of them decided amongst themselves that fifteen years were as far as they can go.

Three months later, however, Taemin is still adjusting. In the back of his mind, he still thinks he has a hectic schedule to follow daily; he still wonders how much sleep he'll be getting that night. Until it hits him that there's no more schedule to follow. He has all the freedom in the world.

Taemin isn't sure if he's ready for that, he realizes.

He's not sure if he's ready to be obligation-free; not sure if he's ready to wake up everyday and not have any plans to follow accordingly. But most of all, he's most definitely not sure if he can get used to not being surrounded by his hyungs who gave him – still gives him unconditional love, care and support.

"Taemin-ah, where do you want me to put these boxes? They have your name written on them." Minho's voice interrupts Taemin's thoughts and Taemin's eyes suddenly form shapes of crescents as a smile slowly makes its way on his face.

"Ah, just put them in the living room for now, hyung. I'll get to them later. I still don't know how I want to set up this house."

Minho chuckles. "Alright. But hey, don't talk as if you're the only one who can decide how this house should be set up. If you haven't forgotten already, this is my house too."

"How can I forget that I'm pretty much stuck with you for the rest of eternity?" Taemin jokes as he makes eye-contact with a grinning Minho.

"Uh, excuse me, Mr. I-Want-To-Be-With-Minho-Hyung-Forever, but remind me again who suggested that we move in together one year after SHINee's debut?" Minho retorts back as he fakes a gasp at Taemin's question.

Taemin's smile turns into a grin as he recalls his sixteen-year-old self having the said conversation with his Minho hyung. Suddenly, he is being enveloped by two strong arms, his back pressing against Minho's muscly chest.

"Admit it, Tae. Deciding to live with me is the best decision you will ever make." Minho whispers in his ears cockily, a light breath of laugher slipping between his lips and touching the shell of Taemin's ear comfortingly.

"Actually, hyung, you're wrong. Deciding to become a singer was the best decision I have made and will ever make because thanks to that decision of mine, I ended up in SHINee and meeting the four bestest hyungs I could ever ask for. And if it weren't for that decision, I never would have met the person who makes me feel so complete and understands me completely." Taemin turns around to face Minho, smile still on his face as he circles his arms around the taller man's neck. "If I didn't make that decision, there would be no Minho hyung. There would be no 2min. There would be no us, which is what I treasure the most."

Minho does nothing but smile back at Taemin; at the most precious thing in his life that he never ever plans to let go.

Suddenly, Minho pulls Taemin a little to rid of the little space they had between them, cradling him in his arms as if Taemin was the most delicate thing in the world.

"I love you," he whispers into the younger's ears, pecking it lightly. He feels Taemin smile against his neck as his precious nuzzles his face into the crook of his neck.

"I know," Taemin giggles.

"Hey, that wasn't the reply I wanted."

Taemin sighs happily, "I love you too, Hyung."

 

Maybe Taemin won't have to adjust too much, after all.

 

 

A/N: First of all, I'd like to make it clear that I do not wish for SHINee to disband any time soon. They've become too big a part of my life for me to desire such a thing. This is just a scenario I have imagined in my head in the past. 
As usual, I didn't read over this so you may or may not have found careless typos, mistakes and/or grammar errors within this fic, lol. So please, just excuse them if you found any.
I've been trying to think of ideas that are a bit different from what I — and I'm sure all of you — usually read when it comes to fanfics, but sadly I'm not one to be very creative so I apologize for my cliché plots and slow updates. I don't want to update regularly if all I'll be giving you all is something you've been given before by someone else.
But yeah, thank you all for reading. Thank you in advance to those who will comment (if there are any) and to those who will read but will choose to stay silent ^^;

Until my next fic!
- Miyeon