Final.

Our Secret

 

          Sungjong entered the school grounds early, too early that the school janitor was behind a few meters him. Sungjong always arrive school at this time; he was never fond of crowds and never wants conflicts between students.

          Sungjong sat at his usual sit and rested his head on the desk. He was tired, a student who would cram on nights because of assignments and whatnots and still wake up very early in the morning was not healthy. Sungjong needs a rest and that’s why the boy’s eyes fluttered close and his mind drifted to somewhere else.

 

--

 

          The room got crowded every passing minute but the tired Lee Sungjong couldn’t be bothered. The bell rings, a sign that the classes are about to start but still Sungjong’s eyes were still closed and head on the desk. Teachers come and go in their classroom, either they didn’t see Sungjong or didn’t mind him nonetheless, his sleep is peaceful.

          His rest ended when a loud striking sound was heard and this made Sungjong jump at his seat and force his eyes open looking directly at his teacher. His teacher’s eyes were already small but now his eyes are squinted, looking at Sungjong judgmentally with and ugly scowl at his lips.

           Sungjong was pissed and enrage, this is the only hours that he could cope up with his sleeps and was disrupted by a teacher. ‘Teachers shouldn’t mind if the students would pass or not’ Sungjong thought and rolling his eyes in his head.

 

          “Yah! Lee Sungjong! Why are you sleeping at my class!?” the teacher glared on Sungjong as if it would bore holes on him.

          Sungjong kept his mouth shut but he also glared back. The glaring was intense but no one wanted to give in. their eyes were filled with tears but no one wanted to end throwing daggers with their eyes. It was fortunate for them when the buzzer had interrupted them.

          “Detention for you Mr. Lee, see me on dismissal” his teacher had said to him with a tone of bossiness.

          “Whatever you say Mr. Kim Sunggyu” Sungjong replied back with his tone of none-existent-care. Both have locked eyes, one with tired and dopey eyes, and the other with fierce judging eyes. Sungjong gave him a last look and rolled his eyes as he slung his bag and rushed out of the room to the cafeteria.

 

--

 

          The hungry mob had made a long waiting line. It was fortunate enough that his good friend Kim Myungsoo had already got both of their lunches. Both of them had sat on a table beside the glass windows. Both of them were munching in delight as they fill their empty stomach with fuel.

          As both of them eating, two teachers had passed outside the glass window; Mr. Nam Woohyun and Mr. Kim Sunggyu. Sungjong had seen them walking side by side; Mr. Nam helping Mr. Kim with the heavy load in his arms, and smiling, laughing at their own puns and jokes. The sight of Mr. Kim made Sungjong angry and lost his appetite. Sungjong had excused himself from Myungsoo but his friend was too worried for him that he accompanied Sungjong and watched him closely.

 

          “Wait for me Jongie!” Myungsoo said as he strode to Sungjong. “What is wrong with you?” he asked Sungjong inching closer looking maybe something is wrong.

         “Nothing to worry hyung.” Sungjong informed as a small smile appeared on his lips.

          “You sure?” Myungsoo insisted and placed his palm on Sungjong’s forehead feeling if Sungjong had a fever. When he felt nothing, he places his hand on Sungjong’s head and messed with his hair.

          “I said I’m fine hyung.” Singjong said chuckling.”Hyung! Stop it! I’ve spent a lot of time to tame down my hair” Sungjong added as he chuckled and pouted.

          “You worry me a lot Jongie.” Myungsoo had said seriously as he cups Sungjong’s face. Both had stared each other, frozen on the spot looking in eyes seeing care inside of them. Both were undisturbed until they heard a loud bang like a big load felt, and this made both jump away from each other and face where the sound came from.

 

            Mr. Kim crouched down on the floor picking up papers that were scattered on the floor and Mr. Nam placing the things that he was carrying carefully and started helping Mr. Kim. Mr. Kim muttered a small ‘sorry’ as he lifted his gaze and looked at the two students; Sungjong and Myungsoo with an emotion in his eyes that screamed pain. Mr. Nam had chuckled and said something like ‘its ok’. Sungjong and Myungsoo was caught-off guard that they’ve been staring at their teachers frozenly. In mere seconds though Sungjong had bowed, perfectly 90 degreed and uttered a ‘we’re sorry’ with his breathy soft voice that both of the teachers had looked up but to find out that the person who have spoke turned his back away and left his companion standing there confused but seconds later he followed Sungjong.

 

--

 

          The day ended with flying monochrome, it was the same thing he do every day. How he wanted to be like the other kids that are jumpy as the buzzer had rung but he can’t, this thing became plain, and just maybe many emotion had swim in his chest but happiness, joy, cheeriness and some same things were neither of the feels he got.

          Sungjong stood up from his seat when the room emptied. He walked at a steady pace out of the establishment; he didn’t care if he had errands undone, items left, or punishment ditched. He just wanted to go home and take away the glum out of his system.

 

          He entered the house quietly and took his shoes of soundless as possible. Sungjong was about to walk to the kitchen when he heard a very familiar voice talking through the phone.

          “Yes Noona, he is doing fine, no need to worry!” “’I’ll tell him that you called” “Bye Noona”. The voice said, by the end of the phone call, Sungjong had entered the kitchen.

          “Jongie you’re here! Your mother had called few seconds ago” He addressed Sungjong with a gleeful approach but Sungjong knew him too well. The man came closer to Sungjong, the man was about to take Sungjong’s hand but Sungjong had hid his hand at his back.

 

          “I told you not to be with him, Uncle” Sungjong sent the man a glare full of sharp daggers also not forgetting to emphasize the word uncle.

          The man had laugh quietly and took a step closer to Sungjong.  “Yah! What did you call me Lee Sungjong?” his uncle had acted as if he was angry and place his hands on Sungjong’s shoulder “Why Jongie? Why? What is the problem being with Woohyun? Are you jealous?” the older had teased Sungjong which caused the younger to turn away.

          There was a short pause then Sungjong muttered something, something that only the two of them could hear. “Yes, I’m jealous…very” the words were coated with jealousy, sorrow, and embarrassment.

          Sungjong was engulfed into s big hug, a comfortable silence had taken place and the feelings inside him is about to burst. He faced the man and looked at his uncle’s eyes. Eyes small focusing on Sungjong’s face, lips were on a frown from the worry of Sungjong.

          “Hyung” Sungjong uttered and buried his face on his so called hyung’s chest. It was silent at first then small sobs were heard, and soon muffled cries were heard. His hyung had only caressed his head lovingly to soothe Sungjong’s pain, it made Sungjong‘s cries quiet down.

          Sungjong’s hyung had cupped Sungjong’s face and met his eyes. “Sungjong, you know that you’re the one I only love right?” his hyung had said but Sungjong just replied him with silence. His hyung sighed “You know I was also jealous” he uttered the word with pain on it. “I saw you with Myungsoo…he cupped your face like he was about to kiss you” his hyung said as his face contorted at the memory.

          “Myungsoo is my best friend; he is supposed to worry about me.” Sungjong answers back.

          “Woohyun is my colleague, it’s normal for him to help Me.” his hyung replied raising his eye brow.

          “But Mr. Nam likes you.” Sungjong whined and the older just chuckled.

          “And Myungsoo doesn’t like you?” he questioned Sungjong.

          “No he doesn’t, he likes this girl in math class.” Sungjong pouted as he defended his relationship with his best friend.

 

          Silence again filled the air but it was left unheard for they both talked with their eyes.

 

          “You already know that I love you right Jongie?” the older had asked.

          “Hmm..” Sungjong hummed. “I love you too.” He added.

 

          Sungjong buried his head on his hyung’s chest one ear pressed against it, listening to his hyung’s steady heartbeats made him feel at ease. He felt very comfortable on it that he doesn’t want to be apart from it but he raised his head and looked at his hyung.

 

          “When will we tell them?” Sungjong asked tilting his head a bit on the side. The other was stiff when Sungjong had mentioned it.

          “I don’t know Jongie” He replied back with weariness. He really don’t know how to tell it to them, to tell Sungjong’s bestfriend that Sungjong is gay, telling Mr. Nam Woohyun that he is having a relationship with his student and breaking it in his sister, Sungjong’s Mother that Sungjong and his uncle is having a romantic relationship.

          “I don’t know Jongie” he murmured as he Sungjong’s hair and smelt it. it was awkward of them when one of them brings the topic up. It would always lead to silence like this it was awkward and with a hint of something they both aren’t sure about.

          It was Sungjong who broke it.

 

          “Whatever happens, I will still love you Sunggyu Hyung” Sungjong said and went back again, pressing his head on Sunggyu’s chest on the other hand, Sunggyu was smiling, eyes curve into a thin line gazing on his beloved lover.

 

 


[A/N:Well it wasn't supposed to have bitter sweet ending but..can't do anything about it..]