Crash

Confession

 

Our math teacher left for an important meeting leaving us a mount load of seat works not caring if we could finish it or not. The students started to groan but as a good student that I am, I quickly took my notebook and copy the questions first before answering it. The questions were not that hard but taking down all of this would surely take time so does answering all of it, all I was worried about is if I could finish all of it before the buzzer rings.

I was so engrossed in answering each question properly that now my notebook seems to be a page of scribbles except for the clean boxed answer (I swear to god that our math teacher doesn’t even care for the solution, all he care is the answers -_-). I got so into answering the problems that I even forgot that I could use a calculator now since the teacher was not around but that thought never crossed any time.

 

My concentration was full on answering the questions that the sudden shaking on my shoulder made me irritated. I raise my gaze and saw Myungsoo hyung at my side grinning at me.

“Sungjongie! I’ll copy your answers after you finish it, neh? He asked but it was more of a statement than a question. I was annoyed that he would just copy my hard work; I wanted to snap on him how I tried very hard solving each question that would make my brain malfunction any moment now but I could not do that since I am one of the youngest in class and snapping on hyungs and noonas would be disrespectful.

“Hyung~ I worked hard on this~ how about teaching it to you then?” I whined, that is the only way to reject them not being too disrespectful.

“Okay then Sungjongie!” he said cheerfully as he took off and back a few seconds with his notebook on his hand.

 

--

 

“So you change the sign to positive since negative times negative turns into positive then, add the like terms together then, transpose this to the other side and divide them...” I instructed him step by step.

“So that the answer to x is…?”

“X is -6.” he said with an unsure tone.

He looked at me hoping his answer is correct and I gave Myungsoo hyung a grin that made him hug me. I pushed him away playfully and asked another question.

“and y is…?”

“Two!” he said joyfully as he held a two with his fingers.

“You know Myung Hyung, you look like a kid who got the toy he wanted from the toy store.” I chuckled at my hyung’s antics.

“Thank you very much Sungjongie! Now I don’t need to our Math teacher’s confusing and long explanation about this.” He said with gratitude on his voice and sincerity on his eyes. I only gave his a smile and we proceeded answering the problems.

 

We did our own works individually but still beside each other. The place seems quieter like we both are on our own world. All I could hear at the moment are pens hitting the papers and occasionally, scribble sounds would be heard, a muttering of few unnoticed and coherent words now and then and our own breaths are the things that occupying our small quite world.

My mind was more lax, I am now not on the rush finishing answering but what I wanted right now is savoring this rare moment. A smile is plastered on my face as I solve the questions this time slowly but surely.

 

My focus once again was disrupted by the same person, calling my name under his breath that maybe only I could hear. I looked faced him, confusion was clearly portrayed on my face and the confusion added more when I saw hyung’s serious face. I tilt my head to the side and asked in a small voice “what is it?”

a short pause it may seem but to me, it was long, very long, long enough that made me make multiple events on my mind what would happen next. My train of thoughts was cut when he opened his mouth to make his statement.

 

“Uhmm… You know Sungjong-ah… “He trailed off as he scratches his nape. He lowers his gaze and mumbles something.

 

“What?” I asked.

 

“You are very pretty.” He looked through my eyes and said the words nonchalantly with a smile after. My brain seems to process things slower this time since none of the imagined outcome came right and this was rather awkwardly unexpected.

 

“You are also smart.” He told me with mirth in his voice and eyes. Those words were added on the query of unprocessed thoughts.

 

“And very caring too.” He whispered as he lowers his head maybe in embarrassment. This time his words pushed everything to make the processing faster resulting to a blushing face.

 

I was about to open my mouth to answer his confession (?) but his next movement stopped me. He holds my hand and looked straight to my eyes with an unknown emotion.

 

“I wish you were a girl.” his smile faded as he stands up to leave and so does the barrier that that kept us in our own world. It didn’t just faded but rather it was crashed.

 

I just smiled fakely at him but at that moment all I could think is how I hate those kinds of confessions.

 

 

 

 


(A/N: Yeah, I really hate those kinds of confessions especially when a girl confesses like this to me. They're like you're smart, caring, good looking, etc., but you're too feminine, pretty, more ier than I am, etc. I mean come on -_-, so annoying!! And this applies to boys too.) Sorry for my rant DX