Final

You Nerd, I Love You [One-Shot]

 

There's this boy in our school. They call him a nerd. They do because he's always doing his work, doesn't socialize and mostly because he's always wearing this thick black glasses.

He's quiet. People don't talk to him except t when they need help on their work. Some would ask him if they could burrow his stuff. He would but then they will never give them back. My friend Jin Ae or Jinnie was one of them.

I have to admit. I pity him.

He's always wearing his glasses. He's always quiet and no one would talk to him. I mean, is he this boring to talk to? Is he this quiet at hime?

I wonder. NOT that I care of.

Park Kyung.

Park Kyung, That nerd is really unexplainable.

---

So here I am. Walking towards my friend Jiyoon. "Hey!" She waved. I smiled and waved back. She was sitting with her other friends. I'm not that close to them but I like hanging out with them. They're not that bad.

"Truth or dare?" Jin Won oppa asks as soon as I sat down. I shrugged. "Beats me," I said and took a bite of my sandwhich. I noticed his stare so I turned to him. "Wae? Do I have something on my face?" I panicked and put my sandwhich down and started to feel my cheeks if there was anything on me. He shook his head. "You're really funny," He chuckled. I shot him a look then went back to eating.

"okay. So, truth or dare?" He asked again. I glanced at him then the others. They had evil looking smiles on their faces. I furrowed my brows. *Something's suspicious* "What are you guys up to?" I asked putting my sandwhich again. I saw Jiyoon smirking. "Just choose one," Hyunseok Oppa mumbled. I tapped my chin as I thought about it. "Um...How about tru--" "Dare! She chooses dare!" Jinnie blurted out.
I looked at her in disbelief. "What!? No I di--" I was cut off when Hyunseok Oppa said something unexpected.

"I dare you to go over to that nerd..." He pointed to where Kyung was sitting, "And talk to him." My jaw dropped open. "Aigoo, Look at her. She must be realy happy," Yoonhae cooed and pinched my cheeks. "Yah!" I slapped her hands away and rubbed my cheeks. She snickered. I rolled my eyes.
"Now go. I dared you already," He said. I shook my head and didn't move. "No. I'm not going. Jinnie can go since she was the one who chose it," I firmly said. "That's because you took too long to answer," He muttered. I scoff. "Yah! I was about to answer when she blurted out," I said in a matter-of-fact.

"You have to. It's a dare," Jinne said. I scowled at her. "I don't want to. He's a nerd," I muttered under my breath. I saw Hyunseok smirking. "Go or I'll dare you. Much worser then this one," He smiled evilly. I made a face. "Fine. I'll go but you're paying for this," I glared at Jin Ae. She giggled. "Now go," Yoonhae pushed me out of my seat.

I stumbled on my feet as I walked over to him. He was sitting alone as if he didn't care about anything that was happening around him.

I awkwardly sat down next to him. "H-Hi. I'm Y-Yumi. Kim Yumi," I stuck out my hand. I was expexcting him to take my hand and shake it but instead he looked at me with a  does-it-look-like-I-care face. I put my hand down on my side. "N-Nevermind.." I mumbled. He then turned back to his work.

I took a peek and he was working on math. *Psh math. I at it* "Ahem, do you mind?" He looked up at me with his glasses. "N-Ne?" "Can you leave? I can't concentrate," He said and turned back to his work. "Sheesh. Don't need to be rude," I muttered under my breath and stood up. "Well, bye. It was um...Nice to...Um...Meet you, I guess," I mumbled and walked back to my table.

"How'd it go?" Jin Won Oppa asked. My teeth gritted. "I'll give you all five seconds," He looked at me confuse. "Five.....Four....." "Run! Hurry! She's going to eat us alive!" Hyunseok shouted and started to drag Jin Won with him.
"Three! Two! One! Jin Ae, I'm going to kill you first!" I shouted angrily and ran after them.

---

I sighed and lie down on my bed. "Now I know why people don't talk to him," I muttered. My phone ranged so I answered it. "Yeobsaeyo?" "Yumi! So tell me what happened?" She squealed. I raised a brow. *Why in the world would she do that?* "Oh now you're all nice and stuff," I said in a sarcastic tone. "Just tell me the details," She excitedly said. *Why the hell is she excited?* "So come on! Tell me about that you know...nerd," she said and I could clearly picture her pouting.
I scoff. "Are you kidding me! He was rude as hell! He wouldn't even shake my hand!" I exclaimed. "Oh," She was all she said. She sounded....Disappointed. I shrugged it off and said,"I swear if any of you dare me again, I'm going to kill you. Any of you!" I muttered. I heard her laugh. "Arasso. Well, bye. I'm going to eat dinner," She said and hung up. It seems like she was in a hurry or something. I yawned. "Ugh. So tired," I shut my eyes closed and fell asleep.

It was twelve in the afternoon on a Saturday. I walked to the park since Jiyoon said that they would be meeting here so I left. Today I'm wearing a white short with a cute hello kitty shoulder shirt that Jiyoon had bought for me on my sixteenth birthday. Sweet sixteen. Most teens are happy about turning sixteen. Like forreal. What's so special about being sixteen? That question is always in my head.

Anyways when I got there, there wasn't anyone there but random people. I took my phone out and dialed Jiyoon's number. She answered, "Hello?" "Where are you guys?" I asked. "Oh sorry! I forgot to tell you that Hyunseok Oppa canceled it," she said apologetically. I grumbled to myself. "I-Its fine.." I said and hung up. I put my phone in the back of my short pocket and sighed. "Are they playing games with me?" I asked myself outloud.

"They're really some jokers," I muttered and turned back but then someone called my name. I ignored it until he called my name again. I clenched my hand into tight fists then turned around swiftly. "WHAT!" I shouted.
"Woah, Woah. Didn't mean to get you mad," He said. My eyes widened and pointed at him. "Y..You. N-Nerd..P..Park K-Kyung!" He blinked. "Yes?" My jaw dropped open. *How is this even possible!? He looks different!* He was wearing a white with black striped zebra looking sweater with a black shirt under. A black jean. Which I supposed is a skinny jean [Like every or some KPOP idols would wear] with a silver chain hanging on the side and a pair of white high tops. *He looks...HOT!* (A/N: If you're wondering what clothes. Go check their Nalina MV. You'l know. xD)
"Yumi?" He waved his hands in front of me causing me to snap out of my thoughts. "E-Eh?" He chuckled and I blushed in embarrassment. "What are you doing here?" He asked. "T-To meet my friends," I said. He raised a brow. "And...Where are they?" He looked over my shoulder. "Th-They're not here, actually..They canceled it," I mumbled. "Ah.." He nodded. "What about you?" I asked him. "My friends," He smiled. My heart skipped a beat. *He has friends!?* "Come on, I'll take you to them and...meet them," He grabbed my hand and dragged me.

"Hey guys!" He called to his friends in english. I melted by his fluent english. *Wow he even knows how to speak english!* I silently squeal. *Yumi! What is wrong with you!* I scolded myself. His groups of friends ran towards us. "Hyung!" a deep voice called. I blinked at the voice. I heard him chuckle. "That's our maknae, P.O.," He said. I nodded.

Before were his friends. They were all wearing clothes that were stunning as his. "H-Hi.." I gave them a small wave. They smiled. I blushed. *They're smiles~* I dreamily thought. "Introduce yourself," Kyung said. a guy with glasses was the first one to take a step towards me. "I'm taeil," He took my hand into his and shook it. I could feel my cheeks buring. "I'm Hyo," He held out his hand and I took it and shook his hand. "I'm B-BOMB," a guy that kind of look like Hyo said. "I'm Zico, The leader," a blonde hair guy smiled. I nodded and looked at the last two person. He had his hair up into a moehawk and the other was taller. "I'm U-KWON," The guys with the moehwak smirked at me. I raised a brow. "And I'm P.O. The maknae," His voice was deep.

"We call ourselves Block B or Block Buster," Zico said. "Block what?" I tilted my head to the side. "Block B," He repeated. My mouth turned into an 'O' shape and turned to Kyung with a confuse look. "What?" He asked. I looked at him from head to toe. "How come you..." I pointed at him and made hand gestured going up and down as I examined him. Well...More like checking him out. To be honest.
"Don't look like this at school?" I finished my sentence. He shrugged. "I don't know," He scratched his head. I puffed my cheeks out. "You're really...Eccentric," I mumbled and he shrugged.

And that's how I know them. Kyung and his friends who they call themselves, Block B.

---

Monday came by fast. On my way to class I saw him back to his nerdy self again. "Kyung!" I shouted his name across the hall. He turned and looked at my direction. I waved an smiled at him. He fixed his glasses then waved back to me. I chuckled. *How cute* "Bye!" I called. He nodded and walked inside his class. I, too went to class.

As days, months, and time went by, we both were getting closer. Our friendship was growing each day until when I noticed something strange. Whenever I see him, I'd smile. seeing him makes me happy. When I'm around him I would get nervous and whenever he flashes me a smile, my heart would skip a beat. If I get close to him my heart would beat faster then it's normal rate.

That's when I noticed my feelings for him. I wanted to confess to him but I was too afraid and I didn't want to at the same time.

It's already been six month since we became friends. I never told anyone. Not even my friends. At school we both would be very distant from eachother. The only time that I could see him was during passing time or chemistry class. Wo both would wave at eachother then walk inside the class as if we don't know one another.

I decided to confess to him today but he didn't come to school. I wonder why. Usually he comes without missing a day but today was his first. "Park Kyung," The teacher called his name. Students started to whisper. "This is his first time missing school," a girl behind me whispered. "Hm. That's strange. He don't usually miss any days," The teacher mumbled and went back to calling other student's names.

Lunch came. "Hey," I glumly said and sat down. "What's wrong? Are you sick?" Jinnie asked. I shook my head. "Aniya, it's nothing," I gave them a smile. "You sure?" Jin Won Oppa asked. I nodded. "I'm sure. So what's up?" I said as I tried to lighten up the mood. I wasn't in the mood but I tried to smile as much as I could. But it's just too hard. Without him here makes me unhappy. It feels different without him.

Jiyoon was taking now but I didn't listen. My mind was occupied by him. His smile that makes my heart flutter. His laugh that would sow his gums. His scent and those mesmerizing eyes of his that I could get lost into if I look at him. Everything about him.

I sighed. *Where are you Kyung?* The question kept repeating it's self. "Something's wrong. Tell us?" Yoonhae said. I shook my head. "Nothing Unnie," I murmured and picked up my spoon and started to dig in my mash potatoes, deeply in thoughts. "So have you guys heard? That the nerd is going to america?" Jiyoon said. Her voice seemed happy and chirpy. *Nerd? Kyung?!* I looked at her with round eyes. "You mean...Kyung?" I asked and she nodded. "I overheard him talking it to the principal," she shrugged. I panicked. "When? After the exams? Holidays?" I asked. They all looked at me surprised and shock. "When did you start to care? You would always ignore the topic when we talk about him," Jiyoon pointed out. *That was before. This is different* "I'm just...wondering," I lied. They sighed in relief. "God. I thought you like him or something," she snorted. I rolled my eyes, gettiing impatient. "So when?" I asked again. "I heard him say--" "Just say it already!" I snapped. I saw her smirking. "I overheard him say that hes leaving around twelve thrity," She said. That's when I ran off. "Yah! Where are you going?" Yoonhae called from afar. *I'm going to stop him from leaving* "Somewhere!" I shouted.

By the time I got to the airport it was already twelve-twenty five. "Curse you, you slow taxi driver," I cursed under my breath.I ran around searching for him. *Come on Yumi. You have to find him before it's too late* I told myself. I glanced down at my phone in my hand. "Three minutes left," I whispered. "Kyung! Kyung-ah!" I called.
People gave me weird looks but I didn't care. I was in too much thoughts about him leaving me. At the corner of my eye I saw his friends. "Guys!" I shouted. They stopped laughing and looked at my direction. "Yumi!" I heard Taeil's voice. I ran over to him. "W-Where is he? Tell me, now!" I demanded, almost into tears. "He's walking to the gates now," B-BOMB said. I sped off towards the gates. "Don't go...Don't leave me.." I whispered.

"Kyung!" I called but I didn't see him anywhere. I watched as each person left until there was no one. Tears started to well up my eyes. I blinked and tears rolled down my cheeks uncontrollably. "Kyung-ah..." I whispered his name one last time. *I guess this is the end* I sadly thought and turned around.

Before I could walk another step someone called my name. A familiar voice. "Kyung," His name slipped out of my mouth. I turned around and saw him, standing right before me with his luggage on the ground beside him. More tears streamed down my cheeks. "Kyung!" I cried and ran to him, wrapping my arms around his waist.

He stiffened. "Yumi-ah," He whispered my name that would always make my stomach get butterflies. His voice was soft and gentle. "You can't leave me...You can't.." I sobbed. He pulled me away and I looked at him with blurry eyes. "Why?" He asked. "Because I love you, you nerd!" I yelled. He tried to speak but I cut him off. "Don't you hear me? I said I love you! I love you, kyung. I really do," I whispered and covered my face as I cried. "Yumi, I--" Anger was growing inside me. "You can leave! Just leave if you want! I don't care anymore!" I screamed and walked away from him. *Confess. How pathetic of me*

"Yumi! Wait!" He shouted but I didn't. I just kept on walking. Just then I felt a pair of arms around my waist. "Let go," I said. My voice shaky as my ips trembled. He shook his head. "Do you? Do you really want me to leave that bad?" He mumbled. I didn't bother to answer him. He placed his chin on my left shoulder. "I won't leave you. Not even if you want me to," He whispered in his husky voice. I then turned around and tiptoed then crashed my lips on his as tears of joy ran down my cheeks. His lips were as soft like I had imagined. The kiss was like melody. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he pulled me closer to him.

A few seconds later he pull away. "Do you want me to leave, now?" He asked. I found myself giggling. "No," I mumbled. He smiled softly at me with his warm, gentle eyes. "I won't. Ever," He whispered and leaned his forehead against mine. "You nerd, I love you." He chuckled. "I love you, too."

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm finish with this story! LOL.
I was thinking about making a 'His Side' of the story. I'm not sure yet.
So, I want to know who wants me to make it? Just asking. ^^
Thanks for reading!