Caramel Macchiato and Cafe Latte

Caramel Macchiato and Cafe Latte

 

A/N Do you know Urban Zakapa, Cafe Latte? lol that is my inspiration. You might want to hear it. It soothes me and calms me a lot :)


 

It is raining heavily. As the lightning shoot its bullet, hitting right toward the ground, flashing a bright white light in a split seconds, the pedestrians jump around avoiding the small pool of water and walking around trying to find some shelter to hide under.

Daehyun glanced behind his paper cup, looking through the clouding glasses inside the café. He hisses at the bitterness of his Café Latte, still taking a few sips ignoring the hot puff that comes out of it. Placing the cup back on the small table, the Busan guy smiles at the rare opportunity he finally has. Classes that finished early, a cup of hot coffee and a heavy rain such a perfect combination for him. The small table he has occupied and his seat also can be included in that perfect list combination of his. Taking a glimpse through his watch, he suddenly remembers one last thing he needs in order to make his list perfect. Like totally perfect.

Youngjae. 

“Damn where is he..” Unknowingly, he mutters under his breath.

Daehyun glances around again. His position at the right corner of the room makes it easier for him to watch who is coming toward that front door. He also likes how the place he is now taking gives him the privacy he needed. In a matter of second, the Busan guy feels bored, fishing his smartphone out. No new messages. No miss calls and he doesn’t even get the reply from what he just sent earlier.

“This bastard. He didn’t even reply me..”

Daehyun hates now that he finally finished class early, gets the seat and the small table and the coffee and it is also damn raining outside, with that dark and calm surrounding and his coffee again but he is lonely, with no Youngjae around tackling him or making fun of him. If all these times, when the two boys got their classes full till 6 or 7 pm, they can only manage to buy the coffees and drink it while waiting for the subway, he wishes this time it would be different. One different would do it enough for him.

For how many times now, he checks on his smartphone. Looking at the time although it has been thousand times he glimpses on his wrist watch. Taking another sips, the Busan guy sighs, staring through the glass. His eyes fix on the small drops of rain falling and hitting the edge of the window glass, making a very calm and comfortable sound. Without him knowing, he seriously loves it. Reflectively, he pulls out his earphone from the side of his bag, plugged in, searching through the playlist and smiles as he found the one he has been searching for. Gently, he brushes against the function ‘play’, closing his eyes, leaning back and drowning in the peaceful feelings.

The Busan guy wakes up to the sight of a doe eyes staring softly at him. His brain still can’t register the blurry faces or that one face until the voice clears him out.

“Daehyun-ah, have you been here long?”

So, he sits up properly to find Youngjae sitting right opposite him with his own coffee on the small table. Beside the paper cup is the younger’s bag pack and some stack of papers neatly placed on it. Daehyun concludes that the younger just got back from his class. His coffee still has the hot puff coming out from it so he might be right.

“Long enough.” He answers.

He looks at how Youngjae sighs before taking the cup of coffee between his palms, trying to absorb the heat coming from the small surface. Suddenly, he feels bad for making the younger came rushing from his class. It must be really damn cold outside with the rains and heavy storms. Still with the analysis of his on the younger, Daehyun could see there are some stains of droplets of water on his shoulders and his head. It also must have hit Youngjae’s face because his eyelashes seem so unknowingly beautiful in that condition. He is beautiful, in Daehyun’s opinion.

“Sorry I didn’t reply your text. Credit shortage.”

Youngjae looks at him from behind those eyelashes, and Daehyun somehow couldn’t stop his stomach from grumbling and dancing around. The younger gets back down, staring at his cup of coffee, savouring the sweet taste of his Caramel Macchiato and the Busan guy, who currently does not want to miss his chance stares at the beauty ahead him. Somehow, Youngjae likes this feeling. After been tired of thinking and writing and standing and moving around, he finally gets to sit down properly and enjoying himself, although with only a cup of coffee. And being stared by Jung Daehyun.

“Seriously you…” He heard the Busan guy sighs. Daehyun gets up from his seat and Youngjae tries his hard not to act weird. “Take off your jacket. It partially soaked in water.”

Youngjae makes a sound from behind his throat, clearly objecting the order. He doesn’t want to let go the hot paper cup that is the only source of heat he currently gets. He does not want to take off his jacket also because it is so damn cold inside and he doesn’t know if his skin has now becomes a heat resistor or what. So, when Daehyun gently grabs on his arms and pulls him to stand up, Youngjae’s face turns into a frown.

“Seriously..” He does not know he even whines.

“I’m being total damn serious here Youngjae. Now let go of that cup.”

“You really are mean, aren’t you? You don’t know how cold it is outside. At least let me drink my coffee.. ”

“No. If I let you like this, you’ll catch a cold and I’ll be the one who need to take care of you.”

“Then don’t take care of me.”

“No. Youngjae, let go of that cup.”

“I’m cold..seriously Dae..”

“Then, hold my hand while you take off another. I have pretty heat enough to keep you warm.”

Youngjae does not know his stomach has thousands of butterflies within it. He could feel them flying merrily inside it and he seriously doesn’t know what to do. So he just gives up to Daehyun’s plead and let the Busan guy helps him taking the jacket off with one hand holding the older’s and vice versa until the jacket unattached from him. Just when he wants to sit down, trying to cover his crazy beating hearts, Daehyun holds on to him again.

“Now what bastard?”

“Here.” He reflexively closes his eyes when a cloth being thrown on his chest.

“You ungrateful , wear that first. Be grateful that I’m your boyfriend ok.”

That tickling feelings come when he heard the word Daehyun said and Youngjae still does not know how to stop the breath-taking feels from his heart. It has been two years now and he still has the same problem. Nerve-wrecking, crazy heart beating, heat rushing up his cheeks and he acting awkward. He still does not know how Daehyun could handle that damn emotions, acting nothing and stuffs. Even with a single touch could turn him into a tingled mess, he does not know what will the future be. Slowly, he slipped into the worn cloth, knowing it is Daehyun’s favourite coat and loving the left over heat comes radiating into his body. Out of mind, he also loves how the coat still left the Busan guy’s scent. That calm and familiar scent.

The younger watched as Daehyun gets back lazily toward his seat before slumping down on it. He waited for him to speak first; as it is really obvious the Busan guy wants to say something.

“Do you have anything to do tonight?”

Youngjae knows he will eventually lose to those pleading eyes, so he gave up earlier than the Busan guy expected. “No. Why?”

“Let’s just stay here for a while.” And he shrugged it.

Intentionally, the younger averted his gaze toward the coffee cup but someone has decided to be rude and kicking his feet under the small table, so he gazes up nevertheless, regretting the decision later. Daehyun is seriously looking fine today. Like almighty fine and he does not know if his eyes are making trick on him or what. That sharp stare that never leaves him and boring deep right through him makes Youngjae shifts uncomfortably within his seat. He does not like it when he is the only one feeling awkward.

“Seriously if you do it again…”

Daehyun kicks him again and Youngjae could not do anything because first; he loves that damn stupid, fine and rude guy and second; he really is too tired to play around right now. Catching the glimpse of weary eyes in front of him, Daehyun stops doing his childish actions. Being the smart and good student he is, the Busan guy knows how much works Youngjae needs to do and to complete and he does not want to add the burden. He wants to be the one who lessen them.

“Youngjae-ah..”

“Whaatt…”

That is a complete dull and worn out voice coming out from him and somehow Daehyun hopes he could take them all. The Busan guy watches as the younger ahead him slumps in his seat, closing his eyes for a second trying to regain some consciousness. He stares at the younger’s features, admiring how he could earn, how he could deserve that person. Youngjae has never being mad at him even when he always does his stupid things that deserve some head-kicking. Youngjae also has never denies what he ever said or told or order. Although sometimes there are some whines and protests coming out, in then end the younger will always give up on him. Seriously, how could he deserve this piece of angel?

“Youngjae-ah..”

“Hmm..” Now the younger has finally opened up his eyes, peeking through.

Silently, Daehyun pats the other side of his seat, hoping the younger will get what he is trying to say. Fortunately, he falls in love with a smart person, so giving some kind of sign seems to not be a problem. With a slight protesting sound, Youngjae gets up and drags his feet to the obvious direction. Taking a seat and pulling Daehyun’s coat tighter around him, he glances toward his side waiting for another words said. Gently, their arms brush on each other sending some sparks down Youngjae’s spine, and he hates how his heart that eventually relaxes is now starts to act crazy again. Still with a clouded mind, the younger watches as the Busan guy hold out one of his earphone toward him. Hesitating, he takes it eventually, plugging it inside his right ear staying close with the older.

“What are you listening to?” Having no interest, he asks.

Daehyun smiles,and Youngjae swear his inside has melting down by the warmth of the sincere smile. Tearing their gaze apart, he shoves both of his hand into the front pockets of the coat, letting his blonde bangs fall down, hiding the red tint forming on his face. Daehyun just can’t stop smiling. This side of Youngjae was what made him fall in love with the younger at the first place. Looking down on the other, he gets back to his smartphone trying to find the song he meant to show to the younger.

“Something you and I love.”

“Uhm..” Youngjae just nodded. Still not having the guts to face the Busan guy.

Then he presses play.

 

Baby baby you’re caramel macchiato

Still, near my lips, your scent is sweet

Baby baby, tonight

Baby baby, you’re more than the scent of caffe latte

Do you remember this feeling, this comfort

 

Once the song hit its chorus, Youngjae smiles by himself. Still digging into his seat, still shoving his hands inside that front pockets, still with his bangs covering the red tint on his face. He can’t hear anything else other than the songs, the droplets of rain hitting the edge of the glass and the calm breath letting out by that one person beside him. He likes it. He loves it. Those calm, safe and peaceful feelings after the rough day he had. As expecting, comes from Daehyun. Damn, he never been an ungrateful , in fact had does not know anymore how to be grateful for having this kind of person beside him.

Unexpectedly, Youngjae feels a hand digging itself into one of the front pocket of the coat he is wearing, gently, softly binding their fingers together and he feels any other than love. Having no protest, he calmly takes the other’s hand in that small space before squeezing it lightly. In those silent moment, he could feel how his heart all of a sudden becomes calm again and his breathes have started to come even and not forgetting, he could feel the smile coming up from the one beside him.

With that, Youngjae settles himself deeper into the seat, thanking the corner for the privacy they had and closes his eyes. Savouring the lovely song, savouring the calm moments, savouring the time for himself and savouring Jung Daehyun.

 


 

Thanks for reading, commenting and stopping by :) Enjoy your day~