Prolouge

Purified Heart

"Sehun-ah! Please be careful! You're too close to the edge!" yelled an eight year old Kai as he watched his best friend tiptoeing playfully near the riverbank. The other eight year old boy ignored his hyung and continued his dangerous act.

Kai let out a frustrated sigh and ran towards Sehun to make sure he didn't fall. The Han River's current was strong due to the bad windy weather. Kai caught up with Sehun and yanked at his schoolbag. "KAI!!!" protested little Sehun as he was dragged away by his protective friend. " I told you to stop doing that, you stupid idiot! Leeteuk-hyung would be mad if something were to happen to either of us!" chided Kai. Sehun pouted and tried to get away but Kai held him in an iron grip.

 

"...Thop futhing like an ahjuthi!!! I'm juth playing..." mumbled Sehun as he pouted. "DON'T CALL ME AN AHJUSSI!! You can refered that term on SuHo-hyung instead" retorted Kai as he continued to drag Sehun away from the riverbank. Kai's face was beet red from anger when Sehun called him an 'old man',

 

Sehun still tried prying himself from Kai's grasp and he finally succeeded but he tumbled backwards and fell into Han River's cold waters."SEHUN!!!" yelled Kai frantically as he tried to reach out to Sehun. However, Sehun was struggling in the water and the strong currents took him away from the riverbank, where Kai was frantically chasing him.'W-what s-should I d-do?! Kyungsoo-hyung ... Chanyeol-hyung ... Help me!' thought Kai as he continued to chase Sehun's drifting form. Sehun was unable to do anything as the strong current overpower his tiny body. His sight stareted to go hazy and his flailing body started to go numb from the cold temperature. He heard Kai's voice in the distance. Darkness slowly crept at him...

 

Kai's anxiety level increased when Sehun's form started to disappear from his line of sight. Just then, members of SM Orphanage; Victoria and BoA saw Kai running. 

 

"Omo! Isn't that ... Jongin?" asked Victoria.

"Mwoyeo?" asked BoA.

"What's up with him? Is he in trouble? Where's Sehun?" asked Victoria worriedly.

"...I think we should call Leeteuk." suggested BoA as she started to press the numbers on her phone.

 


 

'Is...is this how I'm going to die? W-will I not see the faces of my hyungs and noonas anymore at SM Orphanage? Kyungsoo-hyung... Jongmyun-hyung ... Yuri-noona, Taeyeon-noona, Sunny-noona, Sulli-ssi, Victoria-noona, Jessica-noona, Boa-noona, Baekyun-hyung, Chanyeol-hyung ... Leeteuk-hyung ...Heechul-hyung ....Onew-hyung, Taemin-hyung, Changmin-hyung ... even that annoying and evil Kyuhyun...Guys? T-take care o-o-of K-Kai. He would be lonely without me... Gomawo, for looking out for me, Kai. Everyone... Goodbye....' thought Sehun as the tendrils of darkness engulf him.

 

He didn't know how how much time had passed. However, Sehun could still heard muffled voices, but it wasn't Kai's voice. 'W-who's there?' thought Sehun. His vision slowly returned to him but it was still blurry due to the water. He felt something tugging him out of the water. In the next second, he found himself gasping for much needed air. "There! All better." said a girl's voice.

Sehun was still panting and he had to rubbed his eyes as his vision turned back to normal. What he saw in front of him made him blush. Just inches from his own reddening face was a cute girl with long black hair and blunt bangs. She beamed a grin at him."Kwenchana?" asked the girl.

He was about to reply when another voice interrupted him. "Myo Un! Don't run off like that! ...Eh?" said a male voice. The two children turned towards the owner of the voice. Sehun saw a teen looking worriedly at the girl. "Mianhae, oppa but look! Look what Hwan and I found!" said the girl excitedly as she pointed at Sehun. The teen's gaze  went to the boy. "...Why is he drenched?" asked the teen flatly. "Umm... I think he fell into the river. He wasn't breathing when Hwan pulled him out of the water so I did what you did to Haseon-unnie when she fell in to the river last year." explained the girl with childish innocence. Her brother paled visibly.

"Y-you performed CPR on him?!" asked her brother in aghast. "Ne~. You said you can save life by doing that CPR thing when someone is drowning." explained the girl. "BUT YOU CAN"T JUST-- Tch, never mind." sighed out her older brother. "...Hwan found him stuck between branches of the tree that fell over there." said the girl as she pointed towards a large tree by the strong current. Her brother's eyes widen in surprise. "That troublesome dog led you to dangerous waters?!" yelled out her brother.

 

"But I'm fine, aren't I? See?" said the girl as she twirled; showing her anxious brother that she was alright. Her brother raked his hair back and let out a heavy sigh.

"Aigoo~ Myo Un-ah, don't scare oppa like that again okay?" asked the brother.

"Ne... Mianhae, oppa." replied the girl as she hugged her brother.

"Now, we need to get the boy to a medical centre and contact his family. He must've developed hypothermia by now." explain the teen as he put his jacket around Sehun before hoisting the now shaking boy into his arms. His little sister followed behind him as they went to the car. "What's haiper thermo?" asked the girl.

"Aniya. Hyperthermia. He is... very cold, dongsaeng-ah."

"Oh. Can I give him my blankie?"

"It will take more than a blankie." said the older teen to his little sister. "Hey, kid, you better hold on, alright?" stated the teen as he revved up the engine before they sped towards the nearest medical centre.

'Myo ......Un...... Mystery ...Cloud~'


 

When Sehun came about, he found himself staring into the face of Jongmyun-hyung. "ThuHo-hyung...?" asked Sehun meekly. Sehun saw his hyung's face broke into a grin. "NUGUDEUNJI!!! Sehun is awake!" hollered Jongmyun. The young Sehun was overwhelmed when all members of SM Orphanage entered the room. Everyone was there, including the evil hyung... Kyuhyun. Sehun saw multiple varieties of flowers and 'get-well-soon' stuff decorating the room. " Glad you're awake our beloved hubae. It has been three days since you woke up." said Leeteuk as he ruffled Sehun's hair. "Hmph! I was the beloved hubae before you, brat." said Kyuhyun; jealous of all the attention that Sehun got from all the members of SM Orphanage. BoA slapped him on the head though. " What was that for, you evil witch?!" complained Kyuhyun, but he backed down when he saw the glares pointed at him by the female members of SM Orphanage.

"Oi, he's still a kid, Kyuhyun." chided Ryeowook. "He's still a brat." persisted Kyuhyun. The evil maknae of the Super Junior group suddenly found his right foot being stepped on. "OUCH!!!" exclaimed Kyuhyun in anguish. "...Babo-hyung. So useless." said a familiar voice. "...KAI!!!" yelled Sehun in excitement as he saw his best friend enter the room. Sehun also took note that Kai's eyes were puffy.

A sense of guilt washed over Sehun. Tears were forming at the brim of his eyes. "H-hey, why are you crying?" asked Kai as he went over to Sehun. "B-because I m-made y-you a-and everyone in the orphanage worried..." sobbed Sehun. "...and I made you sad too..." continued Sehun as he stared at Kai. "D-don't cry, y-you idiot! You're g-g-gonna make me c-cry too." sobbed Kai as the two childhood friends hugged each other. The females were cooing and crying, Kyungsoo started to tear up as well before bawling out loud. The other members started to tear up as well. Even Kyuhyun had a tear or two running down his face, although he denies it.

 

"Hey guys, the seonsaengnim wants to perform a few check ups on Sehun. We should probably leave for awhile." announced Leeteuk. "Oo, oo! Can we go eat? I'm starving here!" said Key. "KFC, yeah!" said Onew. "...They are sooo thinning your wallet, Teukie." said Heechul as he went passed him. Minho was ushering Taemin, Sulli and Krystal to follow their noonas. Some of them grumbled and complained but complied nonetheless. Kai refused to budge at all. It took Kyungsoo and Jongmyun to usher him out along with the little help from Taemin who was called back by his hyungs to help them.  '

 

"Hey, Siwon, could you... help cover the medical cost?" asked Leeteuk.

 

"Bill." enquired Siwon. "Here." said Leeteuk as he gave him the medical bill. As per usual, Siwon didn't bother with the details and went ahead to sign it. 'This is probably you being the oldest that the younger kids often ask for money which explain why you're always have little money on you...' thought Leeteuk dejectedly.

 

Back in Sehun's temporary room, Kai went back in as soon as the seonsaengnim had finished his bussiness. "Are you alright now?" asked Kai; eyes doe-like as he waited for his answer.

"The theonthaengnim said that I had to wait a few more dayth." replied Sehun

"Awwww~ no fun~. Chanyeol-hyung bought a new video game today too~" complained Kai as he crossed his arms.

"I'll play with you ath thoon ath I get out." said Sehun.

"Awesome!" Said Kai as he jumped on the bed before flopping down on the floor.

"You okay there, Kai?" asked Sehun as he peeked below the edge of the bed. "...peachy..." replied Kai as he got up and dusted himself.

"...Hey, Kai.... Who saved me? I thought I was a goner for sure." said Sehun. Kai was about to reply when a nurse came in and said that the two have visitors. The boys looked at each other; neither knew who the visitors were.

When the visitors entered the room however, Kai started beaming in happiness. He turned facing Sehun; eyes gleaming."They're the ones who saved you." said Kai as he pointed at the male teen and his younger sister. "Hello there, boy, My name is Song Tae Il. This is my dongsaeng. Go on, introduce yourself." said Tae Il as he ushered the girl behind him forward. A blush adorned her pale cheeks. "U-um... n-nice to meet you. My name is Song Myo Un." said the girl shyly.

"...and she is the real saviour!" said Kai happily. "A-aniya ... my dog, Hwan found you actually. I-I just help pull you out of the water." explained Myo Un.

"She also kissed you to save your life." added Kai cheekily. Both Myo Un's and Sehun's  face turned beet red. Myo Un quickly hid behind her brother. Sehun averted his gaze quickly when he was caught staring at Myo Un by Kai, who watched in glee. He missed the dark look that passed over Tae Il's expression.

 

"Myo Un-ah, go give him his present." whispered Tae Il. "Ne, oppa." replied Myo Un. She walked towards the side of the bed and pulled a box of a neatly wrapped present from her bag. Kai watched with keen interest at how red Sehun's face was. "..H-here. It'd not much but I'd hope you like it." stated Myo Un as she gave Sehun the present. "T-thank you." replied Sehun shyly.