Ace

Little Alpaca

 

It was the day when they got back from China to Korea when Wu Fan received it. It was the day after the day Yixing was seen limping off stage with the help of Luhan. It was the moment Wu Fan stepped out of the bus that took them to the airport.


"Oppa," 

Wu Fan heard as he was stepping out of the coaster, he looked up and saw a fan walking straight to him, arms stretched out toward him. He gave his usual Kris smile (which didn't actually look like a smile at all, kind of like a stay-away-from-me-or-your-gonna-get-it kind of expression) he gave the fan a small bow because he knew he wasn't allowed to accept any gifts unless directly mailed to them, but the girl was persistent, knowing that the other members and the scary-as-ing-hell manager was following closely behind him, he sort of (but didn't mean to) snatched the things the fan held out to him. 

That was the moment he first laid eyes on the plushie.

--

Yixing felt horrible. He feels like the whole world has come down upon him and he's trying to carry everything not on his shoulders but on the back of his body. Every step he took, he felt like he was some kind of twig that was meant to be broken after receiving so little force. He tried to hide it all from the other members and to the fans but the pain took over and soon, he wasn't able to take any of it. 

They arrive in the airport early, they were on their way to the waiting area when he sees Wu Fan adjusting the blue scarf that was tied around his neck, he chuckled on his own seeing how the other man was making obvious that the two of them had bought the same exact design but of different colors, they bought it for fun, fooling around when an idea popped out of Wu Fan.

"Wear yours tomorrow," Wu Fan says the day before, holding unto his own scarf with a devious smile etched on his handsome face. "I'll wear mine the day after so that our fans will go--" he cuts himself off then wiggles his eyebrows at Yixing.

The smaller of the two just rolls his eyes, nodding lazily because he didn't want to do anything else but sleep.

Yixing's gaze then travels down Wu Fan's hands, there he sees the plushie and then he instantly reaches out to touch its head. He smiles and sees Wu Fan smiling back at him.

Little did Yixing know that that stuffed animal would change a little less than a lot to the usual routine of the group.

--

Yixing doesn't mind it at first, how Wu Fan seemed to be enjoying his time a little bit too much with the plushie than s.

It started when they were at the airport, when they played the game of "who will sit alone in the economy class" well, not necessarily alone because that would be dangerous, alone with the manager perhaps, and nobodyever wanted that so they had to decide. 

Wu Fan ended up losing and after the victorious cheers and all hi-fives dying down, that was when Yixing sat back down his seat beside Wu Fan who was starting to remove his scarf and wrapping it around the white Lamma -it's not a Lamma Yixing, says inner voice. It's an Alpaca. Whatever! Yixing shakes his head trying to get out of the conversation with himself- then taking off his glasses to also place on the toy.

Yixing scrunches his nose as he sees Wu Fan's satisfied smile, a smile he does not usually wear until they were back in the dorms. Wu Fan looks up at him and holds his stuffed toy close to his chest "Mine," he says boredly.

The younger just nods "Indeed, he's all yours,"

--

"If someone receives a gift from a stranger is it already considered suspicious?" Yixing asks Jongdae as he was making his way back to his chair inside the plane.

"It depends, why?" The young vocalist asks. Shifting a bit to make room for the older.

Yixing shakes his head, "Because when I peeked through the economy class divider, I thought I saw Wu Fan sitting beside no one but then I see him buckling the seatbelt of the empty seat beside him, turns out he actually made room for the Alpaca,"

Jongdae laughs then shifts comfortably in his seat, "Let him be Yixing, let the mature one turn immature for once,"

But Yixing doesn't let him be. He watches Wu Fan treat the toy with utmost care, as if it was his long lost son. Even when they were already back in Korea, Wu Fan held unto the stuffed toy, he almost never lets it go, except for when he was eating but he was sure to provide a chair for it, setting the chair right beside his own. The only thing left, Yixing thinks, is for Wu Fan to actually feed the Alpaca.

--

Yixing was not jealous of a freaking stuffed animal. He wasn't for sure. 

Oh really? Says conscience.

Okay maybe a little bit. Yixing bites back. Just a little bit.

Okay maybe a lot but as stupid as that can sound, it still wasn't as stupid as the fact that after Wu Fan's birthday celebration, he actually made all the members move to the back seats of the van to make room for the little toy. For the white-innocent-looking-but-probably-not-because-Yixing-knows-it-is-alive and not Yixing because his seat is usually beside Wu Fan's.

"Whoa there Yixing, you're like a kettle filled with boiling water right now, do you have a whistle?" Laughters erupt from the back of the van making Wu Fan look up at the rear view mirror.

"Shut up, Luhan" Yixing pouts, crossing his arms and sinking deeper in his seat.

-- 

As the van slows to a stop, the birthday boy stands outside his door waiting for the others but Yixing whooshes past him, getting in the house first.

"What's wrong with Yixing?" Wu Fan asks reaching inside the van for his plushie.

Tao yawns in his hand "Why don't you ask him," he shrugs, following quietly behind the others.

Upon entering the room, Wu Fan places the toy gently on top of the table beside his bed, he pats its head the same way Yixing did when they were in the airport, he smiles then leaves the room to find the other.

--

Yixing is out on the veranda of the house where the twelve of them were staying at. He fixes the red scarf around his neck then exhales, a puff of white air coming out of his mouth as he does. 

He notices the way the door behind him slides open revealing a Wu Fan that was wearing the same scarf as him only blue, he looks at the whole anatomy of the taller before turning back to look at the late night view of the city of Seoul. "Where's your Kris Jr?" Yixing huffs closing his eys a bit.

"Huh? Oh, you mean the Alpaca, I left it in the room," Wu Fan replies walking right beside Yixing then leaning on the railing.

"Wouldn't want it to be cold now would we?" Yixing rolls his eyes at his own sarcastic remark. Trying his best to not look at the perfect side profile of the man beside him.

Wu Fan chuckles, the deepness of it reverberating throughout Yixing’s system, “Do you seriously want to fight over that stupid toy?”

“I am not looking for a fight, I am— I didn’t catch that, say it again,” Yixing says now looking back at Wu Fan with big hopeful eyes.

“Do you want to fight?”

“No, not that I thought you said, stupid,” the younger shakes his head along with the flailing of his hands.

“Oh that, yeah, I did, the toy is as stupid as its mother,” Wu Fan ducks his head and Yixing can feel him inch a little bit closer to himself, body almost as cold as his.

“You are not making sense, Wu Fan, thank your lucky stars it’s our birthday cause I would be punching you now if it wasn’t,” Yixing shoots him a glare then turns back, feet starting to carry him back into the warm confines of their dorm.

“Stupid Yixing,” Wu Fan mutters looking ahead, taking in everything he can before the clock finally strikes twelve, signaling the end of his birthday.

Yixing hears this and sudden realizations and epiphanies bombard his head, heat immediately finds its way up his face and he slowly turns back at the man leaning against the railing, chin resting atop his toned forearms. Yixing thinks it’s the most sublime piece of crap he’s ever seen.

“Right back at you, Happy Birthday Wu Fan,” he says in a small voice. Before Wu Fan could even react, the door has slid close and there was no more Yixing accompanying him. He smiles and remembers how much his little Alpaca reminds him of the boy with the red scarf.