Almost Lovers

Almost Lover

 

'In order to move on, you must understand why you felt what you did and why you no longer need to feel it.'

-Mitch Albom, Five People You Meet In Heaven

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

She took a deep breath, her head low as she took careful steps up the stairs. Each step was heavier by the second, her feet shaking slightly as if it would give up on her. Her faith is faltering by each passing second, eating her up as fast as it could. She heard her members calling her name, all of them concerned. But she can’t face them now; all she wants is to be alone. 

 

The door closed, making a loud bang. She stared at nothing in particular, trying to block out all of her thoughts but soon realized that her effort is wasted as her figure crumples at the cold floor. She leans on the wooden door, clutching her chest as if doing so would stop the evident pain that’s killing her. She has never cried this much in her entire life and she wonders if it’s even humanly possible to do so.

 

Maybe it isn’t utterly right for her to feel this way. After all, they never had a proper name to their relationship. But as the world sees it, the term “friends with benefits” is probably the right one. 

 

She thought that if two persons feel the same way there’s no need for a label. Maybe she was wrong all this time, what if she was the only one that feels felt that way and he didn’t?

 

Her time, her countless efforts, herself…wasn’t all that enough for him to stay?

 

His touch still lingers on her, and she can’t help but feel pathetic for wanting a man that she once had and at the same time will never have.

 

If only she didn’t believe those sweet words that came out from his lips, if only she didn’t agree on this kind of arrangement, if only she looked at it in a broader perspective. But you can’t blame her, she’s naïve and innocent. Although a woman now, one can’t deny the fact that most woman believes in happy ending.

 

Every woman has that indescribable desire for that certain coveted part of a fairy tale book.

 

But this is the real world and reality is harsh.

 

She loves Hyukjae. That’s why she needs to accept the bitter truth that he has replaced her with someone else. Although it hurts to do so, it’s the right thing to do.

 

Love is unconditional and unselfish. She never wants to see him unhappy, even if that means giving up her own happiness.

 

She may or may not know what she really was to him.

 

But for her? He was and will always be an almost lover, her hopeless dream. 

 

And she should’ve known he’ll bring her heartache.

 

Yet no matter how many times she’ll try turning the world upside down, may it be in a different world or different time, they will always just be almost lovers…and that’s all they’ll ever be...

 

 

Like almost lovers always do.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...........

How was it? 

I actually wanted it to be sadder, but that's the best that I can do. Gosh, I hope I didn't disappoint anyone of you guys since eventhough this is just a oneshot I got 17 subbies overnight! 

Thank you subbies and readers! :)

 

 And remember,

-Keep Calm & Ship HyoHyuk-