She's always there.....

Alone

 

yvSkN.jpg

 

 

Jessica woke up. Yet again, because of her nightmare. Her eyes are swollen, because everything was blamed to her. If she didn’t do it, would it change anything? Will they save her first? Will she be alive? This is Jessica every day. A welcome-to-hell-greeting-face every morning.

 

She prepared to go out to her place for work.  She grabbed her suitcase, containing all the things she would sell. She rides the train and silently sat down. Jessica wants to be fashion designer, but because of the accident, because of everyone facing their backs on her, how could she achieve her dream? After the news spread, she was definitely feeling isolated. Her parents, who changed their treating to her, made her even feel like dying. She once heard her sister, Krystal that they should just migrate back to US without her. They can just say because it is better for her to be in Korea. So, she decided to send them away, even though she needs them the most during that time. But after few months of their departure, they stopped contacting her, and cutting all the connections with her. Her relatives are also nowhere to be found. She has no one, as in no one.

 

It was already her stop when she gets back to her mind. Lucky, she always calls herself during these times. She stepped out of the carriage, and as she walked along, she keeps her head down, avoiding indecent views—or avoiding her gaze. She struggled passing the crowd of people rushing in a direction, without minding their business. But she must admit herself she was curious. She tried not to peek, but a boy soaked in blood appeared in front of her. It was a normal sight for her.

 

Yes. She can see roaming ghosts around ever since she was a kid. But it became worst ever since that horrible thing happened. Maybe that was the reason she have no friend when she was in her primary school days­—she always tell little kids that she can see someone beside them. Or sometimes, she asks if this friend can join them. She hated how they rejected them (Jessica and her friend) every play time at school. A kid surely got creeps of her and told the teacher about Jessica. The teacher had even called Mr. and Mrs. Jung to the school, and announced the whole matter in the PTA meeting. Mr. Jung was furious of the embarrassment, that he forced Jessica to go in a mental institution at such young age. Jessica stayed there for a couple of months, and came back home telling stories about her new friend and how they played in the ward. Actually, the doctor said nothing’s wrong with her and it’s just natural for a kid, especially when she was lack of attention, but the embarrassment she caused in the family is too much, that Mrs. Jung secretly pleaded the institution to have her for a while to cool the down issue.

 

And that was the unfairness of her parents start. Her father didn’t allow her to talk about this friend she have. She was always locked up in the dark basement alone (that’s the reason why she never goes in there) whenever the family has parties or gatherings held in the Jung’s residence. She never goes out with the whole family. She never joined the family picture taking again after she turned 8, making her unknown to others. This treatment continued until her Junior High. They had a camping somewhere outside Seoul, and that horrible thing happened.

 

/

 

 

She sat down at her usual place, and she opened her suitcase containing her things to sell. She put them back in place because of the rush she had earlier. She endured the cold weather outside. It would be nice if I’m just at home, sitting around. Heaps of people came looking by her things, but half of them only brought. “Hey Jessica, don’t you want to go to university? You’re still young, you know that?” asked Kahi, who’s in her late 20s asked her. She was selling clothes, basically, they were like seatmates. “Why bother? I don’t even have enough money to buy your cheap clothes, how can I go to university?” Jessica responded back, that made them both laugh.

 

 

“Unnie, I’ll just go to the toilet, can you look out for my things?” Jessica asked Kahi, she really has to go in. She ran into the nearest public toilet. Entering the cubicle, she started doing her own business. After that, she washed her hands while looking at the mirror. What made her shock is she was inside the other cubicle, and staring indirectly to her in the huge mirror…………………..

 

E4Efm.jpg

 

 

Please Comment and Subscribe ^^