Not-So-Drunken Confession

My Not-So-Drunken Confession

"I pray no tears in your dreams. I know you'll fly high in your life~" I stopped and strummed my guitar again. "In your life~" 

...

I sounded like a croaking frog! I sighed and tried the chords a couple more times before finally getting the hang of it. I smiled. "I pray no tears in your dreams. I know you'll fly high in your life. I sesangeun jageun nuneuro. Tto geudael boryeogo hajiman. Boran deushi dangdanghage. Malhal su isseo-"

"You are the only one."

I snapped my head to the left. I saw the person who sang the last line with me. I awkwardly fidgeted with my fingers, still holding onto my precious guitar. "Jinyoung Oppa.." I mumbled.

"Your voice is really good," he complimented, smiling. 

I blushed, knowing that it's his group's song that I sang. But I couldn't help it, I just love that song. Or well.. I love all their songs actually. Why, oh why, is my crush such an amazing composer? I blushed and scratched my head in embarrassment. "A-ah.. Thank you but it's nothing compared to yours."

"Oh? Really?" 

That smile of his. That chuckle. Music to my ears. If I think that sounds dreamy, I sure as heck think his singing is heavenly. I feel like such a lovestruck teenager! Which i am, I guess.  He took the guitar from my arms and sat down next to me on the wooden bench. "Hey!" 

He waved his hand. "Don't be so touchy, I'm just borrowing this for awhile. Is that okay?" he asked. An amused curve of his lips indicates that he knows I would say yes.

I rolled my eyes playfully at his knowing smile and looked at him with what I'm sure to be sparkling eyes. Like a little girl on her birthday just waiting for that pink box filled with the present rom her favorite aunt - knowing that it'd be something very girly, very cute and very gagging for guys. "Are you going to sing?" I asked as I observed him. I put my weight on my palms and swung my legs. I like this bench~ 

He strummed, testing it out. "Nooo.. We're going to sing."

I pouted and crossed my arms. "I thought you were going to sing for me,"

A breeze went through and a chill went down my spine. I looked down and rubbed my arms. I can't believe I'm getting goosebumps from a simple blow of wind. I should've known not to wear a simple white dress and ballet flats in this kind of weather. 

"Are you cold?"

"No, I'm not,"

He gave me a look.

"Maybe. But I didn't know it was going to be this breezy in the afternoon so I didn't bring a sweater and.. What are you doing?" as I was talking, he oh-so-politely ignored me and set the guitar to the side. I realized that he was opening his jacket and instantly knew his intention.

God.. This is so cliched. But this is Jung Jinyoung we're talking about. He himself is prince charming! I hid my face in my hands as he dropped the jacket around me. I peeked at him and saw that he only wear a long blue top and jeans. I'm not sure that it's warm enough for him. Besides, he's an idol, he can't get sick just because he gave his jacket for some girl to wear. With his packed and sadistic schedule.. I kind of worry for his health. 

"Oppa-"

He strummed his guitar and he sang, "Don't say I'll be burdened, I'm doing fine. Don't say you're okay, It'll be a lie. Please don't shed a tear, you're my only light. Don't worry for a thing, dear, I'm sure what we have is right~" 

I stared at him. His voice is so... How do those BANAs describe it anyway? Amazing? Gorgeous? I can't even pick a word! I can listen to him singing all day if I can. Those recordings and videos on the internet can never match up to the real deal. I can't believe I thought his recordings were amazing! The real deal is.. Breath-taking.. I feel speechless and I couldn't utter a word. After a minute, I can only blurt out one line. 

"That's a nice song." 

...

I mentally face-palmed. Of course it's a nice song! If it's horrible he wouldn't be singing it right now!! ... God.. Jung Jinyoung, what have you done to me?

He beamed at me. Is it just me or is he kinda glowing a bit? "It fits our current situation doesn't it?" he asked.

Eh? Current situation? .... What we have is right?

"O- oppa.." I feel my cheeks warming up.

"Hm? But in someway, the context matches how you worry that I'll be cold, right?"

Oh.. Right. He means he's okay with me having his jacket. I can feel a tug of disappointment in my gut. My chest tightened. Why is it so hard to breath? It feels like he's just taunting me - no, fate is taunting me. Mocking me. Reminding me I'm not good enough. I hesitantly faked a smile, leading to my mouth twitching at the start. I struggled at making my happy expression, but somehow I think I pulled it off. He doesn't seem to notice.. "Y - yeah.. It sounds really good. Is it yours?" He nodded. 

"That's awesome! You always make the best compositions!" I looked up at him admiringly - which earned a laugh from him. It doesn't ease me a single bit that he laughed while I'm just pathetically trying to grasp a sense of reality and remember that he's not for me. "Have you been working on that song for awhile?" I asked, trying to make my voice sound natural. 

"Actually.." He trailed off, grinning. "I just worked on it thirty seconds ago."

My jaw dropped. "You.. Improvised..??" If my eyes could pop out of its sockets, pop two legs and run away, it would probably already be in Tazmania right now! Trust me, I can't even get to the next district that fast! I still have a whole load of things to learn from this guy. He should just be my mentor! Well, unlike he's not one right now. All thoughts of him not liking me flew out of the window and even though I can feel the pain, I simply replaced most of it with admiration. 

He gave a small grin. "What can I say? You just give me inspiration," his grin faltered into a soft smile and his eyes previously twinkling with amusement are now calm. I give him inspiration? Although I know that in the end, when he finds a decent girl and tells me happily about her, that I would get hurt even more.. I just can't help the hopeful and happy feeling in me. I guess I'll just have to bear with it. It's my fault I fell for him in the first place anwyay. A few seconds passed with him still staring at me. I shifted in my spot uncomfortably and faked a cough.

He widened his eyes (oppa.. You just noticed you've been staring me?) and looked back at his guitar. "Right. So are we gonna sing or what?" He quickly chngd the subject.

I grinned and noddedd my head furiously. I've wanted to sing with him since forever. But well, of course I won't ask him. 

"What do you want to-"

"Baby Goodnight." I cut off. 

"........... You want to sing a song about cheating?" He stared incredulously at me. 

I shrugged. "It's catchy." And it doesn't make me think of happy relationships.

He gave me another look and I thought about it for a moment.

..........

"You're right. That's too depressing. Don't get me wrong, I love that song and I love B1A4 but none of you guys will ever have the guts to backstab someone,"

"Aren't you supposed to be happy that your favorite artist is a loyal man?"

"Pfft.. Man. You guys aren't manly enough to be compared to Block B but not cute enough to be compared to Boyfriend," I said and laughed at his pout. "Okay, okay. I'm just kidding. You're amazing and I look up to each and every single one of you. How about.. Just Dance?" 

"We have one guy, one girl wearing said guy's jacket, an acoustic guitar, a beautiful park, a calm atmosphere and a dramatic breeze but you want to sing upbeat songs? - No, Lady Gaga's upbeat song."

I raised my hands in surrender but quickly placed them around me when hyung's jacket almost fell. "But you're right. Your english would ruin it." His expression was priceless. 

"Hey! That's-"

"Like, really, what does 'Baby I'm sorry, we got the better' even mean?" 

"Well-"

"Ah~ Grandpa needs to work on his english more. Even though you're already really good at it!"

"Listen to me-"

"But you need to work on it in your songs. Of course, I can help you if you want~!"

I kept teasing him even though I have a really bad feeling in my gut. I feel like I'm about to cry. I really shouldn't have stayed around too long. Hearing him say that I'm his inspiration, having him treat me so nicely, I can't endure it that much longer. 

"Hey!" he complained.

"I wonder what will happen if you suddenly get lost in an airport in London or America? That would be hilarious! And-"

I drew in a sharp take of breath when the world seemed to shift. Jinyoung oppa just slammed his palms near both my shoulders, trapping me. He's long put down his guitar and I didn't dare to exhale. I shakily breath out. 

"Be serious about this." He cut off, staring dead into my eyes. "I actually bailed on something to come see you here. I thought you'd be happy by my surprise. If you don't want to do this, then it's fine. Just tell me if you don't like me." His eyes.. They're so cold. I don't like it. I don't like this side of him. I never want to see it again. My chest.. It hurts.. It hurts so badly. "So?"

I gulped guiltily and looked down, hiding my face in my hair. I can't believe he actually cancelled some appointment that's probably important just to spend some time with me. Boring, old, and plain me. While he could've used that time to work on his group or hang out with other big celebrities. I momentarily forgot he's an idol. Wait, no, I didn't. I always remember this fact. He's some big hotshot with thousands of international and local fans. I'm just some wannabe singer who's actually a college student working part-time in a cake shop. I'm just desperately trying to see him in my own level - as someone in my league. Ha! He's the epitome of perfection! What the hell was I thinking?! 

I stopped my self-pity for a short while and stuttered out an apology, "I-I'm sorry.. I just.. I mean.. I wanted.." Exactly what did I want? To make him smile, I guess. "I was.. I'm really sorry."

I heard him sigh. Oh great. I'm being too dramatic and he's sick of me. He's gonna leave me here, delete my number, and then.. He's going to unfriend me!! After that BANAs are going to kill me because he's not protecting me anymore! It's gonna be off with my head, after I'm beheaded, they would give my hands to cannibals and they'll drown the remaining of my body to some river with vicious piranhas somewhere deep in the amazons! I don't even know if the amazons have piranhas or not! 

"H-hey. Don't cry. I didn't mean it that! I'm really sorry!" I heard him say frantically. "Oh God.. I messed up, didn't I? What do I do? What do I do?" 

I slowly smiled before letting a giggle and looked up. Everything.. All that.. The thing about him being way above me is true. But hearing his worried voice and seeing him panic over me.. It feels like I'm appreciated. It's like he's just another person. 

"I'm really sorry. I just really wanted to sing something with you. Preferably something with a beautiful composition-" I kinda figured that out already "-and I wanted a really fitting song that might give across the message I want to give you-" uh-huh "but the songs you suggested just doesn't fit my feelings and-" keep going - 

"Wait. What?" I stopped his rambling and he halted. 

"Yes?"

"Feelings?" I raised an eyebrow at him. I can feel myself on edge. Not again. I need to stop. "You make it sound like you're going to confess- no, propose to me or something!" Dammit! Why did I say that?! To cover it up, I faked a laugh but it turned real. A laugh of self-pity of how I actually hoped he would like someone with the likes of me. I awkwardly stopped when he didn't reply. He's biting his lip again. "Oppa..?" I called out, concerned over him.

"Huh? Yeah? What?" he sputtered out quickly. 

"Are you.. Okay..?" I asked slowly, sensing something is a bit.. Off.

He shook his head and gave me another killer smile. "Ah.. I'm fine. Don't worry."

I paid no attention to his perfect look and leaned closer to him. "Are you sure? You look kind of pale and you're starting to sweat!" I exclaimed. I knew he should just put on the jacket! "I told you that you might get sick! Here!" I was taking it off when his hands stopped mine and put it back on. I felt myself flutter when his fingers brushed against mine and instantly missed the feeling when he let go.

"N-no! Just put it on for awhile. Excuse me for awhile," he abruptly stood up. "I'm really sorry. I'll be back soon. Just give me 5 minutes. So, wait for me, okay?" and he was gone. Just. Like. That. 

I sighed and slumped on the bench. As another wave of wind blew, I tightened the jacket around me. It's so comfy. I tilt my head up to look at the sun and bask in the warm sunlight. Funny. Warm sun, cool breeze. I sighed yet again and stared at the ground in front of me as I waited for my prince charming.

....

Pfft.. HAHAHAHAHA!! I can't believe I just said that line! I giggled before bursting into a fit of laughter. It's a good thing no one's around. I calmed myself down and went back to staring. I scanned the park and then.. Behold.. I saw a white fluffy shape near the lake.

A bunny.

Those black eyes that glints red in the sunlight. Those beedy little eyes. Those two teeth popping out of its mouth. Those two fluffy ears that I just want to pull. That little nose scrunched up. Yep, it's no doubt a bunny. The little criter, apparently, sensed my gaze and looked at me. It stared at me. And I stared at it.  

And we stared..

.......

And stared..

........

And stared..

........

Until finally..

"Ha-chooh!" The bunny scrunched up its nose and wiggled its tail and head. The bunny just sneezed! A bunny sneezed! I giggled. The bunny then hopped over to me and I picked it up on to my lap. I sighed, it gently. "I wonder how painful it will be when I get my heart broken by oppa.. Will it really hurt that bad? Oh well.." I shook my head and scolded myself for talking to an animal. "Where is he anyway?"

As if on cue, I hear someone singing. I looked up to my right, the direction of where he left. There he is, standing there and singing. I tilted my head in confusion as he slowly walked towards me. Step by step. 

mwohago isseonni neujetjiman jamsi naollae

neoui jip golmoge inneun noriteoe anja isseo

chingudeul mannaseo

oraenmane serul jom

 

My eyes widened as I saw him and my hold on the bunny loosened before it hopped away. The reason of my shock lies on the fact that he just pulled out a bouquet of roses in different shades of pink. I stood up with shaking knees and had to hold on to the bench for support. My body wobbled slightly. I know this song.. I know it so so much.. I remember the jealousy when he performed this song on Match Up. Watching it was such a pain. I listened to him tentatively..

 

haenneunde jakkuman 

ni eolgul tteoolla 

mujakjeoung dallyeowasseo

 

He stopped. He was already in front of me. My gaze is on the ground, my shaking hands covering my mouth. My lip trembled when I tried to speak up. He wordlessly and gently gave the roses to me..  He remembers..

 

"How did I do? I was so nervous! It's so embarrassing to perform that song!"

 

"You did great, oppa,"

 

"Really?"

 

"Yeah, everything's perfect although.."
 

"Although, what?"
 

"My best friend could've killed you because of those flowers. She hates red roses."

 

"How about you? What do you think of them?"

 

"They're such a pain. Too mainstream. Why pick red and white? That's the color to Japan's flag.."

 

"So what color would you want?"

 

"Honestly.. Pink. Not hot pink. But.. Soft pink, bright pink. Why pick more than one color when one can have so many different

shades?"

 

"... Huh.. I've never thought of that,"

 

"Well think about it more, oppa~! Anwyay, we haven't gone out for ice cream in a while. Let's go celebrate for B1A4~!" 

 

"Sure.."

 

"You're buying though!"

 

"Haha! Okay.. Okay.." 

 

I gave out a small laugh that has no sound. I can't speak. Not a single bit. He's just standing there, waiting for me to accept the flowers. I can't believe this is happening. Oppa.. If you're making a prank on me, I will kill you. I took the roses and a slight gasp escaped my mouth as he wrapped his arms around me. I just stood there. I didn't hug him back. I couldn't. 


He whispered in my ear, "Sing with me."

 

I was breathless. Speechless. I can't barely keep myself straight, how am I supposed to sing without sound horrible? 

 

i mam moreugenni 

yojeum nan

michinsaramcheoreom

neomansaenggakhae

daechaek eobsi niga 

jeom jeom johajyeo

 

I listened to his voice before joining him. 

 

anya an chwihaesseo jinjjaya

neol jeongmal saranghae

nunmuri nal mankeum

wonhago isseo

 

A minute passed by. By then, I was already on the ground. My legs couldn't take it anymore and I dropped myself. Jinyoung oppa looked really scared. I think he thought that the shock he gave me was too much. 

 

"Are you.. Okay?" I heard his voice say. He's sitting down cross-legged across from me. 

 

"Is this.. Answer me truthfully, is this really real?"

 

He just chuckled. I glared at him and he flinched. "O-oppa.. Y-you better not be doing a hidden camera or something!" I yelled. My  vision got blurry and I couldn't see anythign anymore. Everything were just dots of color. A tear fell. And then another. And so on until the waterworks let itself out. He pulled me closer to him and my hair. "I'm sorry.. Why are you crying?"


Hearing the words 'I'm sorry' ... I buried my face on his shoulder. "I'm sorry I got you wet.." I apologized and backed away. "I'm just.." I smiled. "glad.."

 

He smiled back.

 

A few minutes later, we're strolling down the street. When oppa saw an ice cream vendor, he got two ice cream cones. Vanilla for him and chocolate for me. "Thank you~" I said and it happily. I grinned when I felt his hand in mine and I intertwined our fingers together. 

 

"Does this mean we're...?" he trailed off.

 

"I'm sorry, but I don't get what you're talking about, oppa."

 

He rolled his eyes and nudged me. "Are we.. Dating?"

 

"Eh? Who said anything about that?" I said back and laughed at his expresssion. "As far as I'm concerned, you've never properly given a confession or ask me anything regarding to that."

 

He smirked and replied, "Will you please be my girlfriend?"

 

"You're so not romantic!!" I laughed. I tip-toed and gave him a peck on the cheek, leaving him dazed.

 

"So..? What's your answer?" 

 

"Yes." I my ice cream and glanced at Jinyoung. "Oppa.."

 

"Hm?"

 

I took a deep breath and said the words I've wanted to say to him but have been holding back for so long. "I really like you,"

 

My heart fluttered as he kissed my forehead and whispered to me.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

"I love you,"

 

 

 

I'm very very very very very very VERY sorry to have wasted your precious time! I'm still kinda adjusting to B1A4. I haven't gotten around to posting it but I guess it's now or never.. AAHH!! I'll try my best to keep improving and maybe I'll re-do this once I get enough experience and am confident enough to do stories~! Oh well... Thanks for clicking~!