The Lost Time ~ chapter one

The Lost Time

 

Jung Ranee’s POV

“Ranee!” cried someone. Oh no, it’s him again.

“WHAT!?” I shouted back.  He ran to catch up with me.

“Let’s go to the park!” he suggested.

“No. How many times do I have to tell you that I don’t like you, Lee Onew?” I asked him.

“Please, I promise you that you will remember what you are trying to remember.” Onew said.

“Look, I know what I want to remember and what I don’t. Can you please stop pestering me?” I asked.

“Oh, alright. I will stop.” He said.

“Good, now leave me alone. I need to get home. I have homework to do.” I excused myself.

“Just remember to meet me at the Seoul Central Park at nine, okay?” he said and walked off to his limo.

“Um…no.” I shouted back after him and walked home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lee Onew’s POV

I want you to remember me, Ranee. The little boy that promised to marry you when he grows up, the little boy that you used to play with you and the little boy that loves you now and forever. I shouldn’t have left that day. If not because of me, you wouldn’t have had amnesia. You wouldn’t have forgotten me. Your parents wouldn’t have left you for luxury because you wanted them to…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jung Ranee’s POV

I was cooking some dinner for myself. After the accident eight years ago, we were left very poor. There was a family that thought that my parents were their son and daughter so they are willing to have them back. The people that want my parents were very rich but they didn’t want me. So here I am, living on my part time job fund.  I was cooking some kimbap when my head started hurting a lot. I dropped the knife on the cutting board and slid down the cupboard door, clutching my head in pain.

*flashback*

“Ranee!” a boy called. I turned around and was face to face with a blurry face. I couldn’t make out who it was.

“Oppa!” I cried.

“Ranee, I love you.” the boy said.

“I love you too, oppa.” I said. He leaned his head on mine and breathed in my face.

“Once you turn eight-teen, I will come back for you. I will marry you.” he said and held my hand.

“I will be waiting, oppa.” I said, touched. I hugged him tightly.

*flash back ends*

“Arghh!” I yelled, clutching my head harder, trying to ease the pain. My head was throbbing hardly. Tears started streaming down but I didn’t know why. I quickly wiped them, took a deep breath and started to go back cooking.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lee Onew’s POV

I waited and waited for Ranee. It was nine o’clock already. I choose this one specific spot because this place held one of our memories.

*flashback*

“Lee Onew! Give me that doll back or else.” Ranee threatened.

“No!” I yelled and started to run around the park. Ranee followed behind me but she couldn’t catch up with me.

“Lee Onew! Give me that back!” she shouted.

“Catch me if you can!” I teased. She was so cute when she was angry. Her cheeks were all red and I swear you can actually see smoke coming out of her ears. She started advancing towards me. I ran again and she broke in to a run too.

“OW!” I heard Ranee. I turned around and saw Ranee on the floor, with blood gushing out of her knee.

“Ranee!” I called and immediately ran towards her, “are you okay?” I asked her.

“It hurts.” She gasped.

“It will be OK. Here, climb on my back. Let’s get back home.” I said. I crouched down so she could climb on my back. She slowly climbed on my back.

“Oppa will protect you. Don’t get scared.” I comforted her.

“Okay, I trust you, oppa.” She said.

*flashback ends*

I waited silently as the time past. Ranee still isn’t here. I wanted her to remember or at least have time with me before I go onboard again. I waited and waited till it was midnight. I gave up hope. She wasn’t going to be here. I left, disappointed. Every ounce of hope in my body was no longer there.           

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Jung Ranee’s POV

*dream*

“Oppa!” someone called. I squinted my eyes to look at the person and realise it was me, only way younger.

“Oh, oppa! Where are you?” I - or someone like me called, searching around a tree.

“Oppa!” my cries became more and more desperate. I felt like I was missing someone. I was feeling …fear. Never in my life have I felt fear except the accident eight years ago. I feel to my knees, sobbing.

“Aww, Ranee. Please don’t cry, oppa won’t leave you.” a boy, no older than me said.

“Oppa!” I cried happily and sprang into the arms of the boy.

“Ranee, saranghae.” The boy whispered.

“Lee Onew, saranghae.” I whispered too.

*dream ends*

I woke up with a start. So that man that kept appearing in my flashbacks and dreams was Lee Onew? I must be watching too much drama’s to have this dream. Suddenly my head throbbed. My head started to have short flashbacks of Onew. I finally remembered Onew. He was the one I loved. I got excited. I immediately went to sleep, anticipated. I really wanted to tell him that I remembered him at school tomorrow. Finally, the excitement wore off and I slept.

The next day, when I was at school, I went around and tried to find Onew.

“Hey, have you seen Lee Onew?” I asked a random guy in my class.

“Haven’t you heard? He is leaving at nine in the morning.” The guy replied back. I was shocked. Today? Why didn’t he tell me? Oh right, I was the one that rejected him first. I looked at my watch and it showed the time of 8:35. I decided it will be enough time. I raced out of school and ran to the airport. I didn’t take the bus because it will take even longer to arrive there and I didn’t take the taxi because I didn’t have enough money. I raced against time. What ever my future is, it will be decided now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lee Onew’s POV

I looked back at the airport door, hoping that there was a miracle that Ranee will come through the door but it was impossible. I hadn’t even told her that I was going. 

“The trip to America will depart in twenty minutes. Please prepare yourself and get to the gate. Please check you have everything with you because we will not be able to turn back.” The person announced. As suggested, I checked if I had everything with me. Nope, nothing missing. I then walked slowly to the gate, passing many people. I extended my stay for as long as I could.

“The trip to America will depart in fifth teen minutes.” The person announced. I ball rolled to my feet and I saw a little boy coming to get it. I swiftly got it and handed it to him.

“Thanks, mister.” The little boy said.

“That’s OK.” I said and patted his head. The little ran back to his mummy. I sighed and looked at the gate.

“The trip to America will depart in ten minutes.” The person said. This person was getting on my nerves. He just had to say it for every five minutes. I looked at the door of the airport and I thought I saw someone that looked like Ranee, running around and searching. I shook the assumption off and proceeded to the gates, walking in a very slow manner.

“The trip to America will depart in three minutes.” The man announced. What? How more can this man be annoying? I walked to the gate, finally letting it all go…or so I thought. When I was about to give the man my ticket, I felt someone hug me from behind. I froze.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ranee’s POV

“Please don’t leave, Onew.” I begged. He slowly turned around and his face lit up.

“Did you remember?” he asked me softly. I nodded my head.

“Really? Yes!” he cried, “I am the happiest man on Earth!” I laughed at his silliness. He carried me by the waist and spun me around.

“Ahh!” I cried in happiness. I was so happy, to be in his arms again. I even thought that I couldn’t make it. He brought me down and leaned into kiss me. I wrapped my hands around his neck and replied to him.

“Yay!” passerby’s cheered. He broke the kiss and leaned down to peck me.

“Saranghae, Ranee.” He whispered.

“Saranghae, Onew.” I whispered back to him.

“Yeah!” the crowd roared again. I laughed with him. This is my happiest dream come true. All I need to know is, our future ties our knot and our past bonded us together.

 ___________________________________________________________________________________________________

What do you think, ranee`pots? I think it was way too short. If you want, I can make another one-shot for you.