Just like a sibling

Fireworks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


“Chorong unnie!” the playful girl said as she leaped happily toward the calm redhead who was waiting for her outside the building where both of them studied.

Chorong greeted her, but before finishing her sentence, she was caught in a tight hug by the girl who called for her. 

“Unni, did you miss me?” was the type of greeting her friend welcomed her that day right after loosening her hold of Chorong. She looked at Chorong's eyes with a cheerful spirit, her arms still draped around the redhead's waist.

Yes, said Chorong, the usual word she would tell anyone whenever asked if she missed the person who asked her. However, Bomi, who was responsible for trapping her in an embrace, was always the exception. Whenever Bomi would ask her if she missed her, Chorong would always say yes. Moreover, in all other occasions, she will always answer Bomi with phrases or things that would please her. Just like that, it has always been like that.

Bomi is Chorong's friend. 

They have that kind of relationship since they were young—a type of relationship bonded by the years of being together, and strengthened by the closeness they shared with one another. A type of relationship wherein the two of them considered one another as her best friend. 

Chorong saw how Bomi grew up: from being a cute yet fearful child to a beautiful and cheerful lady. She has always treated Bomi like a little sister but the feeling subsided as new sensation began and started pounding against Chorong's mind. 

Chorong wanted to be with her everyday. Chorong never wanted anyone else to get her attention. 

Chorong thought that she was being possessive over her friend but she can't help it. 

Chorong loves Bomi. And she knew this wasn't just some kind of infatuation.

She knew that she should stop going crazy over her, and decided to keep her feelings secret instead. The supression of growing love in Chorong just confused herself. The circumstance she was in also rendered no quite use to her when she knew Bomi so well—Chorong knew Bomi so well that she thought her best friend would rarely, if not never, really have any thoughts of love or loving anyone at such an early stage of her life.

“Unni, I still got a research to do. Do you want to join me at the library?” Bomi asked, bringing Chorong out of her disorientation.

Since Chorong had nothing to do that day, she accompanied Bomi to the library.

*

“Chorong unni, why are you so silent? We’re not yet in the library.” Bomi asked while walking their way to another building where the library was situated.

“Well,” Chorong took a deep breath before telling Bomi the truth, “I’m kind of tired.” that kind of truth which was only one-half attributable to the truth Chorong was feeling that moment. 

“Oh. You can go home now.”

“It’s okay. I’m still going with you.”

“Really?” Bomi cheered when her friend affirmed. “In that case, I’ll treat you something after we’re done researching!” Bomi gently took Chorong’s hand then hurriedly dragged her to the library.

“I’ll do my homework as fast as I could so we can still make it later,” added Bomi during their flight.

*

Chorong asked Bomi if she could sleep inside the library. Bomi said that she could always sleep inside the room as long as she didn’t snore. Well good thing, Chorong did not have the habit. So, she took a seat on one of the chairs, folded her arms and buried her face between them. She was trying to take a nap while Bomi finished her thing.

Chorong was just too tired that day that her nap was longer than how she had expected.

*

 

“Unni? Unni?”

Chorong felt light pokes on her back. She tried to lift her head up just to see Bomi who was checking on her.

“Chorong unni~” said Bomi cutely as she poked her nose, making Chorong twitch a little.

“What?” she half groaned, half whispered.

Bomi sat down the seat next to her and laid her head on the table, near Chorong’s.

“Jjuk” the sound Bomi made as she poked Chorong’s nose continuously, creating lines on Chorong’s forehead and making Chorong’s eyebrows meet. “Haha, so cute.”

Chorong’s eyes started to close just when Bomi began to shove near her.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter