Myungsoo and Suzy

Everything was from A Teardrop

 

KIM MYUNGSOO –the first nominated inheritor of the prestigious Woollim Architectural Industries. Due to his poor health, he had never gone outside their home to play with other kids. He has no friends except for his only cousin and rival. Locked away from everyone, he still learned everything he needs to become the successor, but remained very naïve of the world outside.
When Myungsoo was thirteen, he lost faith in living. His condition got worst and he was perfectly aware of it. He wanted to set foot outside to at least experience what he didn’t when he was younger. He badly wanted to do it…even if it might be the last thing he’ll do.
At Myungsoo’s little escape on journeying, he found a reason to live and fight his situation just from a little teardrop.
 
2005, October 11
“STOP crying, little girl.” Myungsoo tried to comfort the stranger he found at the playground. He rested his palms on his knees as he was attempting to see the girl’s face who’s sobbing inside her own embrace. It was his first time outside and yet he still encounters problems. He’s just too empathic.
“Ya! Don’t touch me!” The girl flailed her hand when Myungsoo tried to touch her. Then, she feebly coughed with her hands covering .
Surprised by the younger one, Myungsoo suddenly sensed his pulse rate went faster and felt lightheaded.
“I don’t want you to touch me because I’m sick,” the girl whispered between sniffles. She introduced herself as Suzy and she was only eleven. She ran away from home after she learned her sickness.
“You’re younger than me to be talking like that,” Myungsoo reminded before introducing himself.  He didn’t give her all of his basic information, though. He extended his arm for a handshake but Suzy shook her head. She didn’t want to pass her disease which is tuberculosis.
 
“I DON’T want to die yet. I’m…scared,” Suzy confessed, her gaze was fixed on the ground while her hands were tightly clutching the end of her sunflower dress.
Myungsoo looked at her with surprised eyes. To be at their age, Suzy was talking like a grown-up and he didn’t see that coming.
Suzy continued with her words. Her face looks tired from crying earlier and most probably because she’s really that smart to understand her situation and be stressed about it. Tuberculosis can definitely end her. And it seems she has it for quite a while now. Her breath started getting heavier than before and so was their atmosphere. She let out a last sigh, “I want to live longer. I want to experience middle school and high school, college and…maybe try to fall with the person whom I will truly love. Myungsoo oppa, what about your story? It’s my first time to see you around.” Looking at Myungsoo with her beautiful eyes, it hurts the boy to see that such a pure little girl would be suffering from a sickness.
“I’m just a new kid,” he blatantly lied. “Well, for me, I’m also a sick person. I’m going to an end soon. But then I met you,” he continued with a smile, looking straight in Suzy’s eyes. “Maybe I’d like to spend more time with you and be with you when you find that special someone.”
It seemed like a confession, but Myungsoo didn’t care. He intently looked at Suzy as she let a little teardrop trail her cheek. He reached her face and wiped away the girl’s teardrop with his thumb.
Then it hit him. He wants to fight, too. He wanted to live longer, make more friends, experience new things, finish school and inherit his family’s company…with Suzy by his side.
Myungsoo has already fallen in love with her. 
After that, just like adults, they continued their talk of life.
 
2012, September 30
“OPPA! Stop pinching my cheeks! It hurts!” Suzy whined. She flicked the man’s hand off of her face and spun around to fix her uniform. “Geez, you’re already twenty-one, Myungsoo oppa.” Suzy started to walk away.
The male ran to catch up, still teasing the younger.
He couldn’t help it. It became a hobby after he came back from America for his treatment. Suzy was fine with it since she realized that he became a lot livelier and more glowing. That alone made her three years of waiting worth it. And another four years until the two of them confessed their love for one another. And currently, they’re both healthy.
“Jagiya, I have to go somewhere later. Will you be okay to go home by yourself?”
“Oh, is that so? Let me see.” Suzy tapped her chin. “I’m currently in college and I’m eighteen… Oh, no! I can’t go home by myself! I might get lost and some guy might give me a candy then force me to come with him!” She rolled her eyes then whispered, “Stupid oppa...”
“I’m just worried! What’s wrong with you?” He frowned. Suzy just shrugged in annoyance. She wouldn’t answer that question until her plan is a success. She knows it’s wrong to suspect him but she’s been having a bad feeling for the past few days. Whenever she asks where he’s going, he’d say that at a family member’s home but she couldn’t believe it. Come on, who would when the only family she knows he has in South Korea, is his mother?
He sighed, “I’m sorry for shouting. Take care of yourself, okay?” Suzy watched him walk away after planting a kiss on her forehead. Now, her secret mission starts!
 
A MALE florist greeted him with a smile. They chatted like friends as if they have known each other for a long time. He was obviously getting a special treatment as to cut off the line.
At Suzy’s position, she could clearly see him give details of the bouquet he was ordering and the florist nodding at his niceties. It could be for anyone –a relative, a sick friend…and for another girl he’s cheating Suzy with. Realizing this, Suzy felt a sharp stinging in her chest. She tried to hold back her tears by biting her lower lip. “It’s still unconfirmed,” she positively thought
In a short time, he came out of the flower shop with a distressed figure. He looked down so suddenly making Suzy very confused.
 
2012, October 1
“GOOD morning, jagiya!” he greeted Suzy at her doorstep. It was Korean Thanksgiving Day and just like every year for the past four years, they would go to the male’s glorious mansion to celebrate. Suzy greeted him back with a sleepy face. She was a panda, a cuter and kinder term to describe her. But she looks like more of a zombie overall. She looked like she had a lot in her mind last night, which she did. Nevertheless, she will always be beautiful in his eye, that’s for sure. And knowing Suzy for seven long years, he’s sure that she wouldn’t like it if he’ll poke fun at her appearance. He patted Suzy’s head then smiled. “Omma is anticipating you!” They rode in his Porsche and drove to their mansion. He tried focus on the road but couldn’t help to glance now and then at Suzy.
“I love you oppa…,” Suzy whispered affectionately. She tried to look fine to him by curling up her lips into a smile. He knew that she still wasn’t okay but still replied that he loves her more. He really wanted to know what was wrong. He decided to speed up to arrive home soon thinking that her mother would know what to do.
Just then, Suzy spoke up again. “Oppa, I’m the only one you love, right?” she searched his eyes for sincere answer, an answer that will calm the irregular pulsating of her heart. She restrained her tears. She doesn’t want to cry in pain anymore.
“What are you saying, Bae Suzy?” he frowned. They’ve been over this the day they confessed to each other. “I’ve love you since we were kids, I love only you and you will always be the only one in my heart!” He sighed then tried harder to focus with his driving.
“Myungsoo oppa!” Suzy shrieked.
 
2012, October 10
“HAPPY birthday Suzy… I love you… I’m always here. Wake up already…”
“Myungsoo oppa?” Suzy groaned. Slowly, she slowly pried her eyes open only to be blinded by the arrays of white light. She called Myungsoo once more. A skinny figure of a lady walked towards her and smiled, “Good morning Ms. Bae. I will call Mrs. Kim for you. Just lie down and relax. She’ll be here in a minute.”
Shortly, the said woman –Mrs. Kim– came to Suzy’s room and went straight beside her. She congratulated her on her birthday. After making sure that the young lady was fine, she started explaining things on how she ended up in a hospital.
“Where’s Myungsoo oppa?” The question made the old lady froze. She sighed as she closed her eyes. It made Suzy nervous, very nervous that she wished she didn’t ask that. But she has to know.
Mrs. Kim finally looked at Suzy with softer eyes. As much as she wanted to hold back her tears, she couldn’t. “I’m sorry. Myungsoo is long gone, Suzy,” she sobbed.
“What do you mean he’s long gone?”
“He passed away! He’s not coming back!” Mrs. Kim screamed. She couldn’t take it and started spatting out words Suzy never imagine she would say. “Myungsoo, my son died! He won’t come back! He won’t…even if I replace him with another one. Jongin still left me!”
“He was just here a while ago. He was beside me,” Suzy informed. “He’s not dead.” She chuckled as if she didn’t understand what the older one has said.
Mrs. Kim stood up after a moment of gawking at the pale skinned girl. “Suzy, Myungsoo is dead. He died seven years ago.” Another set of tears flowed on her cheeks as she started to unravel the truth behind ‘Myungsoo’s’ persona. “I’m sorry, but as much as I want to believe he’s still alive like you, he isn’t. Please accept this.”
 
2012, October 14
AFTER recovering from her small injuries, Suzy was discharged from the hospital by her family. She was lost for a couple of days. She was always dazing and doesn’t have an appetite. She wanted further information about Myungsoo and the other ‘Myungsoo’. And Mrs. Kim was back to herself, also slightly recovered from the accident, she explained a lot to Suzy in the kindest way.
 
SUZY stood in front of a tombstone. It was Kim Myungsoo’s. As Mrs. Kim has said, he died seven years ago. He died in America and was buried in Korea. Beside it read, ‘Kim Jongin’ –Myungsoo’s cousin whose parents died when he was still a baby– and he died on October 1, 2012.
“I was fooled.” Suzy couldn’t help but cry in pain. She loosened her grip on the end of her black t-shirt and wiped her tears.
Suzy cried as she thought of their childhood memories, the moment they first met. She cried as she remembered the time they’ll be apart for long, as she remembered the time they met again, as she remembered the sweet feeling of having been confessed by him and she cried as she remembered it wasn’t Myungsoo who she spent most of the happiness with.
 
“MY, MY, I look really beautiful,” Suzy beamed at her reflection. She was beautiful –wearing her hair in a ponytail with big curls, elegant make-up, a silver-black halter back cocktail gown and maroon pumps– but with no particular occasion to be one.
Suzy sighed, “I love you Myungsoo oppa. I’m sorry, I loved another man. I didn’t know…” Then a smile formed on her lips. She grabbed a bottle of sleeping pills, “It was divine intervention, huh? -How stupid.” As a teardrop left her eye, she managed to swallow most of the pills into .
There’s no turning back time, so Suzy decided to move forward…though, her destination wasn’t certain to be by Myungsoo’s side.
 
The End
 

 

Ta-dah!
I hope you liked it... >____<
I'm sorry for some grammar mistakes and for some typos.
And other parts of the story that you may not like.
But hey, I'm the author here! ;P
Comments are appreciated! Constructive critcisms too!
Thank you~
 
DO NOT PLAGIARIZE! :)
-- ILoveRappers1104