He's Gone...

He's Gone (One -shot)

 

 

_______ trudged inside the apartment, kicking the door close on the way.

“Ya! Yoon Doojoon! Get your out here right now!”

________ placed her heavy bag & mountain of files on the couch. She turned to face the hallway, crossed her arms & started tapping her foot. After about 5mins of doing just that, she stormed into the bedroom cause clearly a certain someone was not coming down that hallway anytime soon.

_______ slammed the door open, revealing a messy bed with an equally messy-looking Doojoon. She walked over & stared at her boyfriend. She then reached over his head carefully to grab a pillow.

_______ braced herself. She swung the pillow above her head as high as she could to get maximum impact & as the pillow swooped down, a hand yanked the pillow forward, pulling the _______ down with it.

“Eeeeep!”

_______ looked up & saw her boyfriend grinning smugly at her. She tried to stand back up but his arms were wrapped around her waist. She wiggled, squirmed, pushed, shoved but he was just too strong.

Doojoon, on the other hand, was enjoying watching his girlfriend’s failed efforts. It was cute. After a few more attempts, he felt ______ lax against his body. Contented with the way they were, Doojoon snuggled his face in her neck.

“ Doojoon-ah~ It’s ticklish~ *giggles* ”

Doojoon squirmed his nose up & down ______’s neck.

“ Doojoon oppa~ *giggles* Stop! *giggles* ”

He rolled them over so that now he was on top. He looked down & smiled adoringly at _______. He pushed her bangs to the side then lightly pecked her lips. _______ blushed a light shade of pink.

“Don’t think I’ll forgive you just like that~” _______ scrunched her nose & pouted her lips in protest.

“I’m sorry baby~”

“Don’t baby me! Do you know how hard it was, carrying all those stupid files? And it was raining!! Next time, I’m not fetching you!” _______ grumbled then lightly hit Doojoon’s chest.

“I’m sorry~ I was doing work at home. Then, I took a nap at about 5 . I guess I was so tired I just couldn’t wake up in time~ I’m reallyyy sorry _______~”

_______ raised an eyebrow at her lover, thinking of whether she should forgive him. He didn’t do it on purpose & he was tired~

_______ reached up & smoothed down Doojoon’s bed hair.

“It’s ok~ Jiyong gave me a ride home anyways…”

“Wait?! So you had a ride home?!!”

“Yeah…” _______ stated while tracing the outline of Doojoon’s eyes. Her finger then traced downwards to his nose, her eyes following suit.

“No wonder you’re not wet! Well, lucky you then!” Doojoon said. He was relieved that _______ hadn’t had to go home alone.

“I would’ve rather gone home with you…” _______ whispered out as she now traced his lips, a smile forming on them. She looked up at him, smiling as well. “Why are you smiling?”

“Just cause….”

Doojoon leaned down & captured _______’s lips in an innocent kiss. Slowly, his mouth started moving against hers. She followed his lead & when she felt his tongue tracing her bottom lip, she gladly granted him access. Their heated kiss went on until their need for air mounted.

Doojoon pulled away slightly, their noses still touching.

“I love you~”

“I love you too Doojoonie~”

That night, like every other night, _______ slept, curled up against Doojoon. His arm protectively wrapped around her body. Her face buried deep in his chest, his smell overwhelming her senses. His heartbeat, lulling her to sleep. Nothing could be more perfect.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The next day ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

*Boy I like the way you Talk Talk (Talk Talk)

nae gwitgae ssok ssok (ssok ssok)

dalkomhage Tok Tok (Tok Tok)

malhaejullae Love Love (Love Love)

Ma baby boo (Just wanna love you girl )*

 

_______ cracked her eyes open. She reached over the bedside table & grabbed her phone.

“Crap! I’m late for work!”

_______ hurriedly got out of bed & raced to the bathroom. After she got dressed, she ran to the kitchen to make coffee. She noticed a folded paper on the counter.

 

‘Baby, good morning! Here’s your morning kissss *chuk*

Sorry I wasn’t there when you woke up, had to rush to work today!

I’ll see you later, k?

 

I. Love. You.

Doojoon’

 

________ smiled against the cup as she read the note. Once she got everything, she headed out.

*Today’s my birthday! I can’t wait to spend it with Doojoon oppa later!* _______ thought excitedly on the way to work.

The day went by in a flash. Just as the clock strike 7, _______ zoomed out of the office. She rushed home, totally psyched to celebrate her special day with the guy she loves.

“Doojoonie oppa~” _______ called out as she closed the door. She walked into the dark apartment. She settled her things down on the counter. “Doojoon –ah~”

_______ walked to the bedroom. It was weirdly neat. The bed was done, strangely looking like no one’s slept on it for a long time. There were boxes stacked against the walls. _______ walked over to the boxes & opened the top one. It was filled with Doojoon’s things. His clothes, his work, his belongings, everything. _______ was beyond confused. She whipped out her phone & dialed his no.

‘*ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring* The number you have dialed is no longer available.’

She tried calling Junhyung, Doojoong’s best friend.

“Junhyung oppa~ Do you know where Doojoon oppa is? We were supposed to meet at the apartment to celebrate my birthday but he’s not here. I tried calling him bu….”

“_______! What are you talking about? He…Doojoon’s.. gone ______-ah~”

“----------silence---------- Haha! Nice prank on my birthday! If you see Doojoon oppa, tell him to call me ok? Bye!”

“Wait! _______-ah!….”

_______ flipped her phone close. Suddenly, she heard the front door close. She ran out & saw Doojoon walking.

“Doojoon oppa~”

He didn’t turn around. He didn’t stop walking either. _______ started running.

“Doojoon oppa~ Doojoon-ah! Oppa! Stop! Where are you going?!”

No matter how fast she ran, she couldn’t catch up with him. Slowly, his figure began drifting away from sight.

“Doojoon!”

He disappeared. He was… gone.

“Doojoon oppa! Doojoon oppa!! DOOJOON!!!!”

_______ sprung up from the bed. Her vision cleared & she could see her parents, her brother, her friends, Junhyung but not Doojoon.

“Omma! Where’s Doojoon oppa? Why isn’t he here?”

Her mother froze, not knowing how to answer her daughter.

_______ turned to her dad, asking the same thing. He too was at a loss for words. Finally, she turned to Junhyung.

“Junhyung oppa~ Where’s Doojoon? I know you know where he is! Tell me!”

“_______-ah~ You should rest first. We’ll get the doc…”

“No! I want to see Doojoon!! Let me see him!”

“Doojoon…. He…”

“WHAT?! Where is he!!!?!”

“He… He’s gone…. I’m sorry…”

_______ stared at Junyung like he was crazy.

“I…. I don’t understand. What do you mean… he’s gone? He’s probably at home… right? Right?!”

“_______~ He’s gone…. Don’t you remember?”

“Remember…. what?” _______’s voice had started to quiver. Her tears were now streaming down her face.

“The accident….”

“Ac-cident…?”

Suddenly, _______’s head started throbbing in pain. She palmed her head, screaming in agony. Images of that day, the bright light flasing, the car, the accident were flashing in her mind. The last thing she saw before she fainted was Doojoon’s bloody face, telling her he loved her.

_______ awoke that night. She sat up & blinked her eyes several times, adjusting them to the darkness. She made out what seemed to be Junhyung, sitting in the corner of the room. _______ slowly got up, detached the wires connected to her & walked out of the room.

It was as if a bubble had surrounded her. She could only here the deafening silence. Even in her dazed state, she managed to sneak home. It took a while as her energy was drained but she got there, she got home.

_______ cautiously walked towards the bedroom & just like in her dream, it was tidy. The bed was made & untouched & there were boxes at a corner of the room. She opened them, hoping to god that what was inside wasn’t what she knew to be. But it was.

Doojoon’s papers & files. Doojoon’s toothbrush. Doojoon’s clothes. Doojoon’s pictures. They were all there.

_______ reached in & pulled out a picture of Doojoon smiling at the camera while making a heart with his hands. She turned it around.

 

‘I’ll always love you, _______

 

I. Love. You.

Doojoon’

 

_______’s tears poured out. She hugged the picture to her chest. Suddenly, _______ heard the front door open. She quickly got up & ran outside.

“Doojoon oppa!”

_______ stopped dead in her tracks. That’s when it hit her. He was really gone. He’s never walking through those doors again.

“_______-ah~”

“Junhyung oppa~ He’s gone~”

Junhyung walked over & embraced her. _______ clutched onto Junhyung’s shirt tightly.

“He’s gone~”

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Author's Notes

 

1) When _______ was unconscious/dreaming, everything happened for reals from when she first came home to the part where she went home ONLY. From the part where it was dark, bed was made, boxes stacked were all a dream, or a weird sense of the actual reality/premonition. The things she dreamt (the real part) was what happened the day before & that day before they were in the accident.

 

That was basically all that I wanted to clear up! Haha I thought there was more! Lol^^

I hope you guys like this sad one shot!

I cried while writing it! TwT Which is lame! Haha

Please subscribe if you like this story! THANK YOU!

Love & Thank you for the support!