TARGET 1 = Pop Tarts And Elevator Mishaps

No, I Think You're My Target Instead

 

 

 

TARGET 1 = Pop Tarts And Elevator Mishaps 

 

Third Person POV

Applause and cheers rang throughout the conference room. The five-membered girl group bowed and left the small stage and went back to their previous seats.

WM entertainment is currently having one of their monthly “meetings”. This company is strict (evident by B1A4’s over one hour non-stop punishment in their trainee days) and makes sure that their artists stay on the good side of the media without any rumors going around. But when it comes to music, they’re very lively and they let them be themselves. And so, whenever they hold the monthly meeting, there would be series of performances from a few groups and they get on to the serious business.

“Thank you for that wonderful performance, Monday Morning!” everyone clapped once again as the company’s head spoke up as the MC. He sat down at the end of the very long table.

“I have a big announcement to make that involves every single one of you.”

Everyone paled.

“It’s a very delightful news, actually, and it’s also been confirmed.”

Almost everyone in the room heaved sighs of relief. Good. It’s unlike last month’s news. That incident was just plain horrible. After processing the words once again, their ears perked up.

“I’m sure you’ve heard of.. J-Pop?”

They nodded their heads.

He smiled. “Good then. There’s this company called ‘Orbits’, does any of you know who they are?”

“They’re the ones who has hold of the girl group, ‘Sundae Sundae,’” CNU said.

He nodded. “That’s right. Also a lot of new and upcoming artists are signed there. We talked a bit and seeing that both of us are being viewed as ‘rookies’ by other bigger companies with more performers that are internationally renowned, we decided to make a project together.” He grinned seeing the shocked faces. “Next month, we will hold a mash-up concert where the paired artists will have to perform their original collaboration song!”

A beat.

Excited chatters came about. “EH?! Is this for real?!” “We’re going to be working with Japanese singers?!” “K-pop mixed with J-pop?” “How are we going to speak to them?” “I wonder who our partner will be!”

“Settle down, everyone. The details such as the performance, training, the place, and language will be discussed later on. For now.. We’ve chosen to whom you’re signed to.” The co-president spoke up for the first time throughout the whole meeting. A few people began handing out different colored envelopes to each group’s leader or individual singers. He directed their attentions to him. “The name of the group or soloist you’ll be working with is entitled in the envelope you have received.”

“1, 2, 3!”

Swish!

Jinyoung swiftly opened the envelope and read the bright orange card with yellow writing.

“Sundae Sundae,” Sandeul read aloud. “Sundae…. Sundae.” he repeated.

We got Sundae Sundae?!” Baro said. “That’s awesome!”

“YEAH!” they cheered, high-fiving each other.

“I GOT ‘TURBULENT TORNADO’?!” they looked at the female soloist, “Payne”, who shouted loudest. “Oops! Sorry!” She squeaked, squirming when seeing all eyes on her.

 

……

 

Everyone laughed.

“You got double T! That’s so cool!” a girl from Monday Morning squealed.

“But won’t Sundae Sundae be better off with Monday Morning?” Shinwoo whispered.

“Maybe they want to try something new..?” Sandeul piped in. “After all, they’re pairing up more than 10 artists from 2 entertainment companies with 2 different concepts from 2 different countries with 2 different styles and 2 different languages.”

“It’s hard to get crazier than that,”

“Actually, today we will be having special guests which includes the core of the companies, two representatives for the artists and two of their trainees. That way, you can all share experiences, even the trainees can talk about how similar or how different the training is. Oh, and we will be giving final details of the project in a few hours. Be sure to keep your workplace tidy,

“Tidy? … It just got crazier than the previous announcement,”

“Wait a minute.. A surprise visit? Doesn’t that mean..?”

“Oh no.”

“GET YOUR ASSES INTO THE TRAINING ROOMS!!!”

They didn’t question that sentence at all before dashing out of the room.

 

Jinyoung’s POV

It’s hectic. Everyone is trying to look good for our guests. They said that B1A4 would be observed first. In return, we might go to Japan to observe them. Unless they already did do that without telling us. Aish.

“This is just whack! I mean like really whack. I can’t speak Japanese!”

“I know! Me neither. God, I hope they know Korean.”

“Argh! Who the hell in their right mind would mix K-pop with J-pop?”

I heard the voices of two girl trainees talk as they passed by our private studio.

“I agree with you!” Baro said, butting in the conversation and effectively making us laugh. Shinwoo and I tried to scold him… Didn’t work too well when we laughed along.

The two trainees turned to the open doorway and gaped at us, just realizing it’s our studio, before bowing and apologizing.

“Eh? You don’t have to do that! It’s okay!” Sandeul said and laughed.

“A-ah.. But we disturbed you. We shouldn’t have talked so loudly,”

“And so rudely.” The other added.

I waved it off. “It’s fine. You’re acting like we’re your superiors or something.”

“But we are their superiors,”

I tried to glare at our rapper before throwing a pillow from my seat at him. Currently, I’m sitting on my spinning chair, Sandeul on the armchair and the other three on the couch next to the mini fridge.

The trainees looked at each other, nodded, and bowed to us again before hurrying to leave.

“I’m so hungry..” Channie sighed.

“Me too!” Sandeul groaned, holding his hungry stomach before dramatically raising the back of his hand to his forehead.

“Do we still have our emergency food supply?” Gongchan asked.

Baro opened the mini fridge next to him and “magically” pulled out 5 bags of Pop Tarts.

“Thank you, Pop Tarts!!” Sandeul shouted, lunging for the treat.. And ended up smacking his face in a pillow that Baro pulled out.

“Oops. My hand slipped,”

“Jinyoung hyung~!” Sandeul whined.

I sighed before glancing with our maknae. We pretty much pounced at the other members. Fun times.

"POP TARTS!!"

"Hyung!"

"Channie!! Gimmee the pop tart!" 

"Sandeulliee, you're squishing my foot!" 

"MY PRECIOUUSSS!!!"

"If there's five, and there's five, why can't we just divide it equally?!?!" 

"NO!!" 

"IT'S ALL MINEE!!!" 

"OW! My ear!!" 

"Dude, your feet stinks!" 

"HEEYY!! THAT HURTS!!"

"STOP I-"

“Ahem.”

We all looked up.

....

1 guy and 2 girls

....

Dear God..

They’re here.

 

Mayuki’s POV

This whole day just keeps getting weirder and weirder. I don’t know what it’s like to become an idol but if it were this spontaneous, I would seriously doubt my choices when I was little. This morning, I got a call from my vocal trainer saying to start memorizing the lines for Kana Nishino’s ‘Go For It!!’. That’s an easy task considering I’m a big fan of hers. And I've also performed it once in middle school. Anyway.. The company had an emergency meeting. They said we’re gonna do a collaboration project… With K-Pop artists.

The news’ impact was big. It caused uproar. There were a few objections. I’m pretty cool with anything they give me. I’m actually a bit excited because the trainees will also be taking part for showcasing. But I also said I didn’t want to do it.

Two reasons: 1) It’s hard working with someone that uses a completely different language than yours and 2) they will be holding a concert.

I know that I’m supposed to be happy that I get to show off what I’m made off on stage where famous people with big influences in the music industry and also a wide range of connections are going to be watching and/or performing. But I didn’t want to have my debut on stage just like that with so many other singers that are better than me and would most likely overshadow me. I want to come unannounced. I don’t want small teasers about me. I want to suddenly appear on stage where no one knows what’s going on. I would finish the song and introduce myself. That’s what I want.

But as a trainee, I don’t have much of a say in this. I can only smile and nod like the good little girl I am. They call me “Beautiful Angel”. The word Angel comes from the fact that I act all innocent – or at least look innocent and beautiful is there simply because that word goes with Angel.

Anyway, that’s not the most surprising thing. They actually let me wear a t-shirt and hoodie with only wireless headphones as my accessory. I still had to wear a skirt and knee-length socks though. Oh well, these socks are my favorite pair anyway. Then I wore my high-top sneakers and let my hair down naturally. By naturally, I mean with only 5 seconds of brushing. Heck, they let me brought along my DS!

I packed up my laptop, chargers and a spare change of clothes though. I have a feeling that I’d need all these. I was right. My dance trainer pushed me inside the van. Then, they said we were going to South Korea.

These guys are nuts!

We arrived at the airport, had lunch, went straight to WM entertainment, and now here we are. I was one of the two trainees picked. Well, they said two but there are three of us. Maybe they changed it? Oh well. Then for the debuted artists are two of the company’s top groups, “Sundae Sundae” and “Turbulent Tornado” or just call them Double T. Now, believe me when I say this, I think a lot of Korean guys in those boy bands look really good (and I almost never say that) and people would say K-pop bands are hotter than J-pop bands but Double T is filled with really good-looking guys. But they’re very loud (albeit funny) and very odd.

“Terushima-san,”

I looked up from my DS and saw that everyone was already in the elevator and currently waiting on me. Oops.

I ran inside. Then.. Elevator music. I’ve wanted to use my headphones, currently around my neck, again but I think that would be a bit rude. .. Is this Beethoven? Wait.. This is Rihanna’s song. Who the hell would use one of Rihanna’s songs ("remixed" into the "calm version" or what we "youngsters" call boring) for an office elevator? And the fact that we’re all crammed together doesn’t really make it all too good.

“What is up with the music?”

“Oh nana, what’s my name?~”

We all turned to the right and gave a “what the hell” look.

“Akihisa-kun,” Aira, a Sundae member, started. “I know you have a.. Unique voice. But maybe you should save the talent for later.”

Akihisa Teru, the offender of that voice, also known as the rapper of double T, pouted. "I didn't ask you!" He turned to look at me. “What’s your name, again?”

Akira, double T’s vocalist and lead dancer, smacked him on the back of the head. The girls giggled. “She’s Mayuki, idiot!”

“Oh, right! The girl who’s famous for singing Kana Nishino’s songs over and over again!”

I sighed and scratched the back of my head, nodding exasperatedly. Aira-senpai gave me a sympathetic look. I should probably say that Aira-nee and Akira-san are twins. Very violent twins. 

“So, Yuki-chan! – Oh, is it okay if I call you that?”

“Don’t act so close with her when you couldn’t even remember her name a minute ago!”

“Why is this elevator ride taking so long?” Kaius, the other trainee, muttered under his breath. I pitied him; he was such a quiet boy. Sarcastic, a smartass, and downright evil, but quiet and is much less annoying (when he doesn't speak) than any other guys. I sighed. Again. For the umpteenth time today. I’m just glad that our bosses are taking another elevator. I wonder why a 5-membered girl group, a 7-membered boy band, and 3 trainees get cramped up in one lift that fits only 12 people. Us trainees should’ve just gone with another batch instead.

“So, Yuki-chan, do you think I should sing now?”

“As much as I’d love to hear your voice,” I glanced at the floor number. “I think we’ll be arriving soon-“ wait. “Is that.. Hey, did anyone notice..? Look at thThe floor number. Does it say 1?”

We looked at each other.

“Didn’t any of you..?”

“I thought you already did!”

“I couldn’t reach it, so I asked him to press it!”

We looked at the offender.

“AKIRAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

And burst out laughing.

Isn’t our company’s artists just lovely? Although.. No matter how chaotic yet funny the elevator incident was.. I still couldn’t help but to wonder exactly why I, along with Kaius and, the third trainee, Aiko, am looking at the supposedly “top” group from WM entertainment, fighting for pop tarts with pillows around them.

"Ahem." Kaius faked a cough. 

Everything went silent. 

We all stared at each other for a moment.

A pop tart fell from this one guy.

Awkward.

Excuse me.. But who are you?” a redhead asked in Japanese.

Orbit’s trainees..” me.

Who are you?” Kaius.

B1A4.” 

For the first time, Aiko finally did something noticeable. She just raised her camera. Then a bright flash.

SNAP!

And that is how we met B1A4.

Charming for a love story, isn't it?

 

 

 

LOL!! I forgot to actually post the first chappie~! (too used to fanfiction >w<) So I decided to make it longer XD Anyway.. A few notes here and there~

-san = -sshi

Senpai= Sunbae

Kohai= Dongsaeng

Onii-san = Oppa/Hyung

Onee-san = Unni/Nuna

-chan (girls) / -kun (boys) = -ah

 

Oh! And for future references=

Korean

Japanese

'Thoughts' (when in 3 person POV)

En​glish (if I ever use it)

Thanks for reading~! Constructive criticisms are welcomed!