1

Look After You

 

word count: 1,000 +

summary: Chanyeol wants to tell Baekhyun what he truly feels but sweet moments always make him forget about his plans.

paring: Baekhyun x Chanyeol / BaekYeol 

genre: romance ; comedy

1/1 

 

The electricity finally went back after 10 minutes. But to Chanyeol, it felt like an eternity. He heaved up a sigh when the light flickered open and brightness suddenly filled the room. Baekhyun closed his laptop and went up his bunk to the comfort of his own soft pillows and his warm yellow blanket.

“Tell them I’m tired and needed to rest a little bit earlier.” Baekhyun said to Chanyeol. "Just wait for them if you want."

Chanyeol did as he said. He stayed at the kitchen surfing through the channels. His eyes were on the television but his mind was still focused on Baekhyun. He recalled how perfectly his hand entwined with his. Sure it felt a bit off at first but he eventually relaxed. That’s what he hates to love about Baekhyun; he could make him feel at ease without really trying and could turn him into an awkward accident prone wreck the next. He puts up his feet on the table and slowly tries to sleep.

Back at the room Baekhyun wasn’t spared from the thoughts of being in love. He was completely head over heels for Chanyeol but he knew that it wouldn’t work. First, there’s the no relationship policy at SM Entertainment and second, He knew well that Park Chanyeol did not have any romantic feelings toward him. Yes, he was sweet around Baekhyun but that’s Chanyeol.

He was sweet around everyone.

The rest of the K members arrived at the dorm around 2am. Suho annoyingly looked for the keys inside his backpack.

“You should’ve taken it out when we were in the van.” Kai muttered.

He glared at the boy before going back to finding the keys to the dorm. “I fell asleep, Jongin. And don’t even try to knock, the two are probably sleeping. Remember what I told you about dorm –“

“Dorm rule number eight: When you go home late NEVER knock. You should be responsible enough to have brought your keys with you when you left. Disrupting the other members sleep is a serious violation and would lead to a one week penalty of washing Sehun’s underwear.”

Sehun’s eyes widen. “Really?”

Kai rolls his eyes and finally, they were able to get inside. The members immediately retire to their rooms to change. Kyungsoo automatically falls asleep without washing up.

“Let’s take a photo and post it online.” Sehun said by the door. The maknae wore nothing but a pair of boxers and a gray wife beater. He was eating a bowl of fresh fruit that Kyungsoo always left for him in the fridge just in case he got hungry in the middle of the night.

The laughter was interrupted by a loud snore. Sehun looked over his shoulder. Chanyeol’s mouth was wide open, his feet on top of the table. The curious maknae tiptoed and whispered a ‘boo’ into his ear. Chanyeol shot up and looked around groggily. “What!? Wait, where…”

Sehun almost dropped his bowl of fruit. He leaned at the side of the couch covering his mouth with his hand. Suho marched out into the living room and breaks into a fit of laughter.

“Can you two stop!” Suho bellowed at the youngest one. “This will reach our manager“

Sehun scurried over to the leader’s side. “bbuing bbuing.” He teased. “Nah, hyung. I’m hitting the sack. Please watch the bowl of fruit for me.” He said when he handed over his bowl to Suho. He walked to the kitchen to and soaped up Sehun’s fruit bowl. “I know you’re there, Chanyeol. Any problems?”

The tall boy pulled up the chair and sat there while his hyung was busy at the sink. “It’s you know who.”

You Know Who.

The oh so secret codename for Byun Baekhyun. Suho was the only one Chanyeol really talked about serious stuff aka his feelings for the bacon.

It was evident in his voice that he was frustrated. It was 10x harder because both of them lived together, ate together and did almost anything together. Chanyeol couldn’t keep it in any longer.

Suho sat opposite of him and started giving him ‘fatherly’ advice which Chanyeol later brushes off saying that Suho has never been in a relationship or has confessed to anyone yet.

The abused leader headed back to his room with so much annoyance for his band members. But Chanyeol knew that he would quickly forget it in the morning. He was, grandpa Joonmyun after all.

Chanyeol opened the door slowly to his shared room with Baekhyun, the boy was already asleep on his bunk. Chanyeol could hear him muttering like a cute puppy. Baekhyun always did that when he was asleep. Chanyeol climbs up the ladder to Baekhyun’s bed just to check if he really was asleep. The light from Baekhyun’s small lamp did not seem to bother him at all, he was already deep in sleep. Chanyeol inched his face closer, staring at Baekhyun’s fine features and admiring them for a little while.

“stop pulling off an Edward Cullen and go to sleep.”

Chanyeol quickly gets down of the ladder and onto the lower bunk.

That was stupid, Chanyeol.

He thought. Chanyeol wanted his blankets to swallow him up. Their small closet should lead to Narnia and he was actually considering on trying to fit in and never come out. How the heck would he face Baekhyun now. Everything repeated in his mind. Great. Now he wouldn’t be able to sleep.

“Edward Cullen, really?” he mustered up to say.

“Yup. You thought I was asleep right?”

Chanyeol in his breath. “Yeah. I did I was just about to turn off your stupid night light.”

Baekhyun was still awake. Wide awake to be exact. The reason why he wasn’t in dreamland yet was only underneath his bunk.

“Don’t be silly. I can’t sleep without you.” He replied to Chanyeol. “I wanted to call you back but you were too busy watching the Llama documentary on television. So I decided not to bother you.”

“Really?”

“Yes. Now that you’re here, I’m getting sleepy. Do me a favour and don’t talk anymore okay?”

“Of course. Goodnight Baek.”