Final

Letting Go My Best Thing

 

AUTHOR'S POV

"Hey I've been looking for you." Wayne said as he walked closer .

"Why would you?You could plan your wedding without me." Elle replied as she breathed heavily the cold breeze that lurks around the garden.  She is starting to get bitter as the day of the wedding comes.

She forced a smile.

"True,but you look unhappy though." He smirked.

She gulped. Is that very much obvious?

"Of course,My only bestfriend will be married." She said while looking down at her own bare feet. 

What she said is not a lie either, Wayne is her only most treasured bestfriend.

"Don't worry with your looks you'll find one." He said more than serious as he pinched her rosy cheeks.

It was just a few weeks ago where in He simply knocked at their door telling the good news or either considered bad news for Elle. He will be married to Chantelle.

She can't helped but sighed repeatedly. Once those vows are said;Once the rings are exchanged;Once they kissed on the altar.  Elle's life would be ruined.

Simply because He is her life.

She feel so pathetic . Shouldn't a bestfriend be proud and congratulate him?

"I Hope So.." Elle replied shortly. 

"Why don't you go outside and help Mrs.Tyson-to-be?" Laughing forcefully,trying to look happy.

He pulled her into hug."You don't need to be sad, Even though I'm not always still by your side you can always ring your phone if you need help." He cooed

Her eyes began to fill with glimmering tears. She tried so hard so that it wouldn't slip away. She savoured the moment hugging him back.

Couldn't she tell him that she loved her since from the start and beg not to be married to Chantelle?

"And if you don't pick up, I'll kill you."

And with that they pulled away and laughed whole heartedly.

"I have to sleep now. Wait for me for the wedding alright?" Elle made up an excuse.

"Better be, I don't want you to look so ugly on my wedding day missy." He replied smiling.

She snorted and playfully slap his chest. " 'ight Goodnight Wayne,Sleep Well."

 

                                                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as she reached her room . Her tears like the waterfall,glistened her eyes and cheeks,like a little pool of sorrows. Pain and Regret lumped inside of her.

"I know I should have tell him from the start." Elle muttered to herself as her hands clutched on her chest. Feeling her own heartbeat that is still beating for Wayne.

Tears continuously flowed down her cheeks every ounce resembled the anger she felt towards herself. 

Without her knowing she fell asleep with her heavy emotions and thoughts surrounding the atmosphere of her room.

 

 

There was a soft knock on the door. Repeated over a multiple times when it was decided that he should enter even without nobody's permission.

He sat at the right side of bed of Elle. Her gazed settled on the person who had been sleeping. His gaze was distracted by the wind that blew hard on the window that was left unclosed.

"Hey Elle, You should be happy I'm getting married. But I just want to say this even though you are asleep. Not really listening to what I am saying. I just realized that I really loved you. I know that we belong to each other since from the start. Aren't you my mate?" He chuckled.

" I want this wedding to be cancelled if i know that you have the same feelings towards me. Too bad I feel you haven't even single one.You see me as you're big brother right? . I want to be selfish and ran away with you on my side but I just can't you might loving someone by now. I know you will find someone who is better than me. Someone who will fight for the Love the feeling he had with you.I promise as much as possible I will still keep in touch in you.  I Love You,always keep that in mind." He looked at her longing for her eyes to open,Longing for her to say something Longing for her heartbeat. 

He is crying. He felt the warm of the salty tear that is running down to his cheeks. He leaned forward to kiss the lips of her beloved that he hoped one day would be his.

 

---------

It's almost 12 noon when the sun's ray decided to wake Elle. She groaned in frustration. 

It's HIS wedding day.


She turned at her back as she felt her phone vibrating.

"Hello?" 

"Yah!Where are you?it's about an hour since the wedding will start! Wayne has been looking for you!" My bestfriend Damien 

"Ayoo~ I'm up I'm up. See you." I said and hung up

I don't want to go...

My body is betraying me. I quickly got up and took a nice warm shower.

I wear the bridesmaid dress. It is color white that has beadings from the chest down to my mid thighs. 

I sighed again and apply a light make up. I don't need to be attractive right? It's not my wedding.

Unfortunately.

I quickly got the invitation that has a cute red ribbon wrapped around it's length. 

 

By the time I was there it was almost starting.

Wayne's faced instantly lit up when he had seen me or is it just me?

I quickly mouthed Him a Hello and took a seat. 

That's the time I realized I shouldn't go. The pain of me seeing him bow to another girl shattered my heart into pieces .

I took a glance at Wayne And Chantelle. They look like a happy couple. Fitted to be with each other . Her hands fitted exactly at his like it was meant to be fitted for each other.

I can't look at this anymore.

I carefully run away from the church wherein my beloved's wedding is occurring. 

The skies turned melancholic gray. Drops of water splashed my nose and before I could wash it away another one and another one fell again. ----- The skies are crying.

Even the heavens knew how I was feeling at that exact moment. He and I spent a lifetime together, and watching him leave me like this was too much for my heart to bear.

 

Soon enough I couldn't tell if the wetness on my face was merely the rain or my tears

 I hadn't realized until now the depth of my feelings, but it was too late to take everything back, and I watched her go, unable to do anything. My body was frozen, whether from the icy rain or my paralyzed brain. I felt like my heart had stopped beating; like my blood had stopped flowing.

I stood there like a statue, completely frozen, as rivers of tears flowed down my cheeks. Icy rain soaked into my clothes, and I felt the cold penetrate deep into my bones. Everything was heavy; too heavy - like the weight of the world had suddenly decided to sink down on me.

 

Surely that was a bull of me. If I let him go then my feelings would also be ruined.

The aching true realization splashed on my face like the rain did too my nose awhile ago.

I knew that was the end.

Her love was gone, and it wasn't coming back.

We are just another example of teenagers that are truly "TOO INNOCENT TO LOVE."

 

-------------------------

I feel sorry for the ending. Yes,I'm a sadist. BE MAD. Lmao.

But that's how I want to end it. A nice comment will do. I Love You !! <3

Please vote and Fan Me Up.

This is not edited.

 

Ayeee Ayee ayye . I Like Smurfs B|