So Close

Pre-chorus

 

Later that evening, Jessica asked Yoona if she could swing by to Hyoyeon’s apartment so she could change her clothes before their dinner date. Yoona agreed but not without teasing the older girl about being dirty.

 

When they got to her best friend’s apartment, they were welcomed by both Sunny and Hyoyeon. Her best friend gave her a knowing grin as she walked down the hall to her room. She quickly changed giving a little window of opportunity for the couple to talk to Yoona.

 

“We’ll get going now. Come on, kid,” she said as she pulled up Yoona from her seat.

 

“It was nice meeting you, Hyoyeon-unnie. Same with you, Sunny-unnie.” She bowed politely before going out.

 

“You can call them unnie but not me?”

 

“Don’t be jealous.” She grinned as she took Jessica’s hand even though she clearly remembers her warning that there shall be no holding hands. Lucky for her Jessica didn’t seem to remember her own rule.

 

She brought her to a restaurant where Jessica and Taeyeon had their first date. “My sister loves eating here. I do too because their food is great.”

 

Jessica faked a smile. She really didn’t want to relive the happy times with Taeyeon while she’s with the latter’s younger sister but she can’t tell Yoona she can’t be here because of that. So she bit her tongue and took the seat beside the younger girl.

 

“Order anything you want. My treat so you could stop using all your money before all my friends think of you as a sugar mommy. Hey, that rhymes.”

 

By the time the two have finished stating their orders, the waiter eyed them weirdly. Who wouldn’t when two slim girls have placed an order that was enough to feed ten hungry people.

 

“Do you think we ordered too much?” Jessica asked when the waiter left.

 

“Nah.” She put an arm around Jessica while the girl was busy taking in the new décor inside the restaurant. It wasn’t fancy-looking. In fact, she felt at home because of the cozy ambience the restaurant was giving off. They redecorated, she thought. Seats and tables were different. Even the colour of the wall. The only thing that didn’t change was the exterior of it, their menu and the mini bar.

 

She looked to the side and saw a few couples dancing in the center of the room. They were on an elevated platform and Jessica was sure that wasn’t there when she and Taeyeon went here the last time.

 

When their food arrived, Yoona didn’t waste any moment and devoured the food in front of her. She started with the bibimbap.

 

Jessica was staring at her the whole time starting from her mixing it with a huge smile on her face and her taking a spoonful of it. She stifled a laugh but out came a snort instead.

 

Yoona turned her head sideways and not bothering to chew what was left inside , she spoke, “No loving stare.”

 

“Not my loving stare.  It’s my ‘you-eat-like-a-hobo-who-has-not-eaten-for-decades-you-are-such-a-turn-off’ stare.” She laughed when she saw how much of a messy eater the girl was. She reached for the rice on the side of her lips. “Are you really twenty-one? You act like a five year old.”

 

Yoona shot her a glare but she just waved it off and busied herself with the galbi she ordered. She felt a tap on her shoulder and when she turned to look she felt Yoona’s lips on hers. She wouldn’t have mind but the smell of cucumber coming off of the girl’s mouth almost made her throw up.

 

“Eew. Did you just eat cucumber?”

 

“Yes, why?

 

“I’m allergic to cucumber, you idiot.”

 

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry. I didn’t know.”

 

Jessica scooted as far away from her as possible. “Make sure to brush your teeth after eating or at least use a mouth wash…or else…”

 

“Or else what?”

 

“No kissing.”

 

A groan escaped her lips and she continued eating her bibimbap hoping that the other food she ordered didn’t have any cucumbers in them.

 

When they finished their scrumptious meal, Jessica almost dragged Yoona to the washroom just so she won’t smell the cucumbers that the girl ate.

 

She came out with a big smile on her face. “Hey.” She was supposed to give her a kiss but was stopped by the waiter’s voice telling them about the platform in the center of the restaurant. Yoona cursed him inwardly. Dude, we can see it with our own eyes. You don’t have to tell us seriously.

 

“Impeccable timing,” she mumbled when he left. She sighed and put on a smile. “May I have this dance?”

 

“No,” Jessica replied flatly.

 

The younger girl frowned and sat back down, shoulders slumped and lips looking like that of a flounder. “You always reject me. This is so unfair.”

 

Jessica couldn’t help but giggle at her childish sulking but she stood up from her seat eventually and pulled Yoona with her. “I’ll dance when I want to dance and right now, I do so let’s dance.”

 

Yoona scoffed and stared at her like she just grew another head. “I don’t get you.” She pulled her closer nonetheless and started slow dancing. It looked more like a hug with how Yoona placed her hands on Jessica. One hand on her waist, the other on the small of the older girl’s back.

 

Jessica, on the other hand, not knowing where to place hers, decided it would be better to wrap her arms around Yoona’s waist.

 

The taller of the two let her lips touch the shorter girl’s ear. “This trumps the other two dates we’ve had,” she whispered and placed a gentle kiss on her ear.

 

When Jessica didn’t respond, Yoona leaned back a bit and stared at her. The hand that was formerly placed on the older girl’s hips was now gently caressing her cheek. Her long fingers were tracing invisible patterns on Jessica’s smooth skin. She was taking a mental picture of her face. From her expressive eyes and tall nose to her thin yet oh-so-soft lips and prominent chin. They definitely broke the mould when they made her.

 

Jessica was following Yoona’s gaze and as soon as their eyes met, she knew what Yoona said earlier was true. She was right when she told her that when she sees Yoona’s loving stare, she’ll know it. This stare was the younger girl’s loving stare.

 

She broke the eye contact and buried her face in the crook of Yoona’s neck, pulling her closer and laying wet kisses on the base of her neck.

 

Yoona let out a soft moan and that was their cue to leave.

 

 

---

 

 

The two couldn’t care less if a bruise would form on their bodies the next day from all the tugging, taking off their shirts and bumping on everything that’s blocking their way to Yoona’s bedroom. It started inside the elevator, continued in the hallway and now they were just a few steps away from the bedroom.

 

Try as they might they just can’t seem to take their hands off each other.

 

“I’m hungry again,” Yoona said when Jessica moved her attention from her lips to the younger girl’s long neck.

 

Jessica laughed inwardly as she compared Taeyeon’s neck to Yoona’s. Taeyeon’s was real short and Yoona’s neck was akin to a giraffe’s. It felt like forever as she made her way from the younger girl’s neck to the base of it.

 

“Jessica, I’m hungry again.”

 

She got no response as Jessica continued kissing her. “I want to make a ham sandwich so we could eat it after this.”

 

She pulled away and glared at the perpetually hungry girl. “I am so not having with you while you yap about a ham sandwich.” She made her way to Yoona’s room but got pulled back.

 

“Okay, okay. I’ll focus.”

 

“Nope. I’m not in the mood anymore. Go make your stupid sandwich and I’ll take your room so I could sleep peacefully.” She entered the room and locked it.

 

Yoona balled her fist and let out a groan. She just passed up an opportunity to finally do it with Jessica while both of them aren’t under the influence of alcohol. She asked herself why she suddenly thought of the goddamn sandwich while a hot girl was in front of her, half- and showering her with wet kisses.

 

“,” she cursed, making her way to the kitchen. “Might as well make the stupid sandwich.”

 

“Yoong?”

 

She whipped her head back when she heard the older girl calling her name. “Yeah?” She got closer to the bedroom and leaned her forehead against the door.

 

“Can’t your ham sandwich wait?”

 

She let out a cute giggle and said, “It can.”

 

She heard a click and she soon found herself carrying Jessica, who decided it would be fun to leap onto Yoona’s arms, to the bed. It’s safe to say that no ham sandwich was made that night.

 

 

---

 

 

She woke up with a huge smile on her face for several reasons. She didn’t wake up on some random, possibly dirty, bed. She couldn’t move her arm because a certain gorgeous girl was clinging onto it as if she was a koala and her arm was a eucalyptus tree.

 

And the thing that’s making her so happy she might just go outside and knock on their neighbours’ doors and hug them all even though their breath stinks, is the fact that she and Jessica slept together last night while they’re both sober.

 

It’s not exactly because she got some last night. It’s mostly because she remembers everything they did. It wasn’t blurry and she could swear that it was comparable to watching something in full HD. She remembers the kisses, the touch and how it felt like having Jessica in her arms as they both reached a different kind of high.

 

She even remembers Jessica’s skin as it glistened because of her sweat. Jessica sweats a lot, she mentally noted. She smiled as she thought of how Jessica slowly opened her eyes to look at her and told Yoona she was tired and that she would pass out if they do another round.

 

How she clung onto her when she got close, her sneeze when she smelled the perfume Yoona used to use, the smell lingered into one of her pillows, her shriek, how she tried not to shriek but failed. Everything. Yoona remembers everything so clearly. She could feel a blush creeping up on her face while she reminisced.

 

She slowly got up, careful not to wake the beauty beside her. She took Jessica’s hand in hers and kissed it. Something she didn’t even do to any girl she’s dated nor slept with. Not even Tiffany.

 

Yoona brushed away the strands of hair that was blocking her view and tucked it in her ear.

 

“You’re too lovely, Jessica,” she whispered.

 

She started wondering what the older girl would’ve thought of her if they had met under different circumstances. Would the girl think of her differently? Would she stop rejecting everything she does? Would Jessica give her a chance? Would Jessica fall for her? Would Jessica love her back?

 

She let go of her hand when realization hit her. It hit her in the face like a ham sandwich thrown by her best friend Yuri and Yuri’s pitching skill is no joke.

 

“.”

 

 

____

Dun dun dun dun~ what else would our yoong realize?

I'm sorry if it's too short. I just wanted to get this out there before I go to sleep. I really appreciate the comments and thank you for subscribing really.

I'm really enjoying this story now because of the feedbacks and all so thank you.

Title: So Close by Jon McLaughlin

it's the song Jessica and Yoona danced to...it was the song I was listening to actually when I was writing that part. It just sounds so romantic