-

Still In Love

 

Glancing around the room, the girl tried to make out who these people were. She glanced at the woman who held her left hand while a man held her right.

Honey, can you remember your name?” The woman asked in a soft and gentle tone.

 

She tried to remember. She had heard the doctors and nurses call her something before.

H-Haneul.” She said once it came to her. “Yoo Haneul.”

 

Do you remember who we are?” The man asked.

 

Haneul nodded. “Umma and Appa.”

 

The girl's mother grinned, “Do you remember who they are?” She motioned towards four boys and a girl who stood to the side.

 

Haneul studied their faces, slowly each of their names came back to her.

 

Jungshin.” She pointed at the tallest boy.

 

Minhyuk.” She pointed to the boy with a childish grin that stood next to Jungshin.

 

Yonghwa.” She motioned to the third boy.

 

Aeji.” She smiled at the girl. Aeji grinned brightly with teary eyes.

 

Do you remember him?” Aeji pulled the last boy towards the bed.

 

Haneul squinted her eyes as she studied the boy's face. He was very handsome. He had a small smiled on his face, “Jagiya, do you remember me?” He asked cautiously.

 

Who are you?” Haneul said after what seemed like an eternity.

 

- -

 

Jonghyun sat on the couch in the back of the music room, aimlessly strumming the guitar in his hands. How could Haneul remember everyone but him?

They had been together for four years.

 

He let out a frustrated sigh and put the guitar on it's stand before he buried his face into his palms.

 

Jonghyun ah.” Yonghwa called out from the door where he stood with Aeji and Minhyuk.

 

Jonghyun glanced up at the three, “Neh?”

 

Lunch time. Come, we're going to meet up with Jungshin.” Yonghwa said.

 

I'm not hungry. You guys go on.” Jonghyun picked up the guitar again.

 

Hyung, you've been skipping lunch with us for four days now.” Minhyuk pointed out.

I'm not hungry.” Jonghyun repeated.

 

This isn't about Haneul is it?” Aeji said as she unlinked her hand from Yonghwa's and took a seat next to Jonghyun.

 

Jonghyun tensed up a bit before shaking his head.

 

The doctors said her memory will come back, it'll just take some time.” Aeji placed her hand on his shoulder.

 

She remembered you all right away.” He said flatly. “We're been dating for four years and she doesn't remember me.”

 

You can always help her remember.” Yonghwa shrugged.

 

That's right hyung and we'll be glad to help.” Minhyuk grinned.

 

You guys would?” Jonghyun glanced at the three.

 

Of course!” Aeji beamed. “Let's go to lunch and fill Jungshin in too so he can help.” She tugged on his arm.

 

Jonghyun put the guitar and reluctantly stood up, “Thank you guys. I'll make her remember who I am.”

 

- -

 

In the course of two weeks Jonghyun's four friends tried to convince Haneul to give Jonghyun a chance. Slowly Haneul began to warm up to him.

 

In two months, Jonghyun did everything he could to get his beloved to remember him. He would visit her everyday after his classes and would take her small gifts or share with her some of their precious memories.

 

A-Aeji ah!” Jonghyun ran to catch up to the girl.

 

Aeji stopped walked and turned to the older boy. “Hm? What's up?” She tilted her head as he stopped infront of her.

 

Jonghyun rested his hands on his knees as he caught his breath, straightening up once he started breathing normally. “I need you to do me a favor.”

 

Sure, what is it?” The girl asked.

 

Bring Haneul to the usual spot.” Jonghyun said. “I have a surprise for her.”

 

The girl grinned and saluted. “Got it! One girlfriend coming up!”

 

Where are we going?” Haneul asked as she held onto Aeji's hand.

You'll see, we're almost there.” Aeji said as she lead her friend down the empty hallway straight towards the balcony they would usually meet up at.

 

Okay, wait.” Aeji said as they came to the entrance.

 

She untied the blindfold and took a step to the side. “You can open your eyes now.”

 

Haneul slowly opened her eyes and led out a small gasp as she took in everything. The railing along held multiple lit candles along with some vases that held both red and white roses. Her eyes landed to the middle. Minhyuk sat at his drum set with a grin. Jungshin was to the left with his bass in hand. He looked at her and gave her a warm smile. Haneul smiled back at them before glancing to the right where Yonghwa was with his guitar. She tilted her head in curiosity.

 

You'll see.” Yonghwa simply said with a smile.

 

Jonghyun walked out with his guitar and stood next to her. “Ready jagiya?”

 

Haneul glanced up at him and smiled, giving him a small nod.

Jonghyun took his place in the middle. He took a deep breath as they began to play.

 

Haneul swaying her head to the music, her eyes never leaving Jonghyun's face as he sang. She found herself smiling widely and lightly clapping her hands together. Once they finished playing, Jonghyun handed his guitar to Yonghwa and walked forwards towards Haneul.

 

Jagiya, for the past months I've been trying to get you to remember me fully. If it weren't for our friends encouragement I would've never thought of it. When you remembered them and didn't remember me, I thought it meant you'd never remember me.” He rubbed the back of his neck before speaking again. “Everyday I blamed myself for your accident. For not being able to protect you but .”

 

Jonghyun pulled out a ring from his pocket and got down on one knee, “If you marry me, I promise to never let anything like that happen to you. What do you say will you marry me?”

 

Haneul looked at him with wide eyes as a grin formed on her face. She tried to get the words out but once she realized she couldn't she simply nodded, grinning wider.

 

Jonghyun grinned and stood up, taking her hand and slipping the ring onto her finger. He brought up her hand to his lips and placed a kiss on it before cupping her face and gently kissing her lips as their friends cheered in the back.

 

- - - -

Lifeu, I hope you like your oneshot. It didn't go as how I had planned it in the beginning ._. but I hope

that at least you'll enjoy it.

Love you!