The Finding ~Taemin~

The Little Mermaid

The Finding

~Taemin~

 

Life in the ocean was the greatest place. There was nothing that ever distracted a person from being just like they were supposed to live. No humans, nothing bad.

Taemin had always been told that. His father figure, Onew, repeated this to him ever since he was a child. That was how their parents had died.

Humans.

But, Taemin didn’t want to listen. Why would he want to stay away from them? They after all had two legs, much better than any mermaid swimming around the palace walls. Humans could walk, run, dance and everything else amazing about having two legs. What could Taemin do? Swim around and do nothing.

He was bound to never let that happen to him. He was going to meet a human!

 

“Taemin, you promise you wont mess with that ship?” Key sighed, staring at his friend.

Taemin groaned, looking up at the ship. “Hyung, I have to! I want to see what it’s like to see the humans walk. I’ve only heard stories of it when my umma and appa tried to make friends with them!”

Key shook his head. “You don’t understand it do you?” He asked.

“Key…let hi—” Jaejoong tried to speak.

“No! He isn’t going to go to that ship!” He screamed. “He will get killed, don’t you realize that?”

Taemin rolled his eyes. The water above them was growing dark; he knew he would soon be able to see the humans on the ship.

“Do you promise you wont go Tae?” Key asked, swimming to his friend’s side and hugged him.

The prince nodded. “Yeah.” He grumbled.

“Taemin I swear if you go to that ship, I’ll tell Onew and he’ll never let you out of his sight again! You should be lucky he’s letting you even leave the palace. I know you parents wouldn’t have let you.”

Taemin turned to glare at Key. “Since when do you know?”

“Taemin, I knew your parents!”

The boy shook his head. “Whatever. See if I care.” He snapped, swimming off.

Jaejoong sighed. “Key…why do you freak out so badly?” He asked. “He just wants to have fun…”

“Because, if he has fun that means he’ll die…” Key whispered, biting his lip. “My baby cannot die this young….”

“Key, you don't know that. Trust your hyung on this one. Taemin can wonder around. If you stop him… well, he’ll just be out there again.” He said.

Key looked away. “You don't know that. He listens to me.”

“Sure he does… just don’t blame me when he stops listening to you.”

“He won’t!”

 

*          *          *

 

Taemin swam to the surface at nightfall. The boy pulled himself up the side of the ship, smiling at the human’s laughter. He was going to do it; he was going to see them! When he got to the edge of the boat he held himself there, the glowing light hitting his face. It was beautiful.

They were all sitting around, passing a giant cup around the circle. They were all drinking from it, and how Taemin wished he could be there within the group. He wanted to taste whatever it was they were all enjoying.

When the cup reached the male in the center, Taemin’s eyes went up his body. He sighed, the man was handsome; dark, large eyes, long wavy hair, a muscular body. The man didn’t have his shirt on; the drips of the drink fell from his mouth and fell onto his chest. The boy blushed and looked away. He couldn’t believe what he was seeing.

But when he looked back the cup had been passed and the man was laughing, leaning against his friend.

‘I wish I could be in there with them…’ Taemin thought, watching the scene.

 

Hours passed and the people on the ship danced around. Taemin watched their legs. It was amazing how they moved like that. Some of them were stumbling around, giggling loudly.

The princes doe eyes watched each person. Though a spark caught his attention in the back. A flame had started in the back and was slowly growing, could they not see it?

Passangers on the ship didn’t seem to notice, they continued to laugh and stumble around. But a cry caught their attention.

“Fire!” It was a very thin child, pointing to the main mast of the ship. Half of it was concumed with fire. The sales were passing the flame among all of them.

Taemin dropped himself back into the water and swam away. His head was still peeking out as the mast collapsed onto the ship. Screams were coming faster and people jumped from the ship.

“No…” Taemin whimpered. The whole ship had gone up in flames and he cried. “Jump!” He squealed, though he knew they coulnd’t hear him.

Two final figures jumped from the ship. Not too long after it exploded. Taemin blocked his eyes. Though he screamed in pain when a sceering pain shot through his forearms. He dropped down into the water and cussed. His skin looked charred and he cried harder, trying to touch his arms. But the pain worsened, he let go of his hands and swam back to the surface. He had to save the people that had jumped.

Pieces of charred wood littered the surface of the water and Taemin swam between them. He spotted two boys laying across a board, out cold. The prince went to them, he grabbed the end of the wood and started to push them towards shore.

Taemin smiled when they reached the sand. He tried to push the two boys off, but they were too heavy for his weak body. Thankful for the tide, both were pushed up onto the sand and Taemin pulled his way to their side. He watched the handsome one and softy touched his hand. “Please wake up…” He whispered, tearing up.

He didn’t want his first time seeing humans to end so badly. “Please, please, please wake up…”

When the male didn’t Taemin resorted to singing. He rest his head against his shoulder.

 

The boy didn’t know how long he had been sitting there before the body below him moved. He quickly pushed himself up and got into the water, swimming away.

“Hey…where are you going?” He heard the man whisper.

Though he didn’t stop, he just kept swimming away.

 

When Taemin got back to the palace, Key was livid.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” He screamed. “I’m serious Taemin. Do you have any idea how dangerous—” He stopped when he saw the boys extremely pink arms. “Taemin…wh-what happened?” He gasped.

Taemin sobbed silently. “H-H-He almost died…” Taemin whispered.

“You could have too! Do you know how pissed Onew is?” He asked.

Taemin bit his lip, holding his arms close, hissing in pain.

“Taemin…c-come on baby… let me heal your wounds…”

 

--

A/N:

What did you think? Did you enjoy it~?

I hope so.

From here on out I’ll try and make better chapters. I have the whole story planned out. Just getting the first initial chapter done is very had for me to do sometimes xD

Comments?