Happy Halloween!!

.this is Halloween.

It was a chilly afternoon and primary school just ended; most of the kids left, but there were still some playing around in front of the school entrance with a teacher looking after them. 6 kids were sitting on the school steps, waiting for their parents to pick them up.

“Where are they?” Sehan started to cross his arms and tap his foot on the concrete. Sehan was the type of person that liked to be punctual in what ever it was, whether it was his violin practice or piano practice, he liked to be punctual.

“Calm down Sehan. Relax.” Yitao leaned forward so he can place his chin on Baekyeol‘s head. “They will get here.” Yitao started to fix Baekyeol’s little scarf that was around his neck.

“In the meantime,” The angelic looking one, Joonxing, stood up and turned to face his friends. “What are you guys wearing for trick or treating?”

“I’m going to be a pumpkin!!” The youngest one, Xiuchen, exclaimed while raising hand and waving it around. “My mommy made my costume too!”

“Aww! You are going to be adorable!” Baekyeol said as he leaned forward cupping the youngest cheeks. This gesture made Yitao pout for Baekyeol moving away, losing his support.

“Well,” Yitao started to say while pulling Baekyeol back so he could use his head as his chin support. “Baekyeol and I are going to be a set!” He said proudly.

“What are you going to be?” Jongsoo, the 2nd oldest, asked. “Salt and pepper?”

“Yah! No!” Yitao lightly slapped his best friend. “I’m going to be a prince and Baekyeol is going to be the princess!”

Everyone stared at Yitao and Baekyeol; little Baekyeol covered his faced and shook his head back and forth.

“You serious?!” Jongsoo started to laugh. “We’ll be seeing Baekyeol in a dress! Which princess is he goin‘ to be? Snow white? Cinderella? Oh wait! Belle from that Beast story? Yitao are you going to be monster?!”

“Yah! Be quiet you! But yes…it is the Beauty and the Beast, but I‘m not the Beast! I‘m just wearing the prince‘s clothes” Yitao nodded.

“…Beauty and the Beast? Who is in that?”

“It is the one with Belle you ding dong!” Yitao again lightly slapped Jongsoo on the shoulder.

“Hyung is going to be pretty.” Xiuchen started to clap his hands.

Joonxing nodded. “Well, I’m gunna be a vampire.”

Jongsoo looked up and down at Joonxing. “You don’t look like you will pull off a vampire costume. You should be an angel for Halloween.”

Joonxing pouted. “Why? I can be scary!” Jongsoo waved it off and turned to Sehan who was still sitting with his arms crossed.

“Yo, hyung, what are you going to be?”

Sehan looked at Jongsoo and he shrugged. “I’m gunna be Waldo.”

“Uh,” Jongsoo started. “Okay, who is that?”

Sehan rolled his eyes. “He is the guy in the books that you are trying to spot? Waldo. Where is Waldo?” Jongsoo shook his head while Sehan rubbed his temple.

“Anyway, Jongsoo what are you going to be?” Joonxing asked.

“Me? I’m going to be a police man.”

“Boring!!” Yitao teasingly yelled, earning himself a slap on the arm by Baekyeol.

“That is going to be great Jongsoo. We can’t to see it.” Baekyeol assured him.

While Yitao was rubbing his arm, the children’s parents approached.

“Mama!” Baekyeol and Xiuchen said together and started running to them.

The other 4 got up from the steps and walked over to meet up their parents.

“Sorry guys, we kind of lost track of time.” Tao said to the 6 kids.

“It’s okay mama! We forgive you! Well…maybe not Sehan.” Yitao teased.

“We’re sorry Sehan. You forgive us right?” Luhan asked his son as he pats his head. Sehan pouted, but it soon turned into a smile. He hugged his mom and said that he forgives them.

“So, we will all see you guys at the town center right? At 6pm?” Chanyeol asked as he picked up Baekyeol and held him in his arms.

“Yup! At 6!” Kyungsoo nodded. “See you guys later!” Kyungsoo took Jongsoo’s hand and they all started to go their separate ways.

---(EXO) --- (EXO) --- (EXO) ---

Promptly at 6pm, everyone was there except for one, Baekyeol. Everyone waited, and soon, Xiuchen spotted him jogging with his parents.

“Sorry we were late.” Baekhyun said out of breath. “Parking was difficult.”

While the parents chatted for a bit, the children came to Baekyeol to see his costume.

“Baekyeol!! You were supposed to wear a dress!!: Yitao exclaimed as he flailed his arms. Baekyeol ended up wearing a little werewolf costume instead of the princess dress. He was way too embarrassed and asked his parents if they could buy a different costume.

“You don’t like it?” Baekyeol said with a sad tone in his voice.

Yitao shook his head back and forth quickly. “No I don’t! You were supposed to be my princess!!”

Baekyeol pouted at the taller boy and crossed his arms. He turned around and walked over Joonxing and laid his head on his shoulder.

“Ohh, someone made their little boyfriend mad!” Sehan and Jongsoo teased, while Yitao glared at them; he stared back at Baekyeol who was now being patted on the back by Joonxing. Yitao was a little guilty for making him sad.

“Yitao.” He looked up to see his father, Kris, staring at him. He knelt down to be the same height as his son. “Did you make Baekyeol sad?”

Yitao hesitated, but nodded at the end. Kris sighed and patted his head. “Tell him you’re sorry.”

“But dad! He was supposed to be the princess! We even agreed and --”

“You shouldn’t force him Yitao. Maybe he was a little embarrassed wearing a dress tonight. Tell him your sorry okay.”

Yitao sighed and nodded. He went over to Baekyeol and tapped his shoulder. Baekyeol turned and wiped a little tear from his face.

“I’m sorry Baekyeol…I’m not mad.”

“Y-you’re not?” Baekyeol hiccupped, while Yitao shook his head.

“No, I actually like your costume.” He said with a smile. Baekyeol wiped his tears away and smiled back at Yitao.

“Well, since that is all taken cared of,” Joonxing clapped his hands together. “Let’s get some candy!”

“Yay!! Candy!!” Xiuchen said as he started to run to the stores.

“Yah! Wait for us!” Jongsoo yelled as he and the rest of them followed the youngest.

“W-Wait guys! Don’t run away from us!!” Suho said as he and the parents followed their children around the town center mall.

---(EXO) --- (EXO) --- (EXO) ---

After walking on the ground floor, the parents took their kids up to the 2nd floor.

“Xiuchen, stop eating your candy now or else you won’t have anymore when you get home.” Baekyeol said to the youngest. Xiuchen pouted and placed his chocolate candy back in his little bag.

The 2nd floor was extremely packed since there were far more stores; more stories mean more candy are passed out. It got crowded to the point where the 6 kids got separated from their parents. Xiuchen tugged on Joonxing’s arm.

“I can’t see my mommy anymore.” He said as he looked back and forth for Xiumin.

“I can’t see them either.” Yitao looked for his two tall parents, but can’t seem to spot them.

“We’ll be find guys.” Jongsoo assured them. “Let’s just stay close together and keep going yeah?” He started to walk away.

“Y-yah! Wait for us!” Baekyeol said as he and the others followed.

---(EXO) --- (EXO) --- (EXO) ---

“Thank you!” Sehan smiled at the elderly woman from the pet shop. Sehan followed his friends, trying their best not to bump into anyone since it was still overcrowded. He kept on walking until he saw an old looking little door between two of the stores.

‘Was it always there?’ He thought to himself as he adjusted his fake glasses.

“Hey guys!” He called after them. “Check this out.” The kids walked over to where the oldest was.

“Was it always there?” Baekyeol asked. Jongsoo shook his head.

“I’ve never seen that door before. It’s probably fake.” He assured them. He placed his hand on the handle.

Surprisingly, it opened; it wasn’t fake, it was real.

“Whoa! That’s awesome!” Jongsoo said with amazement.

“I wonder how they did that.” Sehan asked.

Both Sehan and Jongsoo placed their heads inside to see what was in there.

“What do you see?” Xiuchen asked softly.

“It’s pitch black.” Jongsoo said as he looked at the youngest. “Like, for real, it’s pitch black.”

“Well, close it and lets go.” Joonxing said as he grabbed onto Xiuchen’s hand and was about to walk.

“No, wait,” Sehan stuck his head out and looked over his shoulder. “Lets go inside.”

Joonxing shook his head. “Lets not. Come on guys, lets just get more candy.”

“Actually, I wanna go in. It looks interesting!” Yitao said as he tugged on Baekyeol to follow.

“No guys! Come on --”

“Don’t be a poop Joonxing. What is it going to do? Take us somewhere? No! Besides, there might be more candy on the other side.” Sehan said with a smirk.

“Hey! I’m not poop!” Joonxing blushed, but then felt a tug on his hand.

“Joonxing…candy.” Xiuchen pouted.

“Erm, well, okay…just for a second…then we are out.”

The 6 children entered the small door and started to walk. As Jongsoo said, it was pitch black. Luckily, Yitao had with him a little flashlight.

“Ooooo”

Xiuchen yelped and clung onto Joonxing’s arm.

“Jongsoo! Stop that! Your scaring him!” Baekyeol scolded.

Jongsoo gave a hearty laugh. “Sorry, I couldn't resist!”

They kept on walking what felt like hours and it seemed that the further they walked the more eerie it started to get.

“L-Lets go back guys. Its getting a little bit weird in here.” Joonxing stammered.

“Yeah, and --” All of a sudden, Yitao’s flashlight turned off. “-- and there goes my flashlight. Great.”

Now the darkness filled the area. Xiuchen started to sniff.

“I wanna go back.” Xiuchen started to cry.

“Sehan! Lead us! Do something!” Joonxing started to get a little angry, he knew they shouldn’t have entered the door.

“Uh…um.” Sehan tried his best to do something, but he was scared himself.

The all of a sudden, a big gust of wind blew.

“What the!!” Jongsoo yelled. “Where did this wind freakin’ come from?!”

The wind was so strong that the children had to hold onto each other.

“I freakin’ told you guys!!” Joonxing yelled over the gust of wind.

Soon, they were being lifted up by the wind high into what seemed to be the sky; to where they were being taken, they didn’t know.

---(EXO) --- (EXO) --- (EXO) ---

Sehan’s fluttered his eyes.

‘Wha?’

He looked around to see his friends lying on the ground.

“G-Guys?” Sehan feared that they might be injured. Luckily, a sigh of relief came when he heard Yitao groan.

“What?” Yitao rubbed his head. “Sehan…where are we?”

Sehan sat up and dusted off his pants. “I dunno…” He started to look around; the ground was filled with fog, the trees around them looked dead, and it was still dark, but there what seemed to be like fireflies were flying around, giving some what source of light to the area. I chill ran up Sehan’s spine. This is not good.

“Baekyeol…Baekyeol, wake up!” Yitao started to nudge Baekyeol. “Please wake up!” He started to get worried.

“Hm? Y-Yitao?” Baekyeol mumbled as he tried sitting up, rubbing his eye with is left hand.

“Baekyeol! You’re alright!” Yitao jumped on Baekyeol and gave him a hug. “I thought you were…you know, with the angels and stuff.” Baekyeol patted his back and assured them that he was alright. Sehan tried waking Jongsoo up as well as Joonxing and Xiuchen.

“5 more minutes dad.” Jongsoo rolled over to lay on his stomach. Sehan rolled his eyes and smacks his head.

“Yah!” Jongsoo immediately sat up and started to rub his head.

“Wake up. Now.” Sehan ordered. All of them stood up and dusted off the dirt from their costumes.

“What is this place?” Xiuchen whimpered.

“Dunno.” Sehan looked around.

They all jumped when he they heard a crack of a branch behind them, but when they looked, no one was there.

The 6 children knew they weren’t at the town center anymore.

“I wanna go home! This place is scary!” Cried the youngest as he clung onto Joonxing.

“This is all your fault!” The vampire dressed one said as he pointed to the two older boys, “We shouldn’t have listened to you guys!!” He started to flail his arms. “Look where we are!!”

“Erm,” The oldest rubbed the back of his head. “My…bad?”

Joonxing’s eyes grew angry; he lunged forward and grabbed Sehan by the collar. They both landed on the ground, with Joonxing on top.

“Joonxing! Stop it!” Baekyeol cried out, but he wouldn’t listen. Joonxing started to pound Sehan on the chest; he started cry.

“Look what you did! Why did you have to stop us and look at some door! Look where we are now!!” Sehan tried to grab his friend’s wrist to stop him from hitting his chest. Jongsoo tried to get Joonxing up and away from Sehan, but he couldn’t.

“Now we may never go home!! I won’t be able to see my mommy and daddy again! I hate you!!” Sehan hugged the little vampire.

“I’m sorry.” He started to rub Joonxing’s back. “We will get out of here. I promise.”

Joonxing calmed down and got off from Sehan. He started to wipe his tears away and apologized for his behavior.

“Since, that is taken cared of…what should we do?” Yitao asked.

No one knew what to do. Sitting will get them nowhere, but walking might get them more lost.

“Lets think of a plan first.” Sehan suggested. They nodded and sat on the ground. While thinking of a plan, they heard footsteps approaching. The children, immediately stood up and started to back away slowly from the sound. It was silent for awhile.

“Hi!”

The kids screamed and quickly looked behind them. The man before them as wearing an old Victorian suit that was decorated with cobwebs. What probably shocked them the most was the guy was holding his head with his hands.

“Hi!” said the guy before them again. “My name is Taemin!”

“Erm…h-hi?” Sehan stammered.

“You guys are so adorable!” Taemin said as he approached them, placing his head where it is suppose to be. Taemin inspected them and nodded.

“You guys are not from around here huh?”

Sehan shook his head; he stepped forth to the taller man. “W-We…um…we entered a door back at home and it was pitch black inside and big wind came and swept us --”

“And now we are here!” Xiuchen piped up, but quickly hid behind Jongsoo. Taemin smiled and nodded.

“I see. So you did see the door.” He knelt down so he could be the same height as the children. “That door can only be seen to those that absolutely love Halloween.”

“Who doesn’t love it?! Free candy!” Jongsoo jumped up and down.

Taemin chuckled and stood up; he started to walk away and so the children followed. “This place is called Halloween.” He gestured around the dead area.

“It’s scary.” Xiuchen sniffed.

“Oh no, it’s not. I promise it isn’t” Taemin assured the little one. He picked him up and carried him in his arms.

“Where are we going Taemin hyung.” Baekyeol asked as he jogged to be at the same pace as him.

“Well, since today is Halloween, for us, we have a festival.”

“Festival?” Yitao asked.

Taemin nodded. He pointed at the direction in front of them; various colors of light illuminated a small town and music could be heard from where they were standing.

“We have a big feast and eat lots of candy.”

“No way!” Jongsoo and Yitao said in unison.

“Can we go?”  Xiuchen asked while looking at Taemin.

“Gah! You are too precious!!” Taemin nuzzled against Xiuchen’s head. “Sure, you all can all go! You guys must want more candy huh?”

The children nodded and followed Taemin to the town. Once there, the children were amazed by they various monsters and witches walking around. Surprisingly, they weren’t scary as they thought.

“Taemin!” He turned to see his best friend walk up to him. “Where have you -- are those children?”

The children stared at the half human half cheetah beast in front of them.

“Hey Key and yeah.” He adjusted Xiuchen in his arms. “I found them and thought to bring them here. They came from the door.”

The one called Key nodded; he knelt down and picked up Baekyeol, to much of Yitao’s dismay.

“They are so cute!! Especially this one! I want to eat him!” Key happily said as he nuzzled against Baekyeol’s hair.

“No!!” Yitao ran over to Key and tried jumping to get Baekyeol away from the cheetah human beast. “Put him down put him down put him down!! You can't eat him! He doesn't taste good! I promise!"

“Erm,” Key looked down at the prince looking boy. “Sorry, my bad.” Key brought Baekyeol down and Yitao took the opportunity to pull the little werewolf away.

“Sorry about him…he…is protective of him.” Jongsoo teased earning himself a glare from Yitao. Key nodded and turned his attention to Taemin.

"Well, I'll see you around Taemin. Have fun little ones." He smiled and waved goodbye.

“Oh!” Taemin realized something and placed Xiuchen down on the ground. “What are your names? I didn’t even ask.” He chuckled.

“I’m Sehan,” He raised his hand. “And that is Jongsoo, Yitao, Baekyeol, Joonxing, and lastly, Xiuchen.”

Taemin nodded and patted Sehan’s head. “You guys are just adorable! Come, we have lots of sweets and games!” Taemin led the children to large mountain of sweets that was in the center of the town. “Go on.” He said sweetly. “Take as many as you want.”

“Yeah!! Candy!!” Jongsoo ran towards the candy and unwrapping them. “This one is so good!!” The other children followed what Jongsoo did and started to grab and open the candy.

“This one taste like strawberry!” Xiuchen cupped his cheeks and savored the sweet taste in his mouth.

“I’ll just eat them later.” Joonxing grabbed as many his hand could get and placed it in his Halloween bag.

“You guys want to play some games?” Taemin asked as he grabbed a candy for himself.

“What kind of games?” Baekyeol asked as he nibbled on his chocolate bar.

“Well, we have kiddy games for the young monsters, would you like to see?” The children nodded and followed Taemin to the gaming section of the town.

“I’m started to like this place.” Jongsoo whispered to Sehan who nodded.

“Yeah me too!”

---(EXO) --- (EXO) --- (EXO) ---

The children had blast in the Halloween world. They won many prizes and got even more candy. They had so much fun that they started to get a little sleepy.

“Hm, Joonxing…” Xiuchen whispered as he tugged on his sleeve.

“Yeah?”

“I’m…” He yawned. “I’m sleepy…”

Joonxing nodded. “I’m kinda getting sleepy too.” He started to rub his eye. “Ah, Taemin hyung.”

Taemin turned away from his conversation with his monster looking friend to look at Joonxing.

“Yes?”

“We are kinda getting sleepy…”

Taemin nodded and told the children to follow him. They entered a little garden where a few fireflies were flying around and  where the roses looked dead, but the grass looked healthy. Taemin knelt down and patted on the soft grass.

“You guys can sleep here if you like.”

The children nodded and took their place on the grass. Soon the started to drift. Taemin smiled at the little kids.

“So cute!” He whispered.

“They need to go home soon.”

Taemin turned his head back to see his witch friend, Dara. He frowned a little when she told him that they had to return back home.

“Why?”

“’Cuz they don’t belong here silly.” She giggled and smiled at the sleeping children. Taemin sighed, he knew that she was right, but he was having so much fun with the children.

“When?”

Dara checked her all knowing mirror medallion. “Actually right now.” In her medallion, she could see frantic parents running around, trying to find their children. “Their parents are worried.”

Taemin nodded; he walked over to the children and placed each one of them a kiss on the head and candy in each of their Halloween bags. He stepped back next to Dara. He nodded at her and she did the same; she raised her all knowing mirror medallion at them and started to chant. A green light shined over the children and a light breeze came by. With a final word, the children disappeared before Taemin and Dara’s eyes.

Taemin sighed. “I’m sure going to miss them. They were all so cute!” Dara chuckled.

“They sure were.”

---(EXO) --- (EXO) --- (EXO) ---

A frantic Xiumin started to run faster, while Chen tried his best to catch up with him.

“Xiumin, slow down!”

“No! Run faster!” Xiumin was in a state of panic. Ever since the parents lost their sight on their children, they were running everywhere. They even told the town center mall security that they were missing 6 children.

Xiumin stopped running to catch his breath. Chen was secretly happy that Xiumin stopped; he was almost to the point of passing out.

“W-Where are they?!” Xiumin started to cry. “My poor baby!”  Chen tried his best to comfort his lover, but just started to wail.

The other parents approached them with no luck; the mothers of the children started to get teary eyed.

“C-Calm down Kyungsoo. We will find Jongsoo. I'm sure he is safe.” Kai said as he rubbed Kyungsoo’s back.

The fathers tried their best to calm their lovers, but they just couldn’t. Lay hugged Suho and whispered comforting words, hoping to calm him down. He turned his head to the left to see a crowd near the center of the gated garden.

‘What is goin’ on over there?’

Lay turned his attention back to Suho and wiped his tears away with his thumbs.

“I’ll be right back okay?”

“W-What? Where are you --” Before Suho could finish, Lay started to run to the crowd. The parents followed Lay to see what was so interesting to the sea of people.

Lay pushed his way through the crowd to see what was special. Once he got close his eyes widen. There in the garden were their children sleeping peacefully. Lay immediately turned to his friends.

“Guys! I found them!! They are here!”

The parents pushed their way through; a wave of relief washed upon them.

“Baekyeol!” Baekhyun jumped over the gate to the garden to hug his child.

“M-Mama?” Baekyeol fluttered his eyes open and soon they widen. “Mama!!” Baekyeol wrapped his arms around Baekhyun’s neck.

The other children woke up and the mothers did the same; they were so happy to have finally have their child back in their arms.

“My baby!” Xiumin kissed Xiuchen’s cheek.

While the mothers were hugging their kids, the fathers sighed in relief.

“What is going on here?” A heavy set security guard asked as he approached the fathers.

“Oh, we lost our kids earlier today and we just found them.” Sehun said as he pointed at them.

“Ah, I see. You guys were the ones that reported missing children right?”

“Yeah that was us.”

“Great to see that you found them.” He nodded.

“Yeah, so are we.” Lay responded back.

“And, um, if you would be so kind is to tell your partners to get off from the garden…no one should be in there.” The man chuckled.

“O-Oh right. Yes, sorry about that.” Chanyeol turned his head. “Guys! Um, you shouldn’t be in there! Hurry and get out before we all get kicked out of the mall.”

The mothers agreed and got out from the gated garden with their child in their arms. Once out, they all decided to leave and go home; today was tiring, especially for the parents. While walking to their cars, Luhan was curious about the whereabouts of the children.

“So, where were you guys? We told you not to stray away from us.” Luhan said

“We went to a place called Halloween!” Xiuchen said happily. “There were monsters and witches and they were having a party! They even gave us candy!!”

“Yeah, Taemin was the one who found us and brought us to the party! He is so cool! His head could pop out from his neck!” Jongsoo said as he tugged on Kyungsoo’s arm.

“Best place ever!!” Yitao punched the air. “I wanna go back!”

The parents were surprised, but they just laughed it off.

“That must’ve been some dream you guys had.” Baekhyun chuckled.

“No mama! It was real!!” Baekyeol said. “We ate food there and everyone was so nice to us!”

“Okay guys no more sugar for the next 2 weeks...actually make that a month.” Kris said and the parents nodded. The children frowned that their parents since they didn’t believe them, but they didn’t really care. They all knew what happened today and they surely won’t forget it.

---(EXO) --- (EXO) --- (EXO) ---

*Xiuchen popping out from nowhere and waves at you"

Happy Halloween you!!

---

Hope that this was okay ^^

Comment if you like~

 

More stories with EXO's children in them:

[ the headband ]

[ note ]

[ unfinished finale ]