Case 1 || Sleeping Neiborhood

Police Mission Roleplay || Case Room

 

Case Table

Case 1

The Sleeping Neiborhood

 

List of Officer who response this case.

FBI - Kai, D.O

Secret Agent - Sunhwa, Jiyeon

Detective - Myungsoo/L, Taemin

CSI - Sungyeol (Crime Scene Analyzor)

- Dara (Weapon Specailist)

- CL (Medical Examer)

(If someone miss, just tell me)

 


Information Conclusion

 

1st clue - From Detective Suzy

 

 

kabbalah_prod.gif

Last night, we found a red piece of string tied to the man's hand. We were thinking this might be the first piece to solving the puzzle. We hope to find more evidence soon.

 

 

2nd clue - From FBI Kai

 

This morning, I visited the witness' house to see how they are doing and to ask some questions. The young girl seemed to still think the victim was sleeping and the police just chased him away. I talked to her mother, who was the woman who called the police. After a trial of questioning, I found out some important information.

Information:

  • The victim was their neighbor who lived in the house across them. He was identified as a 55-year old man who was living alone temporarily  while his family had gone on a vacation. (The witness did not know his name, however.) He was very kind and healthy. 
  • I asked her about what she had seen or heard the night of the murder and she said she didn't see anything, but she heard some a variety of faint sounds in the backyard where the scene happened. She said she assumed it was animals or the wind, so she ignored it.
  • The young girl, however, told me that she was looking out the window to see her little animal friends and she said she saw a tall shadow holding another dark blob

This is all the information I gathered from the witnesses so far. I am planning on to interview the vicitm's family; but it will be difficult. 

 

3rd clue - From Head Chief Kris

For more information, from local police profile, witness's daughter is drug addict who have profile in police department about her stolen case. She has boyfriend who is drug addict and gangster too.

 

4th clue - From Weapon Specialist Dara

Agent Dara arrived at the crime scene (the witness' backyard) at 7:45 AM in search for clues that will help solve the case. Careful not to destroy any evidence, she had her latex gloves on. Equipped with her camera, she made her way to the scene (after granted access by the witness herself). After minutes of searching, she noticed a used syringe two meters away from the location of the body. After taking its picture, she picked it up carefully, taking note that this type of syringe was also used a drug paraphernalia. She also found a disposable gas mask on the trash bin across the backyard. She immediately went back to the office and submitted the evidences to the lab for analysis.

 

LEADS:

- the SYRINGE'S POSITION was located near the man's hand. (Please take note that the said hand was the one with the tied string on it.)

- the RED STRING was positive with HYDROGEN CYANIDE, a colorless, extremely poisonous liquid that boils slightly under a certain room temp. It is also EXPLOSIVE at concentrations over 5.6%

- the NEEDLE was also positive with HYDROGEN CYANIDE.

- the old man has a habit of  SCRATCHING HIS NOSE.

 

THEORY:

- The string was coated with hydrogen cyanide, using the syringe to inject the liquid on it. If inhaled, this poison can kill a human in 10 minutes. The victim was given the bracelet on the day he died. After scratching his nose, he unconsiously inhaled the cyanide. He started to feel like he's going to faint, thus going to the witness' house for help (the suspect saw him and dragged him to the backyard). He lost consciousness and convulsed (thus the faint sounds). The suspect was alarmed by the neighbor's pet so he immediately left the scene, dropping the syringe (the one the girl was talking about) on the grass.

 

 

SUSPECT:

- The witness' daughter and/or her boyfriend.

 

NEXT STEP:

After giving out her report, Dara was just waiting for the results of the autopsy and fingerprints examination. She has also asked permission to investigate on the World Trade Center's remnants for further investigation.

 

5th clue - From Detective Taemin

 

 

Detective Lee Taemin and FBI agent Kai drove to the crime scene for a direct interrogation on what the family knew. Kai went straight to the woman and asked her a few questions while Taemin took the chance to get to know the little girl a bit better. He held the little girls hand and took off his top hat to give to her so she felt like she was Det. as well. She told him her dreams were to be just like Taemin solving cases and would do anything to help them solve it, Taemin took that chance to ask the little girl simple questions until it go to the death of the man. She gave rather good and helpful answers that actually made sense to Taemin since he stooped to her level and age. Some of her answers include that she saw the big man holding the grandpa from the shoulder and slammed him down to the floor and had something silver in his hand until he bashed it into the mans head. The only thing that bothered Taemin was when the little girl said: I wish i could tell you more but the man at the window put his finger over his lips as if to say not to say anything else. With that Taemin quickly checked the window but no one was there.

After Taemin had the discussion with the little girl he immediately went to Kai and asked for a somewhat bodyguard that will guard the family. It seems the murderer is still around and it was dangerous to just leave the house unattended. Once he got back he abandoned Kai for a short moment to check the slowly decaying corpse from the back of the head. It turns out Weapon Specialist Dara was there and asked her if she could identify the mark on the mans head. She did.

My Theory:

Just like what Dara said in her report that the man had the constant habit of scratching his nose and constantly sniffed the cyanide from the red ribbon, 10 minutes must've been to long for the killer so when the man lost consciousness he dragged him to the backyard of the neighbors house where the little girl saw the whole thing. She said there was a man there that had a big blob, my only guess is that the blob was another man that was there to kill the man at the time. Apparently the silver thing in the mans hand was a sledge hammer, the murderer must've thought the Cyanide took to long to work so using the sledge hammer he killed him on the spot. Im guessing that the suspect heard the dog bark and took off running but instead of dropping the sledge hammer he dropped the syringe.

 

Suspects: The daughter, her boyfriend, the gang-leader

 

What should happen now:

Det. Lee Taemin, FBI Kim Kai and Weapon Specialist Sandara Park are in the weapon room to test out the sledge hammer on a fake man to see if it could leave the same mark as it did on the corpse, but before any of that Taemin has to ask Kris for a personal policeman to stand guard for the family, not one but two seeing as the man is still lurking about.

 

The Final Weapon:

http://www.ptgear.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Gym-Hammer-10kg.jpg

 

Clue 6From CSI Sungyeol

After looking through the database, I discovered the following:

- The daughter: Before she left home, I found that she constantly quarreled with the old man. Another reported that he could always hear raised voices and bickering. According to the neighbor, the daughter left home because of a big argument about money. As the neighbor saw her leave, he heard that she said the old man would regret not giving her money.

- The boyfriend (gangster): Not long ago, the boyfriend was one of the people involved in a case concerning drugs. After being bailed, he met the daughter, who was also a drug addict. The neighbor reported that the daughter was always bringing the boy home, but the old man never approved of it. Because of the "money" argument, the gangster also said something along the lines of "getting back." 

This is all the information I have found so far.

Victim (the old man): The old man worked as a janitor. Because he was constantly cleaning the floor with Bleach, he developed the habit of scratching his nose.

 

 

Clue 7 - From Community Affair Dasom + CSI Sungyeol

 

Information about WTC:

The World Trade Center Seoul (WTC Seoul), commonly known as the COEX, is a building complex centered around the COEX Convention & Exhibition Center on Teheranno in Samseong-dongGangnam-gu district of Seoul. It contains the ASEM Tower, the Trade Tower, and the COEX InterContinental Seoul. The 54-story building Trade Tower was built in 1988 with a height of 228 meters (748 feet), and is one of the tallest buildings in South Korea.

The 836-meter (914-yard) section of sidewalk along Yeongdong Boulevard from exit No.5 of Samseong Station on Seoul Subway Line 2, outside Convention & Exhibition Center and ASEM Tower is designated as a smoke-free zone by the Seoul Metropolitan Government.

Its facilities are...

 

There is an upcoming event in COEX Artium, it is the Legally Blonde musical.
Since the premiere of the musical has been drawing near, Jaeyu has been spending more time in the Artium to clean up.
I decided to talk some of the staff there. My father who is a composer and has previously participated in a musical at the Artium before has some friends there who recognized me. I asked them about Jaeyu and they said he was just a simple janitor who was very friendly to them. One of them told me that he did have a nemesis in WTC though. His nemesis was a young man named Oh Junyoung. Oh Junyoung works at at the Bandi & Luni’s bookstore at COEX Mall. Rumor has it that he once liked Jaeyu's daughter Eunah but Jaeyu never got along well with Junyoung. I proceeded to the bookstore and observed Junyoung. I decided not to ask him yet about the murder because I have to avoid revealing myself to him as a Community Affair representative. A book that Junyoung was reading caught my eye. It was a book about some of the ways of murdering someone. It's possible that he is just interested in things like those or he has a reason why he is reading that. I pretended that I was a niece of Jaeyu and asked him about the fire in WTC and Jaeyu's death. He tried to avoid answering me. He claimed that he did not know that Jaeyu was already dead. While he was attending to some customers, I did a little bit of snooping at the table where he was reading his book. I found two red strings in the book that he was reading. The red strings were quite similar to the one found on Jaeyu's hand. I took one and put it in a plastic bag. I am not sure what he was doing with the strings, maybe he was using them as bookmarks. Anyways, I think that Oh Jaeyu is capable of being our 3rd suspect as he has a big body build that would enable him to beat Jaeyu up and he is familiar with weapons and stuff that you can use to kill a person. I also found this receipt near his notebook which states that he bought hydrogen cyanide. Despite that, I am still not sure if Junyoung really has the motive to kill Jaeyu.

 

Additional info: (Sungyeol helped me with this.)

  • Jaeyu used to be really close with his daughter as seen in the albums in their house.
  • Jung is their surname
  • The door to his house might have been locked or not. 
  • I found out that Jaeyu is divorced with his wife. His wife now works as a barista at a small cafe. According to her, Eunah used to be a very good daughter. Eunah became rebellious because of Jaeyu's overprotective attitude towards her.
  • Another eyewitness: Cho Mina. She claims that she always sees Junyoung fighting with Jaeyu. Mina works at the artium as a stage manager.
  • Eunah has all of Jaeyu's money now since she is an only child.

Some theories by Lee Sungyeol: 

  • "I think that the daughter is definitely involved in the murder. She's his daughter, so she's bound to have a replica of the key. She could have then passed it on to someone."
  •  "Maybe... the old man did something bad to the murderer, which made him set off a fire in WTC, hoping to kill the man. But, he didn't succeed, which is why he murdered him at home. Do you think that might be possible?" (However, I think that there might be two or more murderers. This is just a theory. Junyoung didn't cause the fire because that's where he works at but he is still capable of murdering Jaeyu in his house.)

 


 

This will be the last clue that I will accpet and update for you.

Today, I will make a blog to let's us conclude/meeting (RP) about this case.