I Made Him Stop

Baby Sehun, Please Don't Cry

 

Jongin sits on the dining table with ears covered by his hands. A pout on his face is getting bigger as he heard a loud howl echoing the whole house. He looks up to the other that is busy chopping some meats. “Hyung, stop him already!” he whined.

Jongin startled by the sound of a knife being stabbed to the wooden flat. He couldn’t help but shivers at the sight of Kyungsoo’s little hand reaches for a bottle under the kitchen sink. Then a piece of bread and a milk carton come out from the fridge as Kyungsoo picks them randomly. This time Jongin jumps from the table and runs to pull away Kyungsoo’s hands, stops him from what he’s doing

“Hyung!“

“Go check him, I’m making breakfast.” That’s all Kyungsoo said before he pours the whole bottle to the silent glass of milk. Jongin is hesitates when he turns away, walking slowly to Sehun’s room.

Biting his lips, he knocks the door, earning a ‘Come in!’ form Chanyeol. So Jongin steps in only to find Chanyeol standing next to Sehun who’s hugging someone on the bed, crying and screaming.

It’s started yesterday when exo-m was banging on exo-k’s dorm door. Suho was the one who opened the door and saw Zitao crying on Minseok’s shoulder. He asked what happened and Jongdae pointed at Yifan who carried Luhan’s pale body. Everything happen so fast from the time when Sehun’s trying to wake Luhan up until when everyone remain silent infront of Luhan, who was breathless, soundless, lifeless.

Exo-m hasn’t comeback to their dorm, either does Luhan. They just go to the bathroom once to wash their faces. The same thing happen to exo-k, Sehun is the worst. He hugged Luhan’s dead body for the entire night and refuses to let him go. Yifan did slap him on the face but Sehun cried louder instead.

“How’s Sehun?” Jongin asked, earning a sigh from the older.

“Still the same. I can’t even touch him. See?” Chanyeol held his hand, shows Jongin his scratches. The latter gulps, taking a glance at Sehun who’s still yelling on Luhan’s ear. His voice sounds miserable as he wipes the edge of Luhan’s lips from his vomit.

A cracked sound from the door and the two quickly turn their face to Kyungsoo, who glares at Sehun’s back. Jongin bites his lips, tugging Chanyeol’s arm slightly. “What?” the older asked, find nothing’s wrong with Kyungsoo brings Sehun some breads and milk for breakfast.

“Y-you should stop him...now!” Jongin whispered right after his eyes caught Kyungsoo’s hand reached the maknae’s head.

A soft and peaceful lullaby floating in the air as Kyungsoo takes the plate to bring it to Sehun, who’s still calling Luhan’s name like it was a mantra to wake him up from the death. The crying boy refuses to eat even tough Kyungsoo has beg him. So the older grabs the younger by his collar and grip his jaws. Jongin and Chanyeol sure they heard a creak sound from Sehun’s jaw. But none of them are dare enough to move, even just to inhale oxygens seems impossible for the two.

“You should eat, Hunnie...” if they were strangers or other peoples, they’ll find Kyungsoo’s voice was normal. But it was Jongin, Chanyeol and Sehun who heard it, and it’s too cold compared to ordinary Kyungsoo.  His hand was about to take the little piece of bread and it gives Jongin more strength to move.

No. Jongin stops in the mid way as he saw Kyungsoo shoved the bread to Sehun’s mouth, force him to chew. Sehun’s cries was damped by the burnt bread that taste like a mix of flour, butter, sugar, tears and sorrow. He cough and puke all the breakfast in his mouth and throat after Kyungsoo pushed a full glass of cold milk in. Chanyeol, who was frozen in place turns back to run away to the bathroom with his palm covering his mouth. Jongin backs away, mind refuses to believe what had just happen.

Kyungsoo smiles as he watches Sehun splits all over the carpet. He can feel wet vomits creeping under his feet but he finds the smells wasn’t really that bad, so he continues to feed Sehun with the rest milk and breads. The youngest was holding his chest when he falls to the carpet underneath, on his own vomits to be exact.

“Kyungsoo hyung, what have gotten into you?!” Jongin screams, he can’t bear to see this any longer. Kyungsoo’s eyeballs move aside, giving him a piercing glare. Sobs could be heard from the latter’s lips as he slouched down to the floor. Cursing under his breath, he wonders why he suddenly become this weak.

“H-Hyung...” calls Sehun while trying to get as much oxyigen to his lungs. Jongin stands up from the floor and ready to run away. Almost. He almost reaches the door. Only if Kyungsoo didn’t throw the plate in his hand right to Jongin’s head. The said boy falls head first on the floor, make a loud noise as a medium sized mirror crashed on him.

Jongin can hear a click sound from the door and quickly notices that Kyungsoo had locked them in this room while the others banging and kicking it. Sehun still has his seizure and from what it seems, he’s trying hard to breathes.

More minutes left with Sehun rolling all over the floor and Jongin force himself not to lose his conciousness with Kyungsoo sitting on a chair, watching his dongsaengs suffering. A painful groans coming from the dongsaengs as Sehun rolled over and bumped into Jongin. The shards make his white t-shirt stained by red flowers of blood.

It was almost inaudible but Jongin could still hear Sehun wishpered, “Why is it dark, hyung? I can’t breathe...please, turn on the light...I can’t...”

With a soft ‘I see Luhan hyung’ from the maknae, Jongin feels hot tears rolling over his burnt cheeks. He did saw Sehun’s smile before the boy trembles a bit. Oxygens and carbon dioxydes felt cold on Jongin’s face from Sehun who’s panting. And there’s a long silence before Kyungsoo bend his lips into a sweet crescent.

“I did it, Jonggie... I made him stop. With a bottle of hemlock.”

Jongin can’t feel anything when he moves his fingers. The door falls right on to him and the last thing he heard was the other’s screams.