Final

Why [One-Shot]

"I love her"
HyunJoong looked at his brother, "Oh really?"
"Yes, hyung"
"Then why are you telling me this?"
"Hyung, have you loved her before?"

Without hesitating at all, he casually said, "Nope, not at all"
"Then why did you agree to the contract?"
"HyungJoon ah, there isn't really much a choice, father wants it and he needs it for the company, and you know it too" HyunJoong said while still staring at the schedule he has for the next day
"But hyung, doesn't SooJin love you?"
"She's even younger than you by 3 years old, she wouldn't know what is love"

"But hyung, she really loves you and treat this relationship very seriously even though it's just a contract"
"That i was forced to sign"
HyungJoon glared at his hyung solemnly and HyunJoong know that glare.
"HyungJoon, it's not that i'm not treating it seriously, i mean, we do look like a couple right?"
"Yes hyung"
"Which, again, i was forced to do"

Using the wrong tone again especially after knowing his own brother loves the woman he was with, he explained again apologetically.
"I know you love her, actually i have always known. From your actions, your concern. Because you are my brother, i know what all your actions meant. But you do understand the reason to this whole contract thing, don't you? If i don't act like i love her, father's company will be dead in her mother's hands"
"Then when will it end?"
Remembering the conditions written in the contract, HyunJoong sighed "It can't end"

The next morning HyungJoon lied on his bed while his hyung had already gone to work. Breakfast was ready, prepared by SooJin who currently stays at their house until she and HyunJoong are married. HyungJoon stared at his ceiling while he recalled what his hyung last told him.
"SooJin's mother demanded that it's a livetime contract. If we break up or even divorce after marriage, she'll stop the business with father's company and our family will probably go broke in no time. There's almost, or rather definitely, no way out of this"

Wouldn't her heart be hurt? Wouldn't she be loving HyunJoong for nothing? HyungJoon didn't know what to do, because he can't actually do anything at all. Sitting down at the table for breakfast with SooJin, HyungJoon had hesitated very long before he had the courage to speak up.
"SooJin ah, what do you think of hyung?"
"Good" SooJin replied shortly after he asked
"Do you love him?"
"Neh, of course"
"Even if it's just a contract at the first place?"
"Well, it's the process that counts"

"Does he love you?"
SooJin looked at him for a while, unsure yet replying with a assuring look "I guess so"
"What if.. he doesn't love you?"
A sound of the fork falling on the plate was heard, before the question set SooJin's mind racing. She had asked herself that question when they just signed the contract. She had asked herself when she moved in with them. And she had always asked herself whenever they had fights. Even now, when she knows she's deeply in love, she questions about his love for her.

At first it was nothing. It was a demand from her mother to do this and she can't defy it. Attracted by just HyunJoong's looks, she thought it'll be quite a easy act to put up. But through times and talks together, she fell into the trap. She loved him since then. He was so gentle towards her. So caring, so gentlemanly. Just when she thought it was all an act in front of their parents, HyunJoong had delivered their first kiss to her, embracing her under the moonlight, just the two of them. His lips gave her the warmth and the assurance that this love was true.

There were fights that couples normally have. She was always afraid to lose him each and every time. The contract might threaten him, but SooJin didn't want that. She doesn't want this love to be controlled by a piece of contract. She only want the true love between them. And in each and every of these little fights, HyungJoon always comes in to comfort SooJin. In fact, HyungJoon was always more heartbroken than SooJin. Seeing someone whom he loves crying her heart out for so many times, he himself couldn't take it and that's why he decided to tell his hyung the truth. Yet SooJin doesn't realise a thing about HyungJoon's feelings for her.

Her only feelings for HyungJoon was, she was thankful.
"I guess, i would still have you"
SooJin smiled like a little girl and continued eating her breakfast. She didn't even answered HyungJoon's question, and HyungJoon understood her words. She just treats him like a support. A support whom she goes to only when she needs him. When she doesn't, he'll be left alone. He is her knight who protects her, but he isn't the one she loves. Because the one she loves, is the prince.

HyunJoong had returned home early that day. Their parents as usual had to work even later in the company so usually only the 3 of them are left at home. After dinner, HyungJoon had gone back to his room while SooJin and HyunJoong had their usual couple time alone. However, it was not long after that HyungJoon heard some quarreling happening again outside his room. Eavesdropping at the conversation, he stood beside his door and kept quiet.

"I said let go!" HyunJoong shouted heartlessly
"Oppa you still remember you signed a contract right?" SooJin forced out between her cries
"You don't use a contract to threaten me because it doesn't work at all"
"But oppa, why!"
"There's no why! Because i don't find a meaning to this relationship, is that enough?"

"You mean you don't love me?"
"I never did, it was all for the contract can't you see?"
SooJin's heart stopped for the moment while HyunJoong released himself from her grip.
"What did you say, oppa?" she tried calming herself, and hoped for a different answer
"I don't love you, the one who loves you is my brother, Kim HyungJoon. So go sign a contract with him, i'm sure your mother wouldn't mind the second son of the family"
"But i mind, oppa. I mind, because it's you whom i love!"

"So you think i cared?"
"If not what are those words of love for? What are those kisses for? Just for a show?"
"What do you think? I thought you'll realise my brother's love whenever i had fights with you, but you never did. So you only know how to use my brother?"
"No it's not like that!"
"Then don't love me! This love is just forced out by a contract. Your love for me isn't true at all. At the first place, do you understand love at all? No you don't!"

"I do oppa, because i love you" SooJin tried to explain
"No no no, no need for your love alright, Joon SooJin. It's over between us already, araso? And stop your childish love, you've never experienced what true love was, isn't it? True love, is filled with the worst and the best. Is yours filled like that? No, so stop your nonsense"
"But oppa, isn't ours filled like that? Our love?"
"Ani, because i have no feelings for you at all. None."

HyunJoong then walked away, not caring about SooJin's cryings and bawls. HyungJoon rushed out of his room and went beside SooJin.
"Kwenchana, SooJin?"
"Hyung..Joon?" SooJin stared at him and remembered what HyunJoong said
"Hyung doesn't mean what he says, so don't take it to heart and stop crying okay?"
"Ani..Shiro...Go away, just go away, please" more tears flowed down again

Pushing HyungJoon away when he tried to comfort her, HyungJoon couldn't just sit there and leave her alone. HyunJoong had revealed the truths, SooJin can't pretend she didn't hear a thing either. SooJin was now so afraid to face HyungJoon. She had scars over her heart now, until it seemed like as if she might not be able to take it anytime now. HyungJoon looked at her, hesitated and couldn't take it anymore.

Pulling her wrist, HyungJoon forcefully pulled her towards him. Those fragile eyes were taken by surprise, yet still overflowing with tears. But it was just a moment's time, HyungJoon's heart had broken too and his tears flowed for the first time in front of SooJin. They were for her. As well as the kiss. He had pressed his lips against hers, even if it might cause things to worsen between the 3 of them. It was all he thought of doing, and he wasn't afraid of the consequences. Because he loved her.

But it was also during that period of time, SooJin realised this passionate love HyungJoon has for her. And only during this period, she opened up to him. Her lips parted, and allowed HyungJoon's tongue to explore. Just within a minute, both of them were as if drunk, especially SooJin. Drunk because of love. Without caring and realising what they are doing, the kiss got more intense eventually. SooJin had her arms over HyungJoon's neck, before HyungJoon lost his balance and two of them landed on the floor with SooJin on top of HyungJoon. But this didn't stop the chain of kiss, it continued as if they were lovers. Or maybe, they are now.

Dear diary,
A drop of tear hit the floor silently behind the wall as i turned to have my back facing the wall. I didn't know what this feeling was. I was the one who wanted to end this, so why am i feeling like this when i see them finally loving. I didn't love her at all, i wanted my brother to have her. Yet why? My thoughts were confused, i thought it was all a dream. But i was wrong. The next morning i went to HyungJoon's room.

I saw her. Cuddling under my brother's embrace, they looked like they weren't drunk. They were real. The proof? Clothes and pants were all over the floor. His hands were touching her soft skin. Under that blanket, every part of them must have touched. Those legs must have rubbed against each other for comfort. Their body temperature must have been felt by each other. They must have kissed, from forehead to lips to neck and to every part of the body.

My heart told me something i couldn't believe. It said, that person lying on the bed beside her should be me. It said, i should be the one who has access to every part of her. It said, that baby developing now in her body should be mine, and not my brother's. And it said, i shouldn't have hurt her, because my heart is now in danger, because i was stupid, and because, i love her.
Why didn't i realise this love and cherish it earlier? HyunJoong.