You're My Best Birthday Present

You're My Best Birthday Present

“SEHUN WAKE UP~~” A loud squeal could be heard and Sehun, who was sleeping soundly, suddenly felt his bed moving. Someone was jumping on his bed and he knew who he was. His blanket got pulled away from his body, making Sehun shiver as he was exposed to the cool air emitted from the air conditioner.

 

“5 more minutes, hyung…” the maknae mumbled as he flipped to his belly and placed his pillow over his head.

 

“NO WAKE UP NOW~~” Luhan wailed as he tugged on Sehun’s arm. Sehun groaned as he sat up on his bed, scratching his head in annoyance. Eyes still half-closed, he could see a blur image of the little bouncy hyung sitting on the bed, smiling crazily. Suddenly he felt warmth as Luhan lunged forward and gave him a big hug.

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUNNIE!!!~”

 

Oh yeah. It was Sehun’s birthday.

 

“Happy Birthday Sehun~~” Xiumin greeted cutely, and Sehun patted his head. A chorus of well wishes followed, flooding the whole kitchen. Kyungsoo had prepared Sehun’s favourite food, a whole plate of sushi.

 

“OWAH!!” Sehun who had still been half awake immediately became energized as he saw the hot stew on the table.

 

“What are you going to do today, Sehun?” Suho asked as he smiled at how much Sehun was enjoying his breakfast.

 

“I haf a schefule fuday.” Sehun said with his mouth full and continued digging into Kyungsoo’s cooking.

 

“What?! Schedule on your birthday?! What a bummer.” Kai lay back on his chair. Luhan pouted. Why does Sehun have to work on his birthday? It was so unfair. Plus it won’t be long before EXO-M have to return to China. All the members had schedules as well, or plans to head out, except Luhan. And Luhan had been planning to bring Sehun to the Zoo; but it looks like that will be impossible now.

 

Sehun looked up and saw his pouting boyfriend, which he found extremely cute. Pinching Luhan’s cheeks, he replied, “Don’t be sad! I will be back before you know it!” Sehun was about to give Luhan a peck but was interrupted by a grumpy Tao who muttered firmly “Hey, No intimacy during breakfast.”

 

“And that includes you two too!!” Tao turned and glared at Kai, who had his arm slung over Kyungsoo who was sitting beside him, and his lips inches away from D.O’s cheek.

 

“Hmph. Just because Kris is out for a jog and not here to be intimate with him he just has to take it out on us.” Kai mumbled, earning a whack on the head from Kyungsoo.

 

If Tao heard that, things will not turn out nice.

 

“See you later hyung!” Sehun gave a quick peck on Luhan’s cheek secretly, not wanting Tao to see and start yelling at him again. Luhan waved goodbye to the birthday boy. Each member left the dorm one by one to their individual schedules and soon, Luhan was left alone in the dorm.

 

Luhan paced around the living room. What should he do for Sehun? He needed to give him a present that showed his love. Buying something is just not good enough.

 

He need to… make something.

 

“YES!!” Luhan shouted as he snapped his fingers. He grabbed his wallet and keys and ran out of the dorm to the nearest supermarket.

 

“Okay, eggs, flour, sugar, milk…” Luhan compared all the ingredients he had bought with the recipe book he took from Kyungsoo’s shelf, making sure he had everything he needed to make a chocolate cake.

 

“Time to get started!!” Luhan clapped his hands together. He checked his watch. He had 3 hours before Sehun’s return at 6pm.

 

Plenty of time.

 

“Hmm…one cup of flour… two eggs… Well lets not be stingy, and I am sure the others would want to eat too.” Luhan thought as he broke four eggs and poured 2 cups of flour into the mixing bowl. Throwing in double of the other necessary ingredients, Luhan followed the instructions on the cook book. He mixed, he stirred, and he battered.

 

By the time he had place the mixture in the oven, Luhan’s face was already covered in flour, and so is the kitchen. There were egg shells and bits of yolk on the flour; and the table was just spotted with sugar.

 

Luhan was a neat person, but for baking? NEVER

 

“45 minutes? Hmmm… But since I put in double of the servings, I guess the time for the cake to bake have to be doubled too.” The Chinese member shrugged and after setting the timer to 90 minutes, he yawned and decided to take a nap.

 

He never knew baking could be more tiring than dancing.

 

“LUHANNIE HYUNG I AM HOME!!!” Sehun announced as he stepped into the dorm. There was no reply. No little deer running and jumping into his arms. No little deer giving him a kiss, welcoming him home.

 

Weird.

 

 It was so unlike his boyfriend.

 

And even worse, it was Sehun’s birthday.

 

Something must have happened.

 

“Hyung?...” Sehun checked his room. No sign of little deer.

 

Suddenly, he heard soft cries…

 

Trailing the sound, Sehun realized it was coming from the kitchen.

 

“Luhannie hyung?...” Sehun stepped into the kitchen and was so utterly shocked that he had to lean back on the wall for support. The kitchen was in a horrible mess. Flour, eggs and sugar could be seen scattered everywhere. There was still some smoke emitting from the opened oven.

 

“WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!” Sehun yelled. Kyungsoo is so going to faint if he saw what happened to his kitchen.

 

“Sniff… Sehunnie…” Sehun turned towards the direction of the cry. And there, at the corner of the kitchen, was Luhan. He had brought his knees up to his chest, and was hugging it. There were tears on his face.

 

“Oh my… Don’t cry hyung! What happened?” Sehun rushed to the aid of his lover. Comforting him with small on the head.

 

“Sniff… I want… wanted to bake you a…a…cake. And… it… failed!!!” Luhan pointed shakily at the counter. Sehun turned, and saw a lump of black and brown goo in a baking tin. That must be the cake.

 

“My present for you is ruined!!” Luhan burst into tears again. Sehun stared at his crying boyfriend.

 

Suddenly, Luhan felt a pair of warm hands on his cheeks, as his face was lifted up to meet the eyes of the Sehun.

 

“Hyung, I don’t need a cake! You have already given me the best birthday present!” Sehun smiled.

 

“I… I did? What?...” the Chinese boy was confused.

 

“My best birthday present… was you.” Sehun pressed his lips against Luhan’s.

 

“OH MY KITCHEN!!! WHAT HAPPENED?!?!” Kyungsoo’s scream caused the loving couple to break their kiss. There stood a petrified D.O, his wide eyes roaming the whole messy kitchen. Spotting the Hunhan couple at the corner, Kyungsoo pointed an accusing finger at the couple.

 

“You… You two!! What did you-“

 

“Sorry guys, continue with your lovey dovey time.” Kai suddenly appeared behind Kyungsoo, lifting the singer up in his arms and carried him away from the kitchen. Kyungsoo’s screams could still be heard and when it suddenly stopped, Sehun knew Jongin had kissed him to shut him up.

 

Turning back to face Luhan, both of them smiled at each other.

 

“Happy Birthday Sehunnie~” Luhan whispered as he gave a peck on Sehun’s forehead.

 

This was the best birthday ever, Sehun thought.

 

 

~fin~

 

 

A/N: hunhan FTW! i freaking love hunhan to no end, i swear.