First Day Of Winter

Angel Of Wind

Actually I've posted this chapter before and I believed a few readers had read it. I'm sorry that I deleted it because I need to edit the chapter, kekeke ~

And again, I'M SORRY IF IT DISAPPOINTS YOU TT__TT

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I can't hear your voice

I can't call your name

But if we meet in our dreams,

I'll hug you tightly

 

 

 

It’s the first day of winter. The spring has long gone, leaving such an experience for a bunch of angels. They’re still talking about Jongin and Hwara, the couple they helped a few months ago.

 

Baekhyun gazed happily at the pond. “So good to know they’re being happy with each other.”

 

“But Jongin’s memories never came back.” Minseok murmured.

 

“At least they’re being together again!” Chanyeol chirped with his deep voice. “And they even got more intimate than ever.”

 

“Because Jongin said to us that he’s sure he’ll meet her again and love her even more than he already does.” Baekhyun said in excitement, “who knows those words are going to be proved.”

 

Yixing chuckled at Baekhyun. The clown is totally happy these days. Yixing thought it’s because he finally agreed to destroy the Tears Of Spring, but turns out that the reason behind those smiles is because Baekhyun is just Baekhyun. It’s his nature that he got his strength from the happiness of mortals.

 

“Hey, it’s the first day of winter.” Minseok suddenly said. “Today is the thirtieth anniversary of Sehun as the angel of wind!”

 

Chanyeol gasped. “Oh you’re right! Where is he anyway?”

 

Yixing smiled, gazing at a guy far from him, who’s reading a thick book as always. “He’s reminiscing him.”

 

 

 

Sehun stared at the pages in front of him. He has been reading the same thick book for many years now, ever since the day he left that mortal. He has been reading the same book, looking at the same pages, without bothering to turn the page. He read a lots of books actually, but he always ended up with the same book.

 

The book he has been reading forever is one of the books named as Spring Journal. It contains identities of all the wishers that ever came to them in spring. The page he has been looking at forever is the page of someone he knows. The right page contains the identity of him. And the left page contains the directly previous wisher, the one who wished in spring right before him.

 

He read the words written on the left page, and read the last words written, over and over again. As what he has been doing in the previous years.

 

 

_________________________________________________

 

 

No one ever wanted to be a friend of the mushroomed hair guy named Luhan.

 

Xi Luhan was plainly a child prodigy. He’s beautiful in appearance and attitude, talented at dancing and singing, mastered the formulas of rubik cube, excelled at piano, and has always been a smarty one at the school. Nevertheless, a child prodigy, who adored and so loved by his parents and everyone who knows him.

 

It was after his twelfth birthday when he starts to had headache. The first ones were just a tiny pain. Then it grows to a killing pain. And one day, Luhan passed out at the Math class.

 

Since then, Luhan grows weaker and weaker, more weaker than before. He couldn’t dance anymore because it’ll drains all his energy. He couldn’t sing properly because his lung won’t make it. He can’t stand for more than around fifteen minutes. He lacks at body balance. And one by one, day by day, his friends starts to leave him.

 

It was another fine spring day in his eighteenth year of life when Luhan gazed at the sky. He didn’t realize that tears are flowing on his cheeks. He just couldn’t bear the feeling of loneliness. He was everything people wanted, but now he’s nothing more than a loner who no one would want.

 

Please give me a friend I needed the most..’

 

Then a soft whirl of wind brushes on his cheeks, as a weird pleasingly burning sensation played inside him.

 

As if he’s going to fly.

 

____

 

 

House of angels are simply colored in white. There are just a few stuffs such as couches and tables, and a book shelf. There’s a park at the backyard, with a small pond, the medium for the angels to see the view on earth.

 

There’s Yixing, the angel of healing, the leader of the league, also known as the angel of spring, where flowers bloomed as if they’re healed. There’s Minseok, the angel of snow, took the responsibilities in winter. There’s Chanyeol, the angel of fire who played his ability mostly in summer. There’s also Baekhyun, angel of light, tends to help Yixing. And there’s a lots of angels who got their own job, but they lived in another house.

 

At first they thought they’re complete as four. But they failed to notice the fatal lack they had.

 

They don’t really have the angel for autumn.

 

So they’re gazing at a deer eyed boy with brown mushroom hair. His tiny face looks afraid. His tiny body is shaking.

 

“Should we take him as the new angel?” Baekhyun whispered to Yixing.

 

Yixing shook his head. “Angels don’t get picked from doorsteps.” he started his speech, “we, the thirty thousandth generation of prime angels, are made of pure happiness and goods in every seasons. We only need the autumn one. Angels that we could pick are those who born from true emotion and the honesty of love, pure sacrifices and the absence of egos.”

 

“Yixing,” Baekhyun rolled his eyeballs, “I only asked eight words and you replied a speech.”

 

“What’s your name?” Minseok asked to the tiny guy.

 

The guy blinked twice before he answered. “L-Luhan.”

 

“What your wish would be?” Yixing asked the question he has been asking to every wisher he met.

 

Luhan whispered. “I want a friend.” he said. “I’m so lonely. I want a friend who will stay with me whenever I needed him to accompany me.”

 

“Why do you need someone to accompany you?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“I have no friend.” Luhan answered in sadness. “I’ve always been so lonely. I’ve been spending my time at the hospital, dealing with medical treatments. How I wished I have someone who could cheer me up everytime I needed it.”

 

Yixing stared at him. “So, if somehow you became healthy again and you can leave the hospital, you won’t need him anymore?”

 

Luhan bites his upper lips. “Well, I don’t really know.”

 

“Okay, then,” Yixing sighed. Then he hand out a cute tiny bunny figurine.

 

Before Luhan could ask what that is, Yixing already said it. “Doppelganger Bunny.” he said, “it can turn to human. Just imagine a human and it would turn out just the same as the appearance you’ve imagined. You could imagine some idols to make it easier. And, when you don’t need him anymore, he’ll turn back into this figurine form. Just. For. Once.”

 

Luhan blinked as he stared at the bunny figurine on Yixing’s hand. It’s so cute, with white fur and sleepy eyes. “What do you mean?”

 

Yixing sighed. “I mean, it could turn to human only for once. When it turned back into this figurine form again, it won’t be able to turn into human anymore. You can’t use it for more than once.”

 

Luhan nodded innocently.

 

“But, as the exchange for this,” Yixing added, “you need to give us something precious of yours.”

 

“R-really?” Luhan stuttered. “B-but I don’t think I have anything precious.”

 

“Well, you need to exchange something.” Yixing stated with a tempting calmness.

 

It took a long minute for Luhan to decide. “You can take my memories of him. When he turned back to figurine again, you can take my memories away.”

 

Baekhyun winced. “Are you sure? Because – “

 

“Well, I guess that’s all. Here’s the contract.” Yixing said as a sheet of old light brown paper appeared, floating next to him, with gold ink delicately scratched each line on it.

 

“If you have any problems and complains, you could always come to this house again,” Yixing said again, “just close your eyes and imagine us as you hold this figurine, and you’re here.” he added, “contract accepted”.

 

“Hey, before you go,” Chanyeol said, “what kind of appearance you want it to be?”

 

Luhan lifted his shoulder. “Something beautiful, I guess?”

 

They watched as Luhan slowly fading away.

 

 

_____

 

 

Luhan stared at the bunny figurine, and then at the guy in front of him.

 

The guy is wearing all white clothes. He has that pale white skin. He’s tall indeed, with slender fingers and pinkish lips. He has brown stylish hair. And he got a pair of sleepy eyes. Just like the bunny.

 

Beautiful.

 

“H-hi?” Luhan nervously said.

 

The guy smiled. He has a tiny smile. “Hi.”

 

Luhan found that voice is surprisingly addicting.

 

“Do you.. have a name?” Luhan asked.

 

The guy shook his head.

 

“Well, I should give you a name, then.” Luhan said before he took a minute to decide a good name for his new friend.

 

The guy patiently wait as Luhan frowned and frowned, keep thinking a perfect name for him. He chuckled silently as his deer eyed master ruffled his own mushroom hair while murmuring something he barely heard.

 

Then, in an instant, Luhan smiled at him. “Sehun.”

 

Sehun.” the guy repeated the name that was just given to him. “It’s a wonderful name, master.”

 

“No no, don’t call me that.” Luhan protested, “call me Luhan.”

 

Sehun nodded. “Luhan.”

 

Then after a few seconds, Luhan shook his head again. “No, don’t call me Luhan.” he said, “add ‘hyung’ after that.”

 

“Oh?” Sehun murmured, “Luhan hyung.”

 

Somehow the name felt so good on his lips.

 

_____

 

 

“Hyung, why is that box has a moving pictures on it??”

 

“Hyung, what is that? Why are you stuffing that into your mouth? Why are you chewing it?”

 

“Hyung, what were you doing?? You hair, it’s dripping wet! But you smell like vanilla.”

 

“Hyung, what were they telling you? Why are you crying?? What is ‘lung cancer’??”

 

It’s been two weeks and Sehun is a fast learner. He learnt a lots of things about human. How they got hungry, how they’re sensitive over little things, how some of them expressed their feelings so well while some of them just can’t express the tiniest feeling they had. He learnt how they could laugh at the reality that they’re not lucky, how they loved to drink the weird liquid called Bubble Tea, how their eyes could be so bright, how their perfect smile could be so addictive. He learnt that human is, somehow, a perfect creature, yet the most broken one.

 

Or he simply learnt a lots of things about Luhan.

 

“It’s a pity that you don’t eat and drink.” Luhan said when they’re sitting on a bench, gazing at a tree at the middle of the hospital park. “You can’t taste Bubble Tea.”

 

“Is it really good?” Sehun asked as he stared at the weird liquid in a plastic cup, in Luhan’s tiny squeezable hand.

 

Luhan nodded excitedly. “It tastes so good! Especially mine, it’s Taro flavored.”

 

Sehun winced. Even the name sounds weird.

 

“Hyung, you haven’t told me a thing.” Sehun said.

 

Luhan gazed at him with confusion.

 

“Why did you asked for me?” Sehun asked as he stared at his pale white arm. There’s a beautiful rabbit ear tattoo. “Why did you needed me?”

 

Luhan sighed as he put his bubble tea cup next to him. He gazed at the sky, wondering where the House of Angels placed. “I’ve been so lonely by myself.”

 

“And why is that so?”

 

“Because I always been sick that I can’t play with my friends, which caused them to stay away from me. They said I’m no fun.” Luhan find it’s hard for him to actually talk about his past, because he has never really talked about it. “My health was so weak. I’ve been living in hospital for years. I got no friends here. Well, I actually have some, but when I became attached to them, they’re gone.”

 

“Your parents? Why are they not here to accompany you?” Sehun asked again.

 

Luhan chuckled in sarcasm. “They said they had schedules, they’re busy. But I know better.” he murmured. “They’re embarrassed to have a son like me. I know that.”

 

“Who on earth could be embarrassed by you, hyung?” Sehun said as he frowned, “I bet they’ll regret for being unable to spend time with you.”

 

It took a few seconds before Luhan gazed at Sehun. “Do you think I’m fun, Sehun?”

 

Sehun nodded excitedly. “Of course you are!”

 

It makes Luhan smiled so wide. “Will you stay with me, Sehun?”

 

“Of course, hyung.” Sehun said with the very same wide smile. And he smiled even wider when Luhan’s arms wrapped around his neck, Luhan’s warmth is seeping through his skin.

 

“I’m so happy to have you.” Luhan murmured. Sehun liked the feeling that caused by those simple words. It makes Sehun’s heart jumps in joy.

 

It also makes him forgot to ask until when Luhan needed him to stay.

 

_____

 

 

It’s a rainy day. Sehun could hear the noisy sound of raindrops hitting the ground, the rooftop, and everything they could fall onto. He could tell the sky is getting darker and darker, judging by how dim the scenery at Luhan’s hospital room. They’re on Luhan’s bed, cuddling into each other, with Luhan’s breath on the crook of Sehun’s neck. Luhan is not breathing steadily, but he’s always like that, as what Sehun had learnt before. Luhan has never breathed steadily. Always like panting, never in a steady rhythm.

 

He learnt that Luhan can’t walk properly. He needed to walk slowly just so he could keep the balance. Luhan gets tired so fast. Sometimes Luhan can’t even remember the way back to his room. Sometimes Luhan can’t tell the differences between left and right, sour and sweet, or even green and yellow. Luhan also forgets little things such as the time, or even the nurse’s name, or even the number of his room. But Sehun glad Luhan never forgot him. At least he should be glad of it.

 

“I am sick.” Luhan murmured in his hoarse voice.

 

“Sick?” Sehun repeated the unfamiliar word.

 

He could feel Luhan nodded. “I have a weak heart. I have a weird disease too, it’s called brain short term dysfunction. And to the addition, a month ago I found that I’m suffering under lung cancer.”

 

Sehun winced at the déjà vu as he heard the ‘lung cancer’ words. “H-hyung,” he murmured, “I don’t understand.”

 

“I’m dying.” Luhan finally said the word he scared of the most. “I’m going to die, Sehun-ah.”

 

“D-die??” Sehun asked in horror, though he don’t really understand the word either, “i-it means gone, right??”

 

Luhan shrugged. “Maybe.”

 

“But you’re going to be fine, right, hyung?” Sehun asked again, “you’re going to be healthy again, right??”

 

“I don’t know.” Luhan buried his face on Sehun’s shoulder. “But I don’t think that really matters anymore.”

 

Sehun frowned. “Why is that so?”

 

“Because if I got better and healthy again, it means that I don’t need you anymore. I want to need you. I need you.”

 

Even though Sehun can’t understand what Luhan means, somehow those words makes Sehun felt so happy yet so pained at the same time.

 

“Why do you want to need me?” Sehun asked in a low voice.

 

‘So, if somehow you became healthy again and you can leave the hospital, you won’t need him anymore?’

 

‘When you don’t need him anymore, he’ll turn back into this figurine form.’

 

‘You can take my memories of him. When he turned back to figurine again, you can take my memories away.’

 

Luhan decided over a second that he don’t have to tell Sehun the truth. “I just want to need you.”

 

If getting better means I have to forget you, I choose to dying instead.

 

Sehun sighed. He caressed Luhan’s silky hair so gently. Then he pull the other’s body closer to him, just so he could at least pretend that they could stay like that for good.

 

“Hyung…” Sehun whispered. “How long you needed me to stay with you?”

 

Luhan didn’t answered it at first. “Forever.” he whispered back. I wished.

 

 

_______

 

 

 

Yixing stared at the pale white skinned guy in front of him. He wondered what he’s doing here. “I never expected our product to wish on us.”

 

Sehun looked up to meet Yixing’s eyes. “Do you know what’s the meaning of ‘dying’?”

 

Yixing thought it’s a sarcastic question, but then he noticed the guy is truly asking him about it when he look into his innocent eyes. Then suddenly Yixing feels something is not good about his question.

 

“Where did you learn that word?” Yixing asked.

 

Sehun looked down. “Luhan hyung.” he said. “He said he’s dying. I thought dying means gone, but you know, I don’t really understand. I’m still lacking at understanding words.”

 

“Why did he said so?”

 

“I don’t know either.” Sehun shrugged. “But he seems so much pained. And I want to do anything to make him happy again.”

 

“What did he said except that?” Yixing asked again as he sits next to Sehun.

 

Sehun thought for a few seconds. “He said his health is not matters anymore, because if he got healthy again, it means that he don’t need me anymore. So he don’t want to be healthy again, therefore he could need me forever.”

 

Yixing nodded, understanding the words from Sehun’s lips. He gazed at the guy. “So, what are you doing here?”

 

Sehun’s eyebrows are furrowed. He’s thinking so hard. “I guess I was wishing to be able to stay with Luhan hyung even when he doesn’t need me anymore.”

 

“How adorable.” Yixing commented monotonously. “Never expected you guys to be so attached like that.”

 

“What can I do to be with him forever? What can I do to be with him even though he doesn’t need me anymore? What can I do to change the ‘need’ to ‘want’?” Sehun asked unstoppably. “What can I do to make him want me, not need me?”

 

“Wow, are you sure you’re still lacking at understanding words?” Yixing chuckled. “Well, I have a product, but we ran out of it. I’m still waiting for the delivery.”

 

Sehun sighed in disappointment. “Well, I shall wait, then.”

 

Yixing watched as the guy became more gloomier and gloomier. He sighed. He hates to see wishers getting disappointed because of him. He hates the feeling of not being able to do anything for his wishers. It’s humiliating him in and out.

 

So he snapped his fingers, and then suddenly a tiny bottle popped in the air, floating right above his hand. The bottle is beautiful, with a shining transparent liquid in it.

 

“W-what is that?” Sehun asked in awe.

 

Yixing glanced at the tiny bottle. “I don’t really have a name for it exactly.” he said as he thought for a while, “maybe I should name it Tears Of Spring.”

 

“Tears Of Spring?” Sehun winced.

 

Yixing nodded. “Made by the tears of a baby born at the very first day of spring. Don’t ask how did I get the idea.” he chuckled. “It’s a new product. And you should be the first user.”

 

Sehun’s eyes are widened. “Really?”

 

“Yes.” Yixing said. “I’ll explain how it works. If you drink this liquid, you’ll transform into everything you wanted, for ten days. After that, at the moment when the moon is going to disappear and sun is going to rise – “ he paused before he speak again, “ouch, that sounds a bit messy, huh?”

 

Sehun can’t say anything because he doesn’t understand.

 

“I’ll use a more poetic words, then.” Yixing murmured. “Okay, at the moment of… hmm, fading moon and rising sun – yes, ‘fading moon and rising sun’ it is – , you can have the one last magic. You could use the magic to keep the form you wanted.”

 

“But I think I don’t want to transform into anything.” Sehun murmured.

 

“I have a plan for you.” Yixing said again, “interested enough to know?”

 

Sehun blinked. “What is it?”

 

Yixing faked his coughs before he speaks again. “You could transform into human. I mean, the real human, not just the doppelganger of it.” he starts to explain. “The contract says when he doesn’t need you anymore, you’ll turn into the figurine bunny again and he’ll for – “ he paused a few seconds, “uhm, I mean, the point is, you’ll automatically turn into figurine again when he doesn’t need you anymore, and you can’t be with him just in a figurine form, right? So, you should transform into human. That way, even though he doesn’t need you anymore, you still can be with him because you don’t have to turn into figurine anymore once you’ve became a human.”

 

It took a whole minute for Sehun to understand every single words Yixing said, and then he beamed a smile. “You’re right!! What a great plan you got there!!”

 

Yixing smirked in victory. “I’m a genius, right?”

 

Sehun nodded excitedly. “Okay, I’ll use that!”

 

“Wow, easy, buddy, have you forgot something?”

 

“What?”

 

“The exchange.” Yixing said that with a poetic melody, “you haven’t forgot that you need to exchange this tiny life-changing bottle with something precious of yours, right?”

 

For that, Sehun frowned in a thick confusion.

 

“Come on, what will you exchange this with?” Yixing pointed at the floating bottle next to him. “Procedure is procedure. It applies to humans and even our products, which is a very rare case to have our product as one of the wishers.”

 

“But I don’t think I have something precious.” Sehun murmured.

 

“Think again. You could give anything. As longs as it’s precious.” Yixing hummed the last words like a lullaby.

 

Sehun frowned as he laid back on the couch. What can he offer to Yixing? He don’t really have precious things. He barely have anything. Right, he don’t have anything.

 

Then after a few minutes, Sehun stared at Yixing. “I really don’t know what I can give you.”

 

Yixing sighed. “I’ll ask that again at the tenth day, the moment when the next magic appears.” he said as he handed Sehun the bottle. “Keep thinking, okay?”

 

“Is it really fine? I mean, we don’t know if I could find anything to exchange this with.” Sehun said.

 

“It’s alright.” Yixing smiled. Not a sarcastic one, just a genuine smile. “I know you’ll find it.”

 

Watching the pale guy is staring blankly at the bottle, Yixing chuckled in amusement. “Just drink it already!”

 

Sehun nodded and does what Yixing told him to. The liquid is tasteless. On his tongue. But sooner a weird sensation inside his stomach grows and he couldn’t help but stares at Yixing, questioning the poker faced angel what is exactly happening with him.

 

 

 

 

Luhan gazed at the guy in front of him with such a widened eyes. The guy in front of him is smiling widely, despite the sweats all over his face, his panting breaths, and the complains about how exhausted he is after running all the way to Luhan’s room.

 

He’s not mistaken. The guy is breathing and sweating and even feel pain.

 

“S-Sehun,” Luhan tried to speak, “y-you’re breathing? How can you breathing??”

 

Sehun lets out a sheepish smile as he nodded. “Hyung,” he called desperately, “I became a human!”

 

Luhan gasped. “W-what??”

 

“I became a human for you, hyung!” Sehun chirped, “so there won’t be any reason for you to lose me even when you don’t need me anymore.”

 

It surprised Luhan how the words makes him smiled as wide as he could, while his weak heart is jumping in joy. “Really??”

 

Sehun was just about to nod when suddenly Luhan pulled him into a tight hug. A warm tight hug. Though Luhan’s tinier than him, he could feel Luhan is pulling him whole into his arms, locking him as if that way he won’t go anywhere.

 

“Sehun,” Luhan murmured, “you know what, I don’t need you anymore.”

 

Sehun blinked. “What do you mean, hyung?”

 

Somehow Sehun know Luhan is smiling. “I don’t need you anymore, “ Luhan said. He purposely added a pause before he said, “I want you now.”

 

And for that, Sehun swear he could’ve fly to the highest sky, even higher than where the house of angels placed.

 

 

______

 

 

“This is absolutely good.”

 

Luhan grinned when he saw Sehun is drinking his bubble tea excitedly. “I know. Hey, that’s the vanilla one.”

 

“And you’re drinking the Taro one?” Sehun stared at Luhan’s bubble tea.

 

“Yes, it’s Taro,” Luhan nodded, “but I like the chocolate one too.”

 

“So how many flavors does Bubble Tea have? Besides of vanilla, Taro, and chocolate?” Sehun winced.

 

Luhan rolled his eyeballs. “I’ll just take you there so you could see the flavors yourself.”

 

“Okay.” Sehun murmured. Then he stared at Luhan again. “Hyung, if somehow I didn’t became a human, what do you want me to be?”

 

“What do you mean?” Luhan asked as he sips his bubble tea.

 

“If I didn’t became a human,” Sehun repeated again, “what would you like me to be?”

 

Luhan tapped his fingers on the cup while thinking. “Hmm, the wind, I guess?”

 

“Huh? The wind?”

 

Luhan nodded. “The wind.”

 

“Why is that so?” Sehun frowned.

 

Luhan lets out a gentle smile. “Wind can’t be seen.” he said as he wandered his gaze. “But it can be felt always, because it’s always there, whirling around.” then he stared at Sehun. “If you became the wind, it means that you’ll be always there around me, right?”

 

Even though he doesn’t really understand, Sehun nodded with a wide smile.

 

 

 

 

Sehun has been living as a human for around one month now. He finally experienced everything he learnt back then. He eat, he drink, he got exhausted, he laughed until his chest hurt, he sleep, and many other things he had never imagined before. Sooner he learnt that peoples need to work to survive with their lives, so Sehun wandered around the city for a day and found a proper job at a library. Sehun loves books after all, so he take that job with its advantages. Maybe it took some of his time with Luhan, but if it means he could get Luhan’s even wider smile everytime he came back to the hospital with a cup of bubble tea and strawberry cheesecake, then he’s happy with it. And he need to admit that being a human is not the only reason of his happiness right now.

 

It’s because Luhan’s health is improving more and more. It’s another two months later when the doctor pronounced that all of those treatments and a couple of surgeries works on him. Luhan’s heart is getting stronger, the cancer at his lung is being cured effectively, and thanks to the medical treatment for brain, finally Luhan doesn’t need to be afraid to bump into peoples and walls. He feel good. He’s fine. And to much more pleasuring, he has Sehun with him.

 

It surprised Sehun back then, when Yixing arrived at the tenth days of their contract, saying that he needed to fix the contract or the magic of the liquid, or even the other thing he doesn’t understand. The point is, Yixing is letting him live as a human for a longer time. After warning Sehun that he needed to be careful with his life as human, Yixing disappeared into a sparkling dust.

 

Luhan’s parents let him buy a new spacious apartment. Not because they didn’t care about their son, but it’s because they know Luhan is not used to the feel of being in a house with a couple of peoples to share with. They thought Luhan wants to be alone, to open a new page of his life. Luhan chuckled at the idea. Well, he’s happy to have a new apartment indeed. But they’re wrong about Luhan being alone. It would be a perfect slap in the face for them if they find Sehun’s clothes and weird stuffs the sleepy eyed guy bought from an old bookstore.

 

Luhan never thought that living with a human named Sehun is going to be so easy like this, as if having Sehun on his bed, or even on his couch, or even in the kitchen, are the most natural things in the world, as if it’s meant to be like that since the very first place.

 

Sehun never thought being a human is going to be so pleasing like this. But maybe it’s because he’s living with Luhan. Yes, it surely is. Life as a human won’t be so happy like this if it’s not Luhan who stayed with him. Sehun never expected Luhan to bring such a happiness.

 

A happiness that crucially broken in one fine autumn day.

 

It was too fast. A red sedan is moving towards them in such a speed, causing Sehun and Luhan to dodge away from their spot. The red sedan didn’t hit them indeed, but Luhan was just too far from Sehun, and before Sehun could watch the scene completely, all he could remember is a truck braked with all its might, but it was too late, because when it stops, it hits Luhan directly, throwing the guy onto the street around eight meters from it.

 

Sehun could never understand how destiny works. They were just fine. Luhan was just fine. Luhan was just brightly smiling at him as usual. They were just simply going to buy the very usual bubble tea. They were just casually walking together with intertwined fingers, shy glances and soft giggles. They were just naturally crossing the street.

 

But now he find Luhan’s freezing in front of him, with eyes shut, inside the ambulance car.

 

Somehow Sehun hated to be in the hospital again. Though it’s the place where he met the happiness of his life, somehow he found hospital annoys him so much. It reminds him that Luhan could be taken away from him.

 

He was waiting barely patiently outside the ICU for the doctor to come out and tell him how’s Luhan doing, when a butterfly flies above him. He could’ve ignored the tiny butterfly, if only he didn’t noticed that the butterfly is slightly different as what he used to see. It’s shining, there’s a bright light on the tips of its wings, and it left traces of sparkly dust as it flies. Out of nowhere, Sehun find himself following where the butterfly goes. From the corridor to the hospital park.

 

He froze when he met Yixing and another guy next to him. Maybe an angel too. He looks so bright, as if his skin could shine like light.

 

“I came at the very right time, huh?” Yixing chuckled to the angel next to him. “Baekhyun, I think you have to check on the poor Luhan.”

 

The latter nodded and smiled gently to Sehun before he disappeared.

 

Sehun gazed at Yixing. “He’s going to be alright.” he said. “He’s going to be alright.”

 

Yixing narrowed his eyes on the tree not so far from them before he turned his gaze on Sehun again. “Actually, not.” he said. “I saw the angel of time wandering around the ICU. Well, you can’t see him.”

 

“Angel of time?”

 

“Yes, which is very similar to angel of death.” Yixing speaks again. “Luhan is going to be taken away in a few minutes.”

 

Sehun stared at Yixing with the most sorrowful stare he ever did. He stared at Yixing because he doesn’t know where to look anymore. He winced when he felt something urging to burst out from his eyes. A stream of strangely hot liquid rushed down his cheeks.

 

“Y-Yixing, w-what’s happening to me??” Sehun wiped the liquid away and look at it, “my eyes are getting wet out of nowhere, what’s happening to me??”

 

Yixing blinked with his expressionless face. “You’re crying.”

 

Crying?? Like what Luhan hyung did when I was still a doppelganger?” Sehun winced when he heard his own voice is hoarse.

 

Yixing frowned, but then he nodded in acknowledgement. “Oh, right,” Yixing smiled sadly, “you’ve never cried when you’re with Luhan.”

 

“The death angel, who is he?? He can’t take Luhan hyung away from me! Please, Yixing,” Sehun pleaded, letting the strange liquid streams down faster and faster on his cheeks, “Yixing, please tell him don’t take away my Luhan hyung, please, I’m begging you.”

 

Yixing sighed. He hated this kind of situation. It makes him want to disappear and go, which is forbidden, because an angel must finish their works. But he hates to deal with this kind of situation, where even himself is confused about what to do.

 

“Yixing, I can’t live without him,” Sehun pleaded again, “I can’t live as a human without him next to me.”

 

“I’m so sorry, but it’s a part of his life, he was planned to be taken away today, in a few minutes.” Yixing said gently, “it’s part of every human’s life. They die and go, leaving the people they loved and loved them. It’s their nature. You can’t – “

 

Yixing’s words are being ditched with his own idea. He snapped his finger and a light brown paper appeared with golden ink scratched delicately on it. He took the paper and read what’s written. He glanced at Sehun. “Have you find anything to exchange the Tears Of Spring with?”

 

“Yixing, I don’t think it’s the right – “

 

“Hurry, he’s going to die sooner or later.” Yixing said impatiently, forgot to use the poetic words he planned, “it’s up to you if he’s going to be really gone or not.”

 

Sehun frowned. “What are you – “

 

“Hurry up! Think harder now! Hurry!”

 

Sehun did what Yixing told him. He thinks so hard for a whole minute, and finally stared at Yixing again. “Just take my life as a human. Don’t vanish it, just take it and keep it.”

 

Yixing winced. “Are you sure?”

 

“Yes.” Sehun said confidently. “I have a plan.”

 

Yixing is curious about the plan, of course, but he agreed the idea after all. With a snap of his finger, suddenly Sehun felt like his body is burning. At the very next moment he found himself wearing all white clothes, the very same clothes he wore at the very first moment of his appearance. His own skin is glowing too.

 

“Congratulations,” Yixing hummed, “you’re a doppelganger once again.”

 

Sehun nodded. “Now I’d like to use my last magic.”

 

“Okay, what is it?” Yixing asked in excitement, curious of the boy’s original plan. He glanced at his left side and found Baekhyun is already there again, but then he immediately turned his gaze to Sehun.

 

“What is going on?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Who are you?” Sehun asked innocently.

 

Baekhyun beamed a smile. “I’m Baekhyun, angel of light, tends to help the other angels!”

 

“Hey, save the chit chat, we’re running out of time.” Yixing said in desperation.

 

“Oh right, Sehun, you haven’t decided yet about your last magic, right? What is it going to be?” Baekhyun asked.

 

Sehun bite his upper lips, and then he smiled. Somehow he smiled so sincerely, maybe because he know the decision he’s going to do is the best he could do to save the love of his life.

 

“My life as a human, the one you took away earlier,” Sehun said as he straightly stared at Yixing, “please give it to Luhan hyung.”

 

Yixing is surprised. But the guy next to him is more surprised than he should be. “WHAT??” Baekhyun shouted, then he glanced at Yixing. “I though he’s a human now!!” he said, and gasped when he gazed at the boy’s white clothes and bright skin, “oh Yixing, don’t tell me he turned into a doppelganger again!!”

 

Yixing shrugged. “He gave up his human life to me earlier.” he said.

 

“But Sehun, are you sure about this??” Baekhyun grabbed Sehun’s fragile shoulder and starts to shake in back and forth. “You’ve already came this far, is it alright for you to give up your life to Luhan?”

 

“Of course it’s alright.” Sehun murmured.

 

“But why??” Baekhyun asked again.

 

Sehun stared at Baekhyun. “Because if Luhan hyung is going to leave me, then I don’t have any reason to live in this world as a human.”

 

“But if you became a doppelganger again, and Luhan got recovered again, it means that he won’t need you anymore,” Baekhyun blurts out, “and if he doesn’t need you anymore, you’ll turn into the figurine again, and his memories about you will be taken away!!”

 

Sehun gasped in disbelief. He blinked thrice, totally shocked by Baekhyun’s explanation.

 

“W-what do you mean??” Sehun asked in a very low voice, almost a whisper.

 

“It’s his contract with us.” Yixing finally speaks again. “Once he doesn’t need you anymore, you’ll turn into your figurine form again. And if that happened, we’ll take away his memories of you. Yes, it’s ironic, he exchanged his memories of you with you.”

 

“B-but what did h-he – why did he wanted to forgot m-me??” Sehun asked desperately.

 

Baekhyun lifted his shoulders. “Maybe because that time he didn’t know that you guys will need each other so much. He didn’t know he’ll fall for you.”

 

Sehun stared at Baekhyun, then at Yixing. Confused.

 

“Well, if you want to give your life to Luhan, then it’s granted.” Yixing said. “Magic granted.”

 

“Let’s see him now.” Baekhyun said casually as three of them moves to walk to the ICU.

 

Sehun gazed at a guy in front of the ICU door. He has a slightly tanned skin, dark black hair, and such a fierce look. He’s holding his arms in front of his chest. Somehow, Sehun feels so not good about him.

 

“Zitao.” Yixing mumbled.

 

The black haired guy turned to Yixing. “What?”

 

“You’re dismissed.” Yixing said casually. “The guy inside is going to live.”

 

Zitao frowned, then he stared at Sehun for a long seconds. “Damn.”

 

When Zitao disappeared, he left black dusts behind him. And Sehun hated it.

 

They walked through the wall to the ICU. The situation in there is a chaos. He could see the doctors are surrounding the patient and doing everything they could do. He shivered when one of the doctors finally stepped back and sighed. The words after that is killing him inside.

 

“He got no hope.” the doctor said. “Too much damages.”

 

There’s three doctor to be exact. Two males and one female. The slightly taller male doctor glared at the other male. “Don’t you dare to say that, Jung Yunho. What kind of doctor are you!”

 

“Shim Changmin, you’ve got into the same situation like this before. The boy couldn’t make it.” Yunho stepped again towards the patient, “Ahra, sweetheart, tell him.”

 

The much shorter female doctor glared at his boyfriend, and she stared at Changmin. “His pulse, it’s getting lower and lower.”

 

There’s a silence when they heard the monotonous beep from the machine near them. They stared at the machine, then at the boy who’s laying on the operating table lifelessly.

 

“Name, Xi Luhan.” Yunho stared at his wristwatch. “Time of death, 4.45 PM.”

 

“No.” Changmin snorted. “No. He’ll live.”

 

Go Ahra watched as her tall friend stepped towards the operating table and does everything he could. He does everything he had learnt by the damn years of medical school. Shim Changmin won’t let his patient die easily like that. Not before he’s sure that he had done everything to save him.

 

Which is proved a few minutes later when the machine starts to beep again.

 

Yunho’s eyes are widened. “C-check his pulse!”

 

Then they shouted to each other about a lots of things Sehun won’t ever understand. All he know is, judging by the tall doctor’s victorious smirk, and the other doctors hugging each other, his beloved Luhan hyung is very much alive again.

 

“He’s saved.” Yixing murmured. “He doesn’t need you anymore.”

 

He doesn’t need me anymore, Sehun repeated the words silently.

 

Despite the falling tears, Sehun smiled as he felt a burning sensation inside him. Yixing and Baekhyun watched as the guy in front of him starts to turn to sparkly dust, only to reveal a cute bunny figurine on the floor. Yixing stepped forward and took the figurine with him.

 

“I can’t believe it.” Baekhyun gazed at the figurine, his eyes starts to get teary. “He gave his life to that boy.”

 

Yixing stared at Baekhyun in disgust. “Angels don’t cry.”

 

“But I am now!!” Baekhyun glared. “It’s too much!”

 

With Baekhyun’s complaints and sobs, they left the hospital room and disappeared.

 

______

 

 

“Baekhyun?? Why are you crying??” Chanyeol asked in panic when he saw Baekhyun’s red eyes.

 

“I would’ve thought we can’t cry if only there’s no Baekhyun.” Minseok teased, only to earn a glare from the much taller angel.

 

Yixing sighed. “He can’t accept the fact that the bunny doppelganger gave his life to the Luhan guy.”

 

“What??” Chanyeol stared at Yixing. “Really??”

 

“Now that is the true emotion and the honesty of love, pure sacrifices and the absence of egos.” Minseok whispered in awe.

 

Then four of them looked at each other, as if they got the very same idea in their heads.

 

“You gotta be kidding me.” Chanyeol murmured.

 

“No, it’s a brilliant idea!” Baekhyun chirped. “Right!! It’s truly right!!”

 

“Thanks to my precious mouth.” Minseok said proudly.

 

“Where’s the bunny figurine?” Yixing asked in hurry. Baekhyun immediately stood up and get the figurine and give it to Yixing. The other angel took it and throw it to the air, and smirked as the figurine turns into sparkly dusts before it reached the floor, revealing a pale white skinned guy. Yixing chuckled the moment he saw those confused sleepy eyes.

 

“Hi.” the guy awkwardly say. “What am I doing in this form again?”

 

“I have an offer.” Yixing said. “Uhm, we have an offer.”

 

Sehun winced. “Okay, what is it?”

 

“I created you a long time ago. Therefore you must’ve watched us the angels. Therefore, you must know that we don’t have the angel of autumn.” Yixing starts to explain. “And you must know we vowed to pick angels who born from those who born from true emotion and the honesty of love, pure sacrifices and the absence of egos.”

 

“Shortly to say,” Baekhyun added, “will you, by any chance, be one of us?”

 

Sehun frowned at the words. “Were you asking me to be an angel??”

 

“Yes.” Yixing said. “We’re asking you to be the angel of autumn.”

 

“Is it really legal?” Sehun asked.

 

Baekhyun laughed. “Of course it is! We picked the right angel.” he said. “You, you were born by Luhan’s true emotion to have a friend and the honesty of his love when he starts to want you. And you’ve proved the pure sacrifice and absence of ego when you gave your human life to him.”

 

“You’ve got all the things an angel needed.” Yixing added. “So, do you want to be one of us?”

 

Sehun grinned at the idea of him being an angel. He nodded. “I do.”

 

Perfect.” Baekhyun smiled so wide.

 

“I can’t believe it, finally we have the angel of autumn!!” Minseok chirped.

 

Sehun stared at Yixing. “That’s all?”

 

“What were you expecting?” Yixing asked back.

 

Sehun shrugged. “I thought there will be a ceremony or poetic words, especially from you.”

 

Yixing laughed so hard. “No no, we don’t need such a formality to pick an angel. When we find the right one, we claimed him as angel, and that’s all.”

 

“But he doesn’t have any special power yet.” Chanyeol added. “What do you want as your power, Sehun?”

 

Sehun blinked. “I can have any power I want?”

 

“As long as it’s still rational.” Yixing nodded.

 

“So I could be the angel of Bubble Tea if I want to?”

 

“I said the rational one.”

 

Sehun chuckled. Then he sighed as he thinks about what power he would like to use. Yixing has the power of healing, Minseok has the power of snow and ice bending, Chanyeol has the fire bending power, and Baekhyun could beam lights from every spot of his body. He’s not really sure about picking a power for him.

 

Then suddenly a fragment of memory told him a bright idea.

 

“Wind.” Sehun whispered. “I want to be the angel of the wind.”

 

Baekhyun stared at Yixing. “Right! Autumn matched with wind things. Wow, he’s such a brilliant one.”

 

“Sehun, the angel of wind.” Yixing smirked. “Good enough.”

 

“But where does the wind idea came from?” Chanyeol asked.

 

It took a few seconds before Sehun answered. “Luhan hyung said once that he wanted me to be the wind if I didn’t became a human.”

 

If I became the wind, I could be there for  him always.

 

Minseok rolled his eyeballs. “Gosh, Luhan hyung again.” then he stared at the guy next to him. “Baek?? Are you crying again??”

 

“Shut up!!” Baekhyun wiped his tears furiously.

 

Minseok shook his head in disbelief. Then he gazed outside the window. He beamed a smile to the other angels. “Hey, it’s the first day of winter!”

 

 

______

 

 

It’s a beautiful day of winter. Millions of snowflakes falls like a happy stream of waters disguising in a round white light dry form. Unlike raindrops who don’t really have that thing called patience when they’re poured down, snowflakes falls gently, slowly, gracefully, in a classy way, without rushing for anything. Maybe because they know as soon as they touch any surface except their own kinds, they’ll melt, they’ll turn back into their real form, their disguise will be leaked. So they take their sweet sweet time as much as they can before they disappear.

 

Luhan stared at his own footprints on the snow-layered street, smiling at them. Then he glanced at his wristwatch. He grinned then he walked again. His friends must be waiting for him right now to start the Christmas party.

 

He shivered as he folded his arms in front of his chest, trying to hold some warmth before it fades away as the cold air of winter played with him. He’s freezing, but somehow he loved how the freezing sensation runs through his veins.

 

Then, weirdly, all of sudden he felt like a whirl of warm scented breeze blows around him, caressing his cheeks. He winced. It’s obviously 25th of December, and the air is supposed to be chilly just as what he has been dealing with a few seconds ago. But then, once again, the warm breeze brushed on his cheeks.

 

He can’t even understand why all of sudden he feel an unpleasing sensation in his heart. The feeling of longing is rushing in his body, as his eyes starts to get teary.

 

He caught a soft calming voice in his ear. Almost lost, blended with the air. He’s not even sure if it’s a voice of someone. But somehow, when he heard it, his  heart is aching too. And it became more weird to find that he feel like he missed that voice so much. But he couldn’t figure out why.

 

Hyung..’

 

Luhan keep looking here and there, trying to find the source of the voice. But he’s all alone. There’s no peoples around him. He’s all alone.

 

“Being weird again, Xi Luhan.” he murmured himself.

 

He’s thinking about how weird it was when he returned from the hospital to his apartment a year ago. He thought he has so many clothes in the drawer, but half of them look like they’re not his. The t-shirts are slightly bigger when he wears them, and the pants are just a bit too long for his leg. And to the addition, he can’t remember if he ever bought those clothes. But after all, he keeps them, because when he was about to give them to the orphanage, his mind told him that he can’t give them away. As if giving them away means giving a part of his life away.

 

He also experienced a weird moment when he was buying a cup of Taro bubble tea. The girl at the counter asked him where’s the vanilla lover who always came with him. But he remembered clearly that he always came by himself, never with anyone else. Because he was practically alone, with no friends around him.

 

And it’s starts to getting weirder when he came at the library. The old lady who takes care of the library asked him where a guy named ‘Sehun’ is. He shook his head, saying that he doesn’t know who he is, and the old lady snorted in sarcasm, ‘how could you don’t know him when you guys are so lovey dovey everytime you’re here’.

 

Luhan decided to consider that the old lady has mistaken him with someone else.

 

Then he jumped when he feel a finger poked his cheek. Later he sigh in relief when he found none other than his friend, Im Yoona.

 

“You should see your face a few seconds ago,” Yoona laughed hysterically, “like a girl seeing spider!!”

 

Luhan frowned. “That’s not funny.”

 

Yoona still laughed, then he looked at the street in front of them. “Snow is beautiful, winter is beautiful, right?”

 

Luhan smiled. “Well, I like autumn more.”

 

“Autumn?” Yoona stared at Luhan. “Why?”

 

Luhan shrugged as he wandered his gaze. “Wind blows more in autumn, don’t you agree?”

 

 

 

 

“He’s happy.”

 

Minseok stared at the guy next to him. “Yeah, I think so.”

 

“He’s happy without me.” Sehun said again.

 

“Yeah, I think so.” Minseok repeated his words.

 

“But that’s alright.” Sehun murmured as he gazed at the couple who’s walking slowly far from them. “It means that I’ve done the right thing. And therefore, I don’t need to come to see him again,” he stared at Minseok. “Don’t you think so?”

 

Minseok sighed. “Yeah, I think so.”

 

They disappeared, leaving some sparkly dusts behind, which soon blended with the layers of snow at the ground. The appeared in their house again. Minseok patted Sehun’s right shoulder gently, and then disappeared into another room. Sehun walked to the couch near him and dropped his weight on it. He gazed at the room. He finally became used to it. He became used to Chanyeol and Minseok’s noisiness, to Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s unserious quarrel, Yixing’s soft voice even when he scolded the two troublemakers. Being an angel is not really poetic as what he thought. And it relieved him.

 

Soon his eyes fell on a thick book with hard maroon red cover next to him.

 

He took the book – which is a little bit too heavy – and put it on his lap. He read the title on the cover, written with golden ink.

 

‘Spring Journal’

 

He read the much smaller written words after the title.

 

‘The wishers in spring’

 

Then he read the much much smaller letters after it.

 

‘Property of Yixing’

 

“You could read it.” suddenly a soft voice said.

 

Sehun look up and find Yixing is standing in front of him. “I-I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to – “

 

“It’s just a journal after all, not my diary.” Yixing chuckled. “It contains the identities of the wishers who wished in spring. Their photos, their names, their wishes, their exchanged things, and their last magic for certain products.”

 

Sehun nodded in acknowledgement. “Can I read it?”

 

Yixing laughed gently. “I told you earlier you could.”

 

As soon as Yixing disappeared into another room, Sehun opened the book, carelessly flipped through its pages. Later than he stopped to flip the page, he stared at the right page. It’s himself.

 

Name : Doppelganger Bunny / Sehun

Age : –

Wish : To be a human

Product : Tears of Spring (last magic contained)

Exchanged thing : His life as human

Last magic : Gave his life to Luhan

Others : Has became the Angel of Autumn, got the power as the Angel of Wind

 

He chuckled. He looked at his own photo. It’s not his face, instead, it’s a photo of a cute bunny figurine. He was just about to turn the page when he glanced at the left page. His eyes are widened.

 

There’s a photo of a guy with brown mushroom hair and deer eyes, his face is tiny, and so is his body. Sehun stared at the information that written after the photo.

 

Name : Xi Luhan

Age : 18

Wish : To have a friend he needed

Product : Doppelganger Bunny

Exchanged thing : His memory about the Doppelganger

Last magic : –

Others : Unexpectedly fell in love with the Doppelganger during the contract period, almost gave up with his life because he doesn’t want to forget the Doppelganger

 

Sehun stares again at the last words written. He read it over and over again.

 

Unexpectedly fell in love with the Doppelganger during the contract period, almost gave up with his life because he doesn’t want to forget the Doppelganger’

 

Suddenly he felt something is urging to come out from his eyes. It’s the very same warm liquid that streamed down his face months ago. He wiped the liquid and stares at it.

 

Yixing once said it called as tears.

 

He stared again at the photo, his voice turned into sobs. He had no idea what’s happening inside him. It’s a weird pain, a strangely weird pain. It feels like his body is terribly aching.

 

“Hyung,” he cried, “hyung..”

 

 

________________________________________________

 

 

“The others want to celebrate your thirtieth anniversary as the Angel of Autumn.” Yixing said as he sits next to Sehun. He stared at Minseok and Chanyeol who’s chatting loudly with the hyper Baekhyun. “They still hoped you’ll have some fun with them, though they now it will be a failure, just like the previous years.”

 

Sehun chuckled. “Then I don’t need to say anything at all, right?”

 

Yixing smiled gently. “Hey, Minseok got some wisher down there. Do you want to accompany him?”

 

“Why does it have to be me?” Sehun asked.

 

“You need to get out of this cage more often.” Yixing said casually. “Besides, I still have another task, and I can’t trust Chanyeol to accompany him.”

 

Sehun shrugged. “I’ll go then.”

 

 

 

 

Suddenly Sehun regretted his decision to come with Minseok. He would’ve said no if he knew earlier that the place they’re going to is the very same hospital he hated. As soon as they arrived, he told Minseok that he’s going to have a walk by himself.

 

Then he winced when he saw a guy with black hair and slightly tanned skin walking towards him. Their gazes met. The black haired guy stared at him with his fierce eyes. Somehow Sehun shivered.

 

Then surprisingly, the guy laughed. “It’s you again!”

 

Sehun winced. “Have we ever met before?”

 

“Ouch, I can’t believe you’ve forgot me.” the guy said in a slight disappointment. But still, he smiled. “I’m Zitao, the angel of time.”

 

“The angel of death.” Sehun find his lips already said the words.

 

Zitao chuckled. “Yeah, I didn’t mention that because I didn’t want to scare you.” he said. “It’s surprising to know that humans could see me without me allow it. Or else.”

 

“Yeah, that’s the problem. I’m not a human anymore.”

 

“What?” Zitao frowned.

 

Sehun chuckled. “I’m an angel now. Angel of autumn.”

 

“What?? But how??” Zitao still shocked. But then he nodded slowly. “So you’re the one they picked as their new angel thirty years ago.”

 

“Sounds historic, huh?” Sehun laughed as he signed Zitao to walk again, this time with him.

 

“Congratulations, then.” Zitao said. “I thought you’re still human. It scares me.”

 

“Me being a human is scaring you?” Sehun frowned.

 

“Not scared, but it frightened me.” Zitao said. “Because humans could only see me if I allow them to. Or else, if they could see me without my allowance, it means that they’re going to die in a few days.” he stared at Sehun. “I thought you’re going to die.”

 

“You’re creepy.” Sehun commented.

 

Zitao chuckled. “But I don’t trust my ability anymore. It seems like I can’t control my ability to allow human to see me.”

 

“Huh? How could that happen?”

 

“Because there’s this guy,” Zitao said as his gaze wandered, “he could see me without me allow him to. I thought he’s going to die, but he’s not in my schedule. Well I’m glad about it at all because I don’t want him to – the point is, I don’t think I could control my ability anymore.”

 

“You don’t want him to die?” Sehun asked innocently.

 

Surprisingly, Zitao’s cheek turns pink. “Well, uhm, yes. And I don’t want to take his life either.”

 

“But it’s your job.” Sehun said.

 

Zitao murmured ‘I know’ in frustration.

 

“You love him, don’t you?” Sehun lifted his right eyebrow, “you fell in love with human?”

 

Zitao rolled his eyeballs. “Well, I hate him actually, I hate his blonde hair, I hate how blunt and coldhearted he is, I hate him being a faced one, I hate how he’s so much taller than me and whiter than me,” he blabbered, and then he unknowingly smiled, “but I guess I fell for him.”

 

Sehun laughed so hard. “Oh my goodness, never thought those words will came out from a face like this!” he said as he gestured at Zitao’s frowning face.

 

“Whatever.” Zitao rolled his eyeballs again. “What are you doing here anyway? It’s winter, your job is in autumn.”

 

“I came with Minseok. Yixing told me to accompany him.” Sehun said. “What are you doing here either?”

 

“Doing my job. I have to take someone’s life.” he said as he glanced at his wristwatch. It’s black and weird, but beautiful. “Oh, it’s almost the time. See you around!”

 

After he waved a goodbye to Zitao, Sehun wandered his gaze again. He decided to walk again, maybe Minseok is around. He walked slowly, only to stop when he saw a guy walking towards him.

 

The guy is tiny, with deer eyes and innocent face. He has short-cropped light brown hair that styled so well. He’s wearing a stylish simple suit. Sehun stared at the guy. He stares and stares. Then he lets out a hoarse voice.

 

Hyung…”

 

The guy didn’t saw him, of course. The guy passed him by, still walking with the same pace. Sehun unknowingly followed him all along, until they reached a door and get in.

 

He found an old man, maybe in his forty, on the hospital bed. He was sleeping, but as soon as he heard a soft ‘click’ sound of the closed door, he opened his eyes and smiled. Strangely, the old man got the very same deer eyes as the guy in front of him.

 

And Sehun is surprised to see Zitao at the corner of the room.

 

“Luxiao,” the man called, “son?”

 

“Hello, dad!” the guy called Luxiao chirped as he grabbed a chair and sit next to the bed. “How are you today?”

 

“Great.” the man replied. “How’s company?”

 

“Won’t be the same without you.” Luxiao murmured.

 

“Oh son, they have you, they won’t need me anymore.” the man said gently. “You’re so much more brilliant than I am.”

 

“No, you’re the best.” Luxiao stated. “No one could replace you.”

 

The man smiled. “It’s good to hear that, son.”

 

There’s a comfortable silence before the man speak again. “Son, would you do me a favor?”

 

“Anything, dad.”

 

“Can you get me a cup of bubble tea?” the man said.

 

Sehun holds his breath, though he doesn’t breathe technically.

 

Luxiao chuckled. “Wait for me, then.” he stood up and reached the door. “Taro, as usual? Or chocolate?”

 

The man thought for a while. “No, buy the vanilla one instead.” he said.

 

Luxiao winced. “Are you sure?”

 

The man nodded. “I always wanted to try the vanilla one.”

 

“Okay then.” Luxiao smiled, and then disappeared behind the door.

 

Sehun stared at the man who’s trying to grab the photo frame on the desk next to his bed. He grabs the photo frame and stare at it. There’s a photo of a beautiful woman.

 

“Yoona,” he whispered, “is it alright for me to leave Luxiao now?”

 

After a short silence, the man speaks again. “He’s ready to take care of the company by himself. I know it.” he said, “He’s the perfect successor for one of the biggest company in Asia. I know it.” then he sighed. “But what if my death affected his work? I mean, I know he’s a professional, but what if he mourned too much, like that time when you’re gone?”

 

Sehun watched the man smiled. “Well, our son is strong, I believed it. He’s going to be fine.”

 

Suddenly he found Zitao is already standing next to him. “Oh my goodness, Sehun,” Zitao murmured, “don’t tell me you’re going to ruin my work again.”

 

“What?” Sehun frowned.

 

“The last time I came to take his life, you guys shown up and told me that he’s going to live.” Zitao said. “You aren’t using any magic to keep him alive again, are you?”

 

Sehun was just about to ask what Zitao is talking about when he glanced at the name tag at the corner of the bed.

 

Patient name: Xi Luhan

Age: 48

Disease: heart failure

 

Sehun stared at the man, who’s closing his eyes with a smile. A few minutes later filled with a crucial silence. Then Zitao gestured his hand towards the man at the hospital bed, and suddenly black dusts whirled above the man. Soon enough the black dusts moved and then it revealed a young man. With deer eyes and mushroom hair.

 

Sehun can’t even believe his own eyes.

 

“I’m Zitao, the angel of death. I’m here to guide you to go to the ‘another world’.” Zitao said casually to the guy. “Ready to leave now?”

 

The guy blinked, he glanced at the freezing body on the bed. “So I’m dead now?”

 

Zitao chuckled. “Yes.”

 

The guy nodded. Then he met Sehun’s eyes. “You’re an angel of death too?”

 

Zitao glanced at Sehun. “No, he’s the angel of – “

 

“I’m Sehun.” the words immediately escaped from Sehun’s lips.

 

“Sehun?” the guy winced. Then he smiled. “Nice to meet you.”

 

Sehun stared at the guy. “N-nice to meet you too.”

 

“Ready to leave now?” Zitao asked impatiently.

 

“Wait, just one last question.” Sehun said to Zitao, and then he looked at the deer eyed guy. “Do you remember me?”

 

The guy frowned. “Have we met before?”

 

“Do you remember me, hyung??” Sehun asked again.

 

Somehow the guy shivered as he heard that word. He’s in déjà vu again. He remembered that voice. He remembered he heard that voice once, a very long time ago.

 

“D-do I ever know you?” the guy stuttered. “Have we met before??”

 

Sehun wanted to nod his head so much. He wanted to tell the guy in front of him that they once had the best story in his life. He wanted to tell that guy that once he said he wanted to be with him forever.

 

But in the end, the words that came out are the total opposite.

 

“No.” he whispered. “Forgive me for asking that.”

 

“Come on, Luhan,” Zitao said, “let’s go.”

 

Luhan stared at Sehun again. “Goodbye, Sehun-ah.”

 

It’s after Zitao and Luhan disappeared that Sehun realized his hyung called him in such a natural way.

 

In the way he missed the most.

 

___________________________________________________________________

 

 

I know TT__TT i'm sorry TT__TT it i know TT__TT

*chewing fireballs while listening to Tohoshinki - STILL*

 

P.S. I'll give a tight hug and bbuing bbuing for those who noticed the hint of the story of our panda and our dragon ~ *