✶ w i n n e r s

✶ chase me to the e n d | one-shot writing contest [CLOSED]

 

 

 

--Winners

 

1st Place:


ErisChaotica

with

"Back Down to Earth"

 

 

2nd Place:


genieforyou14

with

"And Then, There Was One"

 

 

3rd Place:


forevernever

with

"Nights Like This"

 

 

Honorable Mention:


awesomeGEE

with

"Stuck In Between"

 

 

Judger's Note:

You will not believe how hard of a time I had judging these stories. All of them were so written (no joke)! I thought I was going to shoot myself picking a first and second place winner ;___;. That's why I decided to take the stories apart and judge them part by part, and let cold hard math do the judging for me. 'Cause after all, math never lies. I'm not surprised that there's only a one point difference between the first and second place winners. If anyone wants to see how my "score sheets" look like, I've posted pictures below. If you want to see your scoring (since the picture does not show it clearly), please PM me or comment below, and I'll message you back. The winners, however, will have their score sheets posted (lol, sorry).

 (click)


 

To: ErisChaotica (first-place winner)

This is your score sheet:

Writing Style: 39/40
Plot & Grammar: 19/20
Flow & Characterization: 30/30
Use of Prompt 10/10
Total: 98/100


Holy crap, your story blew me away. At first, I was skeptical about it, because seriously, Peter Pan? Never watched it, don't know the storyline, just didn't care about it. But after reading your story, damn, I really want to watch it now, lol. In fact, I asked my friend about it today, but she started dancing to Neverland (U-Kiss) while telling me the story, and spent like, ten minutes trying to figure out whether or not Wendy's dress was blue or pink. She still doesn't know.

Okay, so, some thoughts on your writing (please don't brick me, omfg). About writing style, yours is amazing, holy mother, it really is. Like, I'd kill to write as well as you, or in your style. The thing is, I have an ideal writing style in mind, and nobody really reached that level (or came close to it). However, out of the stories written, I think yours is one of the best, so 39/40. Your grammar was perfect; I've got nothing to say about it unless I missed something. However, the problem I had was with how easily Eunbi accepted Sungyeol, who was floating outside of her house. Trivial, stupid thing, I know, but I'm a picky person (and yes, I deserve to be slapped, I'm sorry). Your flow was awesome, and I loved your characterization for all three characters, Sungyeol, Eunbi, and Sungjong. Your use of the prompt was quite interesting too. It wasn't between the main girl lead and the main guy lead, but between the guy and his sidekick, and I really, really liked that. Awesome story, I'm definitely subscribing and reading your other ones, lol. Don't be surprised to see me commenting on your other stories, lol.

 


 

To: genieforyou14 (second-place winner)

This is your score sheet:

Writing Style: 38/40
Plot & Grammar: 20/20
Flow & Characterization: 29/30
Use of Prompt 10/10
Total: 97/100


Yup, one point away, lol. I know your story was based off Sunggyu's 60Sec's MV, but it just surprised me in a way. How I imagined the story in the MV was much simpler. I love how you added a back story, and omg, the ending was just heartbreaking in a sweet way. I like your chapter title btw, it's really pretty.

As for your writing style, it's really, really, really, really nice, and I find it somewhat similar than mine (just like, what, ten times better?). It's really descriptive and, I don't know, sort of romantic in a way. However, your sentences were somewhat drawn out, and although they weren't run-ons, they were harder to understand. Also, there were many unnecessary articles and phrases in your sentences that could be deleted to make the writing neater (since after all, the aim of a writer is to use the least words to describe something--I disagree with this sometimes, but this is one of the times I actually agree, lol). All in all though, there's just this magic in your writing, and it has the ability to draw tears and have the reader crying like a baby. Your plot came from Sunggyu's MV, but it was beautifully written, so thumbs up to you! Your flow was nice, almost perfect, but there were just a few abrupt stops along the way that sort of had me going, whoa, wtf just happened. Aside from that, however, your flow was great, and your characterization was plain awesomeness, omg. The incorporation of the plot was quite obvious, and you fulfilled all of the requirements, so full points! Goodness, I loved this story so much /cries.

 


 

To: forevernever (third-place winner)

This is your score sheet:

Writing Style: 32/40
Plot & Grammar: 19/20
Flow & Characterization: 30/30
Use of Prompt 10/10
Total: 91/100 + 5bonus = 96/100

This is probably my favorite story out of all the submissions, mostly because it just expressed how I feel about Sunggyu. I've always thought he was underappreciated and always bullied by s, and I wondered how he felt about that. Being a leader must be stressful, especially if your members outshine you, but you have more expectations to meet. This probably does not happen in real life, but hey, it's a great plot.

Your writing style was clean, neat, and not wordy at all. I really liked that about your writing. However, it just wasn't as badabing badabang boom as the other two stories (do you even understand me, omg). Okay, it just wasn't as "spectacular," and it didn't punch me in the face. But it's just one of those one-shots I'd re-read because it's just so neat, goodness. And you wrote it in second person too. I honestly hate "you" fics, but the way you wrote it in second person made it even more touching. Your plot was great; it wasn't fancy or anything, it was pretty simple, but you executed it well. I think I found a few problems with your grammar, but I had to go back and dig for it, so only one point off. They were really minor mistakes that probably could be overlooked, but yeah, as I've said, I'm picky. If I see a grammar mistake, I can't "unsee" it. Your flow was awesome, even with the time frame changes, and there's nothing to say about your characterization--Sunggyu's character is so realist (omg), and Woohyun was just plain adorable. Your prompt wasn't as obvious as the other two, so I'm not sure if I interpreted it correctly. Was it about Woohyun and Sunggyu's relationship, and about how Sunggyu just won't say "I love you" to Woohyun? Something like that? Lol, I hope so. Originally, if this story wasn't going to win a place, I was going to give it the "honorable mention" aware because it just touched me so much (this story was pretty much why I decided to add it there, lol).

 


 

To: awesomeGEE (honorable mention winner)

This is your score sheet:

Writing Style: 35/40
Plot & Grammar: 18/20
Flow & Characterization: 23/30
Use of Prompt 10/10
Total: 86/100 + 5bonus = 91/100

This story was just so... I don't know, heartbreaking? The anorexia, the depression, Sungyeol's death, the suicide, it just hurt so much. And dude, you actually used the Louis Tomlinson bonus, so good for you! Gosh, I was somewhat shocked when I saw his name, 'cause I forgot about the bonus thing. However, you incorporated him well, so five points to you!

You're writing style is somewhat abrupt and choppy at parts, but your metaphors are no joke. Your descriptions are quite nice, falling somewhere on the line between heavy symbolism and simple writing. As for your plot, it's not the first story I've read about anorexia, but it's definitely the first of it's kind (with Sungyeol coaxing Myungsoo into suicide and all). I found a few mistakes with your grammar, but again, they weren't any big problems. Your flow was sometimes a bit too fast for me; I kept finding myself blinking and staring at the screen wondering what had happened. Also, Sungyeol's character seemed a bit contradictory to me, but otherwise, it was good. You explained your prompt really clearly to me, so thank you for that! Gosh, the umbrella part, lol. Goodness though, this story was just so angsty and heartwrenching.

 


 

Okay, so hopefully I did my math right, and everyone got the score they deserved (I hope no one wants to kill me right now, lol).

 

Winners, please tell me your prize choices within seventy-two hours.
 

Remember:

—First-place Winner

-One Infinite Collection Card (of any choice)

-Two Bookmarks (of anyone | will be made exclusively for this contest)

-One Wallpaper (of any group | will be made exclusively for this contest) OR One Story-poster 

-Two Reviews

-One Drabble

 

—Second-place Winner

-One Infinite Collection Card (of the rest)

-One Bookmark (of anyone  | will be made exclusively for this contest)

-One Wallpaper (of any group | will be made exclusively for this contest)

-OneReview

-One Drabble

 

—Third-place Winner

-One Infinite Collection Card (of the rest)

-One Bookmark (of anyone  | will be made exclusively for this contest)

-One Story-poster (of any group | will be made exclusively for this contest)

-OneReview

 

—Honorable MentionWinner

-One Infinite Collection Card (of the rest)

-One Wallet Card (of any group | will be made exclusively for this contest)

-OneReview

 

Please explicitly state which person you want/which group you want for each thing.

If any of the choices for the Infinite Collection Card overlap, I will message you

about it, so please check your messages. I will also PM you when final

decisions for the prizes have been made, so please confirm it and reply.

Reviews do not have to be current stories; I am willing to review future stories,

so you can reserve me reviewing your stories or something. 

And for drabbles, I write all genres, but I'm terribly inexperienced in . 

Just saying.

Also, I'm probably going to take a long time making the prizes, so sorry!

Don't worry, I'll get it to you for sure.

 

Send your choices in this format:

Address: ___

Infinite Collection Card: ___

Bookmark: ___

Poster:

Title___

Genre___

Characters___

Quote___ (optional)

Anything else___

Wallpaper: ___

Review: __story link__

Drabble:  

Pairing ___

Rating/Genre___

Basic Plot___

Anything else___

 

 

Again, congratulations to all the winners! This was fun!