That boring backstory.

Learning about Love.

I started writing stories when I was 12.

I was young,desperate and in need of that $300 prize. So I entered under a different name, posted my entry from my school, and waited those long and eventful 4 months for them to mark a whole countries stories.

I won top prize for under 13's and was awarded that $300. That money and the judges praise was enough to start me on my way to becoming a successful author but before things get too complicated I'm going to start at the very start.

I was born to Kim Gun Ja and Kim Tae Jung 21 years ago. My 'loving' parents split when I was 7 and I guess my mom was never the same afterwards. 

Shortly after I was 10 she left me.

She didn't leave me and run off, but she might as well should've. Everytime I saw her she would be drunk or hungover, leaving me to clean up after her and take care of myself as well.

I had to sit there and listen to her joyfully tell me about how amazing her new boyfriend was. I had to protect myself in my room when she got violently drunk after breaking up with him, crying, screaming and yelling about how is was all my fault.

I had to letterbox every day after school to scrape enough money together to buy food for the both of us. I had to wash her soiled and dirty clothes after she came home from a late night party, or after a one night stand.

I had to deal with all her crap and still find enough energy to finish my homework and make it to school in the morning.

It was always me. My fault, my problems, my troubles, my work, my doing. It was always me.

After my mom dissapeared when I was 14 and was found dead from alcohol poisoning in some alleyway I vowed to myself to never let myself ever be hurt so bad by someone else.

So I made myself a pen name, Gabriella Jung, and wrote my stories and sent them off to different competitions, publishers, magazines, anything or anybody that would read my work.

I went to a public high school, one where I didn't have to pay for my tuition or my school books. I shopped at the cheap markets or secondhand shops and only when I had to have new clothes. I made sure there was enough food for myself in the fridge and enough to pay the bills and the rent.

I took care of myself and made sure no one else would ever have to.

Your probably sitting in your chair thinking, that's so funny, she couldn't possibly do that, no one could do that at 14.

Let me tell you this, when you have no choice but to deal with what fate throws at you, you learn to make the impossible, possible.

But then, I'm getting off track.

I somehow made myself a big enough name to buy a new apartment in a nicer place of Seoul and get a few nicer clothes as well. With the money that I got writing for magazines I also bought myself a mini laptop to make life easier and stop my hands from getting cramps.

By the time I was 19, my books were sold out as soon as the hit the stores and people raved about Gabriella's new story. Although I got my fair share of critiques and haters, I could shake it off easily. Gabriella's haters could never hurt Eun Ah's heart. Yes, their knife throws did hurt for a while but they could never stab me and I kept writing.

The day I turned 20, I got an e-mail from a company asking me to come to their offics and write up a contract. I'd never heard of this publisher before and I was pretty nervous but I did what I always do and went to the officce, sunglasses covering half my face and a scarf, my other.

I never wanted anyone to find out my identity so I did this every time I went to a book fair and did signings. Sometimes I went overboard and asked for a screen to be put between me and the reader, the book being passed through a slot in it. Just in case a photographer wanted to rip the screen down I always kept the shades and the scarf on too.

Call me paranoid but it was the only way to protect myself and I would do anything to make sure I was always safe.

I stepped into the office building that day and was greeted by stares and whispers. I saw pictures of famous kpop idols and actors all around me and was confused as to why I would be called into here.

I was directed to the top floor and like every sensible being, followed my instructions. In the lift there were lots of young people in dancing gear and they were all talking animatedly about their latest achievements and acomplishments.

Standing in the corner I watched them get off at every level untill I was the only one left, heading towards the top floor.

I walked out of the lift into a hallway and was greeted by a secretary who shuffled me into a big office, bowed and left me.

"You must be Gabriella Kim." I turned to see a man, sitting in his office chair watching me from the other side of the room.

"Yes, my name is Gabriella Kim." I bowed and stepped closer untill I was standing halfway accross the room.

"Do you know who I am?" This man asked strange questions, but they did get straight to the point.

"I'm sorry, but no I don't." My answer seemed to amuse the man because he gave a low chuckle.

"My name is Yang Hyun Suk and I own YG. I'm not a publisher but I've been wanting to see how the game is played and I see your a very successful young author. I would like to try new things, expand my company and reach out to more people. Do you want to be a part of the YG Family?" He asked me.

"What more is there to it?"

"Smart questions girl. Sit and I'll answer them."

That day I sat and we discussed everything that would happen should I choose to be a part of YG and how things would roll. That day I signed my first ever writing contract and became a part of the YG Family.

After that I would be made to write biographies, articles, blog posts, behind the scenes exclusives, and everything else that YG wanted me to do.

In between that I would write my stories, novels, poems and other stuff and YG would send them off to be published and he always made sure I got the fair amount of money that was needed. I learnt that he was a smart man, always thinking ahead into the future and he would do anything to protect his 'Family'.

Protection was something we had in common, so he fully understood my terms and agreements on publicity. He even said it was good to make people want to read my books and find out more about the mysterious Gabriella Jung. 

In the past year, I've never had a problem with YG.

That was, of course untill he asked me to write a romantic novel.

In order to protect myself I never let anyone get close to me. I had no friends, no collegues, no family, just aquaintences. The occasional ahjumma would get close enough to call me Gabby but they never found out my true identity. I just couldn't give it to them.

I'd never had a boyfriend and the closest I'd ever gotten to a guy was YG, but that was purely sitting across the table at a meeting or book discussion. YG looked after me like a step-father would. Caring but still giving me space because he knew I could handle myself.

Romance isn't my strong point as you can see, but I thought that I could still write a romance novel, with enough observation and internet research.

That was until YG decided I needed an autobiography as well. So being smart and thinking ahead he decided to combine these to projects into one. This was going to be my autobiography on my past love lives.

I told him I wouldn't do it, not in a million years but I never told him the reason so he just pushed me out of his office and ring him up when I'd found a date and to write about him.

So that is what I did. Well, I didn't find a date and ring YG up. Not in that sense.

But I did find a guy. Like any other girl I'd love to say that it was love at first glance but if that was the case then maybe we wouldn't turn out how we did in the end.

Let's see, it was about a week after YG had set me this seemingly impossible task and I was at a book signing.

I was hidden behind the screen as usual, signing, writing names and sipping my mocha when I heard collective gasps from the other side of the screen.

For some reason no one was slipping a book through the slot so I grabbed a sheet of paper and my marker and wrote down,

Next Please.

One of my teen books, 'Silent Suffering', was slipped into the slot. I pushed out a slip of paper that I'd written on before hand,

Name and preferred message.

The voice came out deeper than I expected.

"To Kris Wu, always work hard and aim for EXO-M to be a proud part of SM Town." I was part way through writing when I heard him say 'SM'. I'd heard from the artists meetings that SM and JYP were YG's biggest rivals. I learnt English in school and I loved different languages so I preferred listening to American music so I had no idea who this guy was. 

After a short decision I decided to call YG. He would know what to do right? This was a matter of rivalry now, and from what I've seen, company rivalry is a lot more fierce than author of the year nominations.

I slipped a note out og the screen at the back where one of the staff was helping, telling her to let me have a short break and please kindly ask the fans to wait. 

After I heard her voice on the loud speaker I quickly stepped out of the back screen and walked towards the toilets, looking and acting as much as like a staff member as I possibly could.

Once I reached a deserted hall I quickly whipped out my mobile and punched in YG's number.

"Yobeseyo?"

"YG. I need help. A guy just slipped in a book and asked me to sign something along the lines of "Work hard and suceed as a part of EXO-SM or something. I thought I should let you know."

"It's EXO-M, did he say his name?"

"Sorry, I think it was Kris?"

I heard him sigh accross the phone.

"Have you signed the book yet? Did he see your face?"

"No I haven't signed the book yet. I called for a break and slipped out the back. No, he didn't. I was behind the screen."

"Right. What do you do? No one knows your under YG, it would bring to muc competition, so I think it would be best to go out there and sign it. No matter how much you might not want to. It's better to be on friendly terms than deadly ones."

"Who is he? I'm just curious."

"Kris Wu. Leader and main rapper of Exo-M, chinese sub-group of Exo. Blonde hair, Canadian-Korean, speaks English, like you, born in 1990." 

"You sound like a stalker, but that's enough information for me. So I just sign his book?"

"Yeah. Just sign the book, hand it back and pretend nothing ever happened."

"Ok, YG, I'll do that."

"Good girl, Miss Jung."

"You do know that it's ok to call me Gabby or Gabrielle right?"

"Yes I do. But I'm in a meeting right now so any informalities are for later. Goodbye."

He hung up before I could reply so I switched my phone back to vibrate and popped it into my pocket.

Before I could turn around, I heard a voice behind me.

"So you're Gabriella Jung. I didn't know you were a part of YG."

I turned around to come face to face, well to be fair, face to chest with none oter than Kris Wu. Leader and main rapper of Exo-M, Part of the chinese sub-group of Exo. It was true, he did have blonde hair.

And it was also true that he found out a little part of me.

I once saw in an ad "From little things, big things grow."

I've never thought it would ever be so right.


So there you go!

My first ever chapter of this fic! I hope you guys liked it, it turned out really kind of long and lengthy, but I hope I gave you some vital facts and kick-started off Eun Ah's autobiography well. Also, I always write my title from my POV so it may or may ot have anything to do with the chapter. Thanks. 

P.S. Sorry about the typos, I wrote it really late at night.

PLEASE COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE AND PRESS THE UP ARROW!

Love y'all,

~Evie