o_o

Taste of Tomorrow

 

 

A/N: Without further ado..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <3

 

“Ok, you did great! Let’s call it a day shall we? Practice will resume tomorrow, same time” the choreographer told me, tapping my back as she said goodbye.

Once she was completely out the studio, I started fixing myself, I looked at my reflection in the wide mirror that covers the wall of the room. I grimaced at myself, I looked haggard. I can’t help but take notice of my birthmark shaped like a distorted star near my collarbone. I smiled, I guess it’s safe to say that this birthmark is a lucky charm for me. It’s like saying that I’m born to make it big out there.

I sighed, exhausted, I let myself collapse on the cold hard floor. These past few months had been really hectic due to my nonstop preparations for my upcoming debut stage. I sighed deeply and closed my eyes as I zonk to sleep..

-------------------------------------

Eyes slowly fluttering open, I woke up feeling a little light headed, I groaned and stretched, I sat up feeling the soft surface underneath my palms and that’s when I noticed that I was no longer in the dance studio, instead I found myself sitting on a lush grass. I shivered as the bracing wind hit me when I stood up. I looked around to see kids laughing and running freely with bright smiles on their faces.

I smiled at the sight but I can’t help feeling confused ‘Where am I?’  I examined my surroundings, wondering how I got here and waiting for familiarity to hit me.

My eyes spotted a young girl, talking to another girl in her early thirties, sitting on a bench. I remained standing before deciding to hesitantly approach them so I could ask what place is this and where.

I cleared my throat “Excuse me?” I asked, but they just carried on their conversation

“Uh. Excuse me?” I asked again, this time tapping one of the girls shoulder. They still didn’t react, it seems like they can’t hear me.

“Where am I?!” I tried asking once again, this time a little louder to get their attention but still no one even bothered to spare a glance.

“Hello?..” 

I sighed, giving up I sat down the grass just beside the bench where one of the girls was sitting. Shortly after, the younger girl bowed as she waved goodbye, leaving the other alone on the bench. I watched as she stared at something on her hand. A little smile playing on her lips.

Out of curiosity, I sat up properly to see what she’s smiling at. Turns out to be a polaroid picture of a couple. In the picture you could see a pregnant woman smiling brightly at the camera showing the v-sign pose, beside her is a chinky-eyed guy, smiling sweetly. By the angle, you could tell that he's the one who took the photo. It took me a minute to realize that the woman in the picture was her. I wonder who the guy is though, must be her husband. 

She stared at it for a little longer, admiring the picture before keeping it securely in her wallet, unknowingly dropping a card that looks like an ID.

I picked it up “Um, miss you dropped this” I said handing her the ID, but then again she did not react whatsoever.

Sighing, I looked at the ID ‘NATIONAL IDENTITY CARD’ it read. I froze just when my eyes landed on its picture.

‘What the-.. Who-.. Me?’

I read the name written just below the picture. ‘신수지’

 ‘Shin Sooji?  That’s my name.’ I muttered, utterly hazed.

It took some minute for me to come to a realization. ‘Why does she have my NIC?  How come..?’

I shook my head and blinked couple of times to make sure if I’m just imagining things. Of course not. ‘This is definitely me’.  I stood up, this time levelling my eyes to the woman in her early thirties.

“Miss? Where am I? Why do you have this? Answer me. Please.“  I stared at her waiting for a reply but her eyes seem to be looking somewhere far behind me. She’s not meeting my gaze. I raised a hand and waved it in front of her face. Nothing, no reaction.

I continued looking at her, slowly taking in her features, my breath hitched once again, this time with matching shivers running down my spine as I lay eyes on the same birthmark I have near the collarbone.

“Sooji-ah!”

I snapped out of my stupefied state and immediately turned around when I heard my name. I searched, looking for a familiar face, for someone I know who could’ve called me. I saw a man walking towards my direction. He’s smiling. Not at me though.

The woman who’s seated at the bench stood up “Jinki!” she called back, smiling.

‘Jinki?’  I squinted my eyes looking at the guy as he continued approaching.. He’s the same guy in the polaroid picture. I remained standing there like an idiot. I watched as the guy gave his jacket to ‘Sooji’. He planted a chaste kiss on her forehead before putting his arms around her shoulders.  They started walking away, but after taking just a few steps they stopped, and this guy named ‘Jinki’ looked back at me, our eyes met and for a second I think my heart skipped a beat.

Startled, I asked pointing at myself “You-, Can you see me?”

He smiled a mesmerizing smile, and then everything went black.

---------------------------------------------

“Agashi… agashi..” a faint voice was calling “Agashi, wake up..” the voice said this time a little clearer. “Agashi wake up!” squinting my eyes open, I can barely make out the guy’s face looking at me. I scratched my eyes to help clear my vision.

 “Gwenchanayo?” he asked, concern lacing his voice.

I sat up, throat feeling dry, I wasn’t able to give a proper response so instead I just nodded. I looked around, slowly coming to my senses. ‘I’m in the studio’ ..

I cleared my throat “Is there anything you need?”

“Um.. The studio?”

Then it hit me “Omo!” I shot up, surprising the guy. He stood up as well “Choesong hamnida!” I apologized, bowing a perfect 90 degrees. I checked the time “Aigoo, I over slept. Pabo!” I muttered to myself

“Ani, it’s fine” He said flashing me a familiar smile, which made his eyes smaller than I thought was possible.

I felt my cheeks hit up, I don’t know if it’s because of embarrassment or because of his smile, which I think I’ve already seen, I thought before snapping back and quickly gathering my things.

As I was about to exit the studio he called “oh and by the way!” I turned around and looked at him questioningly

“I’m Jinki.”

O_O

 

~END~

-----------------------------------------------<3

A/N: that's it, sorry for leaving it at that :p i feel like the pacing of the story is fast but whatever -_- i still hope you like it ^^ 

COMMENTS ARE LOVED <3

-proudtobeshawol-