Let's Play a Game #1

Let's Play a Game

"Sure!" Donghae said with a grin. "Really?" Jessica asked. "Yes, really!" Donghae said. "But I'll make sure that you'll lose. I KNOW that you'll fall in love with me."

"You're really confident," Jessica said. Donghae nodded and held her hand. "Let's start the game right NOW," he said. Jessica didn't know why her heart skipped a beat when he held her hand. It felt amazing. Donghae moved his face closer to hers. "I'm winning already, aren't I?" he asked. Jessica shook her head and took her hand away from his.

"Don't get so cocky, Donghae. Maybe every girl in this school fell for your charms, but I'm not going to," Jessica said. Donghae shrugged. "True, Jessica. Every girl has fallen for my charms. And I'm determined to make you, too," he said with a charming smile.

"Stop smiling like that! Why do you have to do that?" she said. "Oh ho ho. So I'm winning already!" Donghae chuckled. She rolled her eyes. Then the bell rang. "We have the same class, you know. I'll walk you," Donghae said. Jessica sighed and said, "Whatever." As they were walking, Donghae kept trying to hold Jessica's hand but she would move it away.

Soon, they were inside the classroom. Jessica sat next to Taeyeon and Donghae sat nest to Leeteuk. "Psst! Guys!" Donghae whispered to his friends. Leeteuk, Eunhyuk, and Kyuhyun looked at him.

"Jessica wants to play a game," he whispered. Kyuhyun scooted a little and looked at Jessica. Then he looked back at Donghae. "What game are you two going to play?" he asked. "And is it safe?" Leeteuk asked. Donghae wrote the things Jessica said and gave the paper to the guys. After a while, their jaws dropped.

"You're going to play a game like that?" Eunhyuk asked. "I want to see this! Who'll win? Donghae, the charming player, or Jessica, the ice princess. It'll be hard to melt a girl like that, hyung," Kyuhyun said.

"I don't think you should play," Leeteuk said. They all gave their attention to Leeteuk. "Donghae, it's emotionally unsafe," Leeteuk continued. "Being the player that you are, you're bound to mess up somewhere. What if Jessica does fall in love with you? You might break her heart. And if Jessica's heart breaks, she'll be even colder than ever. She might accidentally snap at Seohyun and make her cry."

Kyuhyun looked down.

"She might accidentally insult Hyoyeon," Leeteuk went on.

Eunhyuk looked away.

"And she might disrespect Taeyeon. Donghae, I don't think you should do it," Leeteuk finished. "Hyung is right," Kyuhyun said. "There's a connection to those girls and if it breaks, we won't be able to fix it," Eunhyuk agreed. "Look, guys. I will not mess up. I think Jessica is special. There's a way to melt her icy heart," Donghae said.

"Fine," Eunhyuk said. "But we'll help on the romance!" Kyuhyun said. "GUYS! I said it's unsafe! Nevermind. It's no use anyway," Leeteuk said. Donghae, Eunhyuk, and Kyuhyun laughed.

 

"Why do you want to play a game like that?" Taeyeon asked. "Yeah, unnie. What if he falls in love with you or worse..." Seohyun started. "You fall in love with him?" Hyoyeon finished for her.

"I'm not going to fall in love with him! I hate him!" Jessica said. "Anything can happen when it comes to love, unnie," Seohyun said, looking over at Kyuhyun. "Yeah," Hyoyeon said. "Wisdom from the maknae," Taeyeon said. "She's just saying that because she wants something to happen between her and Kyuhyun," Jessica said.

"True but still!" Hyoyeon said. Seohyun gasped. "Sorry Hyunnie but it's kind of true," Taeyeon said. Seohyun nodded. "Anyways, I'm telling you that I won't lose!" Jessica said.

"Whatever you say," Taeyeon said.

 

"Jessica! There you are!" Jonghyun said as soon as he saw Jessica step out of school. "Hi, oppa," Jessica said with a smile. Jonghyun smiled too. "Can I walk you home?" he asked. "Yeah... about that..." Jessica started saying. Then they heard Donghae.

"Jessica! Let's go!" Donghae said when he walked to her. "Huh?" Jonghyun uttered. "Yeah um..." Jessica couldn't say anything.

"I'm walking her home. I'm her boyfriend," Donghae said. Jessica was about to elbow him but... it was kind of true. "Y-yeah..." she mumbled. "Y-your boyfriend? He's joking right?" Jonghyun said. Jessica shook her head. Donghae smiled triumphantly.

Then they started to walk away. But before they were out of Jonghyun's sight, Donghae turned his head at Jonghyun and smirked.

Jonghyun got angry. But Donghae just turned like he did nothing. "I can't believe what's happening," Jonghyun muttered and walked home.

"Did you really have to tell him that?" Jessica asked. "Of course. I saw the way he looked at you. I'm defending what is mine," Donghae said. "So I'm an ITEM?" Jessica asked. "No no! I mean, like, if a girl is mine, I'll make sure no one flirts or something with her," Donghae explained.

"girl? What are you doing walking around, calling girls just a girl? Call girls by their name," Jessica said. "Aish! What's up with you?!" Donghae complained, ruffling his hair. For Jessica, him ruffling his hair was kind of cute. But after a few seconds, Donghae smiled.

"Do you think I'm cute?" he asked cutely. Her face got a little red. "N-no," she denied. He grinned at her and said, "Let's go for a walk."

"Now?" Jessica asked, kind of surprised by his sudden request. "Yeah, now. I should hang out with my girlfriend all the time, right?" Donghae said. Jessica shook her head. He laughed and said, "Go home and type all the rules of the game. Then print it out. That's your ONLY excuse to not hang out with me."

"Fine. But I thought you were walking home with me," she said. "This is your house, isn't it?" he asked. She looked and they were indeed in front of her house. They were talking so much that she didn't notice. But wait... how does he know that this house was hers?

"Y-yeah. Right. BUT!!! How did you know I live here?" she asked. "I'm not sure how you didn't notice but..." - he moved his face closer - "I'm your neighbor." Her eyes widened. "You're my neighbor?!?! Now I'll see you every morning?!?!" she screamed.

He smirked. "No. I'll see you in the morning."

"Ugh... I'm going inside now," she said and ran inside. He laughed. He took out his cell phone and sent text messages to his friend and brother.

Donghae: I have a mission 4 u since idk if Leeteuk hyung will help.

Eunhyuk: Text to me.

Donghae: I need u to look in my closet and find some great clothes 4 me to wear tomorrow. Something very charming EVEN 4 Jessica.

Eunhyuk: Got it, bro.

 

Donghae: Think u can help me on something?

Kyuhyun: Course, my man.

Donghae: Use ur charms and get some information from Seohyun about Jessica. Like what does she like?

Kyuhyun: Idk man. Thats sounds a LOT like using her. I cant do that.

Donghae: I didnt mean it like THAT! Ur gaining something as well. She will like u!

Kyuhyun: I think she already does.

Donghae: DUDE! Just do it!

Kyuhyun: Alright alright!

 

Donghae put his phone in his pocket. "If I'm going to win, I'll need to be as romantic as I can be."

 

Eunhyuk opened the closet. "Let's see what he has..."

 

"Seohyun-ah~!" Kyuhyun called. Seohyun turned. "Wow. Beautiful..." Seohyun blushed.

 

"Hmm... I wonder what the guys are up to..." Leeteuk whispered, while he dialed Donghae's number.

 

"Rules of the game," Jessica muttered while typing it as the title of the document.

 

"I wonder what will happen with this game of theirs," Taeyeon whispered as she walked towards Leeteuk.

 

"I wonder if one of them is actually going to lose," Hyoyeon said as she approached Eunhyuk's house.

 

"Hi, oppa," Seohyun said, shyly. "Hey there. What do you think of the game?" Kyuhyun asked. She shrugged.