Differences

Let Loose

Chapter 1 | Differences
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[ SULLI'S POV ]

The autumn breeze picked up my jet black hair, making it billowed in the gentle wind. It didn't gave me the warmth and comfort I usually experienced. Instead, it gave me a feeling of dread. Sometimes, I wondered if what I was doing was immature. At age 15, I was crying hysterically. The careless disregard made me feel sorrowful and I was at a lot. My body quivered as I allowed some violent sobs to escape. Inside, I felt weak and fragile. There wasn't a reason I should stop crying. Not when I was abandoned in a forest without any help. No one was here to give my directions. What should I do?

The answer came to me as soon as I felt distant footsteps behind me. Despite needing help, I stayed in my crouch position, not daring to take a peek. Whoever it was, that person pulled on my arm gently and helped me stand up. My eyes stayed to the ground, sadness controlled me. I didn't dare to look at him or her. What if it was another disappointment? I've had enough of these! All of my life, I faced troubling moments in which I had no say or effect. Everything was chosen for me. Just like now.

I didn't choose to look up. Instead, that person lifted my head. At first glance, I couldn't decide whether it was a boy or a girl. However, I didn't have time to question him or her. So I allowed him or her to say something. It would be beyond rude if I questioned the gender. After all, what guy wanted to be mistaken for a girl and vice versa.

"Are you okay? I heard you crying and I wanted to help. Is everything okay? Are you lost? Do you need any help?"

It was a female voice and I knew that person was a girl. My eyes swept over her, frowning at her appearance. She was definitely a tomboy because she was dressed in a plaid shirt and ripped jeans. However, this inference was confirmed when I saw her hair. It was cut short and covered half of her face. For some unknown reason, I asked a stupid question.

"Are you a boy or a girl? I think you're a boy. Are you?"

Okay, that question was more than stupid. It was idiotic, foolish, and rude. I wouldn't be surprised if she chose now to slap me or beat me up. However, an amused expression crossed her half-hidden face. She grinned at me and she didn't seem to be offended by my insanely dumb question.

"I am a girl but I am very tomboy. My name's Amber. Amber Liu. And you?"

Amber Liu? She wasn't Korean!! In my whole life, I never heard of a Korean with that last name. Then I realized I was frowning at her. I rearranged my face and replied to her.

"I am Sulli Choi," I replied, timidly.

"Hey, Sulli. So, tell me why you were crying! Did you get lost?"

"I... I, um, uh..." I hesitated. She stared at me, urging me to answer. Of course, she wanted to help but I couldn't bring myself to confess the reasons why I was here. Finally, I blurted and tears started to flow. "My mom left me here!"

"What? Did she go somewhere? Come on, let's go find her!!" I glanced at her face quickly. It was an outraged expression. Wow, this girl didn't know me well and she was upset my mom had abandoned me. She tugged on my arm but I stayed rooted in my spot. She stared at me, wondering why I didn't want to find my mom. "Sulli? Don't you want to go and find your mom? Hello??"

She waved her hands in front of me, trying to get me to notice her. Instead, I bit my lips and refused to look at her. After a while, I looked up at her and pouted. "No. You don't understand!! My mom didn't want me. She told me she's going to leave me. Forever. Then she ran away and I got stuck up here. I don't want to find her!!"

Realization lit up her face. Then she pulled on me again. I stomped and glared at her. "I said I don't want to go and find her!! Don't you understand?!?" I didn't know why I was acting like a brat but the feeling of being left behind made me angry.

She wasn't mad at me. Instead, her smile was knowingly. "Sulli, if you don't want to find your mom, do you want to follow me? You can come and live with me? I live in a big house and you can too!" Why was she offering me this? We hardly knew each other. This stranger was generous! I didn't want to take advantage of her but I had no place to go. So I nodded and allowed her to take me home.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[ VICTORIA'S POV ]

At age 22, I was an adult. No questions asked. Yet, I woke up everyday, screaming at the top of my lungs. The guilt and anger I felt over 12 years didn't lessen one bit. Instead, I felt it had increased ten-folds since I saw him. I felt my hands balling up into fists as I saw him pass by me. He didn't recognize me but I knew him. The gray duster coat he wore was a clue. Even after 12 years, he still kept that, that evidence of his criminal doings. Anger rose in me but I walked away from the coffee shop. My parents wouldn't want me to suffer, not when I hadn't taken revenge for them.

I stopped in my tracks and spun around quickly. There was a young boy holding hands with a little girl. They were speaking to him. The man nodded often and then the conversation stopped. I saw the boy hugged him. Then I knew, this was his kid. I knew that I must do something. i needed to connect with this kid. Only then would I be able to avenge for my parents. Yes, I would risk my life to do this. Yes, I would make my parents rest at last, knowing their daughter had successfully revenged for them.

Then I wore my coat and left. I didn't want to ruin this day. It was a sunny day with birds chirping up high. I couldn't let this man spoil my day. As I left, I tried to clear all of my anger out and smiled brilliantly as soon as I came outside. Today was the only exception. I would let my anger, fury, and sadness to escape temporarily and enjoyed what life had to offer me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[ KRYSTAL'S POV ]

I slammed the door behind me and dropped onto my bed. Silently, I cried and drifted to sleep. I didn't want to ever wake up. Why couldn't I just sleep and never wake up? Waking up was too painful, too exhausting. There was no way I could withstand this pain any longer. Perhaps this time, I would never wake up. Never wake up to the tongue-lashings of that woman and that girl. Only then would I be at peace. Yes, keep me asleep. Keep me in an eternal sleep to keep the pain from embracing me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[ LUNA'S POV ]

I didn't expect Amber to return with a girl. Haha, even that sounded weird and crazy. Okay, how about I didn't expect Amber to come home with a friend? That sounded about right. Yes, Amber returned with a friend. She looked tired and scared. I decided to rush over to make her feel welcomed. However, it had the opposite effect. She was even more terrified.

"Hello, I am Luna!! How are you? Are you one of Amber's friends? I've never met you before. I am Luna. Haha, i said that again," I said in one breath.

Now I realized why she was scared. I probably seemed too straightforward, too outgoing. Maybe she was shy or quiet. That would explain her behavior. She didn't seem to brightened at all. Instead, I saw her eyes flooded with darkness.

"You're not trying to trick me are you? I won't go home!! I won't try to find my mom!!! Don't try to trick me!!!!" she sobbed. I frowned and looked at Amber. She pointed me to the sofa. Then she guided the girl to sit on a recliner.

"Don't worry, Sulli. We're not here to trick you.. Would it be okay if I explain to Luna why you're here?" Amber asked, seeking permission. Sulli nodded slightly. I guessed she calmed down a bit. Then Amber told me everything that happened and I felt sad even though I never experienced anything like that!

"Aw, Sulli! That's so sad. Now, don't you worry!! I am here to be a friend. You can always talk to me. Don't worry!! I will not try to trick you!! You are most certainly welcomed to stay here! Right, Amber?" I replied, squeezing Sulli's hand. She smiled gently and returned a squeeze. Huh, I guessed she would trust me. I didn't press further and allowed Amber to give her a tour of the house. After all, er chances of getting lost were high. This house was giant. Even after a year of living here, I didn't dare to explore it. I knew I would never be able to escape this labyrinth! "So, I guess you guys should go around. Show Sulli the house, Amber. You don't want her to get lost like me!!"

Sulli smiled and it reached her eyes. "Your house looks so big outside and inside. It's possible to get lost? Have you got lost before?"

"Sure, often. Don't worry! You won't. I get lost cause I never bothered to look around the house. I was sure Amber was willing to let me mold up there!! Nah, she's really nice. Now, off you go!!"

"Don't you want to go? Here's your chance to not worry about being turned into mold in this house. Maybe you won't get lost from now on!! Come on!!" Amber said. "You don't have to be afraid, I'll show you how! I'll show you how you won't get lost!! Come on, Sulli! Come on, Luna. Come on everybody!!"

I jumped up from the sofa and agreed to follow them. Hmm, maybe this would be an advantage. Now I won't get lost... Unless this house had secret rooms, secret passages, etc. Then I guessed no matter how many tours, it was no good!!