o1.

It has to be you

As soon as the clock strikes 5 'oclock, Kim Jongin hurriedly came out of the restaurants he works at. Stopping by at a flower shop, and continuing to run to the park to meet his girlfriend Jung Soojung. His lips curved into a smile when he saw her sitting at a bench and her eyes met his. To Jongin's surprise, before he could even hug her, she immediately stood up with a sad expression on her face.

 

"What's wrong babe?" He asked, worriedly.

 

"I'm breaking up with you."

 

Jongin dropped his flowers that he was about to give to her. He felt that he got stabbed 100 times in the heart.


"Are you jooking?" He faked laugh. "Just to remind you, today isn't April the first. Not April Fools Da--"

 

"I'm not joking, Jongin." Soojung replied, with tears rolling down her cheeks. "I'm sorry." She was about to go when he held her hand.

 

"Tell me, what did I do wrong?"

 

"You won't under--"

 

"You know you're my life! I can't live without you Soojung-ah!" He shouted, ignoring the stares people around are giving me. "I just, can't..."

 

Soojung bit her lips, knowing that she can't live with out him as well. But she had to do this. She had no choice but to do this.

 

"Goodbye... Kim Jongin."

Week has passed since their breakup, and Jongin is experiencing his worst week on his life ever. He hasn't being paying attention on work and he also spilled 4 drinks on 4 different customers, and today was his fifth.

 

"Hey Kim. Sir Kwon wants to see you in his office." One of his co-workers passed by and said.

 

And he knew, he's going to be in a great trouble with his boss...

 

Slowly, Jongin knocked at his boss' office. He heard him shout to come in, and twisted the door.

 

"Yes sir?"

 

"Sit." Mr. Kwon ordered and stared at him. The younger one obeyed. "I believe you know why I called you."

 

"Yes, sir." Jongin looked down, feeling ashamed.

 

"Come back tomorrow if you want to get your pay. You're fired."

Jongin swag his backpack on his shoulders as he walk out of the restaurant he has been working at for a year. With a long face displayed on his face, he has been sighing along the way. First, his girlfriend broke up with him. And now, his boss fired him. What else could go wrong?

 

When he got home, he almost dropped his bag when he saw a white car parked in front of his house. But what surprised him more is to see Jessica, Soojung's older sister who lives in America and rarely goes home to Korea, standing beside the car.

 

"J-jessica noona?" Jongin walked closer to her. "What are you doing here?"

 

"You're finally here." She smiled weakly.

 

"I bet you know what happened between me and... Soojung-ah. I would like to apologize in ev--"

 

"Jongin, it's not your fault. I know exactly why she break up with you." Jessica looked at her sister's ex-boyfriend with tears in her eyes. "I know, my sister loves you as much as you love her. And I think you have to know this..."

 

"What do you mean noona?" Jongin asked confusely.

 

"Soojung..." She gulped. "She has... leukemia."

 

And with those three words, tears filled Jongin's eyes. "No... no... this... no!" He started to hit the nearest things he could see and shout at the same time. He didn't even care about Jessica whose tears are also coming down from her eyes.

 

"Please, Jongin-ah... Calm down." Jessica hugged him to comfort him. She could exactly understand what if feels like. "I'm sorry Jongin-ah.. I'm sorry..."

 

 

"But noona, it can't be..." Jongin said between sobs. "She's healthy! She's not sick! It can't be!"

 

"Listen to me. I don't want her to die alone. I want her to be happy. And I know you could do that..." Jessica took his hand and pleaded. "She's in Busan right now... Please make her happy."

Soojung felt the strong winds and the cold water torwards her as she stand at the sand of Busan's beach. Knowing that she'll die soon, a tear fell as her ex-boyfriend and their memories appeared on her mind.

 

"It's best for him not to know."

 

The girl glanced at her watch, noticing it was the time for her to go home. Soojung grabbed her slippers near by, sat by the sand to wear it. She stood up to go home but stopped when somebody hugged her.

 

"I missed you..." A deep voice whispered.

 

Even without looking at him, she knew who it was. She pushed him in shock.

 

"J-jongin! How did you know I'm here?!" She knitted her eyebrows. But what shocked her more is to see him with tears. She felt some water on her shoulders. She later realized it was his tears.

 

"Why didn't you tell me? Why... do you have to lie?"

 

Soojung gulped. "I don't know what you're talking about." She started to walk away.

 

"You're sick Soojung-ah!" Jongin shouted. She frozed. "How could he know that?" "Why didn't you told me? Do you know how much it hurts? When you broke up with me... and know your sister told me you're sick? Do yo--"

 

"Because I want you to forget all about me! Because I want you to end up with somebody else!" Soojung suddenly turned around and shouted between her sobs. "Because when I die, I want you to be happy..."

 

Jongin immediately pulled her into a tight hug. "I would only be happy when I'm with you." He broke their hug and held her hand. "Soojung-ah, I want to start all over again with you."

author's note: wow the first part more than i thought. yes. this isn't the end of story. i actually don't have any plans to update today but i'm in a good mood right now (those who follows me on twitter know why xD). nobody wants to write the part otl. D: