C1.

Undecided Mind

 

Tiffany's POV

 

I, Tiffany Hwang Miyoung, was finally going to confess to my long crush, Kim Taeyeon. The reasons why I fell deep in love with her were because of her cute look, short height, her down-to-earth attitude, her laugh that sounds like an ahjumma, her dorky actions and she looked rich. Taeyeon owned a car, lived in a mansion with Yoona and was always seen wearing fashionable and branded clothing.

 

 

I was only a few metres away from her as her locker was five lockers away from mine. I turned to my left and at the same time, our eyes met. She smiled at me and I felt my heart skipped a beat. I heard her saying goodbye to the friend she was talking to and in three seconds, she was right in front of me.

 

 

"Hey. We're in the same Math class right? You're Tippani right?" Taeyeon said confidently, mispronouncing my name. I giggled and she tilted her head. She pouted and folded her arms. I showed her my eye smile and she smiled once again.

 

 

"Yes I'm Tiffany from Math class," I said. I think she finally realised why I giggled after she talked as she was now looking down, rubbing her hand.

 

 

"I saw you looking at me. Anything you wanted to ask Ti...pa...ni?" Taeyeon said, still mispronouncing my name.

 

 

"You can call me Fany," I told her. She nodded and tried calling me.

 

 

"Pani." She frowned when she could not get it right. "Can't she get anymore cuter?" I thought and smiled slightly.

 

 

"You can call me Pani if it's easy for you," I said and gave her a reassuring smile.

 

 

"Okay Pani. So, why were you looking at me?" Taeyeon asked and leaned against a locker.

 

 

I looked down, blushing. "You were looking at me too," I muttered.

 

 

I heard her chuckle and looked up with confusion shown on my face. "Pani likes Taeyeon right?" she said and smirked.

 

 

Another blush crept up my face again. Taeyeon grinned and stepped forward, leaving only an inch between the both of us. I had to look slightly down to look at Taeyeon's face. "N-No," I stuttered.

 

 

Taeyeon pouted. "Really? Because, Taeyeon likes Pani," she said sadly.

 

 

My jaw dropped. Taeyeon liked me? Did I hear that correctly?

 

 

"You…like me?" I said my voice barely audible.

 

 

"If Pani don't like me, then I'll walk away," Taeyeon said and took a step back.

 

 

"W-wait Taeyeon," I called out. She looked up; no emotion shown on her face. "I, I wanted to confess to you actually. Your confession caught me off-guard," I said. Taeyeon's face brightened up and she pulled me into a hug.

 

 

"So, Pani likes me?" Taeyeon asked, making sure that she heard was true. I nodded and she hugged me even tighter. "Meet me at the front gate after your last class ends okay?" Taeyeon said and released me. Before she left, she stood on her toes and kissed me on the cheeks. She grinned and ran to her next class. I touched the spot she kissed and smiled.

 

 

Jessica's POV

 

I saw Yoona coming towards me and smiled at her. She was a years younger than me and we were engaged. She lightly placed a kiss on my lips and wrapped her hands around my waist.

 

 

"Taeyeon unnie and Tiffany unnie are having their private time together. I didn't want to disturb them," Yoona said to me.

 

 

"My Yoongie is very kind," I said and put my arms around her neck.

 

 

Yoona smiled and kissed me once again. It lasted for a few minutes before the both of us were out of breath. "Do you think they would last? Taeyeon and Tiffany? You know Tiffany would like to marry a rich person," I asked, afraid that Taeyeon would get heartbroken.

 

 

Yoona sighed and leaned against the wall next to me. "I'm sure Taeyeon unnie would make Tiffany unnie happy. That's all I can say," she said but I knew that she was worried about her friend as well.

 

 

"I'll see you later okay? Mrs Yang wants to see me," Yoona said and kissed my forehead.

 

 

Yoona and I were not what we were now before. We hated each other in the past. We could not meet eye to eye and we were constantly fighting. Until one day, the both of us were locked in the same room. We ignored each other, not even looking at each other for hours but then, the both of us realised that if we were to be engaged, we should treat each other better and we made up. The both of us felt stupid for not realizing our feelings sooner.

 

 

I did not know I was smiling to myself until I felt someone beside me. I turned and saw my best friend smiling to herself as well. "You're happy," I said, stating the obvious.

 

 

"You're happy too. Can't I be happy as well?" Tiffany said and glared at me. I rolled my eyes.

 

 

"So, you confessed to Taeyeon already?" I asked, interested in their relationship.

 

 

Tiffany shook her head. My right eyebrow raised. "She confessed to me instead actually. I was shocked for a moment and she thought I didn't like her when I actually did like her," Tiffany said and I could see that she was blushing. "She even kissed my cheek."

 

 

"Hope you two last long," I said and patted her back. "Let's go to class now. I don't want Mr Lee to nag at me again." Tiffany did not want to move as she hated Mr Lee; so I dragged her all the way to Literature class.

 

 

After all lessons ended, both Tiffany and I were walking to the front gate to meet our girlfriends. Yoona and Taeyeon were both teasing each other as usual and I smiled to myself. It was an everyday routine for the three of us. Yoona and Taeyeon stopped teasing each other and smiled at us as we were nearing them.

 

 

"Let's go shall we, Tiffany?" Taeyeon said to Tiffany. My best friend nodded and Taeyeon led her to her car.

 

 

Yoona's POV

 

After Taeyeon unnie and Tiffany unnie left, Jessica unnie and I walked to the nearest cafe which was also where our first date was. Being the man of the relationship, I helped open the door and Jessica unnie thanked me by kissing my cheek. I grinned like a dork and followed behind my girlfriend.

 

 

Once we got our food, we made our way to our favourite table which was near the window. Jessica unnie was not surprise by how much food I bought because she was used to it. We were eating in silence until Jessica unnie asked me a question.

 

 

“Where is Taeng taking Tiff to?”

 

 

I gulped down my food and took a sip of my drink first. “She said something about bringing Tiffany unnie for a picnic at her hideout,” I replied with a shrug. Jessica unnie nodded. “Where should we go after this?” I asked. I did not want to be home alone doing nothing. I might as well spend my time with my fiancée since we were always together and that she could make me really happy.

 

 

“We should go shopping,” Jessica replied with a huge smile. I smiled forcefully at her while inside of me, I was calling for help. “Let’s go now,” she said and stuffed the last bite of cake into my mouth. I grabbed my car keys and she dragged me to my car.

 

 

Taeyeon’s POV

 

“Where are we going Taeyeon?” Tiffany asked curiously. I smiled and looked at her.

 

 

“I’m not telling but it’s a place that means so much to me,” I replied and gave her a reassuring smile.

 

 

This was my first time bringing someone to the place. Not even Yoona or Jessica had been to the place. I could only hope that Tiffany would like the place. “We should get some food before we reach our destination. What do you want to eat?” I asked as I parked my car.

 

 

“McDonalds? I would get whatever you’re eating,” Tiffany told me and I nodded. I told her to wait in the car and went inside the fast-food restaurant to order the two meals.

 

 

Half an hour later, we finally reach the destination and I covered her eyes. She was holding the food so I carefully led her the way. Once we reach the end of the forest, I released her and her expression told me that she was shocked. “So?” I said. “What do you think of this place?”

 

 

“It’s beautiful,” she whispered. She walked around the place and she looked really beautiful. I was happy that she actually liked me back. I placed the mat on the grass and grabbed the plastic from Tiffany’s hand. I set up the food and told her to take a sit in front of me. “This is amazing TaeTae. No one had brought me to a picnic before,” Tiffany said as she sat down.

 

 

“I like the nickname,” I said and smiled. Tiffany blushed and I chuckled. “I want to have my first kiss right here with the one I love the most.”

 

 

“We can do it later,” Tiffany said and showed her eye smile.

 

 

“But you’re not part of the one I love the most,” I joked. Tiffany glared at me and pouted. She turned her back to me and I did what I had to do. I stood up from where I was sitting and gave her a back hug. I wrapped my hands around her waist and nuzzled my head on her neck. “I was just joking. Forgive me please?” I said using my rare aegyo.

 

 

“You’re such a jerk you know? How could you say that when we just got together,” Tiffany said softly. I heard her sniffing afterwards and realised that she was crying. I felt guilty and hugged her tightly.

 

 

“I’m really sorry for being a jerk on our first date. TaeTae won’t say anything that hurts Pani again. I promise,” I said sincerely. Her sniffing stopped and I felt her hand holding mine.

 

 

“Don’t go back on your promise okay? Promise you won’t leave me and promise me you would do anything I ask you to okay?” Tiffany said and pulled out one of my hand. She raised her pinky finger and wrapped it around my own one.

 

 

“TaeTae promise,” I promised. Tiffany smiled once again and we began to eat when Tiffany’s stomach grumbled.

 

 

 

Time flies so fast when you are enjoying with someone you love. It was already 6 in the evening. Tiffany had her head rested on my shoulder. The sun was slowly setting and this was the first time I watched the sun set with someone I love dearly. I admit I had many girlfriends in the past but all of them dumped me when they found out that I was not what they thought I was. They thought I was rich; so rich that I could book the whole hotel but they found out that Yoona was helping me out with my financial problems and decided to get Yoona instead but was disheartened when they also found out that Yoona was engaged to Jessica. “You’re not like that right Tiffany? You like me because of me right?” I thought. I shook the thought away and decided to enjoy the moment.

 

 

“Why do you like me Pani?” I asked.

 

 

“I like you because you are cute, your down-to-earth attitude, your ahjumma laugh, your dorky action. To make it short, I like everything about you including your short height,” Tiffany replied and giggled. I gave her a short glare but I could not be mad at her. I chuckled and forgot about what I thought of a few minutes ago.

 

 

“I’m going to make you happy forever Pani. Remember that,” I said confidently.

 

 

“I will~” she said and wrapped her hand around my waist. We did not go home until it was 9PM.

 

 

Author’s POV

 

After Taeyeon had sent Tiffany back home, she went to the convenience store near her apartment that she shared with Yoona to buy some snacks. She knew that Yoona would get hungry around midnight so she bought extra. She drove back home and found Yoona literally glued to the television. Taeyeon took off her shoes and put it into a corner. She took a sit beside Yoona and handed the younger girl a bag of potato chips from the plastic bag.

 

 

“How did your date go?” Taeyeon beat Yoona in asking. Yoona sighed and shook her head. “She asked you to go shopping with her again?”

 

 

Yoona nodded. She tore open the bag of potato chip and stuffed some in . “What about you unnie?” Yoona asked.

 

 

“I was called a jerk but I handled it already. We made some promises and most of all, we had fun,” Taeyeon replied and unknowingly, she was smiling like a fool.

 

 

“Good to hear that Taeyeon unnie,” her friend told her and smiled.

 

 

Back at Tiffany’s apartment, she was waiting for Jessica’s arrival. The latter had called her and asked if she could sleepover at her place and she said okay. The doorbell rang and Tiffany sprinted to the door. She opened the door and hugged her friend tightly. Tiffany brought Jessica’s bag inside and the both of them went to Tiffany’s room.

 

 

“So how was your day with Taeyeon?” Jessica asked with a smile.

 

 

“I had to admit it. She is fun and cute. I enjoyed the day but she made me upset for a few minutes,” Tiffany replied, remembering what happened a few hours ago.

 

 

That night, the four people did not regret of what they did that day. They were all happy. Yoona dreaded going to the mall with Jessica but it was with her fiancée so she did not regret anything. Taeyeon was happy that Tiffany liked the place and promised a lot to Tiffany. Jessica and Tiffany were both happy as they were able to spend their day with their loved ones. However what the four of them did not know was that a lot of confusions would happen in the future and that the happiness they were enjoying now would not last long.

 

 

“Let’s get to sleep now Yoong. I’m tired,” Taeyeon yawned. Yoona agreed and turned off the television. She stretched her whole body and went to her room which was beside Taeyeon’s. “Night Yoong,” Taeyeon said to Yoona.

 

 

“Good night Taeyeon unnie,” Yoona said to the older girl.

 

 

“Good night Tiff,” Jessica murmured as she put her hand around Tiffany’s waist.

 

 

“Good night to you too Jess,” Tiffany said. Before Tiffany could close her eyes, her phone rang. She grabbed her phone lazily and when she saw who the text was from, she smiled.

 

 

From: TaeTae <3

 

Good night Pani Pani Tippani. Hope you dream about me tonight. P

 

To: Pani <3

 

 

To: TaeTae <3

 

Good night dork. I will dream about you~

 

From: Pani <3

 

 

Taeyeon smiled at the text and soon fell asleep along with her phone.

 

 

 


A/N: Angst later, fluff first =p 

Here's the first chapter and the co-author, who is my friend in school, told me to write it using 2,500 words. Hope you enjoy chapter 1 and hope you will enjoy the rest of the chapters as well. Leave a comment please? - MushroomTaeNy