Final

Don't worry, just smile

 

Before that, he was happy
he was always smiling
he was funny
he was cute and
his life was perfect.

 

 

Breaking news

High-school boy was today at his house. His mother is devastated; no one would suspect that the responsible of this would be the father.

 

 

How could this happen to you, Minho? Life is so unfair, this should have never happen.
If this were some kind of nightmare nothing would be so hard for you. What can I do to make you feel at least a little happy? I would give everything just to see your beautiful and reassuring smile one more time.

I hate to see you suffering like this, I hate that your supposed-to-be-friends are now laughing at you, calling you horrible words. How can they? You were always there for them and now, they do nothing to help you.

‘Taemin, are you alright?’

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard key hyung calling me. ‘Taemin, you look like you would cry’.

And indeed, I could feel my nose burning and my eyes watering. We were on class, and from afar I could see Minho’s back, with his head down.

‘T-Taemin? Seriously you are scaring me. Jonghyun, do something, Taeminnie is like this again’.

I care so much about you Minho. Why I’m such a coward? Why can’t I talk to you? I’m scared of how you would react if I talked to you, to be honest. I never had, and it might be weird if I do know.

‘Taemin?’

I looked at Jonghyun hyung for a while without saying a word. ‘Ok, Taemin, really, you are scaring the out of me. What happened?’

I tried to smile; I don’t want them to be worried about me. ‘Nothing hyung, I’m fine.’

‘No, you are not, Taemin. You almost cried! Tell me the truth little boy’

‘I’m just stressed about school, key hyung, that’s all. Don’t need to worry, guys. I’m perfectly fine.’

We were talking for a while before the teacher enters the classroom and started talking about some stuff I don’t care right now.

I can’t think of anything else, Minho is all over my head right now. To be honest, he has always been in my head, since the first time I laid my eyes on him, i could not stop thinking about him; about his big and beautiful eyes, his perfect and cute smile, his brown and silky hair.

 I always watched him from afar, how he would play soccer every single day at lunch time. He was pretty popular before everything happened, he could have all the girls, but he never had been in a relationship, and how do I know? Key hyung has been his best friends since they were in diapers. I was shocked when he told me that they were best friends, key hyung never introduced me to Minho, because he thought that I might end hurt and until now I don’t know what he meant by that.

Key hyung is one of Minho’s friends who stayed by his side. Even if Minho doesn’t want anyone near him, Key will always be there for him.

And I will, too.

I’m sorry for not being brave, Minho. I’m so sorry.

 

‘Lee Taemin, could you stay after class, I need to talk to you’

‘Y-Yes, sir’

I did all my homework and I didn’t do something bad, what does the teacher want?
Wait, I’m the first in this class; maybe, he wants me to tutor someone. Please no, I hope it’s another thing, I don’t want to tutor, and I at explaining stuff.

The bell rang and I went to the teacher desk. Jonghyun y Key told me that they were going to wait outside the classroom and I nodded.

‘Taemin, you are the first of this class’

No, please. Everything but not tutoring

‘I have a favor to ask, would you mind tutoring Choi Minho for the exams, he is not doing quite well, i know it’s because of what happened but I don’t want him to fail the year. Plea-‘

‘I can’t do it, teacher, I don’t talk to him. Why don’t you ask someone else?’

‘Really? You guys don’t talk each other? That’s weird’

‘I’ve never talked to him. He is a little bit intimidating’

‘I asked yesterday if he would like to be tutored, at first he declined, but then I explained that if he doesn’t approve his exams he will fail his exams. Then I asked him if he had someone in mind who would tutor him, and he said your name. Lee Taemin.’

‘T-That is a lie. We’ve never talked before, h-how..’

He know my name, he wants me to tutor him.

Lee Taemin. That’s me. Should I say yes? This is an opportunity.

‘If you don’t want to, maybe I should ask yuri to tutor h-‘

‘I can do it!’

 

 

 

‘Are you sure, Taemin? If you want, I can go and tutor him. But it’s weird he had chosen you; he not even once had talked to you.’  

‘I-I can do it Key hyung. Don’t worry! This is my chance’

‘Chance for what exactly?’

Key hyung looked at me with a raise eyebrow and with a little smile. Oh damn, he noticed, did I said the last part out loud? I hope he didn’t hear a thing. Please. Gokú I’ll be good all this year if key hyung didn’t realize my feelings for Minho.

‘So, you should start telling me since when you have developed feelings for that frog.’

I hate you Gokú

‘Mind explaining, Taemin-ah? C’mon I’m your mother, now speak!’

‘Since almost 2 years’

‘2 years!? And when you were planning to tell me? Do you not trust me? I’m a little bit offended, we are friends, Taemin, hell, we are best friends, I’m your mother, and you are my son.’

‘I’m sorry, key hyung. It’s just that, at first, I thought it only was a little crush, I mean, I wasn’t gay, I’m still thinking that Minho is an exception’

‘What do you mean by an exception?’

I jumped when I heard another voice; I turned around and saw Jonghyun hyung standing behind me. I knew we should have talked about this in another place and not in the school park.

‘Taemin has a crush on Minho since almost 2 years, he’s not gay, and Minho is only an exception’.

‘Yah! Key hyung!’

‘What? Taebaby, c’mon, he’s your dad. He has the right to know’

‘Of course, Taeminnie. You know I won’t say a thing. We are here to support you, right bummie?’

Key hyung smiled and nodded.

‘Taebaby, what are you going to do with the tutoring, I mean, have you talked to Minho or something?’ Key hyung asked a little bit worried.

‘Wait, what!? Taemin has to tutor Minho?’ Jonghyun

 

 

 

‘Taemin, Minho will be waiting in the classroom, ok? It’s better if you guys stay here at school.’

I just nodded and said goodbye to my teacher. So, I’m scared and I want to throw up. Relax Taemin, relax, you can do it. I’m strong, and this is my chance, I’m going to talk to him for the first time.

When I open the door I saw him with his head on his carpet, it looked like he was sleeping. Slowly I tapped his shoulder and he literally flew away. He looked at me with those big eyes of his, and I stared back.

‘I-I’m sorry’

I bowed embarrassed. Aish, my first time talking to him and I scared him. Great Taemin, freaking great.

‘D-Don’t worry. I-It’s not your fault, T-Taemin-ah’

I looked at him, and he was bowing, too. All his hair was covering his face.

Wait.

Did he just say my name?

Did he say Taemin-ah?

This is not a dream, is it?

‘I-I don’t think you are dreaming, Taemin-ah’

Why do I always have to say at least one thought out loud?

I blushed furiously

You are doing ing great, Lee Taemin. Keep going, keep embarrassing yourself.

‘T-Taemin-ah, we should start, don’t you think?’

I nodded and sat in front of him. He sat, too.

‘So, math. It’s not that difficult. I mean, at first it is, but when you keep practicing is like a piece of cake.’

‘I just can’t remember any of the formulas. I tried but I can’t. Sorry’

‘D-Don’t apologize, M-Mi..you’

He chuckled

‘You?’

I blushed again

Why I can’t say his name?

Minho

It’s easy

‘I’m sorry..M-Miin..FROG!’

I cover my mouth with my hands

Why did I call him frog!?

Oh My God. He’s going to hate me

Even worse he’s going to kill me

I don’t want to die, I’m too young.

But then I listened to that beautiful laugh

Minho was laughing

‘Why did you call me frog? My eyes are that big?’

I tried laughing a little. This was kind of embarrassing.

‘I-I’m sorry’

‘O-Oh, don’t be’

Ok. This is awkward.

 

Weeks passed by, and our relationship, If I could say that, was growing little by little. He told me things about him, and I told him things about me. But Minho, until now, hasn’t told me something about what happened that night, when his father, him.

But I understand him, I mean, I couldn’t be able to talk about it, or even think about it. I would try to erase that from my memory. So I never tried to ask about it.

 

‘Taemin-ah’

Minho looked at me, closing his book.

‘Yes?’

When I looked at his eyes, he turns his gaze, avoiding mine. I might be wrong, but I see a little blush covering his face.

‘Ehm…m-my mom thinks..that..you know…I mean…I don’t have friends…you…’

I tried to understand what he was trying to say.

‘wouldyoumindgoingoutwithmethissaturday’

‘I-I what? You talked too fast’

If I could, I would have laugh at his face. He looked like if he could cry, really.

Minho sighed; his whole face was like a tomato.

‘My mom said…that…I should..try to spend..more time with my friends’

I nodded and told him to keep talking.

‘And, I wanted to know if you..would..like..to..see a movie with me this Saturday?

I looked at him dumbfounded

‘W-Why me?’

I tried to hide my blush that was covering my face. Does he just ask me on a date?

Calm down, Lee Taemin. He just wants to see a movie, nothing else.

Calm down goddammit

CALM DOWN LEE TAEMIN

BREATHE DON’T FORGET TO BREATHE

BREATHE

‘T-Taemin, are you ok? You can say no. I just asked this to you, because I feel comfortable around you. T-Taemin? I’m sorry; I should never have asked you this. I’m so sorry. I’m going home. I’m sorry’

LEE TAEMIN SAY SOMETHING

HIS LEAVING

‘MINHOOOOO!’

Why the heck?! Why did I scream his name!?

‘W-What?’

He stopped gathering his books and looked at me a little bit scared.

‘I-I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have scream’

‘D-Don’t worry, I should have never asked you out. I’m sorry.’

He bowed and starts leaving

‘I’ll go’

He stopped and looked back

‘What?’

I smiled

‘I’ll go with you to see a movie’

‘Really?!’

I laughed at his face

I swear, his eyes could almost fall off

He bowed 90°

‘Thank you very much, Lee Taemin’

‘O-Oh, yah! Minho, don’t do that’

‘I’m very happy. Thank you so much, Taemin’

‘Stand up’
I came to him and put my hands on his shoulders
Trying to stop bowing, it was kinda embarrassing

But I felt how his muscles tensed and he stood up

‘Don’t touch me’

I could see his face, his eyes were big and he looked terrified.

‘M-Minho, it’s me, Taemin.’

His eyes softened a little bit after a few seconds, he closed his eyes for a little bit and inhale softly before opening his eyes again, staring at me.

‘I’m sorry’

He said, keeping his head low, I saw his hands slowly becoming fists.

‘I’m so sorry.’

‘You know, Minho. You should stop apologizing’

He looked at me and I felt my heart slowly breaking. He was crying. Minho was crying. My angel was crying. He bit his lips, to stop sobbing. He closed his eyes and then covered his face. I stayed there watching him crying until I react and reached forward, embracing him.

‘Don’t cry, Minho.’

He was way taller than me, so I put my face on his chest and I could feel his heart beating incredibly fast. I felt, slowly, his hands around my waist. He hugged me, tightly.

‘Please don’t leave me’

I heard him mumble on top of my head. ‘Please don’t. I’m scared’. I felt my eyes burning. I started crying softly. ‘I-I won’t, Minho. I won’t’. I buried my face on his shoulders.

‘Thank you so much. Taemin’

Slowly he calmed down and we ended on the floor.
He lay down, with his head on my legs; I started toying with his soft hair.

We stayed like that for minutes. Until he spoke.

‘Taemin-ah’

I said ‘yes’ softly. My eyes were closed; slowly I was going to dreamland.  

‘I love you’

My eyes shot open and I stopped doing everything. Toying with his hair, blinking and even breathing.

‘I’m sorry if this sounds rushed. But I really love you. After what happened with my dad. I was traumatized; I didn’t want to talk to anyone, not even my mother. I didn’t want to come here, to school. Even once, I— tried to kill myself. I couldn’t stand all the stares I receive here. All the comments about the incident, those hurtful words. I couldn’t stand it anymore. My grades, they slowly started falling, I couldn’t concentrate anymore. But then, I saw your smile, I know this might be too freaking cliché, but when I saw your smile, Taemin-ah. I could feel that the entire place brightened. And when I saw you looking at me, I didn’t saw that you felt sorry for me, which was the last thing I wanted from other people. I felt your pain; I felt that you could feel my pain. So this is why I choose you as my tutor. I know, I’ve never talked to you, and I wish I had done it before.  You are such an amazing person, so lovely, cute, even if you don’t want to be called like that, but you can’t help being cute. You are a caring person, you never tried to ask question about my situation, like other people tried and when I didn’t answer they got mad at me. That’s why, Taemin-ah. I love you, I’m very grateful for meeting you, and since the first week, I was sure I had feelings for you.’

He raised his head and looked at me. I don’t know how my face looked like but he smiled. I could feel his warm hands touching my face and wiping my tears? I was crying?

‘I love you’

He said it again and my heart exploded, my head, my stomach, everything in me exploded. I was crying from happiness.

‘I-I l-love you, too, Minho hyung’

I smiled and I grabbed his face. He brought his forehead to mine, and closed his eyes. ‘Thank you so much, Taemin’

I laughed but I couldn’t stop my tears. I was too happy, I was happy because he said he loves me, because I saw his smile again, because he was happy. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

/cough
ok this might not be as angsty as you thought
it's just that i can't write angst 
mianhae*bows* 
Comment and subscribe 
Thank you very much for reading this little
piece of crappy one shot
I swear im going to improve my english 
so i can use more vocabulary e.é 
fighting! 
omoomm Did you listened to 
1000 years always by your side? 
/cries a river/ it's freaking perfect ;w;

oh! And keep voting on MAMA 
[shoot anonymus~]

Byeo~ 

 

Jimenew