Chapter 3

Think before you speak

 

 

To burn with desire and keep quiet about it

is the greatest punishment we can bring on ourselves.

 

KIBUM's POV

 

He doesn’t even know I exist.

 

That might be an overreaction because we are obviously glued together, but as cliché as it sounds, that’s what I feel. We are always together but he thinks of someone else. We grew up together but he wants another person’s company. We know each other too well, but he’s busy learning about another individual. We know each other’s secret but he starts keeping secret from me but shares with a different person. And I love him, but his heart calls out another guy’s name.

 

I don’t know when I started liking Donghae. We’ve been neighbors since we’re born and our parents are best friends so we naturally became one too, and since we’re both an only-child, we have no one else to rely but each other. Even though Donghae is technically 3 months older than me, I acted as the hyung. He’s always so delicate and sensitive; Uncle Leeteuk, Hae’s dad, said he got it from Auntie Sora, his mom. And I’ve always been the assertive and humble type; got it from my dad, Kangin, and mom, Yoon Ji. So, I was assigned to protect him; not that I needed the push, something about Donghae makes you want to protect him from all the people around. But, surprisingly, nobody dared hurting him. Hae and I grew up to be adored by people; well, he is loved by everyone while I was just dragged to be loved by them too since we are like brothers and Hae only really opens up to me, so a lot wants to be my friend to, be it boys or girls. Once he got close to our hyungs, Heechul and GD, we became more populare since the duo is well-known too.

 One thing I protect Donghae from, mostly, are gold-diggers.

LK Corporation, the most successful company in Asia, is owned by no other than Hae’s father, Leeteuk, and my father is the VP. LK Corp. is a company that focuses on a lot of fields; electronics, resorts, malls, cosmetics, and the medical field. If I may confirm, LK Corp. has a total of 15 resorts; 5 in Korea, 3 in Japan, 2 in China, 2 in Europe and 2 in States. 7 malls; 3 in Korea, 2 in China and 1 in Japan and Australia. And they have 5 hospitals; 2 in Seoul, 1 each in Japan, China and State. Regarding their cosmetic products and electronics, let’s just say, LK Pharmaceuticals and LKE holds the second place all around the world.

Do you understand now? Why Hae’s so delicate? Sensitive?

Lee Donghae is the name no inhabitant of Seoul is unaware of. Lee Donghae is someone who was known as the ‘luckiest guy’ in Korea for being born in such family and the only child. Lee Donghae is someone who will, someday, inherit the biggest company Korea ever produced. And everybody wants a piece of him.

 

When we were 7, Hae and I are playing in his house’s backyard, with our bodyguards keeping a close watch; but since they are wearing really dark tinted shades, it’s hard to see if they are watching or sleeping, but we did not care. All that matters is we’re playing cars and it started to be boring.

I was keeping my eye on the guards closest to us; the guard 4 meters away from is has his back facing us and his arms folded behind him, he is whistling and he looked a bit distracted, the guard situated in the gate also had his back facing us and he’s munching us. I looked up, and saw another guard from the second story, his hands on his back as he did his rounds, and a few minutes later he went back inside the house.

 

“Bummie! You not listenin!” I heard Donghae whine, so I looked back at me, only to crack a smile because of his pouting face. But cute, nonetheless.

 

“Sorry. I was busy,” I answered back, as I think through what I planned to do earlier. I heard him sigh in annoyance, so I sat beside him and wrap him in my arms, in which he returned.

 

“Hae,”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Do you want to do something crazy?”

 

He lifted his head resting on my chest and gave me a curious look.

 

“Do you want to escape from your guards?” I asked in a whisper; who knows? Maybe the guards have super hearing or something. I studied his expression, and smiled when he did.

 

We started giggling, as we neared the gate; don’t ask how we did it, I guess the guards are useless since my assumption was right, they were sleeping. How irresponsible. Now, only one obstacle is left solved, the last guard on the gate. I checked my watch, it’s nearly time for lunch and I know that this guard is a glutton, studying his features and all. When my digi-watch read 11:45am, the guard made his way in and left the gate unlocked, which was really lucky for Hae and I. But what happened next is the complete opposite of lucky.

 

We were out of the gate for just about 5 minutes when a black van made its way in front of us, and I was shoved aside as Hae was dragged in, covering his face with a sack in the process. In panic, I started shouting and took a good look at the van and memorized the plate number, which was, I realized, a good thing since it was the lead that brought us to where Hae is. Not after 3 hours, he came back; his lips quivering, his entire body frame shaking, and his eyes red from crying. When he came in the house where we were waiting, together with my parents and his mom, I quickly ran to him and hugged him, and he wrapped his tiny arms around me, clutching my shirt tightly.

 

“I was so scared,” he said, clearly crying.

 

Uncle Teuk looked at us with warm eyes when his phone rang, and he answered it.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Yes. We will file a case.”

 

“Sorry, hae. I swear. I promise I will protect you from,” I whispered to his ear and he looked at me, with eyes full of fear and assurance.

 

“I promise.”

 

 

After the incident, his previous guards were fired, and new once twice the number was hired. He was so guarded much to the extent that no one can get near him in school, except for me. Whenever someone tries to talk to him, they’ll be blocked by the guards to check their bags and stuff. The kids were annoyed at first but when they learned what happened to him, they understood and greeted Donghae from afar. Uncle Teuk and Aunt Sora also made a tracking device for Hae and I. It’s a silver bracelet with a wing as a pendand and according to them, it’s locked with a password that only the couple knows.

 

But as we grew up, Hae started to get annoyed with the security. He started to feel chocked. To feel locked in a prison. I guess you can say it’s his rebel stage and I was with him until it subsided.

 

“I can’t even date anyone!” He shouted one evening when we’re lounging on my room.

 

“Why would you want to date? I thought you said no one has caught your interest yet?” I asked, curious.

 

“Well, yes. But it doesn’t mean I can’t date. I needed experience aside from this life I’m living. And it’s not like I can date you,” he ended with a teasing voice and smacked my head.

 

Why not?

 

I shook my head real hard after that question suddenly popped out of my mind. And since then, I started seeing him more---more as a best friend.

 

Hae talked about his issue with Teukkie-ssi and was granted freedom, if and only if, he learned self defense in which the latter happily agreed.

 

He learned Gun Firing, Karate, Kick boxing, Boxing, Wu Shu, Aikido, Jin Jutsu, Krav Maga and he added fencing; and believe it or not, he finished his lessons for 1 and a half year with a highest position in each. Oh, and did I mention, he dragged me along to learn too?

 

So now, here we are, after finishing those self-defense class, Hae was given his freedom, and he gets to use his black Ferrari; ever since he got it from his 15th birthday, he’s been dying to use it, but he was not allowed, so he rode with me and my white BMW when we go to malls, of course, with the guards in tow.

 

Right now, at this very moment, I am reading files; I asked my trusted guard, Key, to look into this Lee Eunhyuk-guy.

 

I know it sounds strange but something about him tells me he’s nothing but BAD. BAD, and BAD so I got him investigated. And, yes, Donghae is unaware of it. Because, seriously, he just transferred but he’s already with Donghae? My Donghae?! And! Donghae likes---no, loves him! That is just bulls---

 

Sorry. Ignore that thought. I must be logical and not let my emotions control me. I needed to protect Hae. I needed to. And that’s exactly what I’m doing.

 

I leaned back on my chair, the chandelier dimly lit, and the papers scattered on my desk.

 

NAME: LEE HYUKJAE

BIRTH: APRIL 4, 1986

PLACE: UNITED STATES OF AMERIKA

FATHER: SHIN DONGHEE (deceased)

MOTHER: SHIN NARI (deceased)

GUARDIAN: LEE DANG WOOK

SIBLINGS: NONE

NATIONALITY: KOREAN

OCCUPATION: VP OF THE LEE ENTERPRISES

 

I rubbed my eyes.

 

OCCUPATION: VP OF THE LEE ENTERPRISES

 

What the?

 

Vice President?

 

Of Lee Enterprise?

 

Lee Enterprise has been known to be the die-hard rival of LK Corp. The president holds a grudge on Uncle Teuk for stealing, apparently, Auntie Sora away from him and he was a bachelor still.

 

This is definitely something.

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

Yeah...this is mainly Hae and Bummie's history. Mostly about Hae though :)

 

Just wanted to make clarifications so I wrote it in Kibum's pov since he is the mature one.

 

And also, for you to know that he loves Baby Hae <3

 

Hope you find it---informative :D

 

Comments and subscribes are pretty much appreciated!

 

Oh, and add me as a friend to :)

 

Lovelots <3