Chapter One

The Boy in My Mirror

Chapter One:

Thousands of jagged reflective pieces scattered about the floor is all she wanted to see. As tears gathered in the corners of her red eyes, Sandara Park declared life unfair. But then again, who ever said life was fair? Her body shook furiously as she grinded her teeth. Break it all and watch the pieces dance in the moonlight. Make it all match her dreams and wasted time, and maybe then in the end when the damage was done, she would come out feeling better.

However, it did not seem very likely. How was violence to solve all the problems? How were broken parts supposed to piece back together lost lives? They never would, they never will, and she would just have to accept it and move on. Yet she got down on her knees and cried, a shaking little mess, a dismantled unraveled husk once filled with love and laughter. Now Dara was truly alone.

And as the moonlight shone through her window and caressed her as her only companion, she let her violent sobs resound off the walls and fill the inane home with something.

Anything.

Her heavy breathing, tears dispersing upon the wood floors, the sound of a ripping heart.

Anything.

Dara couldn't be alone. She couldn't take being alone. Who could she lean on now? Who would wipe her tears when she was feeling down? When the world declared another war on her soul- her cut up, sensitive, unfortunate soul, who would put up the shield that she was too weak to hold? She took her hands from her face as plump tears rolled down her cheeks, and saw a pitiful, pale, sickly, mess, curled up on the ground staring back at her in the glow of the moon. She couldn't break the mirror no matter how many times she clenched her fists and teeth and how many crescent moons she made in her palms.

Dara couldn't even muster up enough strength to climb into bed as she laid her head on the frigid redwood floor. She wrapped herself in her little black jacket and let her sore eyes leek as she drifted to sleep with a throbbing in her head and an aching in her chest, over her family, torn apart.

Yet even in her dreams, she couldn't help but mourn the loss of parents and a grandfather, who left her alone in a cold uncaring world.

Alone.

How she hated that word.

 

-----------------------------------

 

Sunlight trickled in through the window, waking up the young girl, eyes still bloodshot from the previous night, and fighting against the rays of the sun that washed over her pale face.

"I knew you wouldn't do it," a soft voice whispered from her closet.

Eyes wide, Dara sat up in shock as her head whipped in the direction of the closet. A young boy sat with fingers curled in short bleach blonde locks, and legs crossed in front of the mirror. Something did indeed fill the house now- sunlight, a boy, and the scream of a startled girl as she dashed towards the bedroom door.

 


Author's Note:

Thanks a lot for waiting for this slow author to put out her first chapter. I'm sorry it took so long guys :(

I'll more than likely begin working on another chapter tomorrow when i'm sitting at a family reunion.

On another note let's give a big shout out to my best friend and the editor of the first chapter, Duizlie!

-Empress_Jang